Why didn't Skinner just be honest and say "I accidentally burned the roast, I'm ordering fast food instead"?

Why didn't Skinner just be honest and say "I accidentally burned the roast, I'm ordering fast food instead"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yBLdQ1a4-JI
youtube.com/watch?v=aa1g_oh9Grc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Admitting he burned the roast would show Chalmers that he can be careless and accident prone. He doesn’t want that.
Getting fast food is like saying, fuck it, I’m doing the cheapest option because I fucked up. Chalmers would think he would do the same for the school, replacing the curiculum with national geographic documentaries because Bart burned them.
This lunch was to impress Chalmers, not make him think Skinner was an idiot

If Agnes was upstairs, couldn't she see Skinner run across the lawn to Krusty Burger?

Aur....AURORA BOREALIS?

Not if she's in the upper front of the house, since Skinner ran out the back.

>tfw I call Burgs "Steamed Hams" now

ditto

Why didn’t he say the smoke was actually smoke and he was just smoke cooking burgers

are you from North-State New York?

My favorite part of the whole thing is how clearly he wants to impress Chalmers yet when Chalmers is actually interested in seeing the Borealis Skinny just flatly says "hmm 'no'

no, just the city

He could only show a burning kitchen?

>And you say they're smoked despite the fact that they are obviously grilled.

>they're not aware that the real aurora borealis is vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=yBLdQ1a4-JI

>tfw there was an actual Aurora Borealis in Skinner's kitchen but he just wanted it all for himself

because he's Skinner and he's obsessed with making himself look good to Chalmers, even though his strings of lies always dig him deeper and deeper and deeper.

And also there wouldn't be a short if he did that.

>Skinner hogged the Aurora Borealis all to himself
this really pisses me off, i hope you know that

youtube.com/watch?v=aa1g_oh9Grc

You would do the same if the northern lights would be located in your very own kitchen at this part of the year.

>"I accidentally burned the roast, I'm ordering fast food instead"?

SEYMOUR!!!!

Why didn't he take the roast out of the oven?

The roast didn't start the housefire. Skinner's apron did.

Watch the skit again closely and you'll see Skinner place his apron down on top of the stove before he attempts to climb out the window.

I never noticed that!

But the stove isn't on. It's the roast which caught on fire, and spread it to the rest of the kitchen offscreen.

Pretty much this but also at the time this came out there was a McDonald's or Burger King commercial airing that basically was a guy presenting purchased burgers and fries as home made to a girl to impress her at dinner.

I'm thinking of a recipe for burguers made of ham meat, grilled and then steamed.
I think they could work with ginger and chutney.

This was funny, are there any other classic simpsons episodes like this? I only watched nusimpsons back in middle school when i had a shit taste in humor, but this was actually funny

You will enjoy most of the classic seasons then, 3-7 is the golden age.
You can watch 1 and 2 too but they are rough around the edges, the show was finding its pace.
Seasons 8 and 9 are ok too but the humor starts to become outlandish and random.
Seasons 10 and 11 it's when it gets noticeably worse, celebrity cameos random gags that don't come from clever situations, shitty plots and homer starts to become a jerk. Also it's pretty obvious they wanted to end it all here, but it went on.
Don't bother with the rest of the show.

Also thanks for making me feel old, kiddo.

Thanks for the advice, user
>Also thanks for making me feel old, kiddo.
>TFW i saw simpsons movie in theaters when i was 11

My sides.

that makes more sense

Well, that's just great, Seymour! We've been out here six seconds and you've already managed to blow the routine!

Would you watch an actual Skinner & the Superintendent show?

>TFW I watched "The Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" when it first aired in 1989

All the day bro

Just wanted to second this. Different people might quibble about the exact ranges but this user gives the general consensus on the show

No, but I always wanted "22 Short Films About Springfield" to become a companion anthology series. Each episode has a few shorts about the rest of Springfield.

Or I did want that when the show was good. It would have been great.

I'm honestly surprised there were never any attempts at Simpsons spin-off shows.

what difference would that make?

I’d watch Wiggum P.I.