Oh man, Hannelore is PISSED

Oh man, Hannelore is PISSED.

Other urls found in this thread:

questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=913
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>that attempt at perspective
Man, to think I used to regularly read this crap 8 years ago.

Hannelore's mom LITERALLY did nothing wrong. This page is asinine, as expected

Hanners used to be cute
Hell, her mom used to be cute
I hope Jeph "hack my hand off" Jaques has another stabbing episode.

>I hope Jeph "hack my hand off" Jaques has another stabbing episode.
How long have we been wishing for that now?

I always wondered about Hannelore's ears, she was introduced as a paranoid germophobe who didn't like being touched, but she has always had those multiple ear piercings

A lot longer than the robot lesbo happening

I don’t follow this but I am curious what happened?

She was introduced as a chainsmoking tough talking type but steadily morphed into the pastiche of someone with severe OCD because Jeph determined that characters find girls with mental problems endearing. He later retconned all the piercings as something she attempted to do in order to combat her fear of germs and infections.

Ellen DeGeneres' mom hired Toffee (pictured) for her as a personal assistant without telling her. They (Fudge uses they/them pronouns) were later revealed to be a corporate relations hire, hand-picked by Ellen DeGeneres Senior and put in a prestigious position (personal assistant to a barista) to appease Butterscotch's father. Mom-in-a-suit did this to secure his support to the Ellicott-Chatham conglomerate, which, much like any corporation that regularly buys out restaurants on the spot, routinely organizes missile launches and funds an on-demand orbital pizza delivery system, is in dire need of monetary assistance. Now Pierced OCD is mad as usual because she was used, and she is going NC with her NMom. There, now you're all caught up.

hanners is a spoiled little shit now....apparently

I still don't understand at all. That sounds retarded.

i have no idea why I still read this . . . . .

Welcome to QC

It's a consequence of trying to be quirky and irreverant but also wanting drama from the same source. This thing that's constantly played as a big joke is suddenly deathly serious even though every other time it was a gag on dicks or pizza or something.

Not to mention it also has that Jaques hipster morality of "Your parents suck if they inconvenience you in the slightest and you can drop them angrily whenever you want(but please give me money if I need it)".

Yes, DeGeneres Senior should have given her a call to keep her up to date, but giving her a temp worker is being treated as if it were an arranged marriage or something similarly extreme. Tilly was presumably compensated for her time and has a fancy resume entry now and that's basically all she probably cares about in the long run.

I still think this comic would be much more interesting if Hanners was main character from the start.

I mean, I bet it would divulge into the most boring kind of slice-of-life slash comedy as it is now, but at least it would have more of those interesting moments.

Honestly, I'm almost impressed that he hasn't done it or something like it again yet. Almost.

Wow, Hannelore's physical violence against a woman here is so empowering.

No it fucking wouldn't.

Non-meme answer: the girl with the piercings is Hannelore, heiress to a massive conglomerate which gave birth to modern strong AI. She lives an unassuming life as a barista, whereas her mother is a dynamic go-getter CEO. The mother hired Tilly to be her daughter's personal assistant, even though Hannelore explained that she has no use for a PA in her line of work. At first, everyone assumed that this was her mother being out of touch with the needs of regular folk, but then she revealed that hiring Tilly was a move meant to get in the good graces of her father, who is apparently a big name in the corporate world (we learn all this through exposition). Hannelore, in a decidedly non-Hannelore series of moves, flies out to confront her mother, asking her to never contact her again unless she does first. This is some very strange and sudden development for a girl with social anxiety and a host of other neuroses.

Now you know. If you don't find the above the slightest bit interesting, congratulations, you are sane. Now run.

>Yes, DeGeneres Senior should have given her a call to keep her up to date, but giving her a temp worker is being treated as if it were an arranged marriage or something similarly extreme.
While I agree that hiring somebody to be your PA without letting you know isn't the end of the world even though it's a bit dodgy to force your corporate politics on your children who have nothing to do with it, I feel we're missing the bigger picture here: being PA to a barista is one of the least prestigious positions there is.

Think about it: Hannelore is an absolute nobody, or at least she should be. She lived in a space station up until she was an adult and she used to count things for a living. She should be regarded as a curiosity at best. Yet every time someone meets her, it's as if they meet a goddess sent down from the heavens to grace Earth. Would you act like that if you met, say, Steven Hawking's daughter? Probably not, because you're not a character in QC.

Obviously, Hannelore's mom should have hired Tilly to be HER personal assistant to appease her dad, but then we wouldn't have the cool scene of Hannelore asserting her BOUNDARIES and going LOW-CONTACT with her OVERBEARING mother now, would we?

>Pretending Hanners doesn't have a trust fund that ends with 9 zeroes.

Neat, Jeph ruined his last likable character. Way to go.

Someone get Jeph off that soapbox.

I tell you what I would have done once I found out my minion was give the job as part of a buisness job. I would have told her/him to just stay home and collect paychecks. While I claim every so often that they are being a great help. I get the person out of my daily life and now they are taking advantage of the situation.

it is like no one in this comic has a sense of humor and can just go with it.

you know how Jeph is going to play this out. Hanners will be in sudden financial hardship because her mother had been supporting her the entire time. Tilly won't be her PA anymore, but will move in with Hanners to help pay the rent.

Yeah, but isn’t a prestigious position even if it’s well remunerated. She just has money but doesn’t have an official position in her mother’s company.

Hanners doesn't need a trust fund. Her parents are alive and well, and she's of age and financially independent.

>Financially independent
Where did you get that idea? She only has the barista job to give her something to do.

and before then she was doing accounting type work on a per contract basis. since it allowed her to stay in her apartment and avoid being around people.

hanners is totally living off her parents.

>30+ pages of quirky new character with bonus LBTQWERTY points for they/them pronouns
>2 pages of actual plot
If a large portion of the fanbase says you fucked up the pacing, you may have actually fucked up the pacing. But it's always nice to see the usual
>If you don't like it don't read it!
>Yes, we get it. You don't like Tilly.
Jeff could post a jar of mayo for two weeks and people would defend him.

If there were a just god the next page would be five panels of the mother smoothing her suit and panel six have her hitting a button on her desk to say:
"Freeze my daughters accounts until further notice and block her number. And recall the Winslow unit assigned to her."

There.

it's going to happen, not in any competent way. to justify Tilly become hanner's roommate as she has to find a real job. then hannerlore has to feel guilty because she ruined taffy's life. Winslow will have to get a paying job too, and may will mock him for being poor.

thanks Jeff, you just ruined the last character in this shitshow of a comic I cared about. now I can finally drop this pandering SJW-fest

>Yas Ellen, slay!

I'm going with "Hannelore's moment of triumph and character development and things like that" and therefore I doubt this will have any even slightly negative consequences for her apart from feeling sad and angry for a while.
Wait a minute... She cuts off HERSELF to establish her independence and then everything you said happens anyway. IT'S PERFECT! TILLY BECOMES A PART OF THE REGULAR CAST! SHE DATES WINSLOW! EVERYONE HUGS AND CLAPS! ENDLESS TRASH!
SCREENCAP THIS POST YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE

>hannelore's aryan profile
>her mom's big honking (((nose)))

>hannelore is righteous and looks out for others, and stands up to evil
>her mom is an evil money-grubber only looking out for herself and her best interests

Jeph is secretly redpilled. He just does the xis and xer shit to put liberals at ease, then starts dropping in the subtle reshaping of their minds through his crappy art.

>freeze accounts
Can you really freeze somebody's accounts if they don't work for you? I mean, she helps with the accounting crap, but that's a once in a while thing she does to help out, not to get paid (even if she is)
>recall the Winslow unit assigned to her
Wasn't that made by her dad?

I was rereading when Hanners was originally introduced and the start of Marten/Dora earlier and that seems to be how any of them would react back then

Funnily enough that was a series of jokes about how badly Marten would take finding out a sexual partner was transgender

Depends on how farther Hacks goes into it but aside from the coffee place they've always hinted she only worked or her family's company since it's Super Google-Apple. Plus she could still use the family bank account rather than her own for rent, etc.

>Winslow
Dad lives on a space station not wanting to deal with the day-to-day of the business. Mom is introduced by taming a robot horse and trying to metaphorically wed her family to another for business. I think Mom wouldn't give two shits about teaching a lesson and that's where we're going with Lolly becoming the new fuckbot.

Hanners Senior wasn’t introduced recently. She appeared a long time ago.

Is it wrong that angery Hanners is sexy to me?
I've never found someone sexy when angry before now, this is weird for me

I will take your word for it. I just remember the father lives on the space station that wants to fuck Hanners.

Oh. He traced the Robot Devil to make Suit Hannelore.

the devil's get

questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=913

We'd met Hannelore's mom ages ago; at the time she had a valuable epiphany about treating Hannelore like a daughter and showing that she loved her. In fact, this is but one of many complete character reversals that have occurred over the comic:

>Marten explicitly said he doesn't like anal
>Dora used to be the chill one
>Hannelore was cute
>Okay Faye has always been a bitch
>Raven and Steve used to appear

I forgot they all used to walk around with their necks at 90 degree angles.

Hannelore was never a good character. There haven't been any good characters in this comic for years.

What a cunt

Did you guys see the new QC QT yet? I hope in 4 years he does a comic where someone fucks her

>Marten explicitly said he doesn't like anal

This is not something you disown family for.

Yes she deserved to be called out on her shit for using her daughter for personal gain, but jesus Christ han all she did was get you an assistant, that's it.

we need more best girl

Because in webcomics like these, people aren't right or wrong. They're RIGHT or WRONG. And Hannelore is a cute sweet fan favorite character and so she's RIGHT. She can react whatever way Jeff likes and everybody will defend her, because her mom was mean and WRONG.

I think if I rolled my eyes any harder they'd pop

I want to see Hanners dance

That's Jeph Hacks for you

But but, she did business stuff! She had someone go be an assistant for her daughter as a favor to the girl and her family!
That’s worse than Hitler!
She also probably doesn’t know Tilly’s Pronouns

Say what you will, but this page actually has potential for some fun edits

>I know Jeph is probably going to write some redeeming arc for Hannelore's mother, but it would actually make sense if she didn't learn anything. She is an owner of a huge corporation and irl a noticeable percentage of such people are psychopaths. That's why they're so good at their job. So I wouldn't be surprised if her mother was like that too.
That's from the QC reddit. I'm monitoring the response to the arc on several places because apparently I have nothing better to do.
But anyway, isn't there some middle ground between "the reason you're not a millionaire yourself is because you're just fucking dumb and lazy" and "all rich people are are immoral sith lords who climbed a mountain of corpses to the top"?

I really don’t get this whole thing. Tilly wanted the job because it would look great on a resume. Is Hanners really upset that she did something for a “bad” reason that literally benefitted EVERYONE involved?

Yes
Hanners is a moralfag
Sad

I'll never be happy until Marigold and Momo fuck.

Dale and Marigold were pretty much written out, it seems.

Not really because its pretty easy to be a millionaire with some sacrifice and marginally smart investments in your future. Go above million and then it starts becoming an unreasonable statement.

Its almost as if this comic was written by a talentless hack!

Why does she look like a man now?

As soon as she gets back, Hannelore will find out her bank account is empty, that she's been evicted, and Winslow has been repo'd

was that counting job mentioned during the first 30 strips she was in or after she changed to real Hanners

it could be completely non canon if so

he only said he wouldn't be the hot dog, he didn't mention being the doughnut

Big Business People Bad. There we go, Jeff Jack's running 'theme' for the next few months.

of course not, this is sjw world, where the actions of a sjw have no negative consequences.

Hanners does freelance counting and barista-ing. She doesn't work for her family, and is independent.

Hanner's is kinda like Mark from Rent. Basically a tourist of the common life, pretending to struggle from paycheck to paycheck.

She's even got the same arc where fortune & fame's basically handed to her, but she rejects it because she doesn't want to be part of The System.

>Sven was the bad guy
I am still mad

She needs to fuck the robot soon.

Wait... was the personal assistant a bomb or something in just the one or two comics? I can't imagine why this response is happening.

Liquid, I love this, but where were you when we needed you?

I've been in every thread since jeph started up with this Tilly sidestory business. I drew like one thing of her but I didn't post it here. Besides, I've been on hiatus due to severe artist block for months.

The other Barista's are financially independent and she has Winslow to help make ends meet.

But that doesn't matter. I GUARANTEE the moment Jeph thinks it's clever she'll be on the rocks.

She still has her also unrealistically rich father in his space station. And he's the one who invented the AI stuff and (presumably) holds all the patents.

So her inheritance has gone from half the global economy to a third of it.

>angry at mother because nepotism got Taff the job as assistant
>ok with nepotism getting her job at coffee house

Damn, way better.

I think Hanners tried to get Taffy to do exactly that, but Tilly said “oh i can’t do that! It would be dishonest!” So that idea was addressed, but Toffee is too retarded to go through with it.

Yeah, I haven’t seen May in forever.

>Jeph is probably going to write some redeeming arc for Hannelore's mother

Why the fuck would they think that? Do they not read the comic? Or do they think a weak single page of suddenly ‘oh you’re right I’m sorry let’s be friends’ counts as a redemption arc? Because it’s either that, or they’re evil and every character takes a turn spitting in their face before storming off, with everything neatly wrapping up and no need to speak of it again while we enter a new chapter of introducing another new character across town.

I think the counting thing came up while she was still a smoker tough girl. I think it was the whole counting thing that later morphed into her OCD and gave us Hanners 2.0.

I haven't read QC in two years, I would have never recognized the two characters in the OP as Hanners and her Mom if people hadn't mentioned it in the thread.

How is Jeph getting EVEN WORSE than he was two years ago?

Lmao

>But anyway, isn't there some middle ground between "the reason you're not a millionaire yourself is because you're just fucking dumb and lazy" and "all rich people are are immoral sith lords who climbed a mountain of corpses to the top"?

Why would there be? The second sentence is completely accurate.

See you next week!

>But anyway, isn't there some middle ground between "the reason you're not a millionaire yourself is because you're just fucking dumb and lazy" and "all rich people are are immoral sith lords who climbed a mountain of corpses to the top"?
The middle ground between killing all the children and not killing all the children isn't killing half of the children. There's a right, and there's a wrong.

So how does everyone want this arc to end?
I want Hanners' mom to get sad her daughter doesn't love her and shoot herself in the head in front of Faye

Calling it: Emily is the next character to disappear forever now that she has exhausted her pixie magic in that Bubbles' brain storyline.

I want Hanners’s mom to get sad she doesn’t love her and them shoot Tilly in the head.