/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

It ain't over till the fat lady sings Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Collector's Edition (Tue 19)
Star Wars Insider #178 (Tue 19)
Doctor Aphra #15 (Wed 20)
Poe Dameron #22 (Wed 20)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

I enjoyed the Last Jedi both times I saw it.

Was anyone else pissed as fuck over how 80% of the problems that arose from this new movie has the moral "FOLLOW FUCKING INSTRUCTIONS". Including when the first 20 minutes was leah telling po that lesson to only disregard it and still fuck up.

O-oh my

How to fix the ST:
>in TFA have Kylo tell Rey about how ineffective the New Republic was at helping worlds because their fear of becoming the Empire led to a drastic reduction in the size of the government and it's abilities to help people
>keep the lines Kylo has during his scene with Lor San Tekka where he says he doesn't want to harm the villagers but feels he must because Tekka blurts out too much information on his past
>give Finn and TR-8R some lines that show that they both want to help the galaxy but TR-8R is misguided and doesn't realize how evil the First Order is
>remove Starkiller Base
>make Poe help Finn and Han save Rey from Kylo
>in TLJ replace Rose with one of Finn's stormtrooper friends who he convinces to defect
>have the stormtrooper friend's arc be based around him realizing both sides are shitty and good in different ways and that in war good and evil are complicated issues
>remove Canto Bight, just make it where Finn's stormtrooper friend is getting together a plan to sneak onto the Supremacy using info he knows
>have Finn and the stormtrooper still get captured when it's revealed that Phasma knew of the friend's defection all along and allowed it to happen to get more info on the Resistance and capture Finn
>emphasize that divisiveness and war in the galaxy are destroying everything
>have Kylo try to convince Rey to join him to burn the galaxy down so it can start anew because he foresees an endless cycle of war between Separatists/Republic, Rebels/Empire, and the Resistance/First Order
>have Rey agree with his realization but disagree with his solution. Rey still believes that hope and doing the right thing will ultimately lead to the peace and stability the galaxy needs
>end the movie with Rey hearing Luke's voice as he calls her to visit an ancient temple and her accepting that instead of fighting with the Resistance she must continue her training so the Jedi can help rebuild the galaxy after the war is finished

>They are gone forever and you will never save them

I want to be free of this pain.

>Anakin. Though you've never had the official Trials, this war has tested you more than the Trials could. Save one. Master Yoda foresaw this. The Force has guided us here for your final Trial. The one you have never truly faced.
>Master. I haven't always been a patient student. But I have proven myself. I am a Jedi Knight. I won't fail you.
>No, Anakin. Don't fail yourself.
I love this shit.

>plenty of curves
>has a vagina on her head

FERTILE MADE FOR BREEDING WAIFU

Anyone got the visual diary or whatever its called for The Last Jedi?

Filoni tried to teach you not to get attached to waifus. Your pain is entirely your own doing.

Why did Luke leave behind a cryptic fragmented map if he didn't want to be found while sulking on the island?

Yeah too bad this big ideal that the jedi order had of "Only you can resist the dark side in the end and not fall under their influence. We can guide you but in the end it is on you to resist." was totally lost on fucking luke when he had two of the best masters train him in the ways of the force and knew this ideal well. Somehow he magically was lost on this concept and I don't get this bullshit concept.

why didn't hera just hyperspace crash into the blockade over lothal?

she already did something similar to it proving she's willing to die for her cause

a-wing pilots never live long.

Live fast, die fast

>but muh star wars rebels is better!!!

-sonic the hedgehog

>that cute smile Tallie makes right before getting blown up
If I was supposed to be gutted by the hangar being destroyed, they did a bang up job of it.

Why do you keep asking this over and over again even though it's been explained that he didn't mind being found at first but over the years grew into bitterness.

But he did resist.

Why did they kill the cute sister and leave us the fat sister?

Why was the rebel squad leader a 13 year old girl?

the first one to quote this with the correct answer gets a big surprise

who said

SHE'S GONNA BLOW

>ywn pull her aside in the hallway as she runs to her ship, spilling spaghetti everywhere as you try to confess your feelings, stalling her from getting to the hangar and inadvertently saving her life from the explosions

master race

Johnson is a fucking hack is the most likely answer. JJ is one as well but at least he left the possibility open that Luke went to that island to learn how to defeat Snoke or learn some new mystery of the force or some shit.

fat asian ass > hungry flying skeletal

I posted this on the other thread but it got archived, can anyone recommend me the best novels and comics please? the absolute must reads in your opinion

Me when first meeting Ahsoka

Grizz Frix?

So the talk of Legends EU in the last thread has me wanting to check out New Jedi Order. Anyone got a list of must-read things before NJO, or is it pretty self-contained? I've already got the Thrawn stuff and X-Wing written down.

correct
wrong

that's your big surprise

Paige WHY

is she aphra's daughter

Because fuck you. I mean why the fuck did the republic have 90% of this map in the first place. It makes no sense and it's just bullshit that no casual audience member questions. They are there to laugh at those bug eyed porgi abortions and enjoy a ride full of holes that they don't care about because they already got their loyalty money for next movie. It's plot grease that they hamfisted into the script because they had no other way to "find" him that doesn't lead back to "why didn't they just use this tech in the first place."

How does someone who doesn't even know what the fuck the force is outside of one conversation with han solo have the ability to force suggest someone, a power they didn't even know existed and most padawans can't even master until they are full mastered jedi adults.

>ywn be Poe Dameron, having casual flings with Jessika Pava, Paige Tico, and Tallie Lintra

poe is pure delete this

Oh he resisted, but apparently having one of his students fall to the dark side and convert others is a lost concept on him and he blames himself and screeches that it's the jedi order's fault for all of this like a fucking retard.

>JJ is one as well but at least he left the possibility open that Luke went to that island to learn how to defeat Snoke or learn some new mystery of the force or some shit.
Not really. In TFA Han says this:
>He was training a new generation of Jedi. One boy, an apprentice, turned against him and destroyed it all. Luke felt responsible. He just...walked away from everything.
That already implies he just got depressed and went to go sulk.

Don't make me feel this, user

EU:
>Tales of the Jedi
>Thrawn Trilogy
>Knights of the Old Republic comic
>Darth Plagueis
>Shadows of the Empire

Canon:
>Bloodline
>Thrawn
>Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith (this is the current run, not the one that's titled ONLY Darth Vader)
>Catalyst
>C-3PO: The Phantom Limb

He's fucked half the female Resistance, including staff officers and Leia.

He a ho.

>Jessika Pava, Paige Tico
he like he's asian

>and then going home and cracking open a cold one with your best bud BB8

The BB8 belly rub was my favorite part of the movie

Don't get attached to fighter pilots and get even less attached to bomber crew. Nevermind fucking bombardiers or gunners

If he didn't mind being found why didn't he just tell people he was gonna have some alone time and leave them a full map rather than one in pieces?

POE IS FOR FINN

We all know he was plugging Snap's fat ass with his proton torpedo. He only introduced himself to Rey because he wants to know who does her hair.

Poe a fag, you must accept this

Agreed with the exception of Twilight Company. I couldn't ever get into it, but most do seem to like it.

>tfw Finn returns and Poe is just instantly WHERE'S MY DROID

BATTERING LASER

and he's got his sights locked on Rey now

BUT NO DYEMEGE

Novels:
Bloodlines - Leia and pre-TFA setting
Star Wars - Catalyst - Ties into RO exceptionally well
Thrawn - Good book with sequel coming out in May I think.
Lost Stars - YA novel but still a good book imo. Covers OT era to the Battle of Jakku (a few months after ROTJ0
Lords of the Sith - Vader and Sidious doing their thing.

Comics:
Star Wars (2015-) - generally decent but def not consistent
Lando (2015)
Both Darth Vader series

There's some other pretty good stuff but this is a decent short list.

Other guy said this:

She's gonna forget all about Kylo Ren once he's done with her

His dick's so good girls agree to go on suicidal missions for him.

>Filoni's waifu is the only one that gets to live
This is outrageous! IT'S UNFAIR!

Take a seat, user

imagine the fat goblin that hits this mark.

>Hi I'm Poe.
>I'm Rey.
>I know.
>...
>cut to Poe buttfucking Rey right in the pussy

MINIATURISED DEATH STAR TECH!
lets use it to open a door instead of just vaporizing whats left of the resistance

except it happneed to HIM. Luke Skywalker, the literal return of the Jedi, Savior of Anakin Skywalker, who triumphed over the Death Star and the Emperor. it happened to a LEGEND. and to him it felt like that meant that the galaxy didnt want the Jedi. and im sure that years of loneliness and bitterness and ruminating on that didnt help either.
that part of what Yoda was telling him about, that yes it was a tragedy what happened but to let it defeat him so was the wrong move. he was too caught up in the now and not willing to move forward.

We need a Virgin Kylo / Chad Poe image.

>she will never put her hair down when she sees you, trying to subtly get your attention, but you're too much of a sperg to realize

>Finn end game is having to choose Rose, Rey or Poe

they should have called it a kyber cannon

fuck you that so dumb and made me laugh really hard

>he chooses all of them
>Episode 9 ends in a polygamist wedding
>a now redeemed Ben cries that he's always a bridesmaid and never a bride

>implying Rey doesn't want that hotshot pilot dick

user stop

She has Chewie now, once you go Kashyyyk, that's all you seek!

Where during TLJ?

Chewie is old enough to be her great grandpa.

Gee, when I'm fucking taught that it's my personal duty to resist the dark side and it's nothing that my master can do to influence a personal choice. I should probably use fucking logic that when my newphew gives himself over to the dark side that it's not my fault since I can't fight the dark side for him and that the only fuck up he did was not murdering ben in his bed.

When you personally experience the battle of what it is like to resist the darkside including when dealing with fucking vader and him being your father and the whole trope of "You can be just like your dad." You should pretty much master the understanding of that it isn't your fault when your students turn. Fuck even yoda's own padawan doku turned. The greatest jedi on the council's own padawan can turn. If he cannot piece this shit together, he's the dumbest motherfucker alive and I refuse to belive the dude who can overcome vader and aid in the anhiliation of the sith's machinations is that god damn stupid.

The rest of the resistance is behind that door you dumbfuck.

you know despite the joke, Poe is a ace pilot, Rose is an mechanic, and Rey is a survivalist scrapper turned Jedi.
Finn's a Janitor.
Finn's great but career wise he's not really a catch is he

Well she has exhibited a tendency to gravitate towards older men...

>she will never take you for a joyride on her A-Wing

STOP

>uck even yoda's own padawan doku turned. The greatest jedi on the council's own padawan can turn. If he cannot piece this shit together, he's the dumbest motherfucker alive

maybe the fact this same shit happened to every other fucking master jedi made him realize this jedi thing is dumb.

>ywn have mock dogfights

Despite all of his talk about ending the Jedi, Luke actually hesitated and stopped himself from burning the Jedi texts. Deep down he know this wasn't the right path but his own grief was blinding him to it. It took Yoda to shake him out of that. Yoda believed that neither Luke nor the Jedi needed to be slaves to the past.

Did Rian murder such a beautiful creature in his film to try and teach us a lesson of some kind? What kind of vile man would do that?

would you fuck one?

>tfw friend got angry at that scene because "it was about old traditions being bad"

Son, I've fucked six of them since Friday.

A lot of people seem to miss the point, or worse somehow assume that Kylo's "kill the past" viewpoint is in any way presented as the correct one.

I was more pissed that it was being preached as a lesson in the first place; Poe did nothing wrong.

All of this. It's so fucking easy to think of something more faithful to Star Wars than Disney's shit.

>Teaching people how to properly do something knowing people will use it for negative effects means we should just stop teaching it, annihilate all teachings we had for a system and let everyone wing it.

There cannot be a dark side without light and vice versa. Snoke understood this basic fact. When one side rises in power, the other does too. There has to be balance to the force, and there's one dick out there, there's a good person who wants to do the right thing. There's always going to be force sensative people, and they are going to band together to fight against the dickbags who rise up and threaten every thing. To end the jedi order is to destroy the force at the core and end this cycle of light and dark side of the force. The jedi order will take up a new name for the same purpose with modified rules just like the sith will too. The only difference now is that they don't have texts from aeons past explaining everything that is going on with them and they make up shit as they go.

They don't need to be slaves to the past, but the past helps explain the future. You know what happens when you aren't a slave to the past or at least respect history? It fucking repeats itself, and hoo boy here we are at the end of episode 8 ramping up for yet another rebels versus "not empire" who are championed by a powerful force sensitive user from opposite sides of the spectrum. Yoda did that to call luke a fucking idiot and those docs weren't important.

it wasn't just Ben turning though, hell he said himself he was keeping an eye on it and was aware of his connection with Snoke. He was even about to relelnt and try give Ben the benefit of the dout before it was too late. but Ben killed every one who didnt follow him and destoryed the school.
at least when Dooku turned Yoda still had the whole of the Jedi order at his back, and on top of that Dooku had left the order years prior after Qui Gons death. hell when Vader destroyed the order and the republic both Obi Wan and Yoda had Luke and Leia to look forward to to restore balance. Hell FaCPoV even says Yoda was gleefully looking forward to teaching Leia the ways of the force. but when Ben fell he took everything from Luke and there was no Sith conspiracy to blame, no hopeful potential Jedi in the wings, just his own perceived failure at the root of it all.
and you know im not even saying you have to like that plot thread, but it does make sense

War is hell.

Why couldn't they just get Filoni to write, or at least co-write the ST? Why? The man apprenticed under George Lucas ffs.

No, but I'd eat one. Spicy Porg Wings.

Except get half of the rebellion force murdered by doing things behind peoples' back with a fat asain chick and finn because they fucked up and couldn't do their own job and get the RIGHT MAN for the fucking job they needed.

It really just hit me that Luke, Han and Leia accomplished absolutely nothing in the 30 years from the end Jedi to TLJ. In fact the galaxy would literally have been better off if all three of them had died.
>Luke failed to rebuild the Jedi Order
>Almost assassinated his nephew/student
>Ran away everyone and hid while student helped to kill countless numbers
>Han abandoned his family
>Returned to how he was pre-ANH
>Killed by son who is still evil
>Leia never became a Jedi
>Couldn't stop the rise of the FO
>Son became evil and killed Han
>Rebellion is now so small it can fit into the Falcon
Disney completely ruined their entire legacy just so they could build up THEIR new generation.

I think I'm in fucking shock or something. I just can't believe it, they completely destroyed everything they did in the OT.

Well to be fair he was also just angry about the diversity and gender memes so he probably saw that in it.

Psst. Rey took the texts.
Even if you didn't notice it in the movie the point has been repeated endlessly her for the last three days.

i though it was cool
also i dont think it literally means we made the Death Star laser smaller, it means we took the technology behind it and made it smaller both in power and in scale. hence why its a battering ram and not a vaporizer

>3 people overthrew space hitler and set up 30 years of peace in an entire galaxy
I'd say they did alright.