Mfw I finally got around to seeing Justice League and it was thoroughly mediocre

>mfw I finally got around to seeing Justice League and it was thoroughly mediocre

Goddammit I know it's been discussed to death, but I really just want a decent Superman movie. Is it too much to ask?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w3-PO2VMX4c
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/17/box-office-justice-league-ends-first-month-with-219m-u-s-634m-global/#57f8f0622ac0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is it too much to ask?
By all accounts yes.

>I really just want a decent Superman movie. Is it too much to ask?
Until everyone stops obsessing over "fixing" or "updating" Superman, yes.

JL Supes is the best Supes in all of DCEU.

>I really just want a decent Superman movie.

Your bitching about Superman in the movie and he was spot on amazing. it was everyone else that sucked.

>I really just want a decent Superman movie

You had one 4 years ago

>Your bitching about Superman in the movie and he was spot on amazing

He was complete shit, but i guess that the quips were good for you

>I really just want a decent Superman movie.
>Is it too much to ask?

Yes, because what is considered a decent Superman movie is an entirely subjective and highly controversial subject because people can't enjoy agree what is a decent portrayal of Superman.

Why are you posting Injustice 2 screen shots on Sup Forums?

>he was spot on amazing
He was much much improved from the previous two movies, but let's not get crazy here.

Disney made one twenty years ago

> I really just want a decent Superman movie

Just watch the Donner Superman films user, they are better than any superhero film made in the last twenty years.

I'm just disappointed that it was so bland that it probably won't result in any spicy memes apart from how useless Steppenwolf was and the whole bit with Superman trying to kill the Justice League in a petty psychotic rage.

>Your bitching about Superman in the movie

>decent Superman movie

I feel like we've had parts of a perfect Superman movie scattered among the movies of the decades, but it just needs tonbe Frankensteined together.

Superman Returns is a great palette cleanser if you watched any of the DCEU Superman-related films.

Although it does feature Kevin Spacey in uncomfortably close proximity to a little boy:

youtube.com/watch?v=w3-PO2VMX4c

A zombie with a CGI smile is your Superman. This speaks volumes about the NOT MUH crowd.

considering the bar is so fucking low

Man of Steel and Batman v Superman weren't decent Superman movies, they were good one.

Snyder's movies are in principle very straight-forward. There's little avant garde about them. It's simply their form that makes them strangely subversive. An example is how Superman is heroic and correct throughout Man of Steel, but it never feels like it because the destruction and desolation is so overpowering.

Some of the criticism for Snyder's Man of Steel is based on fantasy - Snyder "doesn't think" about edits enough, which makes the movies incomprehensible. In truth, you're simply mistaken about what's shown on screen, and the narrative you thought was happening was never there. Thus you fantasize that Snyder didn't think hard enough about edits.

This can also be seen in the complaint about how heroism is questioned in the movie after acts of heroism. The oil-rig scene "should" have happened after it's questioned whether or not to save people, so that it would be an affirmation Thus the narrative is a failure because what "should" have happened didn't happen. In truth Superman saves people, but we still get the uncomfortable question - doing the right thing is not easy, one might say.

It was ok till the moment they resurrected Superman. It's not really interesting to watch a team of heroes pretend they do something when Superman helps them.
I mean that wolf guy didn't even had kryptonite.

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/17/box-office-justice-league-ends-first-month-with-219m-u-s-634m-global/#57f8f0622ac0

Damn, that's embarassng. Total box office projected to be 675 million?

Brutal.

>but I really just want a decent Superman movie. Is it too much to ask?
The old ones, MoS, BvS. There you go.

>The Adventures of Cucklopes and his Mutant Halfbreed Superson

>they were good

>is how Superman is heroic and correct throughout Man of Steel

Idk, I enjoyed the Justice Lords movie.

Man of Steel Superman did exactly that though.
And you have to take into account that the DCEU world is a lot less friendly than the DCU. Pa Kent is perfectly comfortable telling Clark to not give a shit about how he's seen because he knows people love him and that he does the right thing. DCEU Pa Kent realizes that Clark doing tje right thing won't matter to a bunch of people, and that he'll be villified no matter what he does. So he was trying to prepare Clark for that eventuality, which eventually came to pass.