Chinese makes a parody. It's freaking hilarious. The rip offs are so blatant

Chinese makes a parody. It's freaking hilarious. The rip offs are so blatant.

youtube.com/watch?v=Aq4Hsb7G-Ew

WAsn't this a web series first?

this doesnt look good at all

5 or 10 years and those people wil start doing some really decent stuff, think about what where them a couple of years ago and how are they now if their people had some more creativity...

>5 or 10 years and those people wil start doing some really decent stuff
said people ten years ago

Fact is, as much of an economic powerhouse that country is, China is still quite shit when it comes to cartoons and films, and probably will always be this way.

literal chinsese cartoon.

Why is Thor a dog?

they literally cant think for themselves so no.

It doesnt matter if they have the resources, they lack te will to do stuff.
You would think after how well kungfu panda did they would try to improve but nope.

>Thor: Ragnarok meets Guardians of the Galaxy

I dunno, looks pretty fun.

I

t. someone who has never been to China

it's funny how it's always amerifats hating on the Chinese when China is pretty much an Eastern version of America

>they literally cant think for themselves so no.
You should check small door gods.

It's quite nice.

>Listing a buch of awards
>Ending with "we have none"

Okay, that got me

Chinese people ARE creative. The problem is how overly regulated their entertainment industry is. Literally everything can be censored by the government, and you will lose the huge investment you made in it. And it isn't just sex or violence either that gets censored either, the censorship is extremely discretionary for the censor, and seems arbitrary at times, like they just flip a coin to decide. That's why you've had the same romantic comedy genre repeat over and over again in Chinese movies for the last decade; they see it isn't getting censored, so they follow the leader. It isn't lack of creativity, it's an attempt to not get singled out. Like a group of cars that are all speeding, but they think, we are like a school of fish, the cop won't stop me because he cannot choose which car to stop; but if I'm speeding alone, of course I will get a speeding ticket. Who would risk their time and money creating something new, when you aren't sure if you'll even be allowed to sell it?
>Giant monster destroying cities?
>"why wan't the monster obliterated 1000KM from the Chinese border? are you suggesting that the People's Liberation Army can't adequately defend China? CENSORED!"
>Time travel plot?
>"But this will make viewers think about the possibility of going back in time and undoing the communist revolution. CENSORED!"
>Foreign film is very popular in China?
>"Pull it from the theaters! It's taking in too much money and seizing market share from domestic films!"

sometimes they'll censor seemingly random stuff like Winnie the Pooh, but it turns out that chinese people were talking about Pooh to get around the censorship on talking about the Chinese leader Xi Jinping; so maybe there is more reason to the weird things that they censor in other cases too.

chinese can be creative, its just communism has brainwashed them in to thinking that individualism will fuck up your carreer.
And chinks are all about making it big, study hard, work hard, die rich.

>>Foreign film is very popular in China?
>>"Pull it from the theaters! It's taking in too much money and seizing market share from domestic films!"
iirc, this happened with Avatar (the blue alien Pocahontas one, not the element bending one.).

i thought it was because the Chinese have little legal repercussions for violating copyright

>One hundred thousand bad jokes

Honestly that's probably the best tag line I've seen in a while. would also work for guardians of the galaxy or any other marvel movie

the first movie had good parts. I don't know about this one.

Oh boy can't wait for the endless adaption of C-Novels where the protag goes around raping everyone

A parody of what?

Long story short, what you're telling me is that they're creative, but censorship doesn't allow their potential.

In that case we'll never see anything good from them.

So, what's the benefit of you defending their creativity when we'll never see their creativity? I only care about what I can see. Truth still is, they only produce copycats.

maybe if they can get past the chinese censors. Before then I doubt they're do anything creatively significant.