Why doesnt disney do anything with Gargoyles?

why doesnt disney do anything with Gargoyles?
why not hand them over to Marvel so they could atleast have comics

Why don't you fuck off?

back the fuck off??????!!!!!

They probably think it's still not the time to call for nostalgia and are saving the franchise for later.

You see, it has too loyal of a fanbase. You know that if Disney brought Gargoyles back, that would only possibly be in the same style CN "brought back" Teen Titans right? But Teen Titans fans are literally cucks that can only whine on the internet about how TTG sucks. They can't do shit because they're post-millenials born without balls. But Gargoyle fans? They're from the fucking 90s, they still got balls. So if their show got rebooted into some shit like TTG, there would be blood. I can guarantee that. And Disney knows that, that's why they're afraid of Gargoyle fans.

I actually believe it's not because of being afraid of the fans since not many people actually give two shit about Gargoyles but a bunch of nostalgia manchildren.

Plus, they are busy with other projects like Live Action versions of their old animated films, MCU and now planning what to do with what they got with FOX.

For me, I hope they don't fuck up with the Mulan movie.

Disney prefers using others comic book publishers instead of the one it owns, and nobody probably wants Gargoyles (or is willing to pay a possibly exorbitant fee for them) at the moment.

someone needs to buy it off disney,

can we actually have a good gargoyles thread, one that actually discusses the possibilty of a renewal

Only once people agree Lexington was best boy.

Because the Gargoyles fandom is loud, but small these days. And they keep shrinking with each year. The show's good, but it's still a 23 year old show that only a couple or so dozen people still talk about.

>wanting a remake/sequel/whatever in the current decade with the current state of moralism and politics

it's like you want to ruin something you love user

And even if there wasn't any of that, it would still be lame since Weisman's recent work has been lacking, and the guy who wrote the best Gargoyles episodes can't even write full scripts anymore because he has really bad Parkinson's.

bump

>You know that if Disney brought Gargoyles back, that would only possibly be in the same style CN "brought back" Teen Titans right?
Uh...why?

>They probably think it's still not the time to call for nostalgia
tell that to ducktales & star wars

Second best. Brooklyn is still mah man.

>ducktales & star wars
it went all so well...

>But Gargoyle fans? They're from the fucking 90s, they still got balls. So if their show got rebooted into some shit like TTG, there would be blood. I can guarantee that.
m a x i m u m
c r i n g e
o v e r d r i v e

>they still got balls
People like GregX still have balls?

he's not wrong, you know.

Because Disney HATES this show.

what?

nearly everyone who discovers it ends up been a fan,

that can be done easily, they just observe 21st century behaviour

it think disney would sell this property is if it was in exchange for another property

hi steve,

Y'know, as cringy as this adolescent screed is, it does have an underlying point: The fanbase for the Gargoyles franchise is so entrenched in its ways and loyal to Weisman's vision that anything other than Weisman being allowed to control the franchise and have everything done his way would be considered, shall we say, "poor form" on the part of Disney. A Weisman-less Gargoyles, or a Gargoyles reboot that is tonally and visually inconsistent with everything else in the franchise, would be doomed to failure.

I will say this, though: If Disney were to reboot the franchise, I would love to see it done - timeline-wise only - like The Force Awakens: Twenty years or so after the original show with a mix of old and new characters that opens up the floor for the new generation. (Besides, who doesn't want to see MILF Elisa?)

>A Weisman-less Gargoyles
*cough*GoliathChronicles*cough*

nah, I'd go for full remake, simpsons level age rating, fix up some plot holes with the premise, less focus on other villians like the pack, different lore,
but same premise and characters.

The Gargoyles fandom has agreed never to talk about that ever again. I respect their decision.

Im a fan, i never watched it, I was thinking of checking it out, how bad is it?

Outside of the first two episodes - which Weisman adapted for the first story of his comic reboot of the franchise - the writing sucks ass and the animation went from (reasonable) quality to absolute QUALITY.

Cause disney doesn't think it will make money

I don't hate it

And the comic Weisman made after it is worse than it. Somehow.

I know the fanbase trends toward the gay side, but can we just appreciate Demona for a second?

>Scantily-clad blue-skinned redhead
>Monstergirl
>Voiced by Marina Sirtis
>Immortal milf
>Turns human during the day
>Angry and violently frustrated, yet lonely and canonically in need of a dick
>Just bitchy enough for it to be hot
>A legitimately deep and interesting character
>One of the few villains in a cartoon smart enough to employ Doom-style magic AND technology.
>Easy to convince yourself that you could show her the good side of humanity
>Macbeth willing for a threesome

>canonically in need of a dick

I still can't believe Weisman held that after-dark Gargoyles panel.

Also, fuck yeah, Demona. Legit great character.

a (french) cat is fine too