/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

It's all on the hands Edition

>Upcoming Releases:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Collector's Edition (Tue 19)
Star Wars Insider #178 (Tue 19)
Doctor Aphra #15 (Wed 20)
Poe Dameron #22 (Wed 20)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

first for dickgirls

SHEEV IS BACK BABY

So, does Poe become the leader of the Resistance after Leia's death?

Fifth for pic related is better than the ST and probably expands the world more than TFA too, what with magic witches and all.

Rey a shit, a SHIT.

only if he actually learned how NOT to get everyone killed.

>literally responsible for destroying the Starkiller base aka the biggest threat EVER
>but your successful operation killed five people of color so you're going to be demoted and have to answer to admiral gender studies over there

This was surprisingly brutal by series standards.

Did Luke fuck any of those nuns?

Why was Hux so shit?

>master race

was surprised how much of a qt rose is

>fat ugly chink
>cute

Some of the directorial flair in this movie was really nice, but it feels ugly because it's in service of a story not worth telling.

Reminds me of some of the more brutal Clone deaths in TCW

Rian DID say he enjoyed watching that show, maybe he was inspired

I've never seen it. Is it worth a watch?

why is Sheev always in such a good mood and enjoying life all the time? I wish I was as happy as him

the opening scene with him was fucking awfull. pretty sure people understood what poe was doing immediately but the had to drag it out. i cant believe they opened the movie with this shit too
its like hes playing an imp for a parody comedy skit

It's nihilist kino.
But for real, no. The first movie is trash and the sequel is trash AND depressing.

I laughed at first.

Then it went on. And on. And on. And then I felt bad for laughing and started to cringe.

When is Rebel's ending? I'm kinda sitting on my hands and waiting for people to finally put the period in the discussion and say it was bad after its all said and done and we can look at it as a whole.

Well, ok then. I was hoping it was decent. Thanks user.

Yes, it is inoffensive and comfy.

eat shit

>got the entire bomber squadron wiped out because he didnt follow orders.
an army without discipline......

I don't know if it was bad but it was definitely worse than TCW and CW.

Sheev loves being evil. He was great bad guy.

Destroyed a fucking Dreadnought. Plus those bombers are useless. Hopefully they will design better ones for 9

It's pretty bad.

>comfy
>literally all the main characters fought for in the first one is pointless, also all of your family will die and the world has no meaning, buy our shit

Bombers were shit and slow, not his fault
BRING BACK Y-WINGS

Well, the first one is comfy anyway. I look at them as one movie.
But both make me comfy because they take place in a comfy forrest.

Dood
No one came back except him.

New Hope > Empire > Last > Return > Revenge > Force > Phantom > Rough One > Clone

I don't like it because it forces itself on the Original Trilogy, which stands on its own.
I mean, really? You HAD to get Wedge involved? Are you telling me the Ghost crew had their hands in everything building up to A New Hope?

3>5>6>8>1>4>RO>7>2

What was his end game? Sheev had clear motives, peace and order

I like the movie but shouldn't it be call Star Wars :The Last Cute Girl because goddamn this movie just killed them all like it was nothing

Bomber girl: Dead
Poe's wing girl: Dead
Shuttle girl: Dead
Vise-Admiral: Yes I would but can't because Dead

>What was his end game?
Giving Bob Iger a third yacht.

Ani lick my tummy

need better ships

OK that got me.

All the Sith Lords had sad and tragic lives except Sheev. He had no doubts or inner conflicts, he was evil and loved every second of it.

Why didn't purple hair just tell Poe the plan?

Make sense considering the ST is made by the world's most evil corporation. They have a twisted vision of the world.

Don't remind me.

>and CW
Imagine being so stupid that you claim a 4-season show is even remotely possibly worse than a overhyped 2-hour-long miniseries.

KILL THE PAST

KILL STAR WARS

KILL MEN

Nobody is going to unanimously agree it was bad. Most people are fond of the show, even if you acknowledge it as a step down from TCW,

56% Audience score on RT
4.9 User Reviews on Metacritic

The Ewoks movies weren't made by Disney, you clowns.

Can I save this picture?

bravo rey

Its literally about the foundation of the Rebel Alliance, and Hera (an ace pilot herself, and lover of a Jedi) becomes one of the top Generals.

No fucking shit she would be connected to some other big Rebel characters,

Oh, boy.

haveing hot girls better then your main girl

nonono

hot girls' resentment must be building up. They know who to take to the camps soon.

>Star Wars was dear to thee I see. Know that it suffered greatly at the hands of its new host.

OH NO

See you are playing it safe, really safe. Hera is probably the best character in Rebels.

get off my ship

of course I stole it from normiebook

Nah, Pablo was openly critical of TFA before he nuked his twitter. I suspect he (and the rest of the LSG) will be more fond of TLJ because they worked closer on it, but overall I think you're right and they took a step back while JJ did most of the heavy lifting for the ST. I don't believe they're happy with how things ended up in the way that they very clearly are with Rogue One.

because she was annoyed by poes mansplaining so she decided to nosplain

which one of you sad pathetic jerk stains actually used valuable time to make this? Seriously go volunteer somewhere....

Rambling hot take coming in

The only parts of TLJ that I really enjoyed were the Rey/Kylo parts, especially the Kylo stuff. Kylo's character got so much better with this movie because it focused so much on him. We get to see the conflict in him and there's a lot of really interesting possibilities for his future. I loved the focus on him, especially since he balances out Rey a bit. Everyone bitches about how Rey is a mary sue, and yeah she's pretty fucking powerful apparently, but at least TLJ gave us some introspection and we got to see how she's really hesistant to accept her place as some powerful force-user. She'd rather have Kylo be the one to "balance" the force and come help the Resistance, rather than do it herself. It actually made me care about her character more than TFA ever did.

Honestly, I think the ST would've been much better if TFA had focused more on Kylo. Instead of waiting 1/3rd of the way through the movie to reveal that he is Ben Solo, reveal it at the beginning after he captures Poe. If it had focused more on his backstory a bit early on, and then shifted to Rey and their eventually encounter, it would've been a stronger more interesting story. Instead it focused too much on rehashing ANH and Starkiller base. TFA's main characters were Rey and Finn when it should've been Rey and Kylo with Finn and Poe as the supporting characters. TLJ would've been much better for it too.

The whole Kylo/Rey/Snoke scene was my favorite part. The action was great, the twist of Kylo killing Snoke I loved even though I was annoyed we know nothing about Snoke still. There's small complaints about that whole thing but overall I liked it.

Are they going to teach him to Respect Women?

>Only one colored person
Wow, pretty risky.
We will never see any Rebel's characters in any of the movies because even Disney knows its a kids show and it would turn off adult viewers to see an alien character that isn't Chewbaca and has more than two lines.

I'm still torn on the Luke stuff. I hated TFA for having Luke fuck off and giving up on the Galaxy because of one obstacle, and I still hate JJ for it. Rian did his best to cover that and fix it a bit, I guess, but then to go ahead and kill him off sucked. If you're going to kill Luke off they could've just saved it for episode IX, especially now that Carrie is gone there isn't going to be any OT main cast left. Only brightside is now JJ can't fuck Luke up, so maybe Rian was trying to save us from that shitshow.

Sadly the rest of the movie really pissed me off. They shat on Poe for no real reason. I find it hard to believe that Resistance command approved his mission to take out the dreadnaught, then right when phase 1 of the mission is done they just up and go "lol nevermind, come back we're cancelling this plan". It was a suicidal plan to begin with and they approved it, yet they're going to place blame squarely on him because they could't make up their minds. The whole thing didn't sit well with me, but that's probably because it was made worse by Holdo and her shitting on Poe from the moment she met him and keeping her plan secret for no real reason.

Canto Bight was pointless and drawn out. Del Toro's character was pretty interesting but barely got any time and was just a plot device. That whole subplot could've been handled far better. Also action-hero Maz was really awkward. Lando should've been the contact on Canto Bight who has a code-breaking buddy. "I'd like you meet my friend Talon Karrde" or something.

I'm glad they killed Phasma off. She was so pointless. They could've had some interesting subplot with Finn trying to turn more FO troopers but they abandoned that pretty early in TFA by making him only care about himself, which makes sense with his backstory. Killing off Phasma was for the best

Fuck off assmad Rebelsbaby. Genndywars has better characters than Rebels end of story

>sad pathetic jerk
>valuable time
You don't see many shitposts, do you?

Those were for little kids and even as a kid, I just ignored them despite I was a huge SW fan. The ewok movies are harmless kid entertainment, not this unintentional nihilistic faggotry

Well at least Phasma got what she deserve for killing her

Rey just doesn't have her hair down, If she did, she'd look absolutely beautiful.
>purple saber, black clothes, hair down
she'd be perfect.

there's something really bothering me with Leia and Han.

I mean, why would Han go back into smuggling? This happens before Ben ever turned. I feel that something happened in between that caused them to fall apart from each other.

Though here's a funnier thought; would Han taking Ben with him instead of Luke training him kept him from becoming Kylo?

>greedy space arms dealers sell weapons to the bad guys AND the good guys

incisive social commentary, bravo Rian

Is Phasma really dead tho?

You mean like how Chopper and Hera have already been in a movie, or Maz Kanata (played by the hot topic black chick, three years running) is the ST's alien postergirl who even got shoehorned into TLJ completely randomly?

Disney isn't refusing anything, Kathleen herself even said they're looking for more room to connect the media, and the LSG said Hera's cameo in Rogue One was "Just the beginning."

kek

>Only one colored person
two*

That's not funny

>90% of the cartoons characters stay mute in generic, bland action sequences - the equivalent of clashing toys together
lol ok, go back to Sup Forums captain autismo

that's not original at all. It's like Rian watched something like Gundam Unicorn or Char's counterattack before doing this.

>creates map to exact location

>time and effort spent hiding it among trusted people

>located and just says 'lolno'

While she did have a shitty death that could allow her to come back, I actually refuse to believe they would pull that shit AGAIN.

resistance fleet jamping evey 24 hours

gundam is trash

>created a map for people to find him while he looks for the first Jedi Temple
>"actually I came here to die, didn't really want anybody to find me, and I dont even like the shitty temple"
I dont understand

who is that?

>Actually considering the Rogue One cameo anything of relevance
It was a nod to Rebel's fans, nothing more.

He made the map so people could deliver milk to him in case he ran out.

Anaheim shouldn't exist. They're so blatantly dealing to both sides yet neither side cares.

>people didn't start looking earlier.
>Luke lost hope gradually.
Had the resistance contacted him earlier, or Leia personally going there with Rey, he would've gone with them earlier especially on the former scenario.

get out

Don't bully the Gyrocopter pilot he is the leader of the Great Northern Tribe

DON'T FUCK MY NEPHEW

Are you sure she killed her? Look more like Phasma is putting her dick inside her.

>Everyone wanting more of Mustafar and Coruscant

How does it feel, acknowledging Rogue One as the recent Star Wars movie that contributed the most to the lore?

Because I sure feel good.

>why would Han go back into smuggling?
Because the focus groups want him back into the exact same place he was on ANH, with the same old jacket, Chewie and the Millenium Falcon. It's all about cold marketing decisions, just like the MCU