Will theme parks become a thing of the past in the future like malls and arcades?

Will theme parks become a thing of the past in the future like malls and arcades?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1xO2kePk0zI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If that happens I hope the entire planet is transported to hell where it belongs

>MFW I haven’t been to Disney World in years but am too much of a poor college student to go

Just a year and a half left to go.

No. Adrenalin junkies will always exist and people will always be drawn to the thrills. The only way I see this working is if VR gets to the point where you can actually feel things that happen in virtual reality. But if that becomes the case thrills will be the last thing on my mind. I'll be having sex with my waifu 24/7.

Disney World gets 17million visitors annually. I doubt that'll go down any time soon

By that point we can probably just upload our consciousness to the web and live forever in a digital reality.

I doubt that'll happen, at least fully the way you describe. At that point we'll achieve duality existence since there will always be things that need to be done in our physical space. We'd be cyborgs who could also project ourselves into a virtual space while going about our normal lives. I could be getting a bj from my waifu while looking like Danny Devito while I'm at a board meeting and none would be the wiser.

No way. They’ll just keep getting better/more immersive. Disney’s already trying to go Westworld with Star Wars Land.

>Instead of normal Star Wars merchandise, Galaxy's Edge's shops will be selling in-universe merchandise. Toys for example will look like they were handcrafted by local alien artisans.

Not anytime soon thankfully
>tfw no princess gf

I don't think Disney World is ever going away just because of how unique of an experience it is. When you have adults regularly pining to go to your children's cartoon theme park, you have something special.

I can't wait until Springfield comes to Disneyworld.

Disney is timeless

How long till Disney straight up buys Universal?

Universal probably has some long-term contract like they do with Marvel.

Futurama at Disney World is much more likely

I mean..doesn't it already?
>put people into a seated roller coaster cart
>put VR headset on
>ride moves around in time to whats playing on the screen, add in effects like wind, heat from the sun, etc

its not really that hard, I think a lot of thrill seekers are purist though who love to go to these places just for the rides, etc

and then there's a lot of people who go there just to eat/buy stuff

while you can augment some of it in virtual reality i don't think you can ever fully replace it. A shopping mall/arcade has things that can be digitized or consolidated but not an amusement park.

its already at universal studios mate youtube.com/watch?v=1xO2kePk0zI

>in-universe merchandise
this is my favorite kind of merchandise, fuck.

replica E-11 please

I mean something more akin to (God forgive me for using these atrocities as a reference point) Ready Player 1 or Sword Art Online. Something that would actually make your brain stimulate the feelings of free falling and such.

The movie rights for the Hulk are probably enough for them to go ahead with it.

those monsters u hats sell like crazy I think everyone at the parks with the range of 18-30 has one

disney's all about atmosphere though and as a massive atmospherefag, simpsons and futurama are too crass and fairly cynical to fit into a disney park.

Possibly. Definitely not Disney or Universal, but some of the smaller stuff are struggling. Busch Gardens, Seaworld, and Six Flags have had some problems in the last decade. Not to mention your even smaller independent stuff though I think Cedar Point is safe.

>tfw no more gmr