Doing a read through of Claremont's X-Men

>doing a read through of Claremont's X-Men
>get to the "Kitty Era"

Fuck me, thank christ the New Mutants happened.

Terra was based on kitty.

>m-muh waifu
>Kitty is cute! Cute!

Figure that out all by yourself?

>14

Dammnit Chris you couldn't leave that one word out?

Kitty hate thread?

You coulda just used a Bendis pic ya know, simp?

>Hating Kitty when she was still good

As expected of a newfag.

>an attractive, functionally invulnerable, jewish genius teenager who alternates between petulant self-righteousness and frivolous whimsy
you couldn't have built a character more in-tune with the sensibilities of gen-x even if you tried.

Kitty was never good. She's the Wesley Crusher of the X-Men.

>She's the Wesley Crusher of the X-Men.

That sure does explain the decades long fan favorite status she still enjoys to this day, doesn't it?

>Hating on literally the best period of the book

Kitty was a good character then, and the build up to the Brood saga was aces. And if you hate the "Kitty era", you'll despise post Claremont New Mutants.

Didn't she call herself Sprite back then? Either way, I liked that subplot of her trying to find a hero identity.

It doesn't explain it. And that's what boggles my mind. she's an insufferable "kid genius" character, and the cast of New Mutants just makes it that much more apparent how fucking obnoxious she is.

Kitty is the worst part of all of those stories though. Yeah, the Smith/Cockrum era is amazing, but if Kitty was absent, I wouldn't miss her. What would we miss out on? A few holodeck episodes like ? (I'm committing to this star trek bullshit)

>Win a Columbia ten-speed racer!
Why don't Marvel does those lotteries anymore?

Kitty's Fairy Tale (UXM #153) is one of my most hated/reviled X-Men issue ever. The only ones that are worse, are the Austen two parter where he breaks up Havok/Polaris on their wedding day by having Havok leave Lorna at the altar for a woman who had her son mindrape Alex into loving her, and the Bendis having Jean Grey mindrape Bobby gay issues.

man, she looks like a devilHS drwing without the gigantic tits and muscles
hot

>Kitty's Fairy Tale (UXM #153) is one of my most hated/reviled X-Men issue ever.

Thanks for sharing your awful tastes, you fucking edgelord.

I haven't read it in a while but i remember her calling people nigger a lot. I'm pretty sure it only happened twice but it always surprised me how eager she was was to call people nigger.

this was great

Never got why people hated Kitty, she was pretty likable. I assume its just a contrarian thing

Most people hate modern Kitty since she's the waifu of most writers and they tend to put her on a pedestal.

>waifuing any X-girl other than Rogue
how can this taste be excused?

well x-men are the biggest waifu source in comics

A, B or C-lists doesnt matter there's a waifu for everyone

She's Jewish.

Also true of husbandos

37 year old men are much less enthusiastic about winning a mountain bike.

>Most people hate modern Kitty since she's the waifu of most writers and they tend to put her on a pedestal.

So Bendis?

Speaking Ultimate Kitty, I wonder if they introduce her into Spidey MCU as a love interest now that Marvel Studios got the X-Men rights, beats having boring smug Michelle.

But Claremont and Whedon are the only two that wrote Kitty well. And she was enjoyable under them. She made lots of mistakes under Claremont, she wasn't a perfect girl like many other writers tried to make her

wow, I knew she had some bad costumes but daaamn that is an eyesore

When you really like a girl and just have to watch her bone everybody else while you do nothing, some guys get angry.

Punky Brewster shit

Who, by yourself? Because I've rarely seen anything but fond nostalgia for the issue. You might be projecting a bit.

>13 year old girl has shit fasion sense
That was the point of the entire storyline. People had a hard time getting it the as well.

>popular = good!

Is this b8?

You're moving goal posts user. Kitty isn't like Wesley if only because Wesley was never ever popular.

there is only one Punky Brewster and he wears a wallet chain

>this much autism
Marvel was a mistake

Ok fair enough. Wesely was shitty and hated, Kitty was shitty and popular. Is that your argument?

Kitty is user, not was.

What if those men are prone to be overweight?

Is Colossus a pedo?

Ok fair enough. Wesely was shitty and hated, Kitty is shitty and popular. Is that your argument?

The last panel. Did Peter take off the shirt before or after he saw something dangerous? That's important.

I predict at some point "simp" will become the Sup Forums insult of choice, if only for a little while. Don't know why it isn't right now though. it most accurately encapsulates the mindset of the white knights and beta nu-males.

No one cares

:\

and then they get nuked and only come back as the handsome Beyonder's pawns

Ahead of your time

I'll take Kitty over Jean Grey any day.

It's because she has a vagina.
Wesley gets more slack from chicks than guys, can't imagine why.

Do writers like Bendis/Whedon fetishize Kitty so hard because she's one of the few comic characters to openly beg for the D?

I’ll take both of them over Emma Frost

Who wouldn't?

Not in the Claremont era where Kitty shits up 50 straight issues while Jean does nothing but give us the GOAT comics death

She's like the little sister he could bone

Peter or Claremont?

>not one of them offers to carry that heavy-ass bag for her.

faggot detected

Even during the Claremont issues she's an annoying cunt. I get why nerds developed crushes on her (she's a cute girl your age who's also very kind and a nerd so you might have a shot with her) and it's easy to see themselves self-insert as Colossus (tall, strong and handsome but with a sensitive soul and kind of a beta personality).

Christ do I hate Kitty

>well x-men are the biggest waifu source in comics
I would say Legion is equally big. X-Men only has the benefit of constant publication but they haven't been churning waifus out in a long time. X-23 is really the last one.

>X-23 is really the last one
Tempus had potential but she fell into obscurity rather quickly

Rename this to bendisalias.jpg

>it's easy to see themselves self-insert as Colossus

This. There's like no other reason to be a Colossus fan

Wallflower likely would've been one if her head hadn't been blown off. A lot of the Academy era kids have or had large but untapped waifu potential. Not really as much with the WatXM ones.

Does Magik count? I know she was created loong time ago but many people started waifuing her after her resurrection.

She was resurrected because a lot of people waifu'd her in the first place. She was just introduced to a new generation. More like retailoring an old suit than buying a new one.

Pixie before Fraction

both

My first intro to Kitty pre-Shadowcat was Pryde of the X-Men. I didn't know she was as whiny in the books.

Now that bendis left marvel, will it be okay to bully kitty again? Have emma do it, she's prime kittybully.

Claremont Kitty is the only tolerable Kitty. All the others are garbage, especially when written by Bendis.

Same

Shit taste

>Jean does nothing but give us the GOAT comics death

That's not Barry saving the multi verse.

Colossus has a cool power though

Every single costume she designed for herself was shit. It was a running gag... she'd show up in some new costume with roller skates or something and the polite members of the team (Nightcrawler, Storm, Colossus) would try to break it to her gently while Wolverine and Rogue stood in the corner laughing. She started out as Ariel, switched to Sprite almost immediately, before finally settling on Shadowcat. She keeps going back to the standard yellow and black X-Men uniform because she just cannot design a good costume. Other than the standard, the one that lasted the longest was the dark blue jacket with blue tights and a domino mask... as I recall it was designed by Art Adams and was intended to be another "shitty" costume, but Adams can make a potato sack look good on someone, so it ended up sticking for a while.

It only happened once dude.

Didn't that British chick from Excalibur want to fuck Kittt on her birthday? I mean the art sure made it look like that.