Mainstream comics are not really for kids any more...

mainstream comics are not really for kids any more, i go through my comics to give to my sisters kids there is not one i would give them
what do u think of this Sup Forums
pic kinda related

Are you asking whether that's for kids? Because it was probably the first superhero comic in decades that WASN'T for kids

Get her some Marvel Adventures. The old kids line was better written then most the mainline and you can probably pick a bunch up cheap.

i use to read this its a lot of fun
nar i just pic a comic pic at random

Why should kids only read stuff for retarded babies? Give them what you think is good and they'll grow into it. I did.

Most of them are usually written for teen level cause they don't wanna simplify their writing to Y7 or lower levels.
And cause now days kids aren't spending their weekly allowance on a few magazines but rather movies or videogames or whatever the latest trend is (is it still fidget spinner? Or has it moved onto something new).

>Most of them are usually written for teen level
No. Most capeshits terribly written grammatical messes.

I think children nowadays are overprotected when it comes to the media they consume. 20 years ago kids were watching Robocop and Alien, and reading Heavy Metal or Lobo at his edgiest, nowadays Superman is apparently too harsh for them.
Fuckinbg hell, give kids a little credit.

Oh, the irony.

Which makes it par the course when compared to no capeshit, as well a books, movies, and other mediums.

Indeed. It's probably where the modern trend of superhero comics for older audiences started.

>overprotected
Tell me about it, I wanted to give my niece copies of the Hobbit and LotR, which I read in first grade, and my sister told me her daughter was too young for books like that.
Her kids are also not allowed to watch the Harry Potter movies because they're too "intense".

The plural of "medium" is "media".

Blame Rowling and her insistence that her books are for teenagers and not kids. Like it's fooling anyone paying attention.
How old are your sister's kids?
When I was like 10-12 y/o I was gifted a Stephen King book (by the same person who had previously gifted me the Hobbit/LotR). I didn't read it because I had little interest in horror, but at least I was trusted enough to get the option. Fuck what are kids who like horror doing these days rather than watching/reading shit like Goosebumps? Playing FNAF? Yeah, that's much better.

They're in 4th and 2nd grade.

""""""Medias"""""""

"Oh! The irony."
Oh, the irony sounds like forgot about the irony or sumthin tssss.

I think you mean (((media))).

Try that again in English.

not a necessary pluralization and also not really true.

Mediums is perfectly acceptable and in fact the more colloquially used term. But, nice try. Next time focus on anons point rather than trying to nit pick.

People barely use "medium" for the singular, let alone "mediums" for the plural.
I agree with the rest of his post so I saw no point in disputing it.

buy some fuckin boom box comics and shit

You could give them some books of silver age comics. Silver age Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, or Supergirl or Wonder Woman if they're girls... all of these are out in trades. Most superhero comics after the 70s were aimed more at teens or older. You could also get them some of the Carl Barks Scrooge/Donald Duck books which are perrennials that every generation of kids can enjoy. Bone by Jeff Smith is another go-to children's comic. And you could get them books of newspaper comics like Calvin & Hobbes or Li'l Abner.

Aged like milk

But op marvel and dc are not the only comics that exist, well neither soawn, nor hellboy and watchmen are an option, maybe your sister kid will like my little pony from IDW