Marvel heroes are very relatable and realistic

>Marvel heroes are very relatable and realistic
>Marvel heroes don't have jobs yet they live expensive lifestyles
How do Marvel fans reconcile those two things?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.br/search?client=opera&q=marvel relatable&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
quora.com/Why-are-Marvels-characters-more-relatable-than-DCs-characters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What Marvel heroes don't have jobs? Everyone knows characters like Spider-Man and Daredevils jobs, characters like Tony Stark and the Fantastic Four make a living off of how super smart they are and a lot of the others are on government payrolls as official supers.

>What Marvel heroes don't have jobs?
Captain America
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Woman
Captain Marvel
The Thing
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Thor
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Punisher
99% of the X-Men

>Everyone knows characters like Spider-Man and Daredevils jobs
This is from a short period Matt quit Nelson & Murdock
He basically made a living based on his old savings and his reputation as a superhero, i.e. an escapistic fantasy became part of how a character gets by, i.e. it's not very realistic

>Captain America
Goverment paycheck/Avengers paycheck
>Scarlet Witch
Avengers paycheck
>Spider-Woman
SHIELD paycheck
>Captain Marvel
SHIELD paycheck
>The Thing
>Invisible Woman
>Human Torch
Reed sells inventions to fund the team, they all draw a salary.
>Thor
There's a shitton of gold in Asgard
>Iron Fist
Rich
>Luke Cage
Literally the Hero for Hire (though he did collect a paycheck with the Avengers for awhile)
>Punisher
Takes money from criminals he kills to fund himself
>99% of the X-Men
Xavier was rich, Emma paid for stuff for awhile. It's easy to get money with mental powers.

Captain marvel and captain america work for the military,shield and sword respectively,Johnny,Sue and Ben are explorers working with Reed,iron fist runs a company and a dojo,Luke cage has heros for hire,60% of the x men are teachers,another 45% are students and the 5% that matter have temp jobs inbetween teaching

So, they don't have jobs.

"They receive an easy paycheck" doesn't count as a job.

I like your post.

thanks man

>the 5% that matter have temp jobs inbetween teaching
What was Cyclops job?
What was Jean Grey's job?
Storm's job?
Iceman's job?

They work for the professor.

What is their job? Where did they study to be qualified? Do they work 8 hours per day? Do they have benefits?

"Marvel heroes are relatable because they have to pay bills" doesn't work when 99% of the characters gain money much more easily than DC characters.

Jean was a model for awhile.

I want to say Iceman had a menial job but I might be confusing that with when Ultimate Iceman worked at the food court.

You started off with a false premise that you made up.

Spider-man HAD those issues. But not everybody is Spider-man, nor should they be.

what is up with these stupid threads lately? I feel like this is the same guy who keep shitposting about organic webs and Namor and Doom.

>You started off with a false premise that you made up.
I didn't make up anything. "Marvel heroes are relatable because they have to pay bills" is something that people say.

Why do they say something that is untrue?

>a lot of the others are on government payrolls as official supers.
Yes VERY relatable

They don't, they pretend to be able to, but they don't.
Rich over-genius and government-paid supersoldier doesn't get to be relatable, at least as far as jobs go. Ever. Not open for discussion.

Spider-Woman is a PI

it's a comic book

if don't question the Fantastic Four's superpowers, then I care even less about their paychecks to be honest

once you start asking questions you ruin the whole point of it

>Jean was a model for awhile.
Very relatable.

Define easy,cyclops and the O5 do teach mutant history and tactics,all the military people do missions and the fantadtic four do reeds exploration missions,also alot of those heroes have more relatable stuff over jobs imao

Then why say they are "relatable" when it clearly isn't true?

Who said that? Who said they were relatable? I certainly didn't.

The way that they're "Relatable" is because they're all constant fuck-ups.

>Who said that? Who said they were relatable?
Every Marvelfag.

You can Google "Marvel Relatable" and you will see.

>Marvel heroes are relatable because they have to pay bills" is something that people say.
Source your claim.

>Marvel heroes are very relatable and realistic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Here

google.com.br/search?client=opera&q=marvel relatable&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I could also google "Marvel not relatable" and find examples of that too

so you're an ass to be honest my man

It's because when people think Marvel and DC they thing Spider-Man and Batman.

"Marvel is about normal people trying to be gods. DC is about gods trying to be normal people".

Are you denying that this is something that Marvelfags say?

Sounds like something casuals say.

I think it's something one guy said

You are delusional if you think every Marvel fan says exactly that and shares that opinion

so yeah, I'm denying it and I'm also telling you you're full of shit and you're a fat fucking autist

>"Marvel is about normal people trying to be feminists. DC is about gods trying to be normal people".

Cap used to be a beat cop when he got unthawed, then he drew ads for magazines and then drew comics for a living while his girlfriend owned an antique shop or something for a bit. Banner works odd jobs, as a scientist when he occasionaly gets the Hulk under control and Fixit worked as a leg breaker in Las Vegas.

>I think it's something one guy said
Then this fucking one guy is busy as fuck, because I have seen Marvel fans saying this all over the internet.

no one with superpowers is ever going to be fully reletable, but most people can relate to having a boss breathing down your neck if you fuck up, especially if you have a government job full of bureaucracy

as opposed to DC where how the government deals with supers is rarely delved into outside of Amanda Waller's blackops shit which is unrealistic as it'd be a huge issue

So they all get free money from plot instead of getting a job

>but most people can relate to having a boss breathing down your neck if you fuck up, especially if you have a government job full of bureaucracy
MARVEL HEROES DON'T HAVE THAT.

They literally receive money from being heroes. They don't have a "boss".

DC heroes have bosses. They have actual jobs. They don't receive easy paychecks.

This.

>hey literally receive money from being heroes. They don't have a "boss".
The only ones I can think of like this are the X-Men, Iron Man, and SHIELD agents.

Then explain to me how Captain Marvel makes money. How Scarlet Witch makes money. How Spider-Woman makes money. How Hawkeye makes money. How Captain America makes money.

>Captain Marvel
Been all over the place. She was in the air force, then worked for the Daily Bugle, then became an agent.
>Spider Woman
Also had a shit ton of jobs. agent to body guard to receptionist to waitress to detective to agent again.
>Captain America
Comic book artist till he came public about being the actual Steve Rogers. You have Bendis to blame for them all getting money via Iron Man. He thought it would make the universe feel more "connected". In fact, most problems with Marvel these days are either his fault or Quesada's fault.

>>Captain Marvel
>Been all over the place. She was in the air force, then worked for the Daily Bugle, then became an agent.
>>Spider Woman
>Also had a shit ton of jobs. agent to body guard to receptionist to waitress to detective to agent again.
Their lives were WAY too comfortable for people with careers that shit. How is that "relatable"?

I'd image being a government agent makes you a shit ton of money. Especially one of that power.

>Their lives were WAY too comfortable for people with careers that shit.
Do you not know how to live within your means or how to save? Or are you just going to nitpick the issue to death no matter what answer you get?

>Captain Marvel
Air Force
>Captain America
inflated soldiers fund from WW2
>Spider-Woman
she works for Shield
>Hawkeye
Avengers Paycheck
and yes in 616, being a Avenger is considered a job

Then they are, once again, receiving money from "plot".

They don't have bosses. They don't have to work 9-17. They just receive money from being super-heroes (apparently, a shit ton of money).

How is that "relatable"?

>if a Superheroe isnt a burgerflipper working minimum wage like me then they arnt relatable
i dunno man, get better at life or something

HOW IS THAT RELATABLE?

The characters are receiving money from plot, are never seen struggling with money and live lifestyles of celebrities. Hos is that more relatable than Clark Kent, Hal Jordan and Barry Allen, people who actually have jobs, bosses and get fucked when they are moneyless?

>Hey, look how Marvel heroes are human and realistic! They don't have jobs yet they live like millionaires!

>They don't have bosses.
If you are a government agent then yes, you have a commander.

>DC heroes have bosses. They have actual jobs.

Where does Aquaman work?

>reporters don't struggle for money
>waitresses don't struggle for money
>comic artists don't struggle for money.

whats Wonder Womans job?

Who is their boss?

Who is Spider-Woman's Perry White? Who is Scarlet Witch Captain Singh?

>a job isnt a real job unless you have a boss yelling at you and make minimum wage
honest question but have you ever worked anywhere else but the Mcdonalds cantina?

She is an ambassador.

Aquaman doesn't have a job. He is a king and a notable exception in the Justice League.

Nick Fury

Nick Fury, Abigail Brand

NOT REAL JOBS
PLOT MONEY

>She is an ambassador.
Who's her boss?

SHIELD doesn't even exist anymore.

How is Spider-Woman making money and supporting a child?

>Aquaman doesn't have a job. He is a king and a notable exception

DC gets "exceptions" and Marvel is doesn't?

lmao eat a dick sandwich, Batfag

saving money?
being a responsible adult?

Currently? Etta Candy.

Screeching like an autist always undermines whatever argument you're making.

The majority cannot be an "exception".

The majority of Marvel heroes don't have jobs. They gain money because they are heroes. It's money enough to make them living like millionaires, yet this is considered "relatable".

She's a detective now.

im just reciting your argument my man

>money enough to make them living like millionaires, yet this is considered "relatable".

Do you know who Batman is lmao holy shit

Not him. Don't act like an autist.

>It's money enough to make them living like millionaires,
how many actually live like you describe?
Cap is currently a drifter and lived in Avengers Mansion, so did Wanda
Spider-Woman, last i saw lived in a okay apartment in New York
only Captain Marvel has a decent and considering the high profile she did it makes sense

But NO ONE says that "Batman is relatable because he has to have a job and struggle to pay bills".

People say this about Marvel heroes, yet they don't have jobs and live like millionaires using money that comes from nowhere.

I think you just proved his point.

Some of them are u.s soldiors.

some guy in THIS thread just argued that DC heroes have real jobs

my god man use your brain

>People say this about Marvel heroes,
people say this exclusively about Spider-man

>linkingg to a google search
Lol

Spider-Woman's apartment in New York is as big as Taylor Swift's apartment in New York.

Is a SHIELD agent making as much money as Taylor Swift? How relatable.

>US Soldier
>Easy paycheck
millenial detected

You think the goverment payroll folks don't have the boss on their ass?

It's a fictional realm with teleporting blue people and time traveling robots

You're gonna shit an autism nugget over their housing being too nice? Come the fuck on man

No, they say Spider-Man is a relatable character because of that.

you are quite clearly overreacting
she has a middle class apartment, anybody with a good job can afford, especially a goverment agent

>"Marvel heroes are realistic and relatable"
>"But they don't even have jobs and live like celebrities"
>"Of course, it's fiction. You expect them to be realistic?"

Why do people say they are realistic to begin with?

Well, a lot of people do spend more than they earn and do end up in massive debt
Company war BS is why they say it

They say MARVEL. Not Spider-Man. Marvel.

>They say MARVEL.
who

People who say "Marvel is more realistic/more relatable", AKA 100% of Marvel fans.

>if I greentext it that means people are saying it

do you have schizophrenia or some shit

seriously

seems to like your projecting
can you show me any ''fans'' saying that?

Can you guys use Google?

quora.com/Why-are-Marvels-characters-more-relatable-than-DCs-characters

All of a sudden, we are pretending that Marvel fans don't say that Marvel characters are realistic and relatable.

Yea but he didn't mention Batman. Even then Bruce Wayne does regularly handle some of the decisions behind his multi-million dollar company, so he has a real job too.

You seem to be arguing two different things here, so I can see how you're getting confused.

>SHIELD doesn't even exist anymore.
It never exists anymore.
She just has to wait for it to come back again.

>People say this about Marvel heroes
No they don't.

>Avengers/League paychecks don't count
>perform a service(i.e fight villains/manage disasters/etc), get paid for it
>somehow not a job
Fucking police, firefighters, and medics. Stop freeloading off the government and a REAL job! ... Whatever that means.

Seriously, OP, fuck you.

I really hope that ARGUS gets some focus once this Jason whoreshit is done with.