Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/75fRyhhUkUY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

.....at too?

p

I agree, Venom will flower

>>>>Sony Pictures

Even comic movies with good costumes can still turn out shit

I will probably go see this movie because symbiote shit is one of those things at the Big 2 that I just can't get enough of. I fucking love everything to do with the symbiotes, I think it's such a neat idea and every time it's well-executed in a comic I get tickled.

Looks more like a Xenomorph than Venom

p

p

p

This looks so good. I think Venom is going to be for Sony the redemption Logan was to Fox.

But even if this movie is utterly thrash, I will still watch it. I love the character, I think Tom Hardy is the perfect choice for the character, the movie will be R-Rated as it should...

I'll just overlook all the flaws and try to enjoy every scene good enough. Like the flying scene in MoS, or the warehouse in BvS.

Please do your best, Sony.

t.MCU junkies

Is marvel going to help them with it?

Something feels really off.

Nah, MCU is shit. So is this.

All the had to do was widen the gumlines to match the outer contours of the mouth.

How the fuck did the designer get that wrong?

Hard to make sense of it without textures, but you can see the eye shapes clearly of you zoom

I like it, hope they make it look slimy and organic

>Sony
>Redemption
Have you any idea the minds over at SONY making these decisions? They're, and by no exaggeration, completely illiterate

If Venom is a good movie, will they retcon it as part of the MCU like they will do to Deadpool?

DP being integrated instead of retconed is still a loose bet

ooo wee

>[cautious optimism intensifies]

I'm a bigger Spider-Man fan than I am an overall Marvel fan, and I'm a bigger Venom fan than I am a Spider-Man fan, so needless to say I want this to do well regardless of anything else

Also, hating Sony is so meme, literally the only fatal flaw of ASM was trying too hard to set up too much future shit, if they made them more as stand alone films first they would have been great, and all the details we have of Venom seem like its a pretty straight forward story mostly lifted from the comics of the 90s

>the corners of the mouth are sunken in and not filled with teeth

It looks weird as fuck

>They're, and by no exaggeration, completely illiterate
Explain

youtu.be/75fRyhhUkUY

It reminds me of MK9\X Reptile a bit. Looks kinda cool to me though, better than the 90s cartoon frog mouth

If they go for a horror atmosphere themselves or is the better even if it's not aesthetically pleasing. Look at Lynch's monsters in Twin Peaks season 3.

I meant to say, the weirder it is the better. I'm a filthy phone poster.

Read the leaked SONY emails

>Not MCU

And into the trash it goes.

Loooooool

No, we hate sony because of ghostbusters and emoji movie.

So what is Venom's thing again? It is an alien black goo that needs a human host and it turns them evil?

In the most simple of adaptions, yes. Having more to do with the comics, Venom is the fusion of one alien creature thought to be simply a costume by Spider-Man only to be rejected and discarded once he found out it was alive and a psycho disgruntled journalist with a warped sense of morality named Eddie Brock, who pretty much started as a stalker/terrorizer/ass whooper of Spider-Man and went on to have their own career as an anti-hero in sort of a weird human/alien pseudo romance with a savior complex and a hunger for protecting the innocent, and sometimes brains

>turns them evil
crap made up in the cartoon that is used more often than not to make peter seem like less of a dick, which he is

You're gonna feel real silly when the MCU goes the way of Beanie Babies

looks like shit, should be something like this

>But even if this movie is utterly thrash, I will still watch it. I love the character

You're the kind of person Sam Raimi hated.

I hate Sam Raimi, he ruined Dock Ock and Peter Parker AND Spider-Man, his bullshit about being a fan is just that, bullshit, he knows nothing about Spider-Man, he just knows Venom came after he was already an old hack with only two good movies

In the comics IIRC the symbiote would take over his body at night and he'd swing around the city while asleep with no memory of any of it. I don't think he did anything violent during that time, but its been a long time since I read that stuff. But yeah, it was pretty clear that his decision to just get rid of it was an overreaction. A more measured and diplomatic approach was in order. Have Reed help him figure out how to get it to stop making him swing around in his sleep so he wouldn't wake up tired and just enjoy having a magic alien suit.

Explain all of this

Not only that, but he basically tortured it with sound to get rid of it, he would rather hurt it than try to understand it, PETER turned the symbiote evil not the other way around, that is the greatest irony of the situation.

Sympathetic Ock driven mad by his monster.....honestly, for a guy who claims to hate Venom, that would have been a better Venom origin than an Ock one, but oh wait, doesn't he love Ock seeing as he's a classic? Apparently not enough to keep the character in tact. And his Peter was a generic nerd and his Spidey was a generic hero, nothing was unique about Marvels most unique nerd and most unique hero, he was just Clark Kent and Superman, Raimi has no respect for the comics

>Evil foundation creates Symbiotes.
>One escapes and latches on to Eddie.
>Evil foundation attempts to hire low level street thugs to get it back, resulting in their deaths.
>Evil foundation releases other Symbiote users to kill Venom.
>While this is going on another Symbiote escapes and latches onto Cassidy.
>Movies revolves around Eddie attempting to clean up the streets through violent justice and fear, while fighting off the other Symbiotes, who are eaten/absorbed by Carnage.
>Climax is Venom and Carnage fighting, resulting in Carnage being defeated and recaptured by evil foundation.
>Eddie and Venom escape and continue doing their form of justice.
>Post credit scene reveals due to Carnage absorbing the other Symbiotes caused it to become "Pregnant".

>>Evil foundation creates Symbiotes.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand dropped.

You're thinking of Funk Pops.

The MCU is an entertainment fad just like comics themselves were, so if anything user will look back at this time as a wonderful memory that he's going to share with his grandsons.

Unfortunately they will never give Venom symbiote complex personality. All love-hate spidey backstory is too difficult to reproduce on the screen. I hope they can give him some Toxin personality - symbiote just doesn't understand the concept of good and evil.

This post is a mess of a bait.

Venom stopped being creepy and cool when they started giving him that retarded tongue. Sad to see everyone treating it as an essential part of the design.

The symbiotes feed off brain chemicals like adrenaline, which is why Venom at his edgiest eats brains.

How so? Feel free not to respond, I know you have no response.

I mean there are so many design choices....some might like the buff Spidey with the cartoon smile, some might like the black Violator with open cash register jaw, green slime, and gigantic hands

I like pic related, though in a movie less blue tint

All the timey wimey bullshit with Cable is gonna end up retconning Deadpool into the MCU.

How could Deadpool work in the MCU

The front-view's mouth looks off compared to the 3/4th's view. I hope he doesn't look straight ahead too often.

That looks nothinng like the toy

>Also, hating Sony is so meme, literally the only fatal flaw of ASM was trying too hard to set up too much future shit
And the direction, and the pacing, and the parents myth arc, and...

>Also, hating Sony is so meme, literally the only fatal flaw of ASM was trying too hard to set up too much future shit,
What about Ghostbusters?
And The Emoji Movie?
And Hotel Transylvania 2?
And cancelling the Popeye movie?
And Spider-Man 3?

>this increases the hype

Making it a standalone is still fucking stupid.
Making it not part of the MCU is still fucking stupid.
Letting Amy Pascal have any part in it is still fucking stupid.
Making it at all is still fucking stupid.

MCU sucks, we don't all want to drink your Koolaid, some ofus have been into comics since the 80s and 90s, leave us be, if you want Venom to be MCU you probably never even liked the character cause you would know that would not work

those traps though

>Implying Sony will get it right with their track record

>Sony
I dont care what hype material they put out I cant be excited for a Sony movie.

I personally don't want Venom in the MCU. To be honest, I can't say I really wanted Spidey in the MCU either.
Venom without Spider-Man still sounds dumb to me, and I trust Sony a lot less than I trust the MCU.

I see you for what you truly are, Dire Wraith! You will not hide from my Neutralizer!

My only complaint was the lack of teeth, but it seems upping the lighting exposes hidden ones. I'm hype.

>that headshape
>those eyes
no
maybe for a video game

so no agent venom?

>actually trusting Sony of all companies too not completely fuck this up

>some ofus have been into comics since the 80s and 90s, leave us be
> you probably never even liked the character

Get a loaf of this hothead, fellas

Bagley Venom is best Venom.

I kinda like but I would just make the original symbiote be actually alien and all other ones created by the evil company based off the first

It is fair since we all know how mouse sycophants play ball, GIVE IT TO US AND IF IT SUCKS WE STILL LIKE IT

Mousefags are cancer, I don't want Venom to be a movie with no stakes, no darkness, and no drama, Venom needs all those things to shine, you cannot make him another Tony Stark or Stark support character which is all they are good at.

I prefer the older Venom designs where he looks like a bodybuilder instead of a gorilla. He's not supposed to be gigantic, just bigger than Spider-Man.

>I don't want Venom to be a movie with no stakes, no darkness, and no drama, Venom needs all those things to shine,
I agree, but even if the pieces are in place I wouldn't put it past Sony to still manage to fuck it up. Not that I want Disney to make a Venom film either.

To me, Classic Venom works better. I feel the more monstrous features are more suited for Carnage.

Guy you originally replied to here.

I'm probably older than Zuul up there and have indeed been a fan of Venom since the early days. But I'm older now and although yes, it would be nice to have a fucked up and crazy Venom film unbound by the House of Mouse, at this point I'd take a good-enough representation of the character in those movies than whatever garbage Sony runs around with their heads cut off and tries to shit out. I just don't trust them to do it right. What evidence have they given that they will?

od the market with even more unnecessary cape movies. Can't wait for Forbush Man IV

EVIDENCE

Why are you mad at this film that is doing a fresh take? Oh wait I know why, you want more MCU hah hah so funny hah hah you shouldn't die hah hah

From what we have to go by, it seems good. I won't judge the film before its out obviously but it SEEMS promising, and I have no less faith in Sony than I do Marvel, who put out tons of stinkers but people just ignore them

That franchise was overstaying its welcome anyway

Also.......GOTG dance scene was just as bad