Remember when Marvel just kinda shat out this boring fuck out of nowhere and was forcing him down everybody's throats...

Remember when Marvel just kinda shat out this boring fuck out of nowhere and was forcing him down everybody's throats as if he was gonna be the next Kingpin and one of the biggest villains in the entire world

Other urls found in this thread:

thecomicboard.com/forum/showthread.php?10424-Secret-Invasion-discussion-Spoilers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

By Marvel, you mean Bendis.

What was his power again? He could summon people out of his hood or something, was it?

His power was that he could yammer on about nothing for ten pages.

Oh wait that's the power of every Bendis character.

This isn't a Bendis character though. It's another unfortunate reminder why he shouldn't be allowed to play with anyone else's toys.

Least they gave us this.

Hard to jerk off to it with art like that. They could've at least gotten Immonen.

Got it?!

The art makes me think that it's some rough draft, but I find it okay.

If you’re reading The Defenders, he popped back up and wants to be Kingpin again

THANKS BENGUS

I liked his run at the top

I'm pretty sure it's L. Francis Yu who's usually pretty good. he's not getting any help from his Inker or colorist. I don't think it Gerry Algonquin who usually inks him. the results are usually based as fuck.

I only know of this from Avengers Academy when the stupid kids think it's a good idea to get revenge for Tigra. At least this didn't ruin Tigra, she just needed some Pym Particle dick

Some Skrull dick you mean

This.
Fucking A guys....

He was just some petty criminal who found a magic cloak that let him turn invisible when he held his breathe. His original mini was ok but then Bendis thought he could push him like he pushed all his favorites.

Because it was good. So was the Brian K Vaughn original MarvelMax series with the same artist. Just like Bendis with the Sentry, Marvel Boy and Ares, he takes a smallish creation from a superior writer, tries to shoehorn it into whatever he is doing and falls flat on his face.

This isn't what you think. It's more Company wars bullshit threads by a pre-pubescent. Someone literally mentioned The Hood 5 minutes before this popped up in a Marvel Legacy thread. The DC shilling is strong with this one.

She gave birth to a child from a hunan. Marvel made a mistake pushing her to have a lover.

Post is Punisher cat approved

OP here, I actually just unlocked Hood in the mobile Contest of The Champions game and remembered how he used to be pretty much everywhere

Uhhh...

Dude it's pretty clear that many people troll many threads.

Don't be a summer millennial please.

The discussion is that Bendis took bkv Hood and just fucked it all up, line he does with many other characters.

Pull your head out of your ass and try to interact with others besides uttering nonsense no one care about like shills and trolling for nothing funny at all

I liked him desu, at least before Siege not during Heroic Age when he got the Infinity Gems

Bendis should have left with Siege. I unironically enjoyed New Avengers original run

I enjoyed up to a point.

Like Disassembled got me into Marvel but then I read his Gotg and I just can't understand how this writer used to get me so hyped.

He pooped so hard on my guardians

OP Doesn't mention Bendis
MARVEL shat
What does shill mean by this?

>Don't be a summer millennial
now featuring Reddit spacing
the absolute state of Sup Forums in 2017
its gonna be a cold winter

Reddit spacing....
>Truly the genius of 00s babies crys

It's not my fault your patents plugged you guys into iPads and you can't understand conversations

Your parents*

I'm just really sorry you view the world the way you do

... what

I'm actually too old to still be posting here. As in old. Actually an old person. That doesn't change the fact, you are both reddit spacing and claiming on the one hand to understand what is being discussed and on the other missing the point completely. OP never mentions Bendis or BKV. It was MARVEL shat Mavel FORCED. Do you understand what words mean? this is a shill at work. People pop up with actual comments about the line work of an artist or which run of a misunderstood character they enjoy, no one cares unless it is MARVEL bad, DC bad Bendis poop poopy goy.

Heroic Age Avengers Bendis is actually the least offensive since early New Avengers. Think about it like this, He told the story of the Hood, as street level villain who twice has gotten his hands on actual power (The cloak, The Norn Stones) He is powerless at the Raft, he realizes he has to do something to compete in a world of gods and aliens. It is actually continuity heavy (Black Bolt and the inhumans were in space at the time etc.) and all the features act in-character. It is actually good enough for me to wonder if the arc was ghost-written.

I've recently read for the first time the brevoort post on his editing of Bendis first issue of secret invasion (someone linked it in Starlin vs brevoort thread) and holy shit, I had impression like he was almost sorry to offer any objections.
I don't know why marvel was sucking off Bendis so much, but it's ridiculous. This guy is a lazy, incompetent idiot with a cheap gimmick style, trying to push a square shape into triangle hole (I mean the chimp toy).
I don't know how one can be so in love with himself like he seemingly is.
I have never read anything remotely good by Bendis, even his "acclaimed" runs are shit, he knew how to evoke cheap drama but that's not all that writing is about.
>Deep breath

Can you link it?

Similar to the kind of attitude Shooter would talk about seeing before he took over

Hopefully history will repeat with the Shogun

Have a (You), old-timer.

Ha thanks faggot, you know the elderly still do it all for the (You)'s

Or maybe I just didn't care about who exactly wrote his stuff?

Let's not forget he Had Aubrey "GI Joe needs to feature fat samoan trannies" Sitterson and Molly "SJW before it was a thing" Lazer as his actual (Read: Assistant and associate) editors. Brervoort, Whacker Alonso (when he had the X office) these guys are politicians and not doing actual editorial work in any sense of the word.

Yes because the person behind the actual material meant nothing. MARVEL saw a vanity book featuring a What if Spider-Man was a kinda shitty guy and MARVEL said we must shat this everywhere and force people to think this is the biggest baddest guy, He's like the Anti-monitor with magic boots and a cloak, We're going to make him appear everywhere he's the new Kingpin, bend over here comes The Hood. Shill harder.

Fuck you bedis ares was great and so was sentry, better then jenkins going full mary sue

thecomicboard.com/forum/showthread.php?10424-Secret-Invasion-discussion-Spoilers

There you go friend

AIEEEE

b-b-but the whole point of The Sentry was that he was a Mary Sue. It was never supposed to exist outside of The Marvel/Wizard gimmick stuff. For Ares check out the original mini, Savage Sword of Ares one shot and Hickman Secret Warriors. BKV or Jeff Parker Hood, Grant Morrison Marvel Boy. Go lay down Bendis MRSA and raising nigglets is killing you bud.

Hey oldfag, he may have intentions of shit posting or not, but you can actually discuss what you want, disregarding this.
BTW he is justified in substituting marvel in place of the name of the actual writer.
They are his employer, they oversee his work, they treat him like a superstar.
They give him mandate to enforce his bullshit on other writers.

I really liked the arc about Osborn returning and wrecking shit that run parallel in Avengers and New Avengers

babbies first shitpost, shilling, company wars and hurr durr Bendis is a hack herpa durpa needs to be called out and culled. Throw reddit spacing and underage calling other people millennials in there too. This is a board for Western animation and Comics. Again, someone talks about an Inker they prefer over some artists' pencils and you hear crickets, putting someone up on a run they may have never heard of get tumbleweeds but shuck and jive, shill and bait keeps the (You)'s flowing.

Because it was pretty cool. I think it had Jerome Opena art on one of the titles. Dark Reign was based as fuck and the return of Norman stuff in the Bendis-vengers was solid stuff with above average artwork. I'm not saying the guy isn't a Hebrew hack, but he had the good sense to expand on the Ellis Thunderbolts stuff and give us Stormin' Norman HNIC of H.A.M.M.E.R.

I thought it was terrible. The Avengers all acted like idiots who had no idea what to do, and the public acted like even bigger idiots because Osborn just walked up to the media and said THE AVENGERS SUCK, IT WAS TOTALLY WRONG THAT THEY ARRESTED ME FOR TREASON AND MURDER and they ate it up. They never explained WHY Osborn had such a fiercely loyal following with his men, they kept ranting about how he had a "point" and was "different" but never really explained what the fuck they were talking about. Dark Reign already required some suspension of disbelief for why people trusted Osborn, but after Siege it requires just not using your brain period.
The whole post-Heroic Age was a bunch of characters saying THE AVENGERS SUCK AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING BAD EVER with no real depth, substance or pay-off.

The Hood!

Has that been storytimed?
And there's only 2 issues of Defenders left. How the fuck is Bendis going to conclude this shit when he introduces YET ANOTHER major player?
It's clear he had further plans (or the closest thing to plans Bendis can have), but cut them short.

Bendis is a hack.
It's not a meme, he is still writing with talks about what DC comic he will write.

Company wars sucks but we all know it's part of the business.
Just because I put indentations and spaces, regardless of Twitter it Reddit or whatever doesn't change what I'm saying and honestly this is the ass of the net.
If you're looking for an grammar, look elsewhere.

You bitch like a sensitive millennial. That's why i called you one, I'm probably older than you regardless and regardless you have fully derailed a thread because you're afraid if shils or something that nobody cares

>the public acted like even bigger idiots
That's always been Marvel public though.

Thanks a lot!

Alot of that made sense in the context of the times. Dark Reign was conceived when no one expected Obama to end up as president. That they still pushed the plot after it happened is kind of bonkers and made for some entertaining reading. After Siege Norman was held uncharged with any crime at a Black Site. The Norman Waz Right crowds are meant to coincide with the Longform/shortform Birth certificate Truthers. Norman Himself is almost a Pre Trump figure, telling the public why do we need to live with Atlanteans and Aliens constantly threating us. The amount he believes in the shit he is saying varies by the writer. People are shown to be losing faith in the Avengers because of the constant infighting and the Events of Fear Itself where a Nazi/Asgardian/Alien tech army destroyed DC and killed the current Captain America. It painted Asgardians as being in Collusion with Nazi's and other entities. Norman's last act in power was to warn Americans about Asgardians and try to force Asgard off of Amercian soil air/space hence the Norman Waz Right/He has a point crowds

>Fully derailed a thread
And nothing of any value was lost
here's a (You)

and

another

(You)

for

Reddit

Spacing

>It painted Asgardians as being in Collusion with Nazi's and other entities. Norman's last act in power was to warn Americans about Asgardians and try to force Asgard off of Amercian soil air/space hence the Norman Waz Right/He has a point crowds
You're putting more thought into this than Bendis did, because at no point was that brought up. Osborn just said THE AVENGERS DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO ARREST ME. IT WAS A COUP.

Bendis is a hack is subjective at best. A meme at worst. A meme is a unit of cultural information that gets based around, the meme of him being a hack is passed around non-stop on Sup Forums. This is not your echo chamber youngling, some people have diffrent ideas.
Company wars are cancerous and for faggots. It's not part of the business, The companies pass around employees non stop and most fans have longboxes filled with works from both companies. I don't care how old you are. I am sorry I derailed yet another Marvel shat out a poopy character hurpa durpa Bendis hey guys what does Sup Forums think about ____ gimmie a (You)

Works of fiction require the audience to contribute their own faculties. Hand holding is generally insulting to most audiences. There are usually only 28 pages in a comic. This is a limited space to tell a story. this particular story exists in the context of other stories, ones that were probably billed as "Universe Changing" "Nothing will ever be the same again" so connect the dots user, here ae some of the changes. Fear Itself created the conditions in which a populist demagogue who is clearly a mentally ill supervillian could seduce the people. Just like Dark Reign happened in the shadow of the utter failure of Tony Stark as head of SHIELD and all StarkTech to stop the Skrull invasion. In fact it was co-opted and used for the Invasion. Norman Osbourn killed the Skrull Queen on live TV and was the head of the only initiative not compromised by the Skrulls. That was clearly explained in the Dark Reign one shot and probably in whatever they gave out for FCBD that year.

Hey, remember when Osborn gave the Sentry more of the formula that gave him his powers, fully aware that it had also created his Void persona?

Remember when he sent the Void to slaughter a shitton of Atlanteans?

Remember when he had Bullseye kill his wife?

Yes, clearly the Hero we need these days. Norman will make the hard choices, he'll make the blonde pregnant and snap her neck.

Don't forget that he decided that the best way to deal with crime was to tell all criminals that they can do whatever the fuck they want and he won't do anything to stop them as long as he's left alone. He'll in fact occasionally offer them jobs.
Clearly a man who cares about making the world a better place.

look user I never said he was a role model... clearly a man for our time though.

Remember his regular Supervillain Club meetings?

The illustrious ambassadors of Atlantis, Utopia, Latveria, Asgardia and Hell's Kitchen you mean? what about them?

Remember when Ultron-in-Tony's-body-transformed-into-a-metallic-naked-Janet killed Lindy, and later she was fine?

>Remember when he sent the Void to slaughter a shitton of Atlanteans?
ah good times

Would trust them with saving the earth more than The Illuminati. These people would probably even kill less

to be fair, Atlanteans get slaughtered alot.

Problem is that the Illuminati's Number One murderer is also part of the Cabal.

It wouldn't be an event without a slaughter in Atlantis.

they got over it pretty quick. what's a little genocide between kings?

Tuesday!

He was good in that House of M tie-in. Good in his Illuminati mini. I kinda like him.

>Be pym
>Get shit on at every opptunity by life and friends
>Get kidnapped and replaced by green aliens
> Nobody notices
> Green aliens fucks furry poon and has loving relationship
> Come back, everyone returns to shitting on you
>Also get cucked into taking care of kid whose mom you didn't fuck

Its a wonder Pym doesn't go evil more often when you think about it.

Norman was wrongly persecuted by the Avengers and the mainstream media.

He did nothing wrong and is clearly the hero we all deserve.

he has outlets

Amusingly, every writer that used the Hood in this role except Bendis did a pretty good job with him. And then Bendis ruined everything by turning him into a pathetic loser that was a "junkie" for powers.

"Board culture" in general is stupid bullshit, but "Reddit spacing" has to be the single most retarded thing I've ever heard of.

three issues left iirc

That's sad that someone typing in what you perceive as "a Reddit spacing" would make you so angry

What is this Reddit spacing thing?

it means you typedsomethingthatiseasytoread

People who double-space their line breaks are 100% verified reddit, because text formatting is for cucks.

looks gay

I dunno man, personally I liked the guy in what I read with him in it.

Being a marry sue on purpose dosent make it good

Also i can enjoy bedis take on ares and others there not mutualy exclusive

Marvel boy is shit outsode his orginal mini period

>Remember when Marvel just kinda shat out this boring fuck out of nowhere

No, I sure don't. I remembered Vaughn doing a decent miniseries and McDuffie handling him well in Beyond, and then remembered Marvel shitting out marketing for how Bendis was going to turn him into the new Kingpin, and then seeing Bendis handle the character horribly.

Bendis just took another's guy's character and ran him into the ground. Same as he did with Sentry

No, I remember when Bendis did his usual "I need a character to fulfill X role" and then trawled Wikipedia and Marvunapp until he found a charcter that fit in the very vaguest sense and was obscure enough that nobody would care.

Reminder that he almost had a Netflix show.

>Because it was good.
No it wasn't and it was horrifically out of character. Hood was just a guy who wasn't the greatest but wanted to do right by his girl and mom in the only way he knew how. Making him a power hungry lunatic obsessed with Dormammu and the Infinity Gems as well as a major crime boss was utterly asinine.

Again, the issue is that it was wildly OOC and Bendis shoehorning a character into a role they didn't belong in. He should've just been making up his own characters in reality given how little resemblance characters like Sentry, Hood or Superia bore to any previous stories involving them.

>least offensive since early New Avengers
New Avengers' very existence is offensive. It only happened because of Marvel fucking around with Johns, Bendis trying to kill Scott Lang off behind Johns' back (which would've ruined any plans Johns had for the character) and Bendis and Millar whining that the Avengers should just be nothing but marketable big name characters like JLA had been. It exists by completely destroying everything about the Avengers that came before it. Fuck that book and fuck Bendis.

This guy sucks.

was it rape?

No.

.... how do you come to that conclusion?

I'm sure (because it was me) to be written in a way that wasn't a wall of text...

Is this really such a big deal?
Even if someone post on Sup Forums Reddit Google whatever I mean...... who cares?

I'm just trying to understand where your generation comes from

>he hasn't heard of Reddit weather

I still find it hard to believe that Bendis put Wolverine on the Avengers. Wolverine!

I mean, who's next, Deadpool? Oh wait

Yeah that's the problem. There were plenty of shitty Avengers before but it started the trend of characters who are popular outside or too overtly associated with other areas as being made members and it feels out of place. Deadpool doesn't belong on the Avengers and neither does Rogue. Beast is a little different because Silver Age X-Men wasn't popular and he spent a good chunk of time afterwards solo before joining. He was away from the X-Men for like 15 years before X-Factor.