How could James Gordon raise such a slut?

How could James Gordon raise such a slut?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20080413001423/http://www.lonelygods.com/w/bat4.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you expect when all the man talks about is rape

Babs isn't a slut, She's a cocktease.

He clearly is an absent father, that explains it.

>obsessed with trying to force Batman to rape the Joker
I WONDER

Jim's a slut himself. Did you not read Year One?

its weird that he raised her nephew as a daughter

Shes a girl in a comic. Blame the writers.

How could DC be so stupid to get rid of Oracle?

Third wave Feminism ruins everything.

Losing Oracle as a character is one of the worst decisions DC has ever made.

What? How many men did she cannonically sleep with?

>Hurr durr muh feminists

It had nothing to do with feminism and everything to do with Barbara being the most recognizable Batgirl to casuals. Sup Forums's bogeyman, tumblr, was even pretty pissed about it because Oracle was one of the few representations of a disabled superhero (and no Daredevil doesn't count since he can see for all intents and purposes).

Jason Bard, Dick Grayson and Ted Kord.

I actually don't think Kord and her slept together, so, just those two.

On the other hand, Barbara was way older than Dick (Pre-Flashpoint Barbara was three years older than Wonder Woman) and was already sleepinh with him when he was basically a teenager. This gives her more slutty points.

Sup Forumsmblr in action

How does it not have to do with feminism? I can't tell you how many times I've seen people REEEEEing online about violence against women and how DC handicapped her so they would no longer have to deal with writing a stronk womyn. These idiots couldn't even see the other side of the equation, that she was a positive representation of a disabled person in a cape book.

>Barbara was way older than Dick (Pre-Flashpoint Barbara was three years older than Wonder Woman) and was already sleepinh with him when he was basically a teenager.
This isn't true at all unless you meant Pre-Crisis Babs. Pre-Flashpoint Barbara and Dick were both late 20s/early 30s (Dick was 16/17 when Barbara was 19/20)

>about violence against women and how DC handicapped her so they would no longer have to deal with writing a stronk womyn.
People were mad at how Barbara was crippled for the sake of the progression of a male character, but that's not what DC retconned. Once that was done, she was immensely popular as a positive representation of a disabled person. So DC got rid of the part people liked but not the part they found problematic. Maybe try talking to people you disagree with once in your life instead of making sweeping generalizations of everyone's opinions based on one screengrab you saw posted.

Nah, Barbara was way older.

According to Dixon's Birds of Prey, she was a Congresswoman before the Joker shot her. She was at least older than 25.

When "Judas Contract" happened, Dick was only 18.

>People were mad at how Barbara was crippled for the sake of the progression of a male character
And that's retarded. I'm sure in some parallel universe Robin got crippled by the Joker and then supported Batwoman from the sidelines as Oracle and absolutely no one gave a shit.

DC did not cripple Barbara for Batman's sake. They crippled her for the same reason they had The Joker kill Jason Todd: because it made for good drama and publicity. Only after the fact did they come up with a way to keep her as a recurring character in the book.

I think Dick was older then.

Jason Todd getting killed is the story while Barbara getting shot is just detail. Crucial difference.

Judas Contract happened a number of years before Killing Joke (between those times Jason had been recruited, served his tenure as Robin for a couple years, and then died). Also, Robin/Batgirl Year One further brought their ages closer together.

Steph was doing fine as Batgirl but she's a "literally who" character to casuals. Cassandra was a fucking trainwreck. So that left Barbara to be Batgirl for the shiny new reboot.

Not to mention, in-universe it was getting pretty fucking ridiculous that Barbara wasn't healed yet and just because muh Alan Moore sacred cow. Still, they didn't need to ditch the concept entirely. She could be mostly backup but still able to go fight from time to time.

>DC did not cripple Barbara for Batman's sake. They crippled her for the same reason they had The Joker kill Jason Todd: because it made for good drama and publicity.
Barbara was crippled as a way to anger the main protagonist of the story, Bruce. Jason dying was a major event unto itself and warranted multiple issues devoted to that fact. I'm not trying to say that the Killing Joke is a bad story, but you're being just as bad as the people you hate for misreading characters if you refuse to entertain that interpretation of the story.

>his son is an actual psychopath
He could do worse.

>I'm sure in some parallel universe Robin got crippled by the Joker and then supported Batwoman from the sidelines as Oracle and absolutely no one gave a shit.
And I'm sure there's a parallel universe where blowjobs cure cancer but let's focus on our reality.
>They crippled her for the same reason they had The Joker kill Jason Todd: because it made for good drama and publicity.
No they didn't, they didn't give a shit. Len wein told Alan moore to go ahead and cripple the bitch because barbara was entirely expendable.

Fair enough, but I think it's still dumb thing to get outraged over anyway. Yes, she was used as a plot device to get Bruce angry enough to seriously go after Joker. Yes, Barbara happens to be female. This doesn't make that angle of the story sexist in any way, because Batman losing his shit at the Joker was just the story they wanted to tell and that warranted something as drastic as crippling one of the book's main characters.

> DC erases a handicapped superhero because muh feminism
> thinks this is progression
> nobody calls them out on it because muh feminism
i will forever be mad

this leaves only xavier (doom patro fags get out) as the only known wheelchair hero in the mainstream

babs as oracle was actual great character progression and development. based ostrander did a great job. it's cool that all the heroes had an information broker and master computer whiz to go to. and it was still cool how she did all the physical therapy and kept her upper body in shape

fuck DC

>in-universe it was getting pretty fucking ridiculous that Barbara wasn't healed yet
I consider the DC universe to be a fantasy world and in that world cybernetics and magic has been a thing since the 1940s. Barbara sayong no to magocal cures is just another way they tired to force the Bat-embargo and imo only made Babs to be a stupid stubborn bitch.

>DC erases a handicapped superhero because muh feminism
No, they brought Babs back as Batgirl because she's the most iconic Batgirl.
>thinks this is progression
No one said it was.
>nobody calls them out on it because muh feminism
Literally the opposite what actually happened, where you and Tumblr are on the exact same side here.

>that warranted something as drastic as crippling one of the book's main characters.
She was also, at the time, one of DC's most prominent female heroines, second maybe only to Wonder Woman. I'm not saying that she should be treated as a sacred cow, but it's not like DC would ever cripple Green Lantern and just not have there be a Green Lantern character for 10 years for the sole purpose of motivating Superman to beat Lex Luthor again.

Regardless, my original point was that feminists didn't hate Oracle as a character and even in fact praised her for what she represented. They disliked the events and attitude surrounding Barbara being shot.

>Ted Kord

What

>No they didn't, they didn't give a shit. Len wein told Alan moore to go ahead and cripple the bitch because barbara was entirely expendable.
[citation needed]

Were you living under a fucking rock when the New52 launched? Pretty much everyone lost their shit over losing Oracle.

>She was also, at the time, one of DC's most prominent female heroines, second maybe only to Wonder Woman.
>They disliked the events and attitude surrounding Barbara being shot.
Point taken. I had failed to consider how prominent she was at that time.

I'm a filthy casual but it is my understanding that The Killing Joke still happened right? And she still spent at least some time as Oracle?

Years ago when I heard that Barbara Gordon was once again going to be Batgirl I hoped they would tell the story of how she herself came to that decision. She turned down a few different macguffins that could have let her walk again so what's different now? I think there could have been a cool story in there somewhere.

Did we ever get that kind of story or did they just kinda gloss over a bunch of the details with the semi-reboot?

>[citation needed]
Oh you're just an outragefag who doesn't actually read comics. "Cripple the bitch" is a phrase anyone familiar with the events surrounding the Killing Joke knows.

>"I asked DC if they had any problem with me crippling Barbara Gordon - who was Batgirl at the time - and if I remember, I spoke to Len Wein, who was our editor on the project...[He] said, 'Yeah, okay, cripple the bitch.'
web.archive.org/web/20080413001423/http://www.lonelygods.com/w/bat4.html

Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman was like a hundred.

In the first issue of her New 52 batgirl series, they briefly mention that she was healed using macguffin-tech. They then move on.

DC has only themselves to blame for Cassandra turning into a trainwreck.

That's too bad. I was hoping I had just missed the awesome story of Oracle deciding to once again put on the cape and cowl.

Did she rapidly age or something? She was very young when she left the island.

She was just a little older than the Titans.

She was 22 when she left Themiscyra. 2 years older than Wally West.

Well Simone's entire run was focused on Barbara obsessing with the PTSD of The Killing Joke. If that's what you want it's there. It wasn't very good but it's there.

He let Gail Simone write her. That's just asking for a slut.

>just those two
Lol nope, those are just the superheroes. Babs has had almost as many normie boyfriends as Dick. And that's saying something, because we all know how much of a slut Dick is.

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

no only Sup Forums and tumblr flipped their shit

the mainstream comic press was like yasssss babs is back, based simone, muh strong batgurl

Goddamnit guys

You're full of shit and so is your narrative.

>How could James Gordon raise such a slut?
They have a very close relationship.

He probably built her education around restrictions with no explanations, and as soon she went over one of the restrictions, she wanted more.
Pretty common.

She didn't want special treatment. Besides, there's practically a cure for everything thanks to alien science and magic, so where's the consequence? Babs kicked more ass as Oracle, and while being crippled isnt a requirement for that, it certainly adds more to her character.

Am i the only depressed person about cassandra also being a literally who to casuals?

Like ffs she was the best batgirl

She was whooping ass in a wheelchair just fine. Give her her legs back but they didnt need to take away oracle. She did more good with the birds of pray and as an operator/hacker than she does as batgirl now

Well these days she's basically a dumb twentysomething. Can we talk at all about Barbara's stealth deaging? I feel like she got younger by more than a decade when she became Batgirl again.

If I had it my way, she'd be back in that chair. Like I said, it adds more to her character. It's bad enough Bruce walks away from a back injury and Jason comes back from the dead, I think the least DC can do is have one batfamily member with an injury, and no pun intended, that they can't just walk off

I think it's mostly because writers tended to gloss over Babs actual age while stories revisiting her past usually de-aged her retroactively. I think most writers assumed that she had been deaged since CoIE, as her history hadn't really be brought up due to not being a very prominent character for years. Killing Joke had her still living with her dad, which would be a little weird for a character who served in Congress pre-Crisis. I always read Babs as around 30 pre-Flashpoint; current continuity has her somewhere in her mid-20s.

You could leave her walking and still keep her as Oracle. You could even spin the Burnside stuff as her needing to operate at a lower level because she didn't regain 100% function. Honestly the bigger issue is that they never addressed Babs regaining her mobility in any fashion.

Yeah, not even ptsd over being shot in the spine and the fear of never walking again

Sup Forums fag gets btfo

>She didn't want special treatment.
"No doctor, don't cure me with cutting edge technology because that wouldn't't be fair." Is such an unnatural and inhuman response that it could only be a contrived reason from the bat-embargo.

I prefer the character in these 2 images than now.. The Batgirl of burnside is stupid..

>Well these days she's basically a dumb twentysomething
No she isn't. Seriously, compare her to any other male superhero and Babs come out looking like a serious overachiever.

Does Sup Forums really hate Babs as a conceptualized character Or is it just New 52 millennial Babs?

user, she may be intelligent but if you don’t think new52 batgirl is emotionally stunted I don’t know what to tell you

She did get cured with cutting edge technology; what she turned down was supertech/magical cures as she felt that using them when no one else had access to them would be immoral. Though from what I can gather from DC comics there really aren't that many of those types of cures to begin with.

Sup Forums hated the Nu52 run because it was a dreary mess that wasn't goods. Sup Forums found the press and hype for the Burnside run obnoxious but the book itself to be mostly inoffensive and refreshingly light after Simone's run (as it was basically a soft reboot) for the first couple of stories. By the time the wedding issue came around and the shitshow over the Joker cover dropped Sup Forums had soured on the book as it was seen as having become creatively stagnant and dropping in quality.

>tfw you don't like incest, but this is somehow incredibly hot.

But can she defeat the cock?

The biggest slut is Lois Lane. Why Superman married her is beyond me. He basically boosted her ego. Be a slut and still marry Superman.

Superman made a massive step down.

what irks me is how transparently she cheats on clark. seriously, everybody in metropolis knows theres definitely something going on with her and superman.