I wasn't in the country or politically aware back in 2000

I wasn't in the country or politically aware back in 2000.

Anyone here remember how things were when Bush beat Gore?
Were things this crazy or were liberals still crying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pre 9/11 was quite literally a different world. People weren't hysterical about EVERYTHING.

politics wasn't as partisan as it is now

Conservatives were still faggots.

So then we actually are treading new waters here?

I'm honestly more fascinated on how things are going to go from here with how divisive everything has been.

Wasn't neeeeearly this bad.

Pre 9/11 media wasn't as frantic and doomsaying

It's always been frantic and fearmongering but not nearly to today's extent

>mexeEDof
you have to go back

Well, there was the Florida shit storm but other then that it wasn't anywhere near the level of division it is now. You can thank Obongo for all that fyi

i dont really remember what anything was like before 9/11 any more tbqh

Jesus back then we didn't have ANY SJWs at all.

Video games were good too and right-wing mostly.

Where I lived in CA was actually Republican as well.

I think everyone wishes for pre 9/11 days.

no it was just annoying because it took forever with all of gores bitching about chad and recounts

Liberals were still crying and literally still doing their own media sponsored recounts of Florida right up to 9/11.

That shit only got put on pause because there was a real chance they'd actually be killed for opposing the overwhelming air of belligerent patriotism after the attacks.

9/11 was the day America died.

I'm hoping Trump is a necromancer.

this, the internet didnt exist so media lies were really, truthfully what people believed were reality

Yeah, it was a nail biter, but not as crazy. People kept their fucking cool then.

I never liked Bush though, and never supported him. He was a pretty bad president desu.

The internet really is an echo chamber; nobody needs to be polite anymore. One surrounds ones self with like-minded people, and the new game (instead of civility) is to be as shrill and loud and caustic as possible. This is the new measure of worth.

Everyone under voting age in 2001 please fuck off.

Except for the lack of social media to bring us such ready access, it was every bit as bad. Worse possibly because we also lacked those channels of unfiltered information from our fellow right wingers.

Jesus, they broke the law in Florida to get an extra recount, which would have already been stopped because it was also being held illegally per Federal standards. The shit was interminable and the left has never accepted the results of an election they lost since.

Fig. 1

The whole thing was comedy gold. The hanging chad fiasco was some of the finest reality TV ever produced.

/r9k/ids don't remember when the media talked about "hanging Chads" for months.

Beta uprising when?

Ralph Nader was the third party candidate who was slandered by the media non-stop for speaking against the establishment.

I was in 11th grade. Bush was my choice as a young lad. I thought Gore was full of shit. Bush ran on the conservative vote and won the electorals. Proceed to see 8 years of cronyism and war. It wasn't what we wanted. Lost some good friends in our foreign interventions. Yesterday I voted for Trump to avoid a repeat of my past.

>the left has never accepted the results of an election they lost since.
Aye, this is kinda what I've been curious about.

My family is all pretty hardcore left.
I'm more moderate, but still left leaning.
But I still can't get over how crazy my mom and sister's sound as they go on about the doom and gloom and how much they HATE that "hate won".

Absolute worst is how my mom, who is from a conservative family and thinks she's so above them and progressive, was saying she hated Melania being the first lady because she was "a whore".

I'm just curious how Trump will handle things and want to see what happens next.

fpbp. I can't express how true this is. Doubles too, checked my man.

Underrated post

I was 21 and in college when the 2000 election happened. No, things weren't this bad. No where even close. And we didn't know who was going to be president for weeks since the election was challenged and the decision had to go all the way to the SCOTUS. Of course, political correctness was no where near the levels back then compared to today.

There were liberals crying about florida, but I don't remember anything like this tho. I suppose it's worst since every fuckface can cry about it on twitter to other fuckfaces now and they can go meetup to ruin stuff fast.

I remember it feeling pretty good when Bush came out on top. Finally the Republicans have a turn at the drivers seat! Or so I thought anyway, and it was based on a Bush that campaigned like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc

In the end he turned out to be a lying sack of shit though. I really hope history wont repeat with Trump in charge.

There was a dude who stood in the middle of the town street with a sign for weeks.
It said something about the end of democracy & path of doom on it.
I basically ignore
8 months later it was 911

I remember the news had constant coverage, but was working and in high school and nobody seemed to give a shit.

I can spin you tales about 1988, 1992 and 1996 as well. All media lies, mass hysteria and bullshit.

The only difference today is the mass access to social media. You can see each and every one of these little caustic shit fits, and now both sides have a voice.

The Democrats didn't exactly have a great track record before 2000 on election fraud or outright refusing the accept the results of an election, but that was all on the politicos, not average democrats.

Post-2000 regular everyday liberals think two presidential elections were stolen from them and everyone they've ever talked to reinforces it.

The year long multi-million dollar media sponsored Florida Recount? It confirmed Bush won and would have won had the illegal recount halted by the SC been completed. Shake a roll of tinfoil and you'll have several people who can explain how diebold stole the 2004 election for Bush too.

This. Don't get me wrong. Bush was terrible piece of shit, and he very nearly killed the GOP. But 2000 was every bit this nasty. Elections have been this nasty since, at least, 1960. More likely, since forever.

This.
It's where the Democrat's unhealthy fixation on the popular vote started, because apparently they stopped teaching what the fuck the function of the Electoral College is and what the fuck a Republic is in school.

Faggot Gore still goes around introducing himself as the REAL 43rd President of the United States.

Chris Matthews blew up about it during an interview with Ted Cruz during the Republican primary when the Supreme Court was brought up. That's all it took to TRIGGER a liberal. They are still fucking driven to insanity almost 20 years later.

>Selected Not Elected
>muh hanging chads

Soros and MoveOn were a response to Bush; they were more active in the 2008 election and beyond.

Another overriding theme that year. Who gives a fuck? Both candidates sucked. A better candidate and the race wouldn't have been close.

Pre-2000 John McCain might have been amazing then. He became the two-faced amnesty and media loving sack of shit we know now after Bush beat him the 2000 Primary (when by long tradition, it was his turn).

It wasn't this crazy but there was a stir. Protesting has been, in general, a lot more intense this decade.

The thing with Bush is that people didn't see him as an existential threat the way they do Trump. My FB feed is full of people afraid for their lives because they think Trump = day of the rope for minorities.

>Hanging Chads

Wait, so we're getting a new super jew from this election then?

Does a super jew get his sheckles every time a Republican is elected?

There was plenty of bitching and gnashing of teeth, but I don't recall riots in the streets and demands for revolution.

>Protesting has been, in general, a lot more intense this decade.
(((Soros)))

Very true statement.

It was more legal battle since there was no clear winner. Finally once it was declared that Bush won FL it just died down. Thanks to social media people, special snowflake mentality, and media people just freak out more and can gather protest.

MoveOn was started to respond to the Clinton impeachment in the late 1990's.

You can win an argument with any liberal who was of voting age in 2000 that way. Side-track on the 2000 election and be ready with the citations.

Instant hilarious sputtering rage.

>Were things this crazy or were liberals still crying?

Yes shit was crazy. It felt like there wouldn't be an acceptance in the election but the dems didn't fight it so it was accepted. It was one of the closest elections in American history, FAR closer than this election. The fucking supreme court stepped in to stop the recount for fuck sake.

I was in california and people were about what they are now, republicans and democrats, minus these "protests".

I don't know what state these guys are from
But dems definitely feared Bush because he just seemed so stupid and election seemed rigged. Back then was also the tail end of the PC area so there was plenty of SJW shit going on, only it wasn't so clear cut. Christians were a heavy part of it. One of the biggest differences I can remember that isn't about this or that candidate or this and that policy was religion. The evangelical vote seemed really important, but I can't remember why. Maybe it was the Clinton sex scandal. I definitely remember that Clinton did not run with Gore because they wanted to distance themselves from the scandal. I think Gore would also talk about how much he loved his wife or something.

Oh, Nader and the Green party were also a thing.

I repeat

Protests ten years ago was mostly drum circles and paper mache puppets.

He's not wrong about it being "pretty crazy" with intense media coverage and stuff but you are also correct in that if there were any protests they were muted and on the fringe, not what we're seeing now.

The difference is social media. It's given the vocal minority, the 1% of people who literally don't know how or when to shut the fuck up about anything EVER a free platform to manufacture drama and fuel their all-consuming self importance.

There were riots in Florida. Every comedian alive did jokes about it for a year and more.

We haven't even touched on the media's actual attempt to rig the election that year. Or how that was the end of the gentlemen's agreement not to push exiting polling results out to the public until the polls were closed in a state.

The Democrats fought like hell. They didn't accept shit. They've obfuscated the facts surrounding the third, completely illegal Florida recount so that it's nearly impossible to reconstruct what occurred with using print materials from the period.

Nope and for several reasons.

> 1.) Not in the cards to stage mass riots or anything of that nature because the entire establishment supported Bush and Gore was the "fall guy" (just like many have been before and after except this election where something very special happened). Gore's payout seems to be missed by many and that as his complete fear driven and monetized off of "global warming". Do you guys really think the Bush's didn't operate a "Pay2Play" system? Get real fags, that's where the Clinton's learned (and sloppily may I add) the "game".

> 2.) This is the frank fucking truth but minority groups weren't anywhere near as emboldened or this big in numbers. The "white" liberal cucks and sluts you see leading these campaigns were still more or less shitting their pants before they went through the most rigorous indoctrination programs since Soviet or Nazi era Germany.

3.)This is more of a coniutation but the idea to be open to all gender titles or whatever the fuck you're calling created a gigantic dissonance with reality which now looks at the slightest questioning of reasoning for their decision making process is either racist, misogynistic "you name it".

Essentially we're living in a rush job of a New World Order brought to us by a bunch of oldfags who worship gay animal deities and want to see the fruits of their labor pay off.

Instead they've brought an end to a project that's been in the works for a very long time.

Talk about being BTFO. Praise kek.

Social media and the internet have brought out the worst of people just like in the election. The entire democrat campaign was just an attack on trump, they had no actual platform. MSM fearmongering at an all time high

That's social media upping the ante. It's trendy as fuck to get in on these things.

The regular media have been ginning up the mob over the past 16 years as well, but the entire Bush presidency was this sort of madness.

In 2000, honestly, if it occurred I'd have expected it to be downplayed because it made the left look bad. Now, mob action is trendy as fuck so it's being played up.

Nobody cried and many shrugged it off thinking nothing would really change. They were mad about the Florida thing and the popular vote meaning nothing.

Bush was a cuckservative RINO neocon and Gore would have probably been better. Gore would not have had the free time to become the spokesman for global warming. 9/11 would have still happened since that was Clinton era instigated and also Israel-related. There would be no stimulus (free money but you pay for it eventually). There would be no Iraq war and the economy would not have been nearly as shitty because of it. But Gore would have elected two liberal SCOTUS justices though and that would be a huge problem so it is what it is.

No, they weren't. The religion of the left hadn't made nearly as many fanatics as it has now.

>The difference is social media.
Aye, the internet seems to be a huge part of things.

Read a book once for a class that kinda went into this idea that the internet and modern technology together have given mankind a "cognitive surplus"

Basically, those with the tech have more free time and more tools to do crazy shit together through the internet.
Basically, Sup Forums is a huge example of cognitive surplus.

What that book didn't mention but I think is kinda pertinent here, is that the country folk don't really benefit from the same cognitive surplus.
They don't have the same kind of free time and internet spread.
Maybe that's part of why things have gotten so divided and echo-chamber-y.

not the same at all. typical election. some people were mildly butthurt for a day

Yeah. Pretty much this. Happens when you can't gut a bitch who is being uncivilized. There is a reason that the politest societies in history usually had easy access to weapons and large populations.

They are still crying about it. Liberals bitch any time things don't go their way. It is almost like no one else's opinion matters or counts. How 'liberal' of them.

Who else remembers November 8th 2000?
All the Gore fags were like
>TROLOLOL BUSH IS FINISHED

December Sup Forums is always comfiest. I still remember the Gon memes.

Age is the other obvious factor here. Screws with the historical perspective a lot.

No amount of knowing about 1984 will replicate for me the understanding of the conditions for someone who was an adult that year and actively participating in the election.

See this again, and again. Variations on the theme of I wasn't old enough to be there. Has no idea the decision wasn't made until mid-December.

A person's historical perspective is tied ineluctably to the date of their birth.

Agreed; and they were by real people. These protests you are seeing right now are organized by NFPs funded by Soros.

It's part of it but therein lies the problem. How many splinter groups now have power to influence major movements/events in time?

I don't care what any fag here tells me. Sup Forums, the_donald subreddit (filtered and more digestible format of Sup Forums and info from the "deep web", think of it as a conduit), Wikileaks, Rogue Alphabet Agents, Hannity, Dobbs, and PVeritas got Donald Trump elected into the Presidency of the United States.

We are literally the Continental U.S Army of 2016 and even bigger in numbers for obvious reasons.

Not to mention we definitely had help from posters from other countries who put in good work here and there.

Our operation/movement/happening/event had the moral and pragmatic edge that any person with any analytical sense in them would have understood. They would have also recognized the importance of the true continuity of the United States and not this shit anime filler the Clinton, Bush's and Obongo were offering with their weird Sailor Moon owl bull fag deity and shit. Fuck that. We want the God, KEK, and the God Emperor true canon shit.

We want the good stuff nigga.

3 straight seasons of filler anime. FUUUUUUUUARK

Praise kek.

What was the Brooks Brothers Riot?
What year was MoveOn.org formed?

Ten years ago is the heart of Soros country. Anti-War movement was a goldmine for them. Full of aging ex-hippies and 40 million liberals who all wanted to get to be as awesome and powerful as the media has convinced them them the 1960's Anti-War movement was.

Al Sharpton might have invented the rent-a-mob back in the 1980's except for accusations that some Republicans invented in the early 1970's.

Welcome to politics. Don't get to worked up about it, it's always been this way. The barriers to entry have just changed.

Sup Forums lacked the money, but substituted 1,000's of hours of donkey work and a ton of subversive social media expertise.

Whats the same:

All the liberals crying that its the end of the world and the new president is a moron.

Whats new:

Gay people and people with health insurance afraid they will lose it

Whats really new:
The wall

Why:
George Bush thought Gay people were not a threat, just funny.

He also thought he could just win Hispanics over by compromising that Jesus was Jesús and wanted the cheap labor, too.

Also health insurance was like lol your poor you arent getting health insurance.

Yeah, I was there.... at least we don't have the month of uncertainty about who was the winner... and this is a lot funnier.

Love the liberal tears... they were SO certain.

Before normies used the internet and the virtue signalling craze started, the world was very normal.

It was the television age. Now we are in the internet age.

>Now, mob action is trendy as fuck so it's being played up.

Exactly. The mainstream media also is in a state of shock for basically blowing the election forecast too, so covering these lame-ass protests is a nice distraction from owning up to what has really been a very embarrassing year for the press.

>What that book didn't mention but I think is kinda pertinent here, is that the country folk don't really benefit from the same cognitive surplus.
>They don't have the same kind of free time and internet spread.

You're completely right. Social media activists and the SJW types are disproportionately vocal across the internet and its various social media platforms because our society has created an "elite" class of over-educated, technically skill-less self-loathing whites with nothing better to do than sow the seeds of identity politics class warfare and be general rabble rousing shitheads. It's the lowest common denominator of political discourse, but its what you do when you can't run on facts or philosophy. (I mean shit, the left in the US has known they couldn't win the war of ideas for years, that's why they've been sandbagging elections by letting left leaning third worlders in since the 1960s. Watch Molyneux's video on immigration from a few weeks ago for the hard data if curious.)

Anyway, you can bet if Hillary pulled out the win this wouldn't be the reaction from Republican voters. The rural Christian mom that voted for Trump in Wisconsin that's raising four kids, the police officer that voted for Trump in Ohio, the farmer that voted for Trump in Iowa... those people have to get up for work in the morning no matter who's taking office in January.

Bush wasn't viewed as a buffoon in the election like Trump was, so liberals were less butthurt when he won.

>He's still on his parents insurance.
>Def hasn't seen the enrollment rates.
>Penalty isn't even close to exceeding the costs now.

And where the fuck is all this fag-baiting bullshit coming from? Trump has been excellent on actual gays, and even took flack for coming down on the side of trannies (fake gays piggybacking because they are too fucking crazy to form their own movement).

>there was no internet in 2000

What the fuck are you talking about you fucking idiot?

>This might be the uninformed child comment king of the thread.

Gonna be hard to top that ignorant shit.