HOLY SHIT IMPORTANT PSA

ATTENTION Sup Forums: HIROMOOT NOW HAS BITCON MINERS ON THE WEBSITE. THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU ARE ON ONE OF THE AFFECTED BOARDS (basically most of them), HIRO IS USING YOUR COMPUTER TO MINE FOR CRYPTOCURRENCY. DOWNLOAD A NOSCRIPT ADDON AND BLOCK FUCKING EVERYTHING, ITS THE APOCALYPSE, KEEP YOURSELF SAFE

Other urls found in this thread:

s.4cdn.org
s.4cdn.org
google.com
google.com
gstatic.com
cdn.mathjax.org
cdn.mathjax.org
cdnjs.cloudflare.com
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Inline-script-tag-filtering
github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/commit/43eb4648ba1126a58c933177da00154d469536dd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Someone finally came up with a way to make Sup Forums self-sustaining
>Sup Forums is pissed

What if I'm a dumb phoneposter?

is this a security risk to me in anyway?

So what does that mean? Is he stealing money from me or something?

jesus christ Sup Forums are you really this tech illiterate?

i only use Sup Forums

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

I am. What does this mean?

Yes, he is stealing your dogecoins.

in english doc!

Nice cruise control, faggot.

daily dose goblin.

i just want to know what this means for me

Bitcoin mining uses your Processor and Ram to make crypto coins. So your PC works slower and drains more electricity while its active.

thanks

yea but only if I'm on Sup Forums right? So I just close tab and that's that

uMatrix or Sup Forums-x makes this blocking a breeze and I have uMatrix + Sup Forums-x + uBlock.

Just install uMatrix or Sup Forums-x preferably both.
On your phone use Clover or Fortune if on iOS.

CPU is essentially the last component to burn out RAM being the first but you will be footing the bill in slow loading speeds and electricity bills if you don't block shitty scripts.

I TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND GIVE YOU AN IMAGE THAT MOST PEOPLE CAN'T UNDERSTAND THUS THIS IS FACT. BE SCARED.

Gotta pay for that internet fast lane somehow.

Thanks, Pajit.

At least explain how to block the shit with uMatrix, this shit is useless otherwise.

My uMatrix config is butchered by the fact that Sup Forums-x is already filtering out the unwanted domains, but using umatrix is as simple as clicking the block until they turn green or red as in OP's image. You can write custom rules which handle the site across the entire internet (eg allow youtube everywhere) but what OP suggested one should work.

My uMatrix layout pic related

My Sup Forums-x javascript whitelist
s.4cdn.org
s.4cdn.org
google.com
google.com
gstatic.com
cdn.mathjax.org
cdn.mathjax.org
'self'
'unsafe-inline'
'unsafe-eval'

cdnjs.cloudflare.com

in english

This doesn't explain which URLs contain the miner

>your PC works slower and drains more electricity while its active.

I only understood this part

Can't you just download the Add-On known as NoCoin? That should block this bitcoin mining business.

You just click until the squares turn green as in the OP's image or you can install Sup Forums-x and click as the squares turn green as in my image and paste the Sup Forums-x javascript whitelist into the advanced tab of Sup Forums-x to get the same results.

Or you can use the script fixes posted in which basically consists of adding Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode) to your ublock filters

Miner should be contained inside amgload and piquiproxy, I'm not sure why OP's image doesn't include this.

Because addons themselves can include malware which is why people try to stick to things like umatrix and ublock.

Isn't it only a thing while on Sup Forums? i'm tech illiterate, I only come here for Sup Forums and one other board.

Same, I'm fucking lost here.

The bitcoin issue has been affecting many sites recently (The Pirate Bay is the most high profile one recently but people are going to keep trying to do this because normalfags have caught onto the fact that ads suck and these scripts are pretty invisible) I highly recommend you install just uBlock if you aren't too techy and paste the script fix in the textbox under the "My filters" tab.

>Miner should be contained inside amgload and piquiproxy, I'm not sure why OP's image doesn't include this.

I had those blocked already on noscript, should I be fine?

Do I even need noscript anymore if I have ublock and turn on advanced user mode? I never figured that out but I assumed the XSS protection makes it worthwhile.

Which UBlock do I use? Origin or the one with just UBlock on it? I've kind of ignored this but I'll finally start using chrome.

If I just turn off adblocker will it stop this shit? I'd rather look at ads than this mess. was that their plan all along?

that makes it worse, you fucking dumbass

Thanks for the info. I already have uBlock installed, so I guess I won't worry too much and just keep the tabs closed when not on.

On a side note: Does anyone has ads in the bottom of the threads even with adblock? They appeared this afternoon and I can't get rid of them

I just did this and they went away.

see but keep up to date because the script injection can change requiring updating your filters and anti-cancer script.
See my post at TL/DR: install uBlock Origin, TamperMonkey and uMatrix (optional but shows what's happening), then add script from , re-update 4chanX and refresh pages)

I'm an idiot, but even I know you should be using something more robust than adblock at this point in general. With ublock you can literally block every connection that concerns you.

I am a dumbass,user. I've been using computers my entire life and still don't know shit. I'm techno illiterate or something.

I have no idea if it'll work (or even it really did) for anyone else, but I unistalled uBlock and re-installed the latest version and they're no longer at the bottom. I tested a few other boards I never use and I don't see them either.

yes, this will prevent you posting, so you need to temporarily disable uMatric, post, then re-enable uMatrix. But its' safer than letting third party domains inject whatever javascript they like into your webpage)

What I never used Bitcoins in my life?

I'm too dumb for this. Just going to block them at the hosts file level and fuck off.

Does this affect a work- time phone poster like myself?

basically this shit is malware so you want to block your computer from loading it

If I just have ublock and put in that script, will I be fine?
I don't have 4chanx, TM, or UM.

>You just click until the squares turn green as in the OP's image

Trying to emulate the OPs image just wrecks the site for me.

What about when I'm posting from my phone browser? I haven't noticed anything odd on that yet.

>mfw I use a toaster so Sup Forums kept crashing recently
>Thought it was sneaky ISP's
>Actually Hiro

He's not stealing your bitcoins, he's using your computer to make them.

The script goes in TamperMonkey, the filter rules go in uBlock Origin, both are necessary.

Got it.
I mean I still don't really get it but enough to know that I'm upset.

Not sure if phones are vulnerable but it's background processes, you're not going to notice anything until your machine is wrecked by it. That's just how this shit works senpai.

>>mfw I use a toaster...
what?

if I just have ad-block and noscript blocking the mining scripts am I still okay or have/can they get past that

test

Just downloaded uBlock and they disappeared in all the tabs I had open. Fucking Mootwo

Thanks user. Hope we make it through this .

>I had those blocked already on noscript, should I be fine?
Yes
>Do I even need noscript anymore if I have ublock and turn on advanced user mode? I never figured that out but I assumed the XSS protection makes it worthwhile.

uBlock doesn't really do the same thing as noscript but you can block scripts with ublock. Last I heard that the inline scriot tag blocking didn't work in chrome due to some chrome fuckery github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Inline-script-tag-filtering no support for inline script blocking in uBlock in chromium, works in firefox. Noscript has largely been superseded by uMatrix. uMatrix is easy to use and easy to write rules for. uMatrix can control xhr, cookies, scripts, css, media, frame, other -- not just scripts. At least in my day noscript only worked on scripts and it wasn't as easy to use as noscript.

What is XSS. If you have a trusted site called example.com and it has a flaw that allows random.com to execute scripts inside it then that's an XSS attack. uMatrix should pre-emptively catch random.com trying to act as example.com. Whether or not uBlock catches random.com acting as example.com depends on how you have configured the adblocker, if your lists and configurations have identified it as suspicious it will be caught, but most of the time uBlock is not super paranoid.
Any. uBlock Origin is the result of someone selling out so people will argue uBlock is better, but you can also use origin if you don't care too much. Just don't use ABP.
If you have added the line of the script to your filters you do not need to worry. To check whether or not it is working, you can open task manager and see how much your CPU is being taxed, if usage is normal then you should be fine. Investigate further if your computer is making noises like a dying horse.
OP is blocking CSS, which you will need to enable (as CSS is responsible for style)

Any good tools for Android Chrome?

phoneposters are actually have the easiest time of safely browsing, just use clover and you're good, to my knowledge.

>don't have 4chanx, TM, or UM
You are on the internet with no protection? Not even No Script (which is hard to use but better than nothing). You need to protect yourself from malware regardless of ads, TM and uBlock Origin will at least help (but without 4chanx some of Sup Forums functionality will be broken)

I don't understand.... how the fuck is this happening exactly? I wasn't even aware this is possible. this is affecting everyone who logs into Sup Forums?
wait so..... ram, creats bitcoins? you can make virtual currency from ram? this shit makes zero sense, lol.

Mining cryptocurrencies is resource heavy, so Hiro is making your electricity bills raise and overworking your pc

>uBlock doesn't really do the same thing as noscript but you can block scripts with ublock. Last I heard that the inline scriot tag blocking didn't work in chrome due to some chrome fuckery github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Inline-script-tag-filtering no support for inline script blocking in uBlock in chromium, works in firefox. Noscript has largely been superseded by uMatrix. uMatrix is easy to use and easy to write rules for. uMatrix can control xhr, cookies, scripts, css, media, frame, other -- not just scripts. At least in my day noscript only worked on scripts and it wasn't as easy to use as noscript.

>What is XSS. If you have a trusted site called example.com and it has a flaw that allows random.com to execute scripts inside it then that's an XSS attack. uMatrix should pre-emptively catch random.com trying to act as example.com. Whether or not uBlock catches random.com acting as example.com depends on how you have configured the adblocker, if your lists and configurations have identified it as suspicious it will be caught, but most of the time uBlock is not super paranoid.

Ty, guess I'll keep both just to be safe and consider umatrix going forward.

This is probably the shadiest place I go anyway so it's not a huge concern.

What about mobile chrome?

What am I supposed to block with Uscript to stop this?

Is Sup Forums one of the affected boards? I was on desktop co earlier today but since I've been using Clover.

Tell me fast cause this is all blatantly non-co and captain hotpockets is gonna delete any second.

This has super fucked up my browser putting this stuff on.

yes, I had noscript popup telling me there were scripts on the page when I loaded Sup Forums

>this shit makes zero sense, lol.
Welcome to the world of cryptocurrency.

just for you I dropped my Anti Cancer shield ()the script you must add to TamperMonkey to avoid this crap) and reloaded Sup Forums and yes it is still affected. Just install uMatri and let it show you the third party domains you are exposed to: you only want 1st party Sup Forums, and google (for the captcha) nothing else, and certainly not dodgy ukrainian/russian who knows what.

I just installed nocript and it wasn't even letting me load Sup Forums. told me I had to enable Javascript.

Clover sucks ass. Can I just use a mobile browser?

>amgload and piquiproxy

Blocking any of that stuff seems to fuck over Sup Forums.

That's how it works, blocks everything by default and then you slowly allow the scripts that are safe. Only takes a couple of days to get your regular sites working.

Shit, is it only a powerhog when I have Sup Forums loaded or did it install some fucky shit onto my computer? Will clearing my Firefox cache help?

Add
0.0.0.0 piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 smcheck.org
0.0.0.0 amgload.net
(Might break CSS aka styles)
To your hosts file on android or use whatever adblocker or get into DNS blocking. Clover should not be affected by the mining/attempt to figure out your identity on your device but don't ask me I only use an android emulator on my computer.

If that doesn't work, try adding all the subdomain stuff like
0.0.0.0 kz6d.pigiuproxy.com
and so on and you can also try 127.0.0.1 instead of 0.0.0.0 if 0.0.0.0 doesn't work.

If you are techy you can use a web debugger like Fiddler to see whether your phone is making requests to those sites thus ensuring that nothing weird is happening. Fiddler also works on computers.

Yeah, uMatrix is taking over as the go to. I highly recommend just uMatrix + uBlock

Yeah they just run a program on your computer that uses mostly your CPU but also potentially your GPU to run a pretty pointless series of calculations resulting in money that other people think are valuable and so it has value.

Just click the adglare.net and engine.adglare.net a few times until it turns red because you are still allowing css and images from that site to come through. What can css and images do if the site is loaded, not a lot but it can log enough things about your browser to make most people uncomfortable (like your IP address aka where you live, your address, where you live etc)

Try the Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode) or wait for this to get pushed github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/commit/43eb4648ba1126a58c933177da00154d469536dd

slang for an outdated computer with bad/mediocre hardware. It runs slow

which scripts are safe? just the ones that allow the site to load? simply clicking 'safe' for the ones that do that should block out all the bad shit?

>Yeah they just run a program on your computer that uses mostly your CPU but also potentially your GPU to run a pretty pointless series of calculations resulting in money that other people think are valuable and so it has value.

So what could this do to my mobile device and how can I tell?

>tfw phone posting
>tfw no ads whatsoever and fee of this shit

Filthy phone posting, eh?

I'm not downloading more than one extension to deal with this. So I don't care. Have fun mining a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a penny.

Free*

Eh

Use Overchan

>Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode)

I have no clue what this is or how I would use it.

For Sup Forums I would only allow the direct Sup Forums.org script, 4cdn.org, and the ones necessary for captcha to work (google and gstatic, I believe). For other sites you will have to test and see. Takes some trial and error (allowing them one by one, refreshing, if shit is still broken then you try again) but you'll become familiar with the types of connections you have to allow to make things work.

But like this guy said , umatrix might be better in the long run.

I have a 4k dollaridoo shit box so a little crypto farming isn't gonna do much

Paste into ublock into the big textbox under My filters and hit Apply Changes.

For more info, visit

I just switched to clover, what's so bad about it?

kek

I have Sup Forums-x
what do i do now?

How many bitcoins can i mine a day?

Sup Forums-x should basically eliminate this CPU script because the only shit allowed to run is inside the Javascript Whitelist on the advanced tab.

I don't know, I've never used Clover. Overchan have never failed me so I've never seen the point of changing. I just recommended Overchan to him since he said that Clover sucked ass

>the adglare.net and engine.adglare.net
Yeah that screenshot's from when I was still testing workarounds to this mess, my latest setup has no glare stuff. A few other users on Sup Forums were getting the same.
pic related is my latest uMatrix results, later I'll try to reduce permissions further.
Until they push a single workaround into uBlockOrigin I cannot see any way to do it with just one, you need two: uBlockOrigin and the anti cancer userscript (via TamperMonkey because Greasemonkey's 4.1 still half-broken on Firefox).
pic related shows what I allow so far: