Could it work?

Is there any alternative universe where this pairing works?

It wouldn’t even work in Bizzaro world

Kingdom Come.

I wouldn't be surprised if some writer attempts it down the road. It's a common sense pairing. Lois and Clark have too much history for it to be a permanent thing but maybe for a couple years it could work.

If Superman is more Kal-El than Clark, yes. They would have actually been a good match pre-crisis but our post crisis super dad is the absolute worst matchup and Lois is his OTP

Did you miss 2012-2016?

Not really. The thing is that while they're both perfectly nice people they'd make a boring couple outside of forced drama. There's nothing to really play off there simply because they don't have much chemistry.

nope Wonder Women was shit in that universe

She dumbed him because he was too peacefull

The pairing works better than Bruce/Diana but not by much. It’s honestly not worth the trouble. Best case is she flirts with them but the actual relationship makes all characters involved worse for it. Diana should date Steve, or sleep around.

Distant fires. Kingdom come. Pre rebirth. Some times pre crisis.

Thumbnail made me thought this was Jesse Custer.

Is it just me, or does Diana always end up going full on "WE ARE ABOVE SUCH PUNY MORTALS!!" whenever she and supes are paired up?

Its a shitty ship. Diana hardly even works for Steve

We all know what the superior pairing is

Diana and Barry. Dianna and Hal loll. Diana and captain marvel. Loll. Diana and Harley Quinn. Muh dick.

Diana comes out as asexual.

NOPE

It will be forever shit. It was garbage in even thin it's in. No once was it ever good, enjoyable or harmless. No matter want they do WW is always garbage around superman.

>"REEEE men never listen and hate talking!"
>trope exists where woman tells the man to shut up and forces a kiss
Every day I hate this planet a little more.

Wonder Woman gets gang banged by the entire League.

have you ever seen a single romcom in your entire life

...Where do you think I got the idea that it's a trope?

I can dig it.

Yeah it very well could. It just needs the right approach and a good writer.

It can work if done by a good writer and with the actual superman instead of the weird new52 superbro.
Although I prefer Karen and Clark personality. So much potential.

Billy's got dibs.

Is it just me or are any ships with Wonder Woman feel empty?
She is one of my favourite capeshit characters but I just don’t see her in any relationships.

>he pairing works better than Bruce/Diana

It only works with batman since you know it will fail quick so is harmless

I loved Kelly's JL, it killed the ship with batman in a way that even shippers liked.

Wonder Woman was shit in Kingdom Come even Mark Waid later admitted it.

It wasn't the worst way to kill it, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I (a shipper) liked it. It basically made Diana something of a coward as despite there being as many good outcomes as bad, she chose to keep their friendship (which never actually works once feelings have been outed) rather than take any risks. The woman who left Paradise Island, knowing nothing of the world outside, to do what she does. Who risks her life every day, in new and exciting ways.

I would give Batman shit for letting her go so easily, but that IS in character.

I was eased slightly by the years that followed where it was clear the feelings remain. Her stink with the power ring. Her holding him bride style after he comes back from his little trip through time.

>tfw even if the setting is crashing and burning, WonderBats was raised again in the DCEU.

Diana is meant for a strong villain that will someday break her and rape her.

It's not just you. One of the reasons the ship is cancer.

To make this ship even remotely work they have to play up the differences between Kryptonians and humans and Amazons and humans.
Then they both whine “No one understands me, wah“. Which somehow means that they are the only ones who can understand each other because reasons (probably because they are whining exactly the same) and humans are all evil for not trying to understand them.
Then you get the whole we are better than them anyway. You get a relationship written for teenagers or for people who never grew beyond that

I think it worked out fairly well in the 'Act of God' Elseworld. Of course, the premise there was some event depowers every superhuman on Earth.
And for some reason, Diana goes all 'Born again Christian' when she can't commune with the Olympians anymore.

Make way for best ship, peasants.

Well, lets be fair, God exists in the DC setting (and the resurrection likely happened) so it's a valid choice when you know gods are real but yours have basically retired. I mean, she has met Spectre. The literal wrath of God.

Are there homosexuals in heaven? The real bible says no.

SHOW ME THE FUCKING PASSAGE, FAGGOT! I FUCKING DARE YOU!

Find it yourself. There's many.

Only dykes go to heaven.

Depends. Are they sexually active? If they deny their deviant desires, not wanting them, and repent, then they are as eligible for forgiveness as anyone else. If a murderer or a rapist can be forgiven, then I don't see why a homo would be anything special.

She’s great

Clark needs to go balls deep in her

Her not wanting to deal with Bruce's bagagge and the fact that his lifestyle could end up in a tragic way and her not wanting to be too involved in that does not make her a coward.

He is just looking out for her well being.

Errr I meant She is just lookong out for her own well being.

No and it will never happen again. After the WW movie Steve has raised in status and wonderbat has a better legacy. Look at SM/WW's track record. It was shit in Kingdom come, then went from harmless to harmful in New52 which was so bad that it was universally hated and retconned harder than almost anything that has happened in the last 10-15 years. Injustice has made people hate the relationship and both characters. Miller verisons are also hated by pretty much everyone. Really SM/WW is dunzo like it should be and doesn't have anything positive to keep it alive like Trevor in the new movie and Batman with JL/JLU cartoon. Face it, WW works better with characters other than Superman. Not all characters need to be a thing. SM/WW is garbage and Trevor/bats is not. No big deal.

Self interest, and giving up on a chance of something better (because she even sees and acknowledges they could be amazing), are indeed truly the traits I love and value in my heroes and heroines.

"It could be amazing" isn't a particularly good motivator for starting a relationship. Any relationship could be amazing, but when you're dealing with a distant, closed-off, paranoid man with lifelong emotional issues you're not really starting off on a good foundation. If SuperWonder ships tend to turn Diana into this elitist, "we're better than them," harpy then WonderBat ships tend to turn Diana into a sexualized mother figure to fix Bruce's issues.

But if Clark and Diana never get together, hows Ako gonna be born?

Nope.

New 52 showed that.

>then WonderBat ships tend to turn Diana into a sexualized mother figure to fix Bruce's issues.

Implying she isn't basically the none-sexual mommy figure to the League already, and that isn't exactly what Bruce needs. Remember, we got to see their good ends too, and there were supposed to be just as many.

It's not like she saw just disaster. Any chance she takes, in romance of her heroic career, has a chance of going badly. And for better or worse, as a hero, she usually takes the chance. It was just writer/editor decision that this time she wouldn't.

As I noted, I'm not especially broken up about it, but it could have been handled by Bruce sabotaging it or been allowed to continue for a while as with SM/WW 52. It would have been interesting.

You know this is bad fan fiction tier crap, Lois would never have stood for 'Lois Lane Kent" even if she were dead

Fucking this. The feminists would lose their shit if WW was raped and fell in love with her rapist.

Who would be the best candidate for it?

Hercules. Like mother, like daughter.

Artemis.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this would go.

It says yes if they repent and believe.

Reminder: Diana is a bisexual domme/sub-switch bondage enthusiast.

How could I forget?

Maxima is for /ss/

Giganta. After an extremely awkward end to one of their brawls Wonder Woman makes a joke about Giganta not buying her a drink first which leads to them making out in a bar toilet stall. Eventually it leads to the newly married Diana and Doris Zeul-Prince trying to balance superheroics and supervillainy, respectively, while running a hobby farm/bed and breakfast.

No but this could

What about Wonder woman and ...

That is a sexy wondy
Not into the animal part

Jon was a mistake

Neither work. The only Trinity ship that has worked in any AU is Superbat.

Darkseid or Lex.

Yes.

No, Vixen is clearly the superior option.

Lex is for Waller

Soule's run is garbage like everything else. Never post again.

This, the reason why it failed in the New52 was because that Clark was godawful with relationships in general. His Lois ended up dumping him permanently after revealing his identity to world, it was shit all around.

I forget. Was this something like the sword was so sharp it could split an atom, but superman needs to help her hit it?

Source. I am amazed somebkdy thought of that and it's an interesting idea for a motivation.

Apparently that actually featured in her earth one book. Haven't read it yet though.

I guess it might work.

Kek.

What's Wondie doing in Team Fortress?

Something like that

Every single one

I came here to post this; thank you.

It doesnt work because clark is a god struggling for normalcy. The last thing he'd want to do is hookup with another god and make god babies

This!
Diana/J'onn and Hippolyta/Alfred

The "men never listen" stereotype has been dead since 1998.

KC had them as vituperative friends for the whole story then OUTTA NOWHERE he popped her cherry, that was dumb

The most interesting thing about a Clark/Diana pairing is how it *wouldn't* work but might be interesting to watch what would seem an obvious pairing, in-world, fail to hold together.

Diana is just everything Clark doesn't want to be. He wants to be grounded, when he takes off the cape he wants to be human not reminded he is a god. For Clark/Diana to work would require a fundamental shift in Clark's personality.

I wouldn't mind seeing a good writer doing it as an elseworlds. Kal-el starts to lose his clark-ness with Diana's influence, there is less and less human in him, more god-leanings. I don't think this is the way to go in main continuity but would be an interesting diversion.

Clark needs to be with a mundane human. Maybe someone who works "in the business" but non-meta. Honestly, I think Clark and Babs would make an interesting pairing.

(some metas would work, I guess i'm thinking of more along the lines of non-physically-meta. pairing him off with someone who is bodily human but has "external" powers would work, some mentalists or magicians who can effectively "turn off" their abilities. Zatanna would make an interesting partner for Clark, for example)

There's one where every non-Human hero lost their powers. Clark goes seriously depressive because he becomes normal and Lois kicked him basically because he's not Superman anymore. So, he hooks up with depowered Diana, some domestic problems, Clark back to his farmer roots, stop to be a whiny fucker and marries Diana for real.

I've grown up with them side by side. It could definitely work. DC knows this. But they keep trying the evil route which kind of is annoying.

FUCK YES! HAVE A YOU!

The one thing I don't get is that Wonder Woman is always Superman's rebound after he loses Lois in one way or another
Why? Why WW? Why not someone else for a change?

i assumed this would be the outcome of their book. they go on dates, theyre happy, but something's not right. clark has reinforced that he needs his more human side at the end and diana that she needs more

why do you talk like diana lacks a human side?

Only when the writers can't be bothered to read some Wondy and understand the character. So yeah, almost always.

Who's the artist?

Do you know that the bible is full of shit?