This kind of scene would never happen in the MCU, why are they so weak? I saw this movie when I was like 11...

This kind of scene would never happen in the MCU, why are they so weak? I saw this movie when I was like 11, and I grew up on much worse, is soft parenting to blame or just Disney?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBY6xGtzBNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hqdiDJ1hqxU&feature=youtu.be&t=22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

While it was cool looking and everything, I also thought it was kinda stupid.

because they want to sell the movies to literal 4 year olds and to every country on earth that might have tighter regulations on movie violence

Where is the blood and guts? Atleast in the MCU Elektra slice a child soldiers throats off.

It's a piercing wound, there isn't much that can spill and leaving the object in actually slows bleeding

youtube.com/watch?v=DBY6xGtzBNQ

One, this

Two, why is it so important to you that your brightly colored, morally unambiguous characters literally and actually designed to sell toys, not be for kids?
Why do you need to justify your likes an hobbies in the public eye?
What are you, 12?
If superheroes don't have enough blood and guts for you, there's plenty of other things that do. Don't punish the industry for your inability to grow up

I don't want My Little Pony to have gore, just like I don't want capeshit to be dumbed down for kids, because when I WAS a kid nothing in any pre mcu movie was "too dark"' , dumbing down is never good and there is a time and place for everything, I do not think all media needs to be full of violence, but some of it should

It was a pretty good demonstration of Rogue's power to steal other powers

I'll never understand why people are so enamored with the first two X-Men movies.
I always found them to be pretty damn bland. I guess they paved the way for the comic book movies we have today and had pretty good actors, but Singer is such a boring filmmaker. I thought maybe it would be due to limitations set by the studio, but Days of Future Past was also strangely lifeless and by the numbers for such an over-the-top concept.

The people that actually pushed the envelope with the X-Men are James Mangold, Matthew Vaughn and even Noah Hawley on tv.

Aside from being early to the game and technically not embarrassing himself, Singer did very little (apart from underage boys).

wrong

It is quite simple really, there was a sense of drama that you never had to suspend disbelief for, yes you know the heroes will win, but they made it seem like they could also lose

MCU movies are just fluff now, they didn't start out that way but they have been fluff since phase 2

>I'll never understand why people are so enamored with the first two X-Men movies.

Because at the time, big blockbuster Superhero movies were a rare and special treat, instead of something you saw 4-6 times a year.
And X-Men was something new and different for the general audience. I don't think there was ever a big live action team movie. It was always solo heroes like Batman and Superman. Maybe a sidekick or two tagging along.

Plus, the movie did have some godtier casting choices. I mean, some were bad, but Hugh Jackman owned the Wolverine role and made it his own, and Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart were both perfect as Magneto and Xavier.

youtube.com/watch?v=hqdiDJ1hqxU&feature=youtu.be&t=22

>there was a sense of drama
A sense of melodrama you mean.
It was always kind of a soap opera. And even the Raimi Spider-Man movies did that a lot better.

I never felt the tension you were speaking of. Especially the whole WE POOR OSTRACIZED MUTANTS got real old, real fast. They're ensemble movies where most of the ensemble has almost no personality. The Wolverine, Logan and Legion tell more personal stories and that makes them way more interesting for me.

This is from The First Avenger, right? Wasn't it produced by Paramount?
Same goes for Avengers 1 I think.

Senator Kelly making death sounds and imploding was far more tension building than anything in a MCU movie or those crappy kid spider flicks. As was the fucking opening scene of the movie at a concentration camp, it tells you bad things happen in this movie, thats why the heroes are important to begin with

Nobody cares if the heroes win in MCU flicks, they just want to know what the next sequel will be because the badguys are always inconsequential

In The Winter Soldier, Captain America got shot like 2 times

Quicksilver got shot like 20 times and he died

Ultron splattered Strucker all over the fucking wall

Zemo was going to shoot himself in the head

at the time it made sense bc we had so much shit. they don't hold up though and DOFP and Apocalypse are garbage

Daffy Duck got his mouth shot off too. Please don't be this stupid.

>Because at the time, big blockbuster Superhero movies were a rare and special treat

Marvel and DC alone had 14 Superhero movies between 2000 and 2005, the X1 and X2 period.
That's not even counting all the non-Big 2 films.

Fuck, there were over 30 Superhero movies in the 1990's. Wtf are you smoking?

It was also retarded that everyone would freak out about Wolverine's saftey when he's the murder machine

>And X-Men was something new and different for the general audience. I don't think there was ever a big live action team movie

I think they were on their 3rd TMNT movie by then, weren't they?

Yeah, but I meant what happened afterwards. IIRC, they were mad at Rogue, so she ran away.

Before X-Men superhero movies were a bad thing because of how the Batman franchise tanked, sure you had your Blades and Spawns, but they were accepted because they were anti traditional heroes in spandex saving the world while quipping

The TMNT sequels were aimed at like 6 year olds....

>Before X-Men superhero movies were a bad thing because of how the Batman franchise tanked
Batman and Robin to X-Men is slightly less than three years, 1997 to 2000.
Listen, I understand you don't have a clue what you are talking about, it's not that uncommon here.
But please, cut it out.

It's like you are trying to build a Tower of Stupid, but TMNT was rated PG, it wasn't a children's show.

Yes, and during those three years they developed a "serious" X-Men movie that was not a campy queer joke, what even is your point darling?

>pg
>not for kids
I would hate to see the mormon cult you grew up in

Soft parenting.
And Disney is to blame for soft parenting.