Why didn't the writers just kill him?

They made Aang look like such a pussy by not wanting to kill the extreme force of evil

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vMTLrURtNKU
youtube.com/watch?v=yFnnNijn_OI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because that was the entire conflict in the end, where they set up personal and overarching conflict in which Aang would both have to fail what's left of his peoples as well as continue a cycle of death and destruction.

It's a cartoon for children

Becuase children’s programming is dictated by pussy ass faggots with no concept of public duty.

>UGH this children's cartoon just isn't edgy and hardcore enough for sophisticated high-iqs like me
wew

I never understood this conflict. It's not like his body count was zero before the finale. He must have killed a lot of fire nation soldiers at battles like the northern water tribe and northern air temple.

1. They couldn't show that.
2. Not Aang's philosophy.

You fucks make me want to watch this awesome show again >:(

Funny how no one points out in-show that keeping him alive could potentially set off a civil war.

>The monks always taught me that all life is sacred. Even the life of the tiniest spider-fly caught in its own web.
>I've always tried to solve my problems by being quick or clever. And I've only had to use violence for necessary defense. And I've certainly never used it to take a life.
youtube.com/watch?v=vMTLrURtNKU
YEAH OK AANG

To be fair, anything with any relation to a wasp is a horror that deserves to be genocided.

Because of Aang's personal philosophy, and it also prevented the implication of the Avatar killing a world leader. It would have stained Zuko's reign and potentially caused a backlash.

Also he did something only the Avatar could do to find a solution to a seemingly impossible problem.

Why didn't Wang Fire just rape Ozai?

Because like it or not he had support. If he was struck down people would be angry with Aang. Without bending he’s useless on all levels and there would be no second Ozai. There is pride in dying in battle. Imprisionment for life with powers taken away in far different.

But it’s not a solution Because he’s still around and none of the Traits that actually made Ozai as threat were dealt with. He didn’t conquer have the world because he could Firebend good, he conquered it by being smart, charismatic, ambitious, and, here’s the most important part, having a bunch of people who shared his vision and would die for him.
> It would have stained Zuko's reign and potentially caused a backlash.
Not really anymore than deposing him already did. If anything it would make it worse becuase not rebel groups have a goal to strive, being liberating Ozai and restoring him to power.

Being stripped Down of all divine powers and status, and forced to live as an impoverished prisoner forever is something probably worse on him.

man it would've been cool if Yangchen brought that up
like she shows him all the time he has taken a life, if even indirectly
and the revelation makes Aang freak out

Yeah. He was directly complicit in zhous unnatural death, and there's no doubt all the boats he sliced in random parts had soldiers who were badly cut or drowned in the icy water

Not to mention all the soldiers he buried in avalanches while climbing up to the air temple. Either they fell off the mountain or suffocated under the snow.

Wasn't he overtaken by a spirit? If so, then
technically it's not Aang who is doing all the damage.
That wasp may have simpy been knocked out. It was really unclear.

It was the spirit that "killed" Zhao, but there's a scene way before this where Aang comes flying into the city saying he's taken out dozens of ships, and we see him taking out the first one.

desu my only issue with Aang not killing ozai was just the airbender on the lion turtle telling him to man up you're the avatar you have to make sacrifices

There's quite a difference between killing someone in mutual combat and executing someone you have the ability to take alive.
It's a fucking wasp, they don't count.

You can see a piece of it break off while it's falling
It's definitely dead

>The monks always taught me that all life is sacred. Even the life of the tiniest spider-fly caught in its own web.

i heard they where gonna but the network said no murder so they rushed the ''lion turtle you now have spirit bending'' thing. no hard choice.
killed the ending if you ask me. rest of the show is stellar.

He had no business being the final boss. Azula should have killed him just before the comet arrived and became the Phoenix queen

Why didn't they just:

>Aang goes avatar state thaks to chiropractor rock
>Aang fights Ozai.
>Ozai sees Aang holding back.
>Ozai thinks the avatar is scared of him.
>Ozai talks about when he was a young prince on tour of the warfront he found a hidden village of Air Nomad survivors.
>Ozai talks about how fun it was to kill them.
>Aang is mad. Gloves are of.
>They fight some more.
>Ozai had enough.
>Ozai tries to run!
>OOPS I sliped!
>neck snaps.
>Ozai is dead, but no witnesess that can testify it was accidental.
> We lear that maaaaaybe there are some AN survivors.
>Also setup people's distrust for the avatar in the future.
>,,Seriously i did'nt kill the firelord!"

>Funny how no one points out in-show that keeping him alive could potentially set off a civil war.

Good thing Zuko was on hand to seize power with the backing of generals loyal to his grandfather. It's more surprising that the Fire Nation didn't get Treaty of Versialles'd

Didn't the sequel comics directly involve Zuko nearly fucking up the entire post-war peace effort because Ozai got inside his head while he was visiting him in prison? That would have been some egg on Aang's face.

His grandfather wanted to kill Zuko to teach Ozai respect. Were you thinking of Iroh?

Hi Scrapper!

S2 Korra

Showed Zhao to be alive in spiritland jail.

He should have escaped and become a villain.

I actually thought it was an interesting and unique twist that Aang won without killing his enemy...

Probably because there was no sequel incoming.

>he thinks fucking wasps count as life
And this is coming from someone who feels bad killing spiders.

Because living a life in a cell with no bending is worse than death.

>Why didn't the writers just kill him?
Becouse he did nothing wrong.

Uhuh, a cartoon where Azula killed Avatar and was saved by Katara. Or that part, where Aang sees skeletons of fire soldiers and Gyatso. Yeah, indeed.

>His grandfather wanted to kill Zuko to teach Ozai respect.
I honestly never understood this, why punish Ozai by killing the child he doesn't care about?
Wouldn't it be better to off Azula instead?

gee, OP, it's not like they made a point in making sure Aang never purposely killed anyone.

I don't mind that Aang didn't want to kill Ozai.
He was 12 years old and raised to respect all life and be a pacifist. Anyone in his shoes would be conflicted.
Yes, he killed other beings before, but he either wasn't in control or the beings were just wasps.
That said, fuck energybending. All of Aang's conflict was meaningless because he got an asspull that let him choose not to choose.

I guess Nick doesn't allow murder?

I mean, in the recent Dreamworks' Trollhunters so far we got 3 villain deaths. Fairly brutal deaths, at that. Not to mention the countless goblins cut in half.

Yes, I know Angor is only MOSTLY dead at this point but it's not like they're going to spare him later. The bitch is gonna die twice.

>be avatar
>have brilliant first two seasons
>spend 90% of third season dicking around with entirely inconsequential stories that go nowhere
>rush a conclusion to almost every narrative thread in four of the worst episodes in the series

Honestly, did the finale get a aingle thing right? Real question.

>Melon Lord
>Suki, Toph and Sokka
>Old Masters aside from Jeong Jeong
>youtube.com/watch?v=yFnnNijn_OI

>implying a hero with a no kill policy is a bad thing

>Implying Capeshit isn’t the gayest shit ever

Azulon probably didn't understand how much of a total scumbag his son was.

This!

We still have the supirior Zhao comic though, so I can live with it.

>Rewatching the Old Masters
>Aang's Fire Nation shoes just disappear from his feet while he's on the Lion Turtle.
How did they let this slip by?