Why is Bruce Wayne such a great character?

Why is Bruce Wayne such a great character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b_WRDZaydrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p_Z-KlbYpgo
youtube.com/watch?v=uAxjVnsAVZE
serialwordsmith.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-big-o-showtime-we-have-come-to-terms.html
youtu.be/5aJIby5NJ48
youtu.be/XH2KdaPpeZg
youtube.com/watch?v=52BcC9Qzl-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=h7VQc7uUA6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chicks dig giant robots

And He digs the small ones ... and tomatoes

Is this universe Alfred more proactive than the usual ones?

CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD

> Bruce/ Batman is Roger Smith
>Superman is Goku/ maybe Jonathan Joestar or All Might

Who are the anime counterparts for the fest of the Justice League?

A world where Roger ends up with Angel is a world I want no part in. Unfortunately, that's the direction their relationship seemed to be going instead of him ending up with Dorothy.

>the fest of the Justice League
Sounds like fun. I hope they serve cake.

>tfw that scene where they ask if she was human if they would have fallen in love

Twisted my heart gave me the resolve to love robo girls unconditionally

Is there any series with *all* of its OST be this criminally good?
youtube.com/watch?v=b_WRDZaydrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p_Z-KlbYpgo

The lyrics of ending song is about them pretty much
youtube.com/watch?v=uAxjVnsAVZE

Great waifu, great rogues

Man the series had lots of waifus potential to go futher and longer if they didnt got fucked by trying to compete with Evangelion when they were being broadcasted and when Cartoon Network footed the second season shit just got.... tomatoes

Was this Hush before Hush?

There's no denying that the second season went bonkers. Took me a long time to make any sense of it. In the end the Gnosticism parallel theory makes the most sense to me.

I'd say All Might for the Superman parallel, he's got the whole "symbol of peace" thing going on. Cyborg 009 for Flash maybe?

Tell me about it. I have my own version of what actually happens in the end, but I love hearing other theories.

Real question, which other Series/movies does try to dwelve into the how singularity-like scenario but the ones where instead of humanity get wipe out by Android/Robots we are fucking them and actually keeping "humanity" alive because you are living in some sort of post-apocalyptic shithole
Real Spoilers so beware: The Evanescence anime Ergo Proxy deals with some of this topic and is as well a whole mindfuck that you need to rewatch like 2-3 times for shit that you missed that was plot related

Fucking Tomatoes

serialwordsmith.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-big-o-showtime-we-have-come-to-terms.html

Basically, Angel is a director god caught in her own creation and everytime she remembers who she really is but the characters don't realize they exist on a stage she resets Paradigm. It's not a perfect theory themeatically but I feel it's one that explains Angel's role better than most. What's your theory?

I'm not sure what you're asking for except post-apocalypse robot fuckers. Blade Runner 2049 is one that comes to mind.

Why does he look like he wants to shout at my arguments in court?

He's really not.

That guy though, is pretty great.

In my theory Angel is either director or producer of a show. Then shit gets metaphorical. Execs decide to cancel show, but actor who plays Roger is strongly against it and tries to persuade Angel. Scene where Big Venus erases everything is Angel cancelling the show, but in the end Roger convinces her to continue. And final scene with Roger driving through Paradigm City is show being prolonged for a new season.

More like The Question

Already a better character than Cyborg

All Might is blatantly Captain Marvel/Shazam if Billy was a weak adult instead of a kid.

One of the requirements for getting season 2 was they would explain the mystery. The problem arose because the creators never had an answer in mind, they had created the world and story from elements they though would make a neat mysterious setting for an anthology style series.

he seems Phoenix Wright

yes

See, this kind of thing seems okay in Japan I guess, as they seem okay without explanations but Americans don't handle it well

So, dub or sub?

dub

YE NOT GUILTY!

both, this is one of those few anime where even the dub is actually good, that is comming from a mainly subs guy

And "it's all just a story - THIS story, in fact! Hello!" might just surpass "it was all just a dream" as a terrible can-explain-anything-so-it's-as-good-as-explaining-nothing explanation for a mystery.

Did they really not have a cause? I would've thought there was one with how deep it goes.

A little

he had the best theme song
youtu.be/5aJIby5NJ48

Agreed. Basically the entire OST is fantastic.

youtu.be/XH2KdaPpeZg

That's one of those pieces of music that sticks with you. Fantastic.

Was it that the Japanese were okay with it, or that the creators didn't think it would last long enough to require an explanation?

I'm not a weeb-o-phile but don't think this was the first anime to leave a lot of questions unanswered. I would imagine that since there is a history of open ended plot their core native audiences don't mind. Maybe I'm wrong.

What I want to understand is why the first half of season 2 is so different compared to the rest. The animation style is stylistically worse and the shots and overall feeling are totally devoid of what made the show so interesting.

But that's Phoenix Wright.

Budget probably

Ok I was trying my damnest to not comment about this because I havent played the last game and *I dont want to get spoilered* but someone that annoys me is why the fuck Phoenix and Maya hasnt got together yet, gotta make new Fey descendants after all and Its annoying that the characther that not only is paired to you by the in universe people but also was literally entrusted to you by her sister for you to look up after her death yet you havent got to fuck like bunnies already, age in the canon is not a matter anymore since She is by now a Christmas Cake by Japanese standards

Phoenix's wife hasn't even been born yet.

>Cyborg 009 for Flash maybe?

Acceleration powers maybe, personality not really

What a Virgin vs Chad comparision between Western vs Japanese Batman would be?

OH, the memories!!!!!

Season 1 is one of my favorite anime of all time. Season 2 is one of my biggest disappointments of all time. Dropped the episodic fun with budding romance between Rogers/Dorothy and went for some pseudo intellectual bullshit instead that completely lost me. Call me a brainlet or whatever but I didn't give a fuck about all that shit. Give me fun robot fights and more Rogers/Dorothy shenanigans.

Virgin Cowl vs Chad Mecha

perfect

Favorite MOTW, Sup Forums?
I rather liked Bonaparte, but was also partial to Glinda.

Man, The athmosphere on this show was something else. Too bad the ending was absolute garbaje.

I shipped them both so fucking hard.
We need a Big O season 3.

So in the end he's with his robowaifu.
Why everyone got mad about it?

angel sue
world reset
nothing really mattered, probably

life is a stage

because we don't understand shit.
And we didn't get a kiss.

ALL I WANTED WAS A KISS DAMNIT

I don't remember what MOTW stands for, but if we talking mechas, Big O is by far the coolest

MOTW = Monster Of The Week

What going to happen with her after his death? Is she going to shut herself off?

Original big duo
>that creative use of a slow moving industrial air plane mech in attack! And defense

can someone explain the tomatoes thing, because I still don't get it. What were they literally and/or figuratively?

So you havent go near the season 2 just yet I assume then... Happy Fun Times motherfuckers~~

You are projecting your waifufaggotry onto Nick and that's not cool. His waifu is still in jail.

I finished this show years ago, I just never understood.

t. brainlet

Nope, Toshihiko Sahashi is underrated as hell.
youtube.com/watch?v=52BcC9Qzl-Q

>The lyrics of ending song is about them
I love this song so much, but I can't listen to it without thinking about this Megaman YouTube Poop it was used in: youtube.com/watch?v=h7VQc7uUA6o

He's a rich white guy who gets to beat up criminals and the mentally ill, everything tumblr opposes

I get where you're coming from, because I still lowkey ship Nick and Maya myself. But is right. Maya and Nick would at best be a casual fling or a fwb type situation. His true love still waits for him behind bars.

No wonder Mike Lazzo threatened to quit if they didn't take Big O off the air.

I was studying computer science when this show first ran and the really obscure joke of a show whose hidden theme included nested looping being called "Big O" always amused me.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_O_notation

Plus Zee rust noir + giant robots + Deepest Lore! strokes all my boners.

Tomatoes represent the peope of Paradigm city. They are being tended by a guardian. It's implied only Rosewater knows this and Angel is the guardian.

They're in a virtual reality.

thanks, what always confused me was the idea that the tomatoes were somehow genetically tampered.

the best proposed theory I've read was that its a simulation that's trying to recreate a functional human civilization based on a pile of data that includes a deep scan of a ruined US east coast centered on Manhattan, a bunch of engineering files, and modest set of uploaded minds.
Angel is part of a huristic system to judge progress, and the system keeps having variable levels of resets, ranging from removing/reseting almost all the minds of the people in the sim to roling back with minor tweaks.
All the weird stuff under ground are parts that were left unflushed from previus resets or left explicitly as seed data for the sim.
The war in many of the momories isn't the cause of the last (Known )reset 40 years before but is confused with it becuse its featured hevily in the original memories the sim has on hand.

No way man, Chiaki Konaka is a committed robosexual.

That's the first I hear of that, but that's good to know. Is that pic from another show he wrote?

>Armitage III
my nigga

Naomi Armitage, the girl in the pic, is a "type III" gynoid. Female thirds have the ability to be impregnated by human males. The reason for this is the result of a honeypot gynoid assassin project being repurposed to fix the low Martian population birth rate caused by an incredibly feminist Earth only encouraging the immigration of men to Mars.

The guy is Ross Sylibus, cyborg cop loving husband and father of Armitage's daughter Yoko.

But it wasn't. Angel literally recreated the world at the end where Dorothy was human so her and Roger could fall in love.

MY GOD

I'M A TOMATO

>ALL I WANTED WAS A KISS DAMNIT

i know that feel

Isn't she dead? It always sound like their legal system carries out executions in less than a month after sentencing.

And wait, she was the murderer in two cases, wasn't she? You know, as a ghost possessing Maya?

My inner romantic says yes.

Kek

She wasn't the killer ever. Her twin sister Dahlia was. She personally was exactly as sweet as Dahlia pretended to be, and was Nick's actual girlfriend for most of the time he thought he was dating Dahlia.

Her crime was tampering with a crime scene etc, not murder. So she wouldn't get the death penalty.

>Story about literaly a girl exchange saliva with you, they don't ever kiss
Fucking why?