Show is only popular for the gem characters

>show is only popular for the gem characters
>keeps focusing on the shit humans
Whats the point? Doesnt sugar know we fucking hate townie shit? Is she doing this out of spite?

According to some "CN leaker" on this board, they're planning on doing 9 seasons for SU. They're just doing all the townie shit to drag out the plot for the next 4 fucking years.

They literally could drag out the plot by having SOL stuff with the gems, and theyd get better ratings. Whats the point of focusing most of the serious on the boring shit human characters?

>dragging out the plot
>not finishing up a plot and making a new story arc ala DBZ
What the fuck, i thought it was trying to copy anime?

>finishing up a plot and making a new story arc ala DBZ
I hope people like you never get to work in entertainment.

But didn't they say a while ago that they had only planned on three seasons? (back when seasons 2-5 were 2-3)

Please don't tell me they're going to go the way of Adventure Time.

Adventure Time knows how to do good 'filler' though. The Townie episodes in SU are fucking awful.

human drama cost very little to produce.
special effect and cool gem things cost a lot.
thats why many (boring) TV shows are mostly about people standing in one location, talking (about their feelings.)

Why, because i can wrtie plots better then you?
They can still have gem SOL without anything magical happening, user

>Gem SOL
I'd rather have Homeworld stuff going on, but even Gem SOL is a hell of a lot better than boring human shit.

They used to have Gem SOL stuff in Season 1 and it was entertaining on its own.

>Sadie's Song's premier is when the dislike for townie eps started popping up
>The latest eps were being boarded around the time Sadie's Song premiered, and most of the season had already been outlined

Because America needs another shitty cartoon that lasts longer than it should.

Because CN's most popular shows have self contained episodes with out any real over-arching narrative. TTG, Gumball, and now even O.K. KO! are all doing very well while SU lags behind.

The network is pressuring them to adapt and be more like the other shows but they just cant abandon the story so they're stuffing each season to the brim with inconsequential townie bullshit that can really be watched in any order

No one cares about non self contained shows in reruns. That was literally never an issue until CN started bitching about it. Before hand people just inferred what they missed in the plot, and its even easier now as you can look it up. There is no need for self contained townie shit, and even then theres no need to focus on the boring humans when you could make SOL episodes with the gems like in season 1
>The network is pressuring them to adapt and be more like the other shows
Citation needed

Cause the show is called ''Steven Universe''
Not ''The Crystal Gems''

The show is about Steven, and both his human and gem relations.

You must be new here faggot, get back to reedit...fckng nrm! [reeeeeeee]

This
though I do agree that a lot of townie episodes have been lacking (though most of the ones from The Good Lars onward have been consistently good)

Literally nobody likes or cares about steven, and most people want him to stop being the main focus. Plus it seems hes more around townies then the gems. He hardly encountered other people in season 1. Keep it that way and stop making this boring shit and people would like it even more.

The fact that no one cares about those shit characters or even steven for that matter should be a sign to the crew to cut the shit

>>Plus it seems hes more around townies then the gems.

>half human boi
>on the planet of humans
>with a human father
>and human gf
>with human hormones and organs
>not interacting more with the +95% of the conscious population than some animals, 4 midgets and 1 tall girl
Surely steven must be delusional speaking to those monkeys

WRRRRRRONG!

Sugar said it herself that Steven Universe is going to be a slice of life about a boy with some powers in his home who does some cool things on the side

>wanting to spend time with frumpy adults with boring lives and personality's, instead of spending time with colorful aliens full of personality and atleast 90% of which want to fuck you
Yeah, stevens a fucking retard and a cuck

you forgot your stroke post

Forgot to spell check it and accidentally hit post. I deleted it now so its not a problem

>and human gf
I hope not, the fact they havent confirmed steven is dating connie makes me hopeful hell dump her bitch ass and choose a superior waifu, espeically considering connies shit actions in the latest bomb. Also
>le dumb wojak meme
Fuck off Sup Forumstard

>full of personality

>ptsd yandere
>nasty unorganized midget
>literal r9k femanon
>cold bitch
> bitch overly emotional
>2 bitches together that make up a socially awkward wimin
>second ptsd psycho that doesnt want friends or even forgives someone that didnt do shit but follow orders
No taste whatsoever

Literally more funny and enjoyable then the fucking pizza twins or ronaldo

she hates you fucks as much as the rest of us

She knows that Sup Forums hates townies.

You honestly think you matter to her?

>Is she doing this out of spite?
Yes. Fuck all of them.

To be fair, he's spent his whole life around these gems, so they're probably more normal to him than to us.

Shitven doesn't deserve Perfectidot. He can get with a garbage gem like Hamethyst.

>grown men keep getting upset about a children's cartoon for children
>nothing changes and it's been years of seething millenial rage over a cartoon

this

Bump

Well, when it started out great and slowly turned to shit that forgot about my favorite characters to the point they hardly get any appearances anymore.

the latest bomb was boarded way after "sadie's song" premiered, around fall 2016, and the season finished general outlines earlier that year. clearly they didn't do anything in response to the hate for townie eps some fans have, if they could've

They don't need nine seasons considering the way this show airs. A small handful of episodes every few months means that this show took over four years to air roughly two years' worth of episodes.

>REEEEE WHY DOES IT FOCUS ON STEVEN SO MUCH?

Maybe because he's the title fucking character and the whole show is a coming of age story for him?

When hes the most annoying fucking character they need to cut down on him. And there is no excuse for why they cant have more of the episodes of hanging out with gems instead of the dull townies

Why would Rebecca Sugar care what you think? You're meaningless.

>haha nobody cares about viewer feedback

Meanwhile Adventure Time is limping to the finish line and the start of the thread is literally asking what went wrong. Really makes you think

>coming of age story

I'd buy that if he actually came of age. He's barely matured in any way the entire show.

>When hes the most annoying fucking character they need to cut down on him
Not him but unfortunately in this world you have to live with other people's decisions, fucker

Doesnt mean i dont have a right to complain about it, unlike you who shits up and takes ever shit decision in the ass just because “hurr durr its the creators work”. The prequals were the creators work and they were fucking dogshit too, fuck off.

i actually like the townie episode, this show does slice of life way better than whatever the fuck it's trying to be with it's main plot

SOL is okay, i just want it with the gems instead of the fucking dull as shit towns folk. I mean, who REALLY wants to see another episode about ronaldo acting like a sperg, or more onion shitting up everything

Way back in season 1 when a season was still 52 episodes, Sugar said that she wanted to do 5 seasons.
Since then, the seasons have been split into 26 episodes, but season 1 is still 52.
9 seasons actually lines up with the initial desires of the creator, so even if it is dragged out and unnecessary, I think it's honestly pretty likely.

Actually, I'm fine with the decision, just because you have your idea of what the show is doesn't mean we have to hold you opinion at high regard.
Again, live with other people's decisions, you can also stop watching anytime if it so displeases you.

>Actually, I'm fine with the decision, just because you have your idea of what the show is doesn't mean we have to hold you opinion at high regard.
Enjoy watching your mediocore shit that could be alot better and focus on much better characters then poorly written background trash.

Thanks for the sentiment and enjoy the rest of your life not watching the show?

Or are you going to keep watching the show, You know these are inherently bad decisions for yourself user.

yeah I was dumb and tired and off by a year

I skip townie episodes. Its gotten to the point most of the show is unwatchable anymore

The problem is that there is a lot of potential for the humans, but they focus on mundane shit with them.

Like it's a really interesting concept to explore, how humans cope and interact with alien gem stuff in the setting. Not only do they not do this though and mostly keep townie stuff grounded and mundane (boring), but they've made it that humans hardly react to strange, magical gem stuff as though it's nothing more than something distracting and the general response of humanity about alien space rocks basically living next door is "meh". Really only do they react significantly when they're in danger. By contrast, gem feelings towards humans is that they're pestering, harmless and even annoying, regarding them almost as they might a dog. And these are the main characters, so looking through that scope why shouldn't we feel the same about the humans? A boring distraction. It's why it was so neat to see Lars at the homeworld bit, for once a human who isn't following the usual "meh" response and reacting reasonably, as well as going above and beyond to actually do *something*.

It's all in the contrast, is where the intrigue is. It's fun to see gems doing mundane/slice of life things, as it's fun to see humans doing supernatural things. But humans doing mundane/slice of life things, in a show as supernatural as this? Come on now, don't waste our time. That's not to say that it should *only* be this way and of course a core component of the plot is gems doing supernatural things. But the plot shouldn't be afraid or adverse to showing occasionally, how a normal human might react if they also get dragged on a supernatural adventure, or if some sort of supernatural occurance impacts their life. Rather than just "meh" and if something strange does happen even to them, they don't just brush it off and never think of it again.

>people bandwagon for the alien side characters
>get mad when the show continues doing its own shit instead of pandering to the mass
gee, user, it's even called Steven Universe, featuring this little shit, and you expected something better?

The aliens were the main characters. If anything there focusing too much on the unimportant side characters
>gee, user, it's even called Steven Universe
Not an excuse to focus almost exclusively on garbage characters no one likes, or never having an episode not featuring that fat effeminate little shit.

And now we have an entire bomb of Townie bullshit, in which everything about the homeworld arc is left to rot.

This is the real problem. If you look at what are typically people's favorite Townie episodes they're always ones that involve the gems and humans interacting in some meaningful way. Just townie episodes are mediocre at best and terrible at worst.

Then Sugar should make the show a slice of life fully and fuck off with her lackadaisical, halfhearted, wishy-washy attempts at interesting story if she's so clearly not as interested in doing that over stupid, boring shit in Beach City. Either do full townie shit and make it a slice of life, or actually develop the story and world you only started building and make a compelling narrative. Sure, she can try to do both, but it just makes both halves seem half baked and shit.

You're right. The show is called "Steven Universe" not "Beach City: The Most Boring Town in the World."

I dont understand whys shes so interested in the shit towns folk when she used to do SOL stuff with the gems

Yeah, this. I don't mind seeing something where a human is interacting or coping with something gem related in a show about such things. But I sure as shit don't want to see something about a human taking out the trash or baking a cake in a show not about such things.

She probably has plans for the townies later in the series.

When Lars was getting focus, everyone complained but those focus episodes led to him becoming relevant and now people actually like him.

If Sugar hadn't given him focus and he suddenly became relevant,people would whine about asspulls(they still whine about assaults and the set up was there)

Id rather have asspulls then most of the series having focus on shit characters no one likes. And theres no reason it cant be the gems that move along the plot instead of the shit townies, and they dont need most of the focus

I still hate him, and I feel like his entire homeworld part was just asspulls.

And the Lars of the Stars scene is fucking cringe worthy, and it is depressing that people are excited for it.

Pretty sure she actually is at this point. There were plenty of lore teases in the latest bomb that got interrupted by Steven being a fat faggot.

It would be fine if it was townies but every so often something crazy or plot driven happens. Its like floating in a pool and someone cannon balls next to you and he's tied gold to himself. Now you wanna swim down and get the fucker.

But the latest bomb moved a ton of shit around. The entire fucking town is in an uproar, they have a new mayor, the Big Donut is out of employees, Sadie and the Cool Kids are now a band, Lapis has left the planet, Peridot had the blues in Steven's shitter, we saw how tall Pink Diamond was, we have strong evidence that Pearl has never deliberately held back info from Steven but was physically incapable of doing so, we have the mother of all segues into a Stevonnie arc and progress on finding out why Kevin is such a douche nozzle.

I think it's partially this, as well as the bomb format forcing them to cram many plotlines into five or six episodes that they'd likely prefer to stretch out more. That probably leaves them with a lot of room that needs to be filled. Plus, when you look at the art book, it really seems like all but a few townies were sort of made up on the spot weren't meant to be such a huge focus. It seems the crew got attached to certain characters, and Sugar might have seen this as an opportunity to let the boarders have as much freedom as possible with townie episodes since they wouldn't need to worry about working in her plot and could just kind of do whatever.

Still doesn't excuse how bad most townie episodes are. I'd be fine with them if they actually involved magical shenanigans more often, but nowadays they usually don't.

>It seems the crew got attached to certain characters, and Sugar might have seen this as an opportunity to let the boarders have as much freedom as possible with townie episodes since they wouldn't need to worry about working in her plot and could just kind of do whatever.
She needs to reign in her crew and focus on the gems more holy shit

>8 fucking years
ftfy. remember to factor hiatuses

I love the townie shit. They're not gonna suddenly stop focusing on those characters now guys, if they weren't important they wouldn't have spent so much time in season 1 & 2 establishing them. Only shitty fucking anime gradually phase out supporting cast, stop projecting your wee/a/bitch sensibilities.

>I love the townie shit.
How does it feel to have horrid shit taste?
>They're not gonna suddenly stop focusing on those characters now guys, they will because people hate them and want more of the gems
>if they weren't important they wouldn't have spent so much time in season 1 & 2 establishing them.
They only started focusing on them in kater seasons, their literal filler and nothing more.
>They Only shitty fucking anime gradually phase out supporting cast, stop projecting your wee/a/bitch sensibilities.
What do you think this show is cooying? If anything that trope would improve the series more then anything

Bump

>WRRRRRRONG!
Holy shit this really is Sup Forumsmblr