Greg Miller said that the canon ending to Robot Jones is where he eventually gets so fed up with humans...

>Greg Miller said that the canon ending to Robot Jones is where he eventually gets so fed up with humans, he rallies an army of robots to destroy the human race and succeeds, with the final line of the show being his old friends asking "whatever happened to robot jones?"

Could he have gotten away with it back in the day? And any other similarly dark planned but cut content for cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

wathappendrobotjones.deviantart.com/journal/The-Yep-Robot-Jones-Was-Gonna-Kill-Everyone-Post-527602097
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good.

>Could he have gotten away with it back in the day?
No, that would break the tone of the show.

no. it would have backfired hard unless it was done in a completely convincing way

The original “Flapjack” ending was going to see Captain K’nuckles killed by Peppermint Larry for eating Candy Wife. Flapjack would leave with Bubbie and finally find Candy Island since K’nuckles wasn’t there to mess things up anymore.

I mean, there are a couple of episodes where he goes full HAL

This sounds like a creepypasta. All it needs is
>the episode aired only once and there exists no recordings of it

The original Samurai Jack ending was going to have Jack go back to the past with his girlfriend who is Aku's daughter and has Aku's powers, defeat Aku there, making all of his future friends nonexistant and his girlfriend vanishing into thin air at their wedding day. Good thing Genndy never tried to actually make such nonsense come true.

Wow really? That's fucking retarded, how did they ever consider that to be a potential ending?

There source, because it sounds like a urban legend

I wonder what Jones would've done to Shannon

>making all his future friends non-existent

The plan has been to alter the timeline from the first episide, dummy.

With cartoon logic, his friends might be born in the new utopian future. It's really only his Aku-based gf who for sure gets nulled.

El tigre had a bad end that they had people vote on.

The humans in Robot Jones were assholes. He was supposed to study human behavior and they were never nice to him, so it's only natural that that's what his end was.

Which ones?

Yeah, but with every episode ending with a "Oh I can't use the time portal, I gotta save these people I just met" note, people were at the very least expecting a "Jack saves the Future and then goes back to the past and the show's time travel works on Legend of Zelda rules instead of fully erasing timelines"

>metaphor on school shootings
haha oh wow

The issue is that Jack's time travel rules are ambiguous as fuck despite the fact that they drive the narrative--we don't know if Ashi evaporated because she's was taken from the future or if her entire timeline got destroyed as well. Genndy was going for an emotion within a very rule-based yet largely unexplained set of circumstances; and that's the source of the disconnect and ultimate dissatisfaction co had with the finale.

it wouldn't have worked. for the tone of the show it would have been unnecessarily dark. Plus while humans gave him shit he still had human friends and such. something would have had to happen where he loses them for that ending to pop off

Not the OP, but it was confirmed in a Facebook post wathappendrobotjones.deviantart.com/journal/The-Yep-Robot-Jones-Was-Gonna-Kill-Everyone-Post-527602097

Would it have flown back then? No. Now? Possibly.

I would fuck Robot Jones.

wtf

Look inside your heart - you know you'd do it, too.

He still loved the girl why wo u ld he kill her?.

I would.