Be honest. Which board did you emigrate to Sup Forums from, and why are you still here...

Be honest. Which board did you emigrate to Sup Forums from, and why are you still here? Has it changed your opinion about western visual storytelling?

I'm from Sup Forums circa 2007.

I didn't. I'm probably going to take a break from Sup Forums entirely though since Sup Forums and /m/ are pretty shit now.

/tg/. When was the reign of the Nazi Mod? 2009? 2010? Since then. No opinion changed. I always had an interest in cartoons and comics, and I still have an interest. I like storytimes and nostalgia threads, but I mainly stay here because I don't play table top games anymore, and /x/ turned to utter shit around the time I came here full-time. I'm coasting on inertia more than anything else at this point.

Sup Forums and I don't go there anymore because it's full of literal children these days so even though I've never really stopped hating the waifushit and Sup Forums cross posters that plague Sup Forums it's actually preferable at this point

Sup Forums from 08, then to /x/ in 09, a brief stint in Sup Forums and been here since at least '10, I still pop into /x/ every now and again

I am only here for storytimes and mindless habit. Though I will say my taste have refined from capes to greater things thanks to this place. Every once in a blue moon some one here will expose me to some cool shit still.

From what I hear and what little I recall, early /tg/ was amazing.

I remember coming here around ‘05 and basically keeping to /x/ until cross boarding with Sup Forums in 07. About the same year, I started in Sup Forums and basically never left. First post was about “Canon Fodder”, some now even more long forgotten comic than ever before. We used to be called love back then.

I think Sup Forums was my first board on Sup Forums. Maybe /fit/ to an extent initially.

Mostly on Sup Forums now, and rarely check /fit/. But Sup Forums still is fun when new movies or good comics are out.

Think I've been on this board 8 years now?

Sup Forums circa 2011
I like cartoons, although I watch a whole lot more anime than Sup Forums stuff. I keep coming because it's actually an alright board often enough. Sup Forums is absolute shit and discussion is about as deep as a puddle. At least here I can find nice threads to read or post in. I still like anime more, but western storytelling can be done excellently like with B:TAS. Also the people are nicer here than other boards.

I’ve literally never held a successful conversation about music on /my/ and I’ve tried so fucking hard. Same with Sup Forums in that- it’s easier to talk about music and movies on any other board EXCEPT those.

I don't main one board, that's retarded. I started on Sup Forums like most people though.

/tg/, came here during the Samurai Jack season five. I’m actually a bit of a newfag and only started luring Sup Forums the summer of the year before, after reading All Gaurdsmen Party on 1d4chan.
I also don’t actually play any actual traditional games. I don’t have the money for war games, don’t have any friends who do RPG’s, and I tried getting my friend into Magic: the Gathering, but he wasn’t having any of it. I mostly discovered /tg/ because it has the best writefaggotry and I enjoy the world building threads.

/tg/ was unbelievably good in the early days. A ton of old Warhammer Wednesday thread Sup Forumstards went there from Sup Forums, and were used to seeing all kinds of shit. Given the focus of the board, it meant that almost any inane shitpost could and would usually end up reworked into monster stats, impromptu lore dumps, or campaign settings. Some race-baiting thing became twisted into a character who could appear anywhere, anytime, to sell camels to needy travelers. There were at least half a dozen threads about his exploits.

Honestly, I've always wished this board could have that creative spark. Just take stupid ideas and roll with them and collectively come up with something fun. It happens on occasion, but nothing like I ever saw during my time in /tg/.

/ck/ and Sup Forums. I still go on both, but Sup Forums is my favorite

People only visit one board? What?

I started off on Sup Forums /r9k/ and /fit/ tbqh

The only good threads on Sup Forums are the sharethrrads, even though occasionally people try to start bullshit in them. Gore spammer stopped posting years ago and jtg (aka swede spammer) I think stopped posting this year. So they have kind of lost their charm, but still are great resources. Discussion is of course awful. It pretty much is people saying they like an album or don't then insulting each others tastes. Some of the generals (classical or jazz) can have moderately good discussion. The memes are beyond stagnant. I like music so it's a real downer Sup Forums sucks.

None. I discovered Sup Forums and Sup Forums in 2012. I'm pretty sure it was around the time Wreck-It Ralph was released because I still remember reading a thread where people speculated about what Vanellope's farts would smell like and it just made me feel confused.

/toy/. Everyone their are elitist faggots who cant take any criticism against them or their favorite companies. I like cartoons better anyways and theirs more to talk about here.

Maybe they're just upset that you still haven't learned the difference between "their" and "there".

Started on Sup Forums in... fuck, like '05, '06 I think? Since then I've spread out mostly to /sci/, Sup Forums, /lit/, and Sup Forums

>"their" and "there"
No one fucking cares you autist

All the people who came to Sup Forums from pitchfork and needledrop who just want to discuss flavor of the month bullshit and spam shitty youtube tier memes are what drove me away, I still occasionally vist sharethreads but even those are going downhill

Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Fuck you, you retarded cunt.

It was a different time and a different environment. We even liked our namefags.

Fellow fa/tg/uy here.
Moved only in recent years, have found several shows and new comics to enjoy since then, along with gaining a deeper appreciation for animation as an art form.

Does anyone even care about Sup Forums anymore? It used to be the most notorious board, but now all the edgy kids go to Sup Forums.

Go fuck yourself you triggerd grammar fag

no but it was still funny to see you get btfo

>triggerd
It's fucking spelled "triggered"! And punctuate your shit! You're shit!

>missing an e
Wow you sure got me faggot.

Vagabond. Joined the site when it first started. Sup Forums then Sup Forums. Then /k/ and Sup Forums. Then /k/ and Sup Forums. Now /ck/, Sup Forums, and /diy/.

came here about a month ago looking for megas since that's what people told me in /wsr and /t. Luckily I was just in time for a good MEGA thread before it died off. Now i just chill and browse the threads that interests me. Anyone here got Green Lantern The Animated Series MEGA?

>/wsr and /t

Lurk more.

Nowhere, but need something to look at since late 2015.

Murk loar.

>maining boards
>not going through your Sup Forums larval state then just browsing the boards about subjects that interest you

though I stopped going to Sup Forums like a year ago even though I still like vidya because fuck that shithole

Sup Forums was my first board. Early 2016.
Yes, I hate myself too.

Dude, it's most likely just some guy who thinks being worthless is the only way to post on Sup Forums - not really worth your time to respond to. If it's a genuine retard, then you're never going to get through to him anyway. At least be glad that he's attempting to type full words instead of "lol ur mad."

Just stop replying. It's not worth it.

Started on Sup Forums as an edgy teenager, moved to Sup Forums during the last Geass Sunday, got interested in Sup Forums because of John's GL run.
When you've been reading black and white comics for a decade, seeing GL Corp War when the Earth lanterns had to choose a different ring, all those fucking colors is like a visual orgasm.
Settled down sometime after Forever Evil.

For those who had Sup Forums as one of their first boards, where did you come from?

Native, comics diehard. Fuck all of you secondary faggots

Sup Forums

I want to go back but I'm burned out from anime and manga ;__;

Started off on /r9k/, then moved to Sup Forums, then to Sup Forums, and finally Sup Forums.

I know, but I enjoy my anger. It's why I keep coming here year after year.

Bait, or go back to Sup Forums

/cgl/, and I go on Sup Forums every so often for vidya shitposting.

toonzone and dwayne mcduffie forums

My man. I’m from 2007 Sup Forums myself. Remember when people use to say “ Sup Forums is love” and people were friendly around here? Do you remember people harassing the Emo Chin girl? That’s one of my first Sup Forums memories.

Nowadays I’m primarily Sup Forums and Sup Forums, and I gotta day, no matter what you say about Sup Forums, at least it’s not as bad as the cesspool that is Sup Forums.

I’ll occasionally browse /an/. I want to browse /biz/, but I wish they’d talk about something other than crypto currency.

I've always exclusively browsed Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums. Of course I passed through Sup Forums when I first found this site but even as a young, wide-eyed newfag I could tell that board was dog shit and got tired of it in a day.

More respectable than mine. Before Sup Forums it was YTMND, and before that it was Gaia.

meant to respond to OP but fuck it

>Which board did you emigrate to Sup Forums from
Started lurking Sup Forums in like 2006; posting in 2007. Went from Sup Forums to Sup Forums to Sup Forums.

>and why are you still here?
I'm still here because it's still a pretty decent source for news and leaks; even if it gets leaked somewhere else, it finds it's way here. I've found some really solid stuff because of this place. Posts have become pretty shit over time, and the comradery feels lost, but nothing lasts forever. I suppose someday they'll say Sup Forums was never good.

>Has it changed your opinion about western visual storytelling?
I wouldn't say it's changed it much, but it's shown me more of it, especially yurop's offerings. I know more about animation, comics, and their industries because of this place.

Before Sup Forums became my home board I used to begrudgingly main shtty nu/sp/ (after going through Sup Forums starting in 2010 and Sup Forums, mostly), but I came to Sup Forums through Sup Forums because when I tried discussing the Stick of Truth over therethey were too retarded, so I went to the closest thing where it would be on topic.
>Has it changed your opinion about western visual storytelling?
Not really. It's not like I had any doubts about it being good (at least historically), I just never really felt like I needed to talk about it. Gotta say though, without recommendations and storytimes I wouldn't have ever heard of some of my favorite Sup Forums stuff, so there's definitely that.
But then I found the place comfy, the board hadn't fallen as low as Sup Forums and Sup Forums did, and I like comics and cartoons, so why not stay. And now it's falling in the exact same stupid shit as my previous home boards did: politics shitflinging of the lowest order (Sup Forums) and acting the newfagest retardest way possible while adhering to Poe's law (Sup Forums).

I went to /tg/ one time. We had a huge argument about the real life practicality of halberds for middle age mercenary foot soldiers.

I do the same but also Sup Forums and sometimes /aco/

Sup Forums is 1000000 times worse than Sup Forums and you didn't mention the board that made it this way, Sup Forums.

I started out on Sup Forums when the whole Jessi Slaughter incident started popping up on the news (hard to believe that it's been almost ten years) The sophomoric thrill kind of the place wore out for me rather quickly. Bounced around the boards until i landed here, and it's been a match made in heaven for me ever since.

Always been into both comics and cartoons from a young age, but Sup Forums kind of helped me nuture my love for it even more

I've honestly seen some decent threads on Sup Forums, where user go full autism about this or that movie. It's just like 1 thread in 100 at best though.

I lurked Sup Forums, then found a home in /po/, but I migrated to Sup Forums for a spell as well as lurking in Sup Forums, until "Fantastic Mr. Fox" was nominated for an Oscar. After that, I've been on Sup Forums since.

I'm still here because I have nowhere else to go. Also, I think I got hooked to Homestuck General.

As for Western visual storytelling, I dunno if I ever had an opinion to begin with. But it's certainly a more positive look on the medium from me nowadays.

Sup Forums is fine if you talk about good stuff with a large following, that isn't a meme on the board, like a Belle and Sebastian or Stevie Wonder.
Sup Forums is okay for cinematic movements from the mid 50s-80s.
Good luck keeping the threads alive though.

>Sup Forums is 1000000 times worse than Sup Forums
Post-flags, all generals, no-powerrankings-allowed Sup Forums is fucking awful.

>you didn't mention the board that made it this way, Sup Forums.
Sup Forums went bad before all that culture wars shit though. I don't think you knew peak Sup Forums.

2009, I came straight to Sup Forums and I haven't left
I tried to leave yesterday because of the bitcoin miner panic but it was too hard and I quit after one day
No matter how much people say that Sup Forums and Sup Forums are shit this is the only place I feel at home. I love you guys, please don't leave me alone.

It's not culture wars from Sup Forums it's shit memeing and console wars bullshit, all of which creeped in here after the movies got big in like 2008ish. Permanent flags were what, London Olympics? That's probably when Sup Forums saturated here as well, I suppose but it was bad well before that.
Sup Forums faggotry also ramped up casual retardation.

>I tried to leave yesterday because of the bitcoin miner panic
I was here yesterday and I have no idea what you're talking about.

mostly just came to Sup Forums originally for /aco/ and /gif/, ended up getting recommended some comics before I was big into them and Sup Forums seemed like the place to get free/interesting comics from. I have always been a big fan of cartoons and since both are here I have a pretty good time.

tl;dr version - supposedly Hiro has turned the Sup Forums community into a low-impact bitcoin mining botnet.

Guess someone finally figured out how to make this website self-sustaining.

Sup Forums faggotry is just a symptom of Sup Forums faggotry though.
>Permanent flags were what, London Olympics?
Yeah. No fun mods was probably 2011.

hiroshimoot fear mongering

all is well

gross

>Sup Forums circa 2007
reportin' in

2007. I came to /m/ after asking a friend where he got all his high-quality super robot images, then migrated to Sup Forums after I realized I spent most of my time on /m/ in the western media threads anyway.

you'll be back in weekk
because your're weak

Sup Forums and /k/ circa 2004/5, user. Boy the times sure have changed.

]I honestly thought I came in around 2006 but remembered asking around on Sup Forums about the Fate/Stay Night back in 2004 and was informed of the upcoming Deen anime by a shockingly polite Sup Forumsnon, which meant it HAD to be summer of 2004, and I had been lurking /h/ and /u/ for months prior. It was also weird to realize I'm the same age as moot.

But that fateful night I asked Sup Forums about who that blonde hair, green eyed girl was, my days of Gaia forums were done and gone and I never looked back.

Oh, also, I had actually been excited about Sup Forums's addition because I was already getting nostalgic for stuff like the old Disney Saturday afternoon stuff and still remembered the recent closure the WB's kids stuff I used to watch throughout late elementary and middle school and lacked cable to make the following jump.

I also similarly remember my dad watching the Teen Titans cartoon with me and mentioning it was "strange" since he used to read his uncle's comic collection which included some of the earliest runs of the Titans.

So there's my long story. I've been on and off, mostly call /tg/ my home, surprisingly gravitated towards Sup Forums a lot lately.

Truly it was a different era.

The sad part is, it's not just /tg/ that's grown dimmer and darker. All of Sup Forums's withered and weeps.

If I had the money and means, I totally would have bought Sup Forums off of moot when he left. Can't turn back time but... Hiro's been getting shady.

What do you mean emigrate? It's not like you need to stop posting on one board in order to start posting on another. That's dumb.
Sup Forums, 2016, being has built most of my tastes around western comics

I started coming to Sup Forums as soon as I heard that there was a Comics and Cartoon board on Sup Forums

But now a days I visit /out/, /diy/, /an/, /ck/, /tg/, /k/, and /vg/ all the time

I'm very out doory for a cartoon nerd

Pic is unrelated

I kinda come here now and then, but I used to be a heavy browser of Sup Forums during the election.

Needless to say I regret it.

We all make mistakes, user. By the power of our anonymous masks though, we can cleanse our sins of faggotry, lurk moar, and return better armed with new knowledge to contribute to the discussion and OC of any board rather than feed the cancer.

you have admirable interests.

/cm/ in '06 Don't judge me.

The habit of coming to this board is so ingrained by now that I fear it can never be broken regardless of how shit this board becomes.

There is a new javascript that connects you with some shady eastern european sites and if it fails it shuts down the css making everything look whiite
If you have ublock update, the same goes for 4chanx
If you want I can share the custom filters I saw in some threads
t. hiro

I can't remember for sure, but i think Sup Forums was the first board I visited for the first time around summer of last year. I mostly stayed in /vp/ but I homeboard here now. As bad as Sup Forums is nothing comes close to the sheer garbage /vp/ is. I only recently started going back after like 5 months of not doing so and it's still barely manageable.

is that an avatar character?

Sup Forums and to a lesser extent Sup Forums circa oh man i cant even remember maybe 07/06? I definitely have a lot more opinions, all of which are shit about comics now.

>CRAAAAAAAZY HASSAN'S USED CABBAGES!

People who are super into ttrpg, especially those who are into it enough to come here to discuss it, are already well versed in the creation elements. It's hard to just be a player. As opposed to comics and cartoons, it's really easy to be a consumer and really hard to be a creator of a comic, let alone of an animated show. We have constant OC threads up though.

No. Crazy Hassan. Used Camel Dealer Extraordinaire. Just some ancient /tg/ shitposting.

star wars rebels and Gravity falls got me to stick around. never browsed Sup Forums before

I started on /mlp/ back in 2012 or 2013, then I went to Sup Forums, and when I realized how shitty that place was I went to /r9k/ cause I'm an idiot. After I decided it was in my best interest to avoid it, I came here. Best board I've been to so far.
I wish /mlp/ was the same board it was back then, I never would have left

Sup Forums -> Sup Forums -> Sup Forums

There was a thread about a cartoon on Sup Forums that I was interested in, and they told the OP to take it to Sup Forums, which is how I found you fellow manchildren. I stayed because I like cartoons and this place is more chill than the other boards I visit. I mean, people are still dicks but I find a lot more to enjoy here than Sup Forums, which I consider the Detroit of Sup Forums.

biz

I suppose you're right. I just remember a thread on here from maybe a year or two ago where someone posted about a fake comic as if it was real, and everyone just pitched in and started throwing insane characters and plotlines for a completely fictional comic company. Like a series about Necronauts, who were basically astronauts that traveled to a realm of the dead. Or on a smaller scale, pretending that Saturday Morning Watchmen was real, or Matches Malone henchmen threads. You get those things on Sup Forums, but they just don't happen enough in my opinion. Maybe other people don't like them and think they get in the way of actual discussion of real comics, but the old fa/tg/uy in me loves seeing that collaborative shit.

I started lurking in Sup Forums for a few months to a year before moving to Sup Forums. I also used to use /tg/ a lot, and actually got involved in some shenanigans, namely Brogan the Barbarian. /tg/ is also great to brush up on your writing skills, since there's entire threads dedicated to worldbuilding and shit.
I still browse Sup Forums but not as heavily, since it's gotten extra shitposty over the past 2 years outside like a few types of threads. If you make the effort you can generate discussion but the rumors are true, it actually does seem to get worse every year. I swear to God "Sup Forums doesn't play games" is the worst in-joke to ever fucking happen to us, because more people with that mindset come in and shit up perfectly good vidya threads.
I'd like to browse Sup Forums more, but I'm ridiculously behind on my backlog.
I first really came to Sup Forums for Toonami back when Deadland Wonderland was airing, and stayed because it's good to talk about my favorite webcomics and more importantly drawing and art, which I enjoy. My goal is to someday make my own webcomic, but I'm still in the very early stages and the prospect of putting myself out there is frightening.

I sorely miss what this board used to be before MLP aired. I miss how the Internet in general used to be, before social media became a cultural norm and opened the floodgates to let normies conquer what was just a refuge for misfits.

I used to visit Sup Forums more than I do, but Sup Forums has been my home board for as long as I can remember.

I've been popping in again and again across my entire 12 years on this site.

It hasn't really; seen a few gems and such I wouldn't have before but it's so dire nowadays.

Everywhere else is shit too.

Former Sup Forums here.

I just got so fucking sick and tired of modern anime. Everything is either a fucking harem, highschool shit, moeblob or a light novel adaptation. I fucking hate the generic modern anime artstyle. I especially fucking hate modern anime fans everything is amazing because of either muh feelz or so deep......basically I fucking hate modern anime. thesnob is right

Came to Sup Forums when I got into comics a few years ago now and just never left, I guess becasue I don't hate western comics the way I do modern anime and manga and it's generally a good place to talk about the latest issues. Plus I get them from the win-o. The animation threads are nice as well.

I agree for the most part, but I still want to slap you for using the word "normie."

The internet was a dump for information and a bunch of tools. People used those tools to make some interesting and amusing things, and that was the fun of it. When something went viral at that time, it was because it was probably something genuinely interesting, and it typically stayed popular. Now, things go viral basically at will by someone posting it on twitter, and it dies within a week, month, whatever.

There were places to hang out and socialize, like forums and chats. But then it became all about posting pics of yourself, everything you're doing, everything you're wearing, everything you're eating, and all the other people that you know that are doing the same thing. The internet became less of a tool and more of a place to desperately seek attention, and since that brought in money, people accommodated. Things were dumbed down, it became far more accessible, all the crazies found their way to a new soapbox, and we've been in a nosedive ever since.

I'm aware that there have always been crazies on the internet, though, like everyone that denies the genius and truth that is the time cube.

>hating modern anime
Don't forget the current trend of lazy as fuck character designs.

'started' on Sup Forums and Sup Forums in '07 (more like would only browse threads friends would link), moved to Sup Forums in 2010

browsed Sup Forums during late night in 2011-2012 and more or less stayed here once Sup Forums went from the summer of shitposting to the post general post-flag hellhole that it is now

>why are you still here?
I had always been a big fan of cartoons, animation, webcomics when I was a teen, would probably also be big into comics if my home country actually stocked them

Even though the board quality's gone down there's no other place where I can find focused discussion apart from some IRL friends

> Has it changed your opinion about western visual storytelling?
not really, at least not in a negative way

>current
I know the very next reply is going to be a butthurt anime jerkoff who's going to post that mosaic of anime screenshots showing how "varied" anime is (where the variation is so small between some of the images that they might as well be from the same show) but...

Anime never had varied character design (with few exceptions), it was always about being homogenous, to the point that facial expressions and emotions are homogenized with standard symbols like for a throbbing vein.

Sup Forums ate my emoji