When are we going to know what's going on??

Dude gets the X-Men movie rights and the Fantastic Four and has not said fucking NOTHING. I am so mad right now

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/studio/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It hasn't been approved yet. Can't say anything until both Disney and Fox signed the dotted line.

Probably because he either doesn't want to add them to the MCU, OR X-men and FF went to Marvel Entertainment. If the latter, then they're Ike's now and he'll likely not be able to touch them anytime soon.

We won't know anything for a year.

>a year

Infinty wars partial reboots the universe with Xmen and Ff existing.

12-18 months
2019 comic-con

We all know that the x-men will be send to the series part where it will be ruined just like inhumans,defenders,Iron Fist and Punisher were.

Having a movie coming up with a reality-altering plot device is awfully convenient.

Dude, it's been like 4 days. Chill.

dude

MCU was the altered reality, but it gets set back to the original state which featured X-Men and Fantastic Four as it should be. their original reality got broken when Namor left the oven on

The Infinity War could just as easily be the spark that unlocks Celestial-implanted X-Genes and could also be the an indirect source of the "cosmic radiation" that creates the Fantastic Four.

The only "mutants" in the MCU so far are Wanda and her dead brother, and they were given powers this way, so there's already a precedence for it.

>Dude, it's been like 4 days

NOT IF YOU COUNT ALL THE YEARS WE FUCKING WAITED ALREADY

YOU chill!

ITT: Faggots who care more about having their fav capeshit heroes in movies together than Disney buying up yet another major media property becoming somewhere around 50% of the tv/film market.

Closer to 40%
Disney was only about 18% before, Fox was around 20%.
This makes Disney the top dog, but not yet reaching majority.
I agree though. I just pray they don't make more of the Alien franchise.

>implying that this changes anything
>implying that Fox wans't already half dead
>implying that Disney didn't buy this zombie company just to recover half of marvel rights.

Every single story they got from fox is barely giving money nowadays or is not used by decades

Bob Iger, Chris Evans and James Gunn have all talked about it.

He can't say anything because he'd be shitting on New Mutants and X-Men Phoenix. He's definitely doing a full reboot with completely new casts and directors. And most importantly, he is firing that hack Simon Kinsberg. Any X-Men/FF movie won't come out until 2020 at the earliest, so chill brah.

Why does a monopoly on TV/film even matter when every studio is mostly crapping out garbage

Dozens of movies come out every year, but I watch like 3 or 4. Dozens of new TV shows premiere and get cancelled every season. I feel complete indifference to 99% of this stuff. Only shit-eating plebs get invested in the mediocre nonsense they're crapping out

It also gave them a combined majority stake in Hulu, pretty convenient if you are building a streaming service to beat Netflix.

Not to mention the rights to distribute A New Hope, which was Fox. And the Simpsons, and bunch of tv series, and some competing sports channels, etc etc

It's not just the X-Men and FF, that wouldn't be worth 50b

Whatever it is, it'll probably be better planned than the Star Wars films.

>Original reality is the one where an a apocalyptic future is guaranteed to happen, and every good thing that our heroes have done will be all for nothing.

Nah. Keep the mutants in their own shit universe.

The 20th Century Fox movie library is deep as fuck.
Owning it and combining it with Disney's movies and television would make a very compelling streaming service. Disney surely believes that HD streaming is the future.

Predator. Terminator.

Darkhorse might have to give them and aliens comics to marvel. Lol.

Why blow your load so fast. They got BP and Infinity coming up. Calm down and be patient. When it's right they'll announce it. They are probably still trying to figure out how to bring it all together I'm sure it's been discussed in the past but who knows.

There's absolutely no reason for Mutants or the FF to have existed in the MCU up until 2020.

Wolverine's "I'm actually centuries old" shit is fan-writer wank.

>Why blow your load so fast.

but I have been waiting a long long time

how amazing would it be if the end of infinity war is the infinity gauntlet exploding and cosmic rays pass through space and the spaceship with the FF onboard gets bombarded

I'm kind of scared of the next phase of the MCU because everything might come to a screeching halt for fan service.

Like, I can see an entire Spider-Man movie devoted to Deadpool fucking around with Spider-Man, or X-Men films rehashing the stuff we've seen at FOX, or just an endless parade of all the super intelligent evil scientists that the FF bring. I'm worried we'll just get the Spider-Man/Wolverine/Deadpool show from now on. I'm worried that we'll just go out of our way to cram the FOX brand stuff in every corner like GOTG3 completely being about SS and Galactus. I'm worried that every other obscure property we were about to see is now pushed back to 2030.

I'm worried.

>every other obscure property we were about to see

what, Captain Marvel?

Don't expect Namor. Or hulk getting a movie. Not sure about man thing.

I see the energies bathing earth and awakening the X-gene fully in a percentage of humans, and tearing open a rift to the Negative Zone.

Billionaire Iconoclast and Genius Reed Richards and his closest companions take a private Spacecraft to investigate the remains of Thanos' ship, get pulled into the rift, gain superhuman powers and encounter hostile aliens.

This can be used to set up a version of Annihilation down the road.

In the meantime expand the Gotg roster, use Adam Warlock, introduce Nova Prime, have Galactus try to devour Earth, have Dr. Strange encounter some Abstracts...

A new earth with FF and Xmen and yasssscslay Queen.

The Gifted is good though

>Adam Warlock

James Gunn is saving him for GotG 3, but he should have just been brought in already so he can BTFO Thanos in Avengers Infinity War

instead he gets used for some dumb boring shit, movie about Sylvester Stallone

OK secret fantastic four team existed in the 60s. But a early use of mind gem erased people's memories. While time gem brings them to present day.

Mutants just start to come in being.

Then Ike decides to kill namor off forever again. And to troll fans scarlet witch and quicksilver stay not mutants in all enterainment.

GOTG vol 3 will be the first to show the effects of this deal I'm sure. Gunn is thirsty for the cosmic side of F4, bet on the Silver Surfer.

>OK secret fantastic four team existed in the 60s.
But why??
And they've been erasing all memories from EVERYONE of their incredible exploits?

I see absolutely no need for this in the MCU.

I think I'm having a moment of retardation.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Having fantastic four come after avengers drives me nuts.

I bet you expected Civil War to be a 1 for 1 of the comics too.
Marvel Studios has no interest in doing re-enactments of comic books. Nor should they.

>Spidey and DP movie

I wish, Tom Holland Spidey especially won't be caught dead in an R rated film.

>Disney buying up yet another major media property becoming somewhere around 50% of the tv/film market.

Disney is bad, but let's be honest here Comcast and Sony would have been much worse, also blame Rupert Murdoch, he is the one that wanted to sell his enterteiment empire since he wants out, and Fox executives are getting 25% of Disney shares.

Why the fuck do you care about anything Marvel has to create?

It will be like Spider-Man where they were already around but nobody seemed to notice

Iron Man will need help fighting a guy, and go "I think I know a guy" and then he goes to Xavier's school which he knew about all along

>Having fantastic four come after avengers drives me nuts.
You are probably going to have Wolverine come after Deadpool. I suggest you brace yourself.

Yes, this is exactly how it's not going to play out.

Nah wolverine existed before deadpool and Xmen. I can see Disney going with teen Xmen. A merge of Claremont and Stans team.

Maybe Disney changes j laws contract to play sue storm instead.

I don't see why not. Every kid has seen the Deadpool film. I was working at a community non-profit "comic Con" for poor kids, and 6 year olds were telling me "Deadpool can't die. They shot him in the butt"

If they get a chance to white bloodcell glom-envelope-neutralize another property they WILL do it if it makes financial sense.

One day all our media will be Disney, If I'd known this in 4th grade when Aladdin was my jam I may have just tried to slit my wrists with safety scissors

It constantly amuses me that, even at this point, fanboys think that the MCU is going to pivot or reboot to become more like 616 comics Marvel from the 1960's.
They won't and they have no reason to.
War-Machine and Nu-Guardians were active heroes before Spider-Man and Doctor Strange and you're just going to have to get over it.

They aren't going to do some clumsy DC-style reboot just to add some of their other properties into the mix.

I'd like to think there's a better timeline where you did. The internets would be a slightly better place for it.

>and has not said fucking NOTHING
so what did he say?

something.

Nobody said anything about a reboot. The entire wolverine characters works better being before the other mutants. So does the first family.

It's about inserting them in where they won't damage the canon. Anyway eventually Disney will reboot decades later.

He said Deadpool would remain R-rated in the future.

>Nobody said anything about a reboot.
Are you even following the thread?

no, that was Boob Iger, the president of Disney

Kevin said nothing, he wants to ruse everyone like Kojima

I trust Feige by this point.

>>There are people out there who say Deadpool should appear in every film like Stan Lee.

Why do people think that Deadpool is this joke that will always be funny? He's going to run his course and then everyone will be sick of him.

He's like a living embodiment of "The Cake is a Lie" reference.

A reboot is to start over the entire canon. No one suggested that. They have yessslayyyy Queen and more gotg and spider man and dr strange movies for the same universe.

People are suggesting where to put the Xmen and FF franchises in.

>It will be like Spider-Man where they were already around but nobody seemed to notice

Except Spider-man wasn't around the whole time and nobody seemed to notice. By the time of Civil War, he'd only had his powers for 6 months.

No way in hell Mutants, let alone a guy like Magneto, would exist and nobody would notice.

This.
Magneto can be some guy caught up in Eastern European ethnic cleansing. Hell, you could still make him the twin's real parent if you wanted.

There's no point in having him be older than late 40's early 50's. The whole WW2 camp stuff is disposable.

18.4 + 12.2 % so far this year

boxofficemojo.com/studio/

just make it instead of Nazi's he was attacked by Hydra back in the Cold War era

Feige must be a wizard because I'm sure Infinity War was gonna be the last stop for a lot of people following the MCU, but now everybody wants to see how the X-Men and the FF are done, they already made Spider-Man successful so lotta good faith for Marvel Studios. Even more they have the perfect opportunity to asspull whatever they need with the ultra powerful McGuffin. I find funny how everything is way too convenient.

I gotta say I'm hyped for the next decade of the MCU.

It's pretty great how things worked out for them. They were forced to use their B team because the A team was over at other studios. Made that B team the new A team, and then some, and now that they are about to come full circle with what they started, they get their former A team back and all the possibilities they didn't have before.

It's like everything went well for the MCU, while everything went wrong for the DCEU.

>No way in hell Mutants, let alone a guy like Magneto, would exist and nobody would notice.
Why not? The first Ant-Man did. Wizards did. Captain Marvel did. Aliens have been on Earth since we don't know when.

Why would a few mutants be less believable than the examples above especially if they have kept a low profile?

I think the X-Men and Mutants is the easier franchise to introduce into the MCU of the two.
>Infinity Gauntlet fuckery made it so many humans started to awaken mutant powers all over the world
>many of them suffer huge physical deformations
>Xavier and Magneto get a hold of this
>Xavier funds the school
>Magneto the Brotherhood
>people start feeling uneasy of the sudden change
>Magneto's actions cement legitimate fear in one portion of the population
>spider-man gets caught in all this shit as he's rising up in popularity (HE'S A MENACE!!!!)
Done.

Is established in Ragnarok people still fear the Hulk despite him being an Avenger so there's already a precedent.

t
>It's like everything went well for the MCU, while everything went wrong for the DCEU.
And any other shared universe. Monsters? Dead. King Arthur? Dead on arrival. The one the Mummy reboot was trying to set up? Dead.
Even Star Wars is getting flack despite being financially successful.

I swear people like Kevin Feige only come to life every thousand years. He even managed to outjew the Kike.
Let's remember he was also involved in the first two X-Men films, the ones who along with Raimi Spider-Man built the foundations to today's super hero pictures, the dude must've made a pact with the devil or something. It's crazy how he managed this success in a newly found studio with a box of C-Listers.

More like Disney saw the writing on the wall, and gaining more Marvel properties for post Infinity War was a major motivator in the deal.

There is no way Disney is allowing Deadpool to be in the MCU

Disney's CEO already said they were eager to expand the MCU with Deadpool, he even mentions him by name.

Nah, it's more like he's an average guy who isn't brain-dead and out of touch like the rest of the corporate leaders.

People seem to think you can rush into a shared universe and rake in the box office dough, when in actuality you have to tell a good story first and make people care about the characters.

Dc could've succeeded despite the lackluster reception of MoS if they did a Batman movie after it, then followed up with BvS while also removing all the Justice League crap.

Government may denounce the deal within eight months also they need to finalize accounting stuff.
The chance this deal may fail is tiny yet it's present. It's not totally theirs just yet.

Even so, it's not like they'd have predicted Fox would sell their entertainment division, which was the catalyst for the deal happening.

They won't denounce it unless Disney denies their demands to consolidate. I can see them removing some of the cable channels. Those are useless to them.

>Why not? The first Ant-Man did. Wizards did. Captain Marvel did.
Ant-Man was literally bug-sized. The Wizards were having their wizard battles in a mirror universe completely unseen. We don't know enough about Captain Marvel's setup.

Except for the part where both companies already had talks that fell down some years ago.

Well, if that does happen they'll just rework the agreements (like the stake in Hulu is reduced to 40%, or Fox keeps the Simpsons) until it's passed. Worst case scenario the deal falls completely through. In which case the Murdoch's sell to someone else , thus defaulting the X-men/F4 rights back to Disney due to transfer of ownership.

Of course they won't, the deal is pretty transparent and they follow all the corporate rules. Waiting period is rather a protocol formality.

>The Wizards were having their wizard battles in a mirror universe completely unseen.
Like that dude with the broken spine some of them were out in the world non-nonchalantly using magic.

The thing is just like the aliens and the wizards who aren't fighting in the mirror dimension the few Mutants around could very well be easily explained as them just pretending to be normal human beings all along

>Ike gets total control of the X-men
>X-men Cinematic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe continue to never interact
wew

Disney won't allow this. There's too much money to be made by crossing over. Feige will get them

The dude with the broken spine sacrificed his ability to do magic to walk again.

>the few Mutants around could very well be easily explained as them just pretending to be normal human beings all along
Problem is, a lot of them look nonhuman, or have dangerous abilities like punch-shot lazor eyes.

Yeah, and they don't sign the dotted line.

You still haven't given a more compelling reason for hidden mutants than "It bothers me otherwise".

Bob Iger doesn't?

>The dude with the broken spine sacrificed his ability to do magic to walk again.
Wrong.
He was using magic to walk. That's why Mordo neuters him in the post credits.

>Problem is, a lot of them look nonhuman, or have dangerous abilities like punch-shot lazor eyes.
I smelled this was the problem with your reasoning.

Well, that's why I've been putting emphasis on "a few" mutants in my posts.
I was mostly referring to the characters who absolutely need to have their backstory set in the past (Magneto, Xavier, etc), who does look like an abomination that can't be done after Infinity War?

>You still haven't given a more compelling reason for hidden mutants than "It bothers me otherwise".
I don't even know what you're talking about, my dude.

And I have never said "it bothers me otherwise", so please stop putting words in my mouth.

Mickey Rourke mentioned that Feige was pretty much the definition of a comic book nerd. he just happened to be a comic book nerd who went to film school. I dunno whose cock he sucked, but he managed to get to a level only other nerds can dream of.

Why does Magneto need to have his backstory set in the past?
He can't credibly be an Auschwitz inmate any longer.

Explain to me why he has to have been an active mutant for so long.

Revive the real magneto.

>Ike gets the X-Men
that would be a shyamalan twist

That's a pretty long moment, it lasted your entire life

considering that marvel is slowly losing star wars, hopefully not

Are there characters that are just exclusive to Marvel Studios or Marvel Entertainment?

>Disney surely believes that HD streaming is the future.
[Ajit Pai intensifies]

> broken when Namor left the oven on

One of his powers slows his aging, or whatever the ass-pull is.

>Why does Magneto need to have his backstory set in the past?
>He can't credibly be an Auschwitz inmate any longer.

Because it's the most important part of his character.

That'd be like having Cap not be from WWII either.

>Explain to me why he has to have been an active mutant for so long.

He doesn't. It's just that all live action X-men stories should be all be period pieces now because too many of their characters are permanently tied to specific points in history.