/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

It's Gonna Go Boom Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Collector's Edition (Tue 19)
Star Wars Insider #178 (Tue 19)
Doctor Aphra #15 (Wed 20)
Poe Dameron #22 (Wed 20)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk
youtu.be/oMVrMP8us6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ULZfQ39F5sI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZE8abxCvA
imgur.com/a/oquHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*inhales deeply*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Normies BTFO once again

Caption this picture

once again we are proven right: normies truly are stupid as fuck

>master race

>normies are so dumb they need the film explained to them
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Post your best Aphra memes/pics/lewds

Stupid tailhead. Can't even spell 'slave race' right.

I like this ship

Aphra fans out in force recently.
Nice to see.

>Oh my God Rose you really think I'm gonna bang you? You're fucking ugly and gross.
>H-H-Haha you're s-so right Finn. I-I am ugly and g-g-gross

you fat fuck

I know this one one of the few places where Georgeology is still prety strong but I've seen debates about Star Wars and it's editing before, anyone catch this video yet? It's pretty good, talks about how the original cut was kinda a mess

youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk

Honestly a flying wing Star Destroyer is a pretty cool concept, surprised I haven't seen one turn up sooner.

Is attractive i give you
But is not number 1

Snokes ship is probably the best design in the whole sequel trilogy

was this rape?

youtu.be/oMVrMP8us6Q
Reminder that Detours

Watched it the other night. Seriously love interesting trivia and behind the scenes like this

>wake up in D'Qar
>see this
What do?

I think you'll find that's pronounced 'master'.

nerd rage
youtube.com/watch?v=ULZfQ39F5sI

Except that said character development is a byproduct of a subplot that goes nowhere, and not its main focus

.....is it not common knowledge?? I thought everyone knew Marcia Lucas was the reason Star Wars worked

Reminder that bomber fighters

Don't even remind me. I'm still mad that they cancelled this for all the shit that Disney gave us over the years.

Jake Skywalker gonna smash some canon hating shits!

Hey /swco/ shieldgate user here. I finally saw TLJ and I hated it. I realize now that whatever Star Wars is becoming, it just isn't for me anymore. I'm signing off anons.

>a byproduct of a subplot that goes nowhere, and not its main focus
>subplot directly responsible for the Resistance being hurt by DJ's betrayal which leads to the kamikaze which leads to Rey and Finn and Rose escaping which leads to
Just because you didn't like the payoff doesn't mean jack shit.

>Originally, the film spent some more time clarifying the dynamic between Rey and Finn, and further setting up Rose’s crush on the Resistance “hero.” Rose chastises Finn for “pining for Rey,” which Finn quickly denies, claiming that he was “raised to fight” and that he finally found something to fight for in his friend, Rey. “Whatever,” responds Rose with a hint of jealousy.

beta orbiteRose

It would've been if it wasn't the most sexless, passionless kiss of 2 potatoes rubbing together that we've had the misfortune to witness on screen.

Chelli deserves happiness and redemption

Tallie Lintra is the definition of "too pure for this world."

You know it's funny, for once in your nerdy little lives you had a chance to agree with the populace about something. But you can't stop sucking that mouse cock, so you'll just be incels forever.

Just came back from the movie, boy am i miffed.
The leash was too loose on Rian Johnson, it is a Star Wars movie with a Rian Johnson ending.
What was the point of killing Luke? Seriously, you have all that scene with Yoda about how teaching also include your failures only for Luke to simply die. What was the point of that scene then? Rian Johnson in usual Rian Johnson fashion couldn't resist killing a protagonist for the sake of killing a protagonist, i can sort of understand Holdo being the one that sacrificed herself to damage Snoke's ship since Leia striking against the ship in which Kylo Ren was inside would feel weird. But going back to Luke, Rey now has nobody to teach her, she will basically have to do everything that Luke did after RotJ, they simply took his storyline and gave to her. What about Force ghosts? Well, given that Luke had to discover everything by himself we take that Force ghosts weren't really there all the time, so Luke won't be all the time either. Oh yes, Rey is the Kathleen sweetheart and needs no man to teach her about the Jedi.

It is common knowledge, it just that certain people can't accept the fact that George Lucas wasn't the sole creator of Star Wars
Inital Spark yes, lone genius no

dead man

>What was the point of killing Luke? Seriously, you have all that scene with Yoda about how teaching also include your failures only for Luke to simply die. What was the point of that scene then?
Because everyone would've been fucking murdered in a cave if it wasn't for Luke. Luke sacrifices himself so the gaggle of Resistance that is left can get to the back of the cave and meet Rey.

I see 60-40 chances in favor of mark returning as a force ghost

Mentors always gotta die.

She deserves being airlocked again.

huh

Is Star Wars creativily bankrupt? One the RLM guys said something about this, that Star Wars is basically tie fighters, x wings, imperials vs rebels and so on.

>Because everyone would've been fucking murdered in a cave if it wasn't for Luke.
Why not just have Luke live after showing the audience he was actually on the island the whole time, then?

You cucks are on the losing side

K-wing is a real heavy bomber

>blown up right after she makes that cute smile
Why toy with my emotions like that. Fuck you, Rian.

Because going back to Luke on an island is rehashing ROTJ bullshit and makes yet ANOTHER fucking movie about Luke. Rian said it hi

If you don't see a body, don't assume she's gone. Save us JJ, you're our only hope.

It can be creative, but outside of the movies

drinking your tears

>Because going back to Luke on an island is rehashing ROTJ bullshit and makes yet ANOTHER fucking movie about Luke.
What?

>Rian said it hi
Rian said it himself: this isn't Luke's trilogy. Killing him gives Luke greater power as a ghost, especially in the wake of Carrie's absence from IX.

>Episode 7: Where's Luke
>Episode 8: Here's Luke!
>Episode 9: Luke featuring Rey and Finn
Note that "Rey and Finn and Poe and everyone aren't interesting characters" isn't an argument here. Rian said Luke had to pass on to make the series move past him.

If anything, the RLM guys themselves are pretty barren of anything interesting to say regarding Star Wars. It's always the same bullshit about the prequels, or how they're annoyed by SW fans. And they don't really have any room to criticize fans for being obsessive and fanatical when they've made feature-length reviews for movies that eventually degenerate into nitpicking.

I get why he had to help them, but what is the explantion for him dying? Overexhertion? Makes no sense. If there were hints that Luke was already too old or something like that it would've been more acceptable, but he was healthy the entire time.
He probably will, but he will appear during five minutes and that will be the end of it

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZE8abxCvA

It absolutely undermines the OT and makes Luke, Han and Leia out to be failures on the level of Yoda, Mace or Obi-Wan.

>but what is the explantion for him dying?
Overexhertion? Makes no sense.

"Are you doing this? No... the exertion would kill you"- Kylo to Rey earlier in the first connection scene

The problem is people that think he's unnecessary. When George has the right people he's magic, just look at the Clone Wars, and that is perhaps the greatest loss.

We will never see the ST with George and the CW crew at the helm. It would have been insane.

This, it makes the OT pointless

What ideas for new factions that could fit into the Star Wars universe do you have?

Luke lost the will to live.

P O T T E R Y

Then the prequels are also pointless.

I hope the next animated series takes place between Return of the Jedi and the Force Awakens

Snoke was the one that started the connection, and he was fine the entire time, Luke did and died

>If there were hints that Luke was already too old or something like that it would've been more acceptable, but he was healthy the entire time.
I thought it was obvious that Luke was passing the touch onto Rey and Rey was going to start up the Jedi from scratch with the books of knowledge she took.

The whole point of the prequels was to show how the galaxy got to such a bad place in the OT, wasn't it?

>start up the Jedi from scratch with the books of knowledge she took.
Which Yoda himself stating that they weren't that much

I wonder if whoever made this one was butthurt about Holdo

A mid rim confederacy tired of being told what to do by the core worlds

Organized Unknown regions faction thats not Vong tier

faction that wants to be something in the middle of the new republic and the empire

Linking minds is not as difficult as projecting your essence across the entire galaxy.

But it turns beloved characters such as Vader and Obi-Wan into morons.

The point of the prequels were to tell about how the Empire took over

>I thought it was obvious that Luke was passing the touch onto Rey and Rey was going to start up the Jedi from scratch with the books of knowledge she took.
I still think that sucks, since that was implied to be Luke's role at the end of RotJ. But now Luke completely failed at it, making the entire thing a wash.

finally

Aphra is definitely my favorite part of the new EU that doesn't involve film characters

imgur.com/a/oquHA

The prequels are a tragedy and were supposed to tell the story of the great heroes falling.

The OT was about the heroes succeeding where the last generation didn't.

But now the ST has said "oh wait, no those guys still failed, now THIS generation is going to succeed where the last two failed ;)"

Not galaxy-spanning ones. Local governments, mercenary groups, corporations, private armies, freedom fighters, Force cults... just lower the stakes, not every movie has to be about the fate of the universe

So, /swco/, write the opening crawl for Episode IX, along with its title.

Two rules:
- Episode IX takes place 3 to 5 years after VIII
- First Order is still a threat
- Rebellion is in the shitter, but Luke's legendary stunt he did in VIII lives on, and many people joined the cause
- The crawl have to mention General Leïa's death

Let's see what you come up with

This

Galactic Alliance
outer rim who don't trust the NR and the jedi

those are like four rules you fucking nigger

>But now the ST has said "oh wait, no those guys still failed, now THIS generation is going to succeed where the last two failed ;)"
>the galaxy's peace didn't last forever and ever and ever so it failed

You can't write a future story in the Star Wars universe without SOMETHING fucking up, or it becomes retarded (SHEEV CLONES, super secret imperial mastermind). Conflict is needed for story telling. The ST was completely unnecessary, but Rian had to work with what he got after JJ was like "Luke exiled himself lol".

Snoke's been described as an incredibly powerful and knowledgeable Force user, so I can believe that he might be able to survive the strain when others would fail to.

Plus the force bond wasn't entirely the same as Luke's projection. Snoke was linking Ben and Rey together, rather than projecting his own image.

>The OT was about the heroes succeeding where the last generation didn't.
>But now the ST has said "oh wait, no those guys still failed, now THIS generation is going to succeed where the last two failed ;)"
Exactly. That's one of the things I'm so steamed about regarding ST.

New Canon is for fags

Why would Luke after knowing he's just created created angstyteenvader2 Just fuck off to an island to die and leave everyone he loves in danger?

WHAT CHARACTER WOULD YOU HAVE FOR PROTAGONIST OF THIS CURRENT TRILOGY?

I would have a female that used to be a bounty hunter.

>Rian had to work with what he got after JJ was like "Luke exiled himself lol".
He could have given a better reason for the exile than "My student killed my other ones, so I decided to lie down and die."

This.

But who will remember this? It shows up then gets blown up.

I mean, it was the same for the Death Star, but at least it did shit before getting blown up. And we did get it twice, so we, as the spectators, had some kind of connections with it.

Snoke's ship won't be remembered 20 years from now. Heck, not even next year.

black sun become an underground empire

They could have had the Republic and Jedi being around. They could have done something new instead of Rebels vs Empire aka Resistance vs FO. I mean last I looked Johnson and Kasdan were writers it's their job to create stuff.

Fresh hot OC.
Over 1000 generations in MSPaint.

what are the chance we get bimbo killer droids?

>They could have had the Republic and Jedi being around
JJ
J

Just get hype for Rian's trilogy, and pray that JJ doesn't fuck up IX after Rian cleaned up his bullshit.

what's the best pre Disney comic