Sabrina TV Show Character Description

>[SABRINA SPELLMAN]Female, Open ethnicity, legal 18 or 18+ to play 16. Sabrina is an empowered young woman, half-human, half-witch, struggling to reconcile her dual natures. She is just beginning her dark education as a sorceress, even as she tries to maintain some semblance of a normal life as a sophomore at Baxter High. Sabrina’s intelligent, compassionate, and brave to the point of recklessness. She challenges witch-doctrine at every turn. She is fiercely loyal to her family and friends; wickedly funny; and in the middle of a star-crossed romance with her classmate Harvey Kinkle. Sabrina is all that stands between us and the Forces of Darkness that threaten our world. SERIES LEAD.

>[HILDA SPELLMAN]Female, late 30s to early 40s, All Ethnicities. Hilda is the kinder of the Spellman sisters who are raising Sabrina, though her nurturing nature belies a more ruthless side. She is a healer, a potion-maker, sweet-as-pie until you cross her or anyone she leaves. Operating the local funeral home, the sisters hide their witchery from the world while teaching Sabrina spells and incantations at home…ASP SERIES REGULAR

>[ZELDA SPELLMAN]Female, late 30s to early 40s, All Ethnicities. Zelda is the harsher of the Spellman sisters who helped raise Sabrina, though her sternness and tough facade might be hiding a more…mothering soul. Unlike Hilda, Zelda claims that she has never known love—her devotion to the Dark Lord is all-consuming—which is why people looking for a love-potion go to Hilda; those looking to make a spite-jar go to Zelda…ASP SERIES REGULAR

>[AMBROSE SPELLMAN]Male, early 20s, African American or East Indian, British. Ambrose is Sabrina’s “cousin” and a necromancer. He is witty, puckish, pan-sexual—and loves being a witch. Trapped in the funeral home due to a binding spell, Ambrose lives in the mortuary’s attic and acts as one of Sabrina’s partners in crime…10/13 SERIES REGULAR

cbr.com/chilling-adventures-of-sabrina-character-descriptions/

Is Nick Bakay going to be Salem? Don't care who they cast besides that.

No

>That long way of saying sassy gay black man
KEK

So, Ambrose is filling up for Salem? Fuck You!

>>Sabrina BLACKEDman

>>[SABRINA SPELLMAN]Female, Open ethnicity

>>>Open Ethnicity
>>>Black Ambrose

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES.

It totally is! kek

I hope they watch magic Grey's Anatomy and get their nails did.

But Hilda is supposed to be the mean one and Zelda is the nicer one

I bet you dollars to donuts Riverdale's Archie casting call was Open ethnicity. It's just something you have to say.

>Hurr durr lets take old comedy show for kids and make it dark, mature and edgy!

Why they keep doing it? Who think this is a good idea? Who would want to read that?

>He doesn't read Afterlife with Archie and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Plebs leave.

Ugh to all of this. Just UGH.

From the thumbnail I thought this was adventure time.

gross

>Black Cat to Black Gay Guy
Kay.

It's almost a comedy in and of itself; people who obviously couldn't give two fucks about the source material being put in charge of adaptations.

If people who enjoyed the comics aren't the target audience then who the fuck is? The handful of retards who thought that edgy Archie story was good? There's no such thing as a passion project anymore. Nobody does it just because they want to make a lasting impression on the franchise itself, just that they get their names out as quickly as possible while scraping up the cash from CW's annual money rain dance.

No Salem, no show.

Literally the only thing I care about.

>characters are all related
>3 open ethnicities and one black/pajeet
K.

They did change ethnicity for Veronica, Reggie, Pop Tate, 2/3 Pussycats, Dilton and probably some others I'm not thinking of.

put in some near-goths and I'm in. I need a replacement for Witches of East End and Charmed

I only know Sabrina from the show so I have no clue if Salem is the same wise cracking cat in the classic and horror Sabrina comics nor do I know about an Ambrose character.

>Is Salem always a comic relief character?
>Is Ambrose an actual character from the classic or horror comics?
>Does it look like Salem is being replaced?

Salem wasn't a major character in the classic comics. He showed up here and there, but was just her cat.

Ambrose is from the classic comics, he is a "wacky uncle" who always had schemes and such but always gave good advice. If Sabrina's aunts wouldn't let Sabrina do something he'd usually help Sabrina out, etc.

What is this? 2001? Is Slipknot still a thing?

>Open ethnicity,
Asian Sabrina when?

They did their time. And they want out.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE ASIAN SABRINA THAT WAS PROMISED?

She can't be asian. Sabrina has white hair. All asians have black hair with a purple streak.

Archie himself is half Samoan

>Sabrina and family cam be whatever but cousin Ambrose MUST be brown.
Why?

I'd get it if they were going for the whole family being black, maybe steering towards voodoo or the sort rather than Massachusetts witches, but if only he's gonna be black why even make it Ambrose? He has no name recognition, no brand value. You could just make a new character.

half-human, half-witch, struggling to reconcile her dual natures.

Aaaaand dropped.

Maybe it same vague interaction with how he's a "cousin" instead of an uncle. And he's also British? Do they like want a pansexual Rahul on the show that badly?

Notice the quotations marks on "cousin" Ambrose. While the casting is left entirely open on other family members they want to specifically underline the fact that he's different from the other Spellmans. It'll most likely have a very concrete, backstory oriented reason.

>Do they like want a pansexual Rahul on the show that badly?

Wouldn't you? He's one of the best characters on iZombie.

Iunno, it's just odd.

Like, Selma, Zelda and Sabrina have brand recognition. It makes sense to use them even if it's a pretty different setup because it attracts attention.

The audience likely does not know Ambrose, so it's weird to keep the name and change everything else about him instead of going the MJH Sabrina route and introducing a few new elements as needed.

Yeah I get it, see
I'm just wondering why they bothered to keep the name when it has no pull. Could have just created a new guy who the company could slot into the comics if he takes off.

This looks like the church lady depiction of Sabrina in some effort to get kids to never want to read this ever for being evil and satanic. Why make it into the parody?

>Selma

How, with 2 white as snow parents?

Comic Salem originally was an orange cat who didn't talk (though he had Garfield-styled thought-bubbles). Only the show actually made him a character.

>Open ethnicity
Fuuuuuuuck Thiiiiiiiiiiiis.

the fuck does open ethnicity mean

It means anyone can audition.

It means black. That’s what “diversity” means too.

If thats the case, it sounds like the ABC show everyone is going "not muh" over married the two into one being.

Probably just as reference from the horror line. Why confuse everyone in the actor with vague descriptions and names when you got a baseline off the comic? Now obviously the final result will still differ...

Had A crush on Hilda