Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/202398146
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Coonskin, most of his movies are trash :3

Probably American Pop.

fritz the cat obviously

None of them

>(You)

Why has no one in modern animation been able to utilize as many styles as Bakshi? His work is extremely diverse yet somehow manages to be instantly recognizable.

effort, obviously

Not sure if it's his best, but I personally love American Pop

No one can get financing and distribution.

>godtier

Wizards.
It's pure, it's clever, and it has the best twist ending and wizard battle ever written.

For it`s weird, weird pacing, I did not vote it the best of him. But holy god, the ending is hilarious. Even more if you remember the Wizard is basically a hippie who just shoots down Hitler Jr.

Gotta love Bakshi 70`s mindset.

I really liked Fire and Ice

The ending to wizards had me in stitches for an hour or so. True kino

Is this real

>tfw Bakshi hates Disney and everything they stand for
>the own all of his movies now

I still cherish Heavy Traffic, but I'm yet to see coonskin, which I heard it was a lot better.

yes. also, unironically coonskin

The only correct answer is "Christmas in Tattertown"

>ctrl+f "Lord of the Rings"
>0 results

I'd say Heavy Traffic is the better of the two. At the very least it'd be easier to convince a friend to get into Bakshi with.
Coonskin is a very noticeable gamble of "either they're gonna stick around and like it or walk out before they even finish the opening song".

Similar to Belladonna of Sadness.

Well, it`s not exactly his movie since, you know, it`s one adaptation.

But if you want to go that way, I would say The Hobbit is even better, working as one stand alone movie. Without mentioning putting Peter Jackson CGI shitfest to shame.

DOWN DOWN TO GOBLIN TOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN

Heavy Traffic

Heavy Traffic and Coonskin are on par with each other. Heavy Traffic was the ground work for Coonskin.

However, Hey Good Lookin' was a lot of fun as well.

If anyone wants to see Ralph Bakshi talk about animation alongside Don Bluth and an animator for Tron check it out.

vimeo.com/202398146

About 23 mins long.

Coonskin is probably the best from a technical/critical standpoint, but American Pop is my favorite.