Obama fast-tracks TPP before Trump is in office ACT NOW

I was confused as to the shitty byzantine phrasing adopted by the site in my absence, so mods aren't doing shit. What I actually DO know is as follows:

Obama is trying to fast-track the TPP before Trump gets into office. And we're the only ones who can stop it. But now is not the time for alarm. There ARE some things you can do to stop it once and for all.

1: Follow the instructions in pic related. Persuade them that locking ourselves into something so potentially dangerous with such haste is perilous, if you must.
2: Spread this info and get more people involved. Just one phone call can change history, so shoot for ten.
3: Bump this thread to the front page.

I'm going to start this thread as many times as it takes to raise awareness and action.

Other urls found in this thread:

economixcomix.com/home/tpp/
observer.com/2016/11/top-trump-backing-senator-declares-the-trans-pacific-partnership-dead/
abc.net.au/news/2016-11-09/tpp:-trade-pact-dead,-buried,-cremated-amid-trump-presidency/8010736
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When I didn't see these threads in the archive, I did indeed assume mods were deleting them.

Whoops.

What is TPP

fucking assholes

It astounds me how little this Sup Forums studies politics.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership was a trade agreement discussed behind closed doors in 2015, and is basically a combination of SOPA and NAFTA. Short version is it allows the government to find greater ease outsourcing jobs, and nips the average worker in the ass in so many ways I even forget half.

Any source for this?

How to stop nigger?

Aside from Sup Forums flipping out about the fast-tracking earlier, I'm sure you can find one with relative ease. I'm not working with all the resources I need to prove this in it's entirety. I just want to raise awareness.

Read OP pls

economixcomix.com/home/tpp/

Thank you very much. Always nice to see an informed fellow.

Everyone who doesn't know what TPP is, all in. This shit was happening in 2014/15.

bump

In other words there is no source.

See Why do you even need a source in fucking 2016, have you been in the dark for that long? Go to hatepol.

bump

thanks about this user, I'll be sure to contact my rep soon

Do not allow the neocon piggu to fuck with your internets, people
More bumps are always welcome

How would the TPP affect my 3rd world country?
I mean, I get it from US point of view
but it's kinda difficult setting it here

t. user that doesn't really knows much about this

Chile is a TPP country :DDDDD

bump

Oh
OH
shit

TPA was signed in fucking February, dumb shit.

Gotta appeal to the lame ducks to not sell their soul to vote for TPP.

Clinton will use the rest of that campaign money to buy out the lame ducks.

Bumping. I've sent this to everyone I know.

This is our Battle of Athens lads

Hillary lost
Trump beat a rigged system
Hillary concedes quickly
Trump - obama - Hillary all ask us to come together
Soros releases army and burns 7-10 major cities tonight
???
Profit

Will we see those white UN military vehicles on the streets?

All news channels blaming this on trump rn

>Dipshit
It's already on it's way to becoming active, if Obama passes this fast-track law it becomes unstoppable. They're two separate entities. YOU'RE the dipshit.

Because this is politically undoable now. It could not be passed a month or so ago, so it is not going to be passed now.

Be forceful, but overly loud and abrasive. Just make it clear they will be yanked out of their position if they go against the wishes of the people, and that they better not sell us out!

The ??? Is where they secretly push thru TPP while we are all sad about our cities burning

I'm not entirely sure that's a good idea. Try that only if reasonable negotiation does not work.

Fuck

THis is bad guys
This shit must not pass
If this thing gets into action...... enterprises can backtrack everything we do on internet and sue us
Imagine getting a job with your Sup Forums shitposting history.. not gonna happen
This is fucking bad we need to trend this up FAST

Is this a ruse?

..But all those things in the image exist currently, is that the joke in the image?

>Persuade them
So it's not just a vote or something, I have to argue with a politician?

I don't think I'm cut out for braining harder than the shiny ballot buttons.

observer.com/2016/11/top-trump-backing-senator-declares-the-trans-pacific-partnership-dead/
abc.net.au/news/2016-11-09/tpp:-trade-pact-dead,-buried,-cremated-amid-trump-presidency/8010736
Our group generally agreed that after Obama has started scrambling to pass it before January, these senators declaring their opposition beforehand might be too late.

[citation needed]
ISPs can only send you a letter that you can ignore lmao

>ISPs can only send you a letter that you can ignore lmao
They can shut off your service depending on their policy. Some have as little as 3 strikes.
How is that not kicking your family off the internet?

Kek has blessed this post. Also, fuck you for stealing the get from memetic warfare.

learn to google.

Fast track takes away the Congressional right to amend a trade deal, but requires their full approval before signing it into law.

Fast Trade (or TPA) was signed in February 2016 after Congress passed it in 2015.

Now Obama will put a 5000 page document with a name completely different from TPP in front of Congress, to which the Reps that got bought out will vote yes.

You need to remind lame ducks that we will not accept selling this country down the river as their final act as an elected official.

Ive already called and emailed my soon to be former Dem congressman dozens of times about this.

Cant wait for the black Rep we voted in to get shit done.

You don't have to ARGUE with a politician, silly. They're a representative. Their job is to listen to you, their citizen, and offer consideration. No argument involved, although he might ask you a couple questions. Just check out some of the images and arguments posted in this very thread as resources.

At least they're not forced to.

>Implying I didn't do at least a little research
Can you go into greater detail about why you take me for a fool?

bump for the safety of our internet

Other things you can do is write strongly worded yet polite letters that basically say if you vote for TPP don't expect to get re-elected, with letters and phone calls piling up it will make an difference.

The image doesn't say they are forced to though.
I'm not saying it wouldn't be worse, I'm just saying the image isn't particularly effective considering the majority of what it says is already applicable in current application and law.

I mean " and generally expire 70 years after the author's death." is current US copyright law.
Our computers can also be seized and we can be jailed (first-time offenders can serve up to five years in prison fines up to $250,000)

* it doesn't say they are forced to remove your internet service
It does say they are forced to act as internet cops, which ISP's are already currently legally bound to do by sending you notices on claims.

But they've been doing that since before this even passed, right?

I would assume as much.
Advertising got highly intuitive quickly.Technological singularity soon.

EXISTENTIAL MEMETIC WARFARE

>But they've been doing that since before this even passed, right?
Right, those aren't new penalties I mentioned
Which is why I don't understand your image showing it as life under TPP.
Am I missing the point?

Bump

>calling a representative whose neck-deep in corruption will change anything

That notwithstanding, there's still a lot more for reference in here... I'm pretty sure 70 years is a fucking longshot, and that the fine is increased.

And what is to stop the Emperor from ripping this up his first day in office?

>and that the fine is increased.
Which makes it even weirder that the image mentions 10k for transferring a dvd under TPP.
Why didn't they go full hog and claim the topend of 250k for it?

Read If THIS law passes, both it and TPP are locked in. Forever.

In all fairness most people who publish and allow access to information do so on some sort of bias point of view. Even local libraries won't give people access to specific information especially over the Internet.

Fictional stories can be hard to come by because they were "banned" or some stupid shit let alone some cook books or some intriguing reading material outside of glaciers and boiled rat asshole.

bump

This is kind of perfect timing, trump supporters wouldn't pay attention due to celebration and riots and neither will liberals because of trumps election

Impeach this fucking son of a bitch. He should be charged for treason.

MAKE THE CALLS BABY.

There's no way that can be constitutional. What the fuck.

>Will we see those white UN military vehicles on the streets?

In America?

NO FUCKING WAY
O

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

W
A
Y

bump
dont get distracted

bump

Explain that to me, please?

What law is being passed that can lock in TPP forever and why/how is that possible?

We need to get this to Reddit.

The TPP forces other countries into your nonsense. There has never been a successful action against anyone for piracy in australia; the TPP would attempt to implement your scheme.

Furthermore it has the usual shit like increased copyright terms to bring them in line with the US, increased patent terms that will increase the cost of medical treatment, and last but not least investor-state arbitration. Which basically means that as with NAFTA if a company can claim that it's profits will be damaged by any laws the country passes. In effect it gives corporations the ability to overrule local laws by appealing to an external tribunal.

Under NAFTA this tribunal has found in favour of the corporations in more than 90% of cases.

The TPP also bans countries from creating any more public services and restricts the growth of existing public services along with attempting to begin sketching out terms for the privatisation of these services. It's designed to sell out everything and anything to corporate interests at discount prices.

BUMP

A fast track law. I don't know how it's possible, but I know we were talking about it in 2015.

if you say so, pic related

10/10, thank you. Saved.

Hey lads can't Trump call some foreign leader up and tell them to block it? I'm sure they'll be lining up to get on his good side.

bump

Take a bump patriot

Whatever King Nigger tries to do, I believe Trump will be able to fix it.

I no longer have any ability to doubt his power to do anything

some one gimme pasta for leddit

These words, they touch my heart.

>Pasta for leddit
Are you SURE you can't do this any other way?

don't feel like typing, being a patriot is wearing off, need another shot of god emperor