Invincible #143 Storytime

In which Mark refuses to talk to his rape kid

I was in the middle of making OP for the storytime man

even when he's emperor of all Freddies, your dad is never cool

>"You're under obligation to speak to the progeny of your rape."
Eve just going whole hog before the series ends.

>Literally everyone but Lady of Rape survived
Goddamn guess she got unlucky huh

Do you have to spoil every comic?

>Mark have I mentioned how everything is your fault lately?

rip friendship

Eve goddammit, shut your mouth

>Understood. Farewell
Here we fucking go. Also
>You're a better leader than a friend...and that's okay.
"NO!", there was literally no reason for any of the duplicity Allen has demonstrated. He's honestly a few notches below Rudy and Dinosaurus in orchestrating shit impulsively and then shrugging when it hurts others and proved unnecessary. I don't dislike him really, but he is a bad leader and friend.

What was weird about Terra, didn't they just fuck?
I don't actually remember

perfect chance to ask them HOW THEY'RE EVEN ALIVE AFTER MARK'S BROTHER KILLED THEM but nope

>Mark I need you to GTFO of my planet
>Even though living on earth is the only thing that guarantees Viltrumites learn to love and refuse their bloodthirsty ways
>He's right Eve, let's go

Wait Mark what are you doing are you doing what I think you will

>humans aren't on the brink of extinction
>
>there's so many of us now

make up your goddamm mind!

And the letters, in which Kirkman admits that he left this arc exactly as is instead of changing it up a bit to better fit a series finale. It's why this issue felt like just another issue, instead of feeling like it was leading up to an amazing climax next (final) issue.

What she’s saying is that there’s no reason to ever have to explain your child’s conception to them

Mark make a baby with eve under the promise he would quit super-heoring. 5 minute later he got stuck in an other dimension for 9 months.

Well it's pretty obvious that Kirkman's bored of writing this and just wants to wrap it up as soon as he can, satisfying ending be damned.

Probably happened around the same time he realized he wouldn't be able to peddle this as a TV series like he could with The Walking Dead.

technically it can be both.

let's say there's 1000 of them. Barely enough of them if they were all grouped in one settlement, it can legally be called a town. That's considered endangered but if they're all at least 1/4 as strong as Mark, that's a lot of damage they can do

The whole reason they were put on Earth was to hold humanity hostage though.
And they've got all the love and happiness now, it's not like they need human oversight

>We're not going with you.
Oh no doubt, if Mark knows what's best for monarchies and Terra, a few people need to disappear.

Still, I'm sure down the road some viltrumites won't miss their "glory days of conquest" and start shit up again. If Earth can calm down such urges even out of Nolan it can do the same for all of them. Also Mark grew up on Earth, it's his home, why is he so okay with leaving it forever?

Kirkman's a hack, what else is new?

Nolan was one guy, Thragg's gang was a dozen or so. Now there's hundreds, they could get a supremacist thing going easily and blow Earth up with their infighting

It's not true

So I know Kirkman probably not gonna do this but any chance he could get these guys to clone rape babies mom?

I hope next issue has actual stuff happening in it.

F

>I hope the FINAL issue has actual stuff happening in it.
Only one left mate.

I don't think leaving or travelling with the clone of a rapist is the best idea.

FINAL ISSUE FINAL FIGHT

BLACK DAD VERSUS MARK THE VILTRUMITE EMPEROR

This pretty much which is why he sent it to Seth SJW Rogan which will probably muddy it up and shit all over the lore.

That guy has a lot of balls to stand up to the strongest person on the planet.

>in which Kirkman admits that he left this arc exactly as is instead of changing it up a bit to better fit a series finale
Is this what a perpetually contrarian comic book fan looks like? Getting THAT message from Kirkman's response? He says specifically that he always planned this ending. What the hell is your point? That he didn't change it as he was writing it in order to address disappointments the audience MIGHT have?

If it was just a couple hundred of them, that would be one thing but it's a couple hundred thousand. This is just incompatable. If they don't leave they'll just put humans at risk.

I am not sure I am agreeing with this. In this universe, Earth got plethora of super villains and super heroes fighting each other at a daily basis. if anything, an army of viltrumite under MArk's order would stabilise things.

>Also Mark grew up on Earth, it's his home, why is he so okay with leaving it forever?

It isn't even the first time he does that

Robot killed all the supervillains

oh shit! penultimate chapter!

Mark as a teen could steamroll over most of Earth's heroes and villains, Nolan by himself killed the whole NOT justice league, what Earth had does not come close to the strengh level of Viltrumites. Hundreds of them on Earth would bring stability? Yes, simply because there isn't a force on Earth that could opose to them, and the planet would move to wherever they wanted to

and that's counting for more than just earth, too!

Sorry for wanting something interesting? At this point all we're getting next issue is marky stays, time skip, marky grows up to be the new invincible. Mark and eve go on to be the greatest emperor ever. Everyone lives happily ever after. The end. You're telling me kirkman had NO other interesting arcs planned besides this? I guess he really was out of ideas at this point. He could have brought the space tentacles back, they did say Mark would face dire consequences for refusing the retcon

>it's a couple hundred thousand
read the issue again, but slower this time.

HAND THROUGH THE CHEST! PROBLEM SOLVED!

IT'S THE VILTRUMITE WAY!

I hope he punches his heart out and throws his corpse in the trash bin that it all started with

Sure,your fanfiction woul be miles better than the ending the author had in mind

This would be great
>I understand your choinces, I know you won't change your mind...
>But I can't allow this
>IMPALED BY HIS ARM

>We can't stay, altering Earth's demographics will change the culture and lose what makes it special.
When did Mark get redpilled?

You know, I just love the hand trough body thing, is such a better and more realistic demostration of super strengh than the "send someone flying eith a punch" that every other comic does. Help me out here to make a list of everyone who got that finish move

Nolan on the immortal
Nolan on the viltrumite who tested mark
Unamed Viltrumite on Alen
Conquest on Eve
Conquest on Mark
Thargg on Oliver
Thragg on Nolan
Mark on Rex (best one)

Help me out here, I'm sure I'm missing many

technically not Invincible but it happens in the same universe.
The elder from Astounding Wolfman could also easily eviscerate just by extending his hand through someone.

>I hope he punches his heart out and throws his corpse in the trash bin that it all started with

Great time to bring this gag back.

>a better and more realistic demostration of super strengh than the "send someone flying eith a punch"
Not really? If super strength is displayed as the ability to inexplicably generate and evenly distribute greater force than apparent mass is capable whenever lifting a larger structure such that it doesn't collapse from the pressure point, then there's no reason a smaller object providing less resistance should.

The Viltrumites are warriors though, so choosing to intentionally use their abilities to focus their force to a lethal point as a point can be appreciated.
Another example is the double strike to the head, I'm not sure how often it's really used but I know I've seen Nolan and Mark do it. No matter how strong or durable an opponent is, rattling their brain around will disorientate them even if not cave their skull in. If not immediately rendered unconscious, while they're regaining their senses the attacker can do just about anything to finish the job. I'm not sure if Kirkman or Ottley did it intentionally but it shows thought over force, another possible case is Nolan going for head strikes against the Viltrumites in this issue. He'd know how enduring they are with injury to anything other than their brain..

Daily reminder that Mark would have another kid by now had Eve not had an abortion. Yeah, not a miscarriage, a FREAKING ABORTION. SHE WENT TO A DOCTOR AND THEY USED A VACUUM TO SUCK OUT A PERFECTLY GOOD VILTRUME OUT OF HER JUST CAUSE SHE WAS AFRAID OF RAISING A KID ALONE even though mark's mom was around doing nothing.

Remember the part where he blames himself for the whole thing?

>If super strength is displayed as the ability to inexplicably generate and evenly distribute greater force than apparent mass is capable whenever lifting a larger structure such that it doesn't collapse from the pressure point, then there's no reason a smaller object providing less resistance should.

None of that made any sense

Maybe it comes back in the last issue - Viltrumite fetus survives abortion, comes back for revenge a decade later.

I like how the idea of parents actually using discipline on their children isn’t even considered as an option to stop this rampage. Newp. Adults are entirely incapable of just grabbing their kids and holding them still.

Man I was finally enjoying the last couple of issues but of course Kirkman had to go and fucking drop the ball again just in time for the finale.

What is wrong with that reverse Nigger

A bunch of of the old viltrumites died in the war. How is the human parent going to hold down their superspawn?

>black man raising the child of his wife with a white dude

flip the races and everyone here would be freaking out

what happens when the Viltrumite parent isn't home?

>Um...Mark
EMPEROR Mark
Just remembered royal titles don't work with surnames like honorifics or most Emperors would have the same name. Well not like Name the II and his similarly named in honor descendant Name the III, like King Surname and his successor also King Surname

That's a guaranteed way to fuck your shoulder up, chief.

What happened to rape lady?

she died

Likely not a very contemplating man considering he doesn't have the keys to doors in his own house.
Before anyone notes he was responding to a possible emergency, my point is he should either have immediately went to find the keys if he was that concerned or have them on him at all times to be safe seeing how he's now a single parent raising two kids.
Died.

Oh my god can Eve be any more of the fucking worst
He says something that's like a president saying his priority is the people of his country and his fucking wife is all "HUUURRR DURRR BUT WHAT ABOUT ME"
Fuck, Mark should've ended up with rape queen or monster lady

I really like this page. These guys actually seem like they're trying to do some good in the world, after years of being dicks.

I read this in a previous storytime, up to a little bit after he got sent back in time. Is it worth reading from there to here, and if so, about what issue should I start at?

Oh Thura with the knife braid survived. Always liked her.

F ;_;7

>American cops will shoot even kids

They thought his dad was black. Sounds legit.

>I don't care if you were raped, talk to this kid you don't know right now!

Fuck I hate Eve

After Invincible ends I won't buy comics for a while. He was my buddy that visited me every month for the last 12 years. Now,now he's fucking off I do truly feel sad next month is the end .

F

So Mark is evil now? Why would Viltrumites dying out be bad in any way?

Didn't Robot clone them?

>Marky Staying on earth

I bet my life the final page of next issue is a teenage Marky in the Invincible costume saying "I wouldn't try that...I'm Invincible"