What if Superman turned against us? We'd need a way to stop him

>What if Superman turned against us? We'd need a way to stop him
>I've assembled a guy who shoots normal guns really well, a guy who can lift a car above his head, a guy who could lightly singe Superman's haircut, a guy who owns many boomerangs, a guy who can tie just the best knots, and a girl with no powers who's so insane that she won't act rationally even when a bomb is in her head

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_film
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They fucked up damn near everything else in the DCEU. Of course Amanda Waller would fall victim to the same fate.

They should have used more Ostrander and less Glass

better than nothing.

I got a Hulk.

>Mission was to retrieve Waller
>Could have walked to the roof and gotten airlifted out at any time
The fuck? Editing certainly was screwy, I'll say that. But mostly I'm offended by how not villainous the SS was

This film is utter shit, but Waller never wanted this team for Superman level threats, it's literally so she can use them for off the book missions, she just used the fear and paranoia from Superman's death to get the team OK'd by the government. It's for her, not for anyone else

dont start

They never really explained that, though.

>This film is utter shit, but Waller never wanted this team for Superman level threats, it's literally so she can use them for off the book missions, she just used the fear and paranoia from Superman's death to get the team OK'd by the government. It's for her, not for anyone else
It's just that having SS's first mission being saving Waller from her own rogue agent, makes her look pathetic. She was litterally better off never forming the SS to begin with.

Would the Green Lantern-verse's Suicide Squad under Bassett-Waller been better?

>Harley Quinn
>batshit insane
Nice joke batshit crazy people cannot act rationally ever and they wont ever admit they are nuts either, Harley is a sociopath which is meme insanity more like a human programmed to cause pain and suffering for the lulz.

Anyone got the superman comic where he destroys earth and kills everyone because he determined it was the best case for the universe once he understood they were a lighting rod for trouble and to bring peace to the universe the planet had to be destroyed?

>All the super heros and villians on earth failed once superman was unbound, he simply blew up the planet.

The place was pretty littered with the monsters whom the squad tore through getting to Waller, and even then Waller was pretty much immediately caught by Incubus on the flight out.
It seemed pretty obvious. They even say in the meeting "This guy is shit tier, why is he on the team?"
"because he got his asskicked by a metahuman rather than ending up obituary filler like every other asshole that's why"

Did you miss the part where all helicopters taken down by incubus.

Her ace in the whole was enchantress, but she betrayed her.

>t. Mighty No. 9 devs

Yeah she did, literally in the same scene OP is referencing.

What was their plan for dealing with him?

CRASHING THE PLANE, WITH NO SURVIVORS

>What if Superman turned against us?

>First recruit is literally a satanically evil Superbeing.
See, that's an issue right there. "Oh we have her heart in a suitcase, the evil demon women who's powers we don't understand at all, and the extent of which we cannot possibly guess, except that we know she can teleport across the entire length of the planet and infiltrate the most secure locations on the planet."
"Oh I know, let's introduce her to some of the most important high-ranking members of OUR national security, and teach her what sorts of info nations like ours consider absolutely priceless."
"All that will go fine."

They only really fucked with anyone getting near the museum if I recollect. Actually I'm more annoyed by how many helicopter crashes there were, and so many people walking away from them

The worst part of this consistently awful film is watching them fight Incubus, "The Slowest Guy on Earth", and him actually being killed by a relatively small explosive charge THROUGH a street".
By the time he's dealt with and they have their final battle with Enchantress (a street-level weapon fight of course!) I could no longer give a single fuck.

I remember when DC used to have villains more interesting than The Destroyer or Ronan or the rest of the MCU's bottom-tier villains.

ronan has spent more time in the comics being neutral or a semihero than a villain

She has special wearing makeup and slutty clothing skills that could help out against supernatural and extraterrestrial threats

Has Waller ever done anything like slaughter a room of seemingly innocent people because they knew too much before?

Waller can be a cold hearted bitch, but was a bit out of character. She won't kill her own personnel because of her fuckups. Sure she sees Task Force X as expendable, but only because they're shitty people who would otherwise be in jail or out causing chaos. The film does this thing where they really want the Squad to be heroes and will stress Waller being the true villain

Why did you post a pic from the scene where she's showing why that WASN'T her plan? Brainlet. She's using Superman as an excuse to finally put together that team she's wanted for ages. It's a sad time when even Suicide Squad was too smart for normies.

Almost as if the Suicide Squad is a flawed concept from day one!

I don't think so.
Waller is not exactly a saint but that did seem out of character.

this
what if they have to fight an alien master roshi
DON'T UNDERESTIMATE WHORES

was tried in a tournament in dragonball, she lost

Waller can be immoral as long as it suits he agenda. She engineered Osiris, a teenage kid, killing someone on camera just to turn the public opinion on Black Adam.

Right but always with purpose. Open firing on her own team because "you know too much about my own incompetence" is just shitty writing

The Ostrander story where Enchantress is way better, because Waller is the one who saves the Squad from being assraped by the Russians and beats the absolute dogshit out of the people responsible for needlessly putting them into it.
Pic might be related, but this also might be her smacking Thinker II half to death.

She believes her program to be essential for national security, so killing support staff to cover her ass due to a hiccup serves a distinct purpose.

Superman was considered dead, the idea waas never to stop Superman, but to assemble all of the "meta humans" they had already in jail and could exploit

Its no crazier to think Deadshot would be of use in a universe where Batman is as capable as Superman, just like...the comics!

That's because you don't fuck with Master Roshi. There's a reason his name has "master" in it twice.

Here is how I know you've never read the comic. To Waller, harming her support staff is like laying hands on her family. Not the least because at least one member is one of her remaining blood relatives. So no, killing her support staff over anything, much less one of her fuck ups is absolutely, positively against her character.

this is katana shes got my back

>but Waller never wanted this team for Superman level threats, it's literally so she can use them for off the book missions
No shit. The problem is that her ensemble of hand-picked members were so lacking in their potential to fulfill their mission statement, that nobody with a brain would have approved it to begin with. The movie plays it off like "ok Waller, that sounds like a good idea. I'll approve whatever you want and never check in on what I'm funding."

Also

Master Roshi would just take the opportunity to cop a feel.

I think that scene just came with the knowledge of how fucked up these black ops shit really are. We don't have that cold mentality anymore where we can delude ourselves into thinking that these kind of things are morally justifiable.

Thema A-team?

Superman would fly/throw Hulk into space. While there is more radiation in space, so Hulk wouldn't die, it's not like he could get back down on his own.

You're so full of shit. Comic Waller would take the fall for her own fuckups, that's the kind of person she is

I want her to have my back.

>To Waller, harming her support staff is like laying hands on her family.
People in Waller's position do not have the luxury of empathy. Maybe in the 80s we could have lied to ourselves and pretend these unchecked and unsanctioned wetworks teams were being headed by good people acting on solid moral compasses but not today.

Well that's not how it really works. When they fuck they do not admit they fuck up and will find some fall guy to take the blame.

>No explanation for why she's roped into this
>Shit at her job
What a waste of a cool costume and a cute actress

My superhero team could beat you 2

It got Katana into the mainstream recognition and that means mission accomplished.

has any one pointed out supermans weak towards magic?

The problem is she has a whole bunch of higher ups who believe that and who she has to answer to for everything the Suicide Squad does.

Wasn’t that a fan comic?

>do not have the luxury of empathy
Waller's an ultra-bitch, but she has morals. It's like Balalaika from Black Lagoon. She can be cold and come across as an absolute monster to others, but she's a mother to her staff.

In a critically panned movie that probably won't get a sequel with her especially
To be fair not LIKE THAT and they didn't know.
But again this wasn't literally to take on Superman.

>"I have her under control"
>briefcase is literally stolen because Waller takes a nap

Lmao.

>The problem is she has a whole bunch of higher ups who believe that.
That's absolutely not true though. She convinced her higher ups by showing what enchantress stealing secrets. They completly understand that she's selling supervillains as unsanctioned assets.

Why did they make status dress like this? She was the team Mom on the Outsiders. I don’t see someone as traditional and demure as she was dressing like a slutty bike ninja.

Also I miss when her sword wasn’t a generic weebstick katana but a big fuck-off hunk of metal.

>a guy who owns many boomerangs
oh fucking kek

Isn't everything since 1967?

He’s vulnerable to it. Which means you better hit him with the power word before he punches your head off at mach 3.

A critically Panned movie maybe but there are audiences that liked this movie. DC has a Cult classic now where fans of it loved it regardless of it's flaws.

>. DC has a Cult classic now where fans of it loved it regardless of it's flaws.
You actually don't understand the entire concept of cult classic, do you?

That sexy scarred russian milf has the benefit of being a solider, Waller is
manipulator so there is a dissonance

How is this not a cult classic in the making?

reminder that she didnt even get the final kill with her own hand

Let's see:
1. It's an expensive big studio film
2. While bad, it was financially successful
3. It's not even 2 yrs old

Tell me, are the Bayformers movies cult classics by your measure?

Maybe it doesn't pass ypur cult classic litmus test but nevertheless there is that divide between critics and movie-goers where critics bashed while the audience liked it.

You realise of course that she didn't intend for the Squad to literally fight Superman, but was using a fear tactic to get what she wanted, yeah?

That happens as often as it does not, it's no particular distinction.
And online internet polls are ridiculously stilted and easy to spoof. You might as well cite strawpolls.

He was dead while she was pitching the idea.
And her first recruit was a hostile being with the destructive potential of Superman.
Why would it not be better to just kill Enchantress?
It's akin to creating Doomsday II out of Superman's body "in case another Superman shows up and starts acting dodgy".

>It's an expensive big studio film
That doesn't exclude it from being a cult classic unless you're a snob.

That's because he was the real Master Roshi and trained to overcome his weakness. If it was an alien expy it might work!

Why mess with the middle east? The military industrial complex does not need a reason, just a promise of power.

>She convinced her higher ups by showing what enchantress stealing secrets.
Why the fuck would they need the rest then?
Entchantress isn't even in the team anymore, so they should loose the interest for a suicide squad.
>They completly understand that she's selling supervillains as unsanctioned assets.
Doesn't change the fact at all, that every she is doing with them, she has to inform her bosses.

Yeah, it feels weird to call a movie a cult classic when tens of millions of people all over the world have seen it. To me, a film's a cult classic if you can mention the movie to ten random people across the street, and only one of them knows what you're talking about.

>it's no particular distinction.
Here it is. As you said this movie was almost universally panned with a lot working against it butbit still managed to cut out a sizable movie going audience with demographics that's usually hard to get with Superhero movies.
Seriously, the fact that it got blacks,latinos, and women is kinda remarkable.

Cult Classics are either very low budget fringe films that built up an unexpectedly large fanbase
or
Medium budget films (less than 70 million) that completely shit the bed in theaters but picked up a large base of dedicated fans (see: Fight Club).

Suicide Squad cost $175 million just for it's production, with a massive advert campaign.
It made over 300 million in the States alone.

There's nothing remotely "cult" about it. A handful of Sup Forums asshats claiming it is better than it is means nothing.

So you're gonna be a snob about then.

It has nothing to do with snobbery.
It's one of the most expensive films of 2016, and had one of the largest domestic grosses of that year.
By what measure do you consider that cult? It was watched by almost every normie that had even marginal interest in Cape movies.

>Here is how I know you've never read the comic

If you insist on just sticking to Ostrander's version from three decades instead of where Waller has since developed as a character, sure.

It has everything to do with snobbery. Trying to limit to small budget films is exactly the kind of snobbery that goes against what cult classics are about.

I think that do is a snob talking about the budget but I think that at the very least to be considered cult classic it shouldn't have made a ton of money, which disqualifies Suicide Squad.

So confirmed, you don't know what the term "cult classic" even means. Vs. say, a regular classic or a commercially successful film.
Once again, you are throwing around a term on Sup Forums you don't understand even slightly.

You can call Suicide Squad underrated if you like; this place is built on questionably taste.
You cannot assert a cult following for it, or propose that it's building towards one, based on nothing at all.

Throwing Hulk into space is a constant answer for how to get rid of the Hulk in Marvel. And time and time again it turns out to be a worse and worse idea. Literally every time it's done, not only does he not stay there, he comes back stronger and angrier than when he left. On at least one occasion, he came back with an entire alien planets people repurposed as an army of Hulk like beings and they nearly concurred Earth.

You're completely ignoring the fact that in the movie the brass had no interest in Waller's program until she had Enchantress steal and deliver top secret Iranian nuclear plans to their lap in a snap of a finger, right in front of their very eyes.

>Why would it not be better to just kill Enchantress?

Because she was "on a leash" and power hungry guys don't care about risks when they are delivered secrets that they've been drooling over for decades.

>Why the fuck would they need the rest then?

Because it's fucking dumb to rely on one single asset.

>Doesn't change the fact at all, that every she is doing with them, she has to inform her bosses.

Oh you naive little idiot. You think Waller's going to tell her bosses anything but the bare essentials, and only after she's put her own personal spin on things?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_film
Skwad doesn't remotely fit the criteria. It's like calling a Horse a Duck.

>Oh you naive little idiot.
Not even that guy, but I see that you are warming up to your usual posting autism, Flaming DCfaggot.

>Why the fuck would they need the rest then?
Well why not? Harley quinn and Killer croc are two major underworld figures, Deadshot and Slipknot are skilled assassins and Captain Boomerang has shown amazing aptitude for getting into bank vaults which can be translated to other high security targets.

B-but muh power levels!

Let's be real here, nothing can actually singe Superman's hair. That mother fucker has to use his own laser vision to shave, and he's in explosions all the god damn time. No amount of fire would do shit to his hair.
Case and Point.

I'm not usually the kind of person to point shit like this out, but a huge amount of the positive opinions coming out of places like Sup Forums were artificial. Not just in that we have actually for real paid shills on this site, but because there was a huge push among "certain groups" to dog pile positive opinions on this film because they saw it as the anti-Ghostbusters. Being that the Ghostbusters remake (also a shit movie) came out at roughly the same time and was viewed as a feminist movie. Some groups felt they needed to turn it into some kind of team sport style argument, so they needed a movie for their ow group and they picked Suicide Squad.

Effectively it was a lot of people who get really really angry about 'Those god damn SJWs!" deciding they need a movie of their own to rally behind as a Ghostbusters killer or some stupid shit.

Ironically, most movies turned out to be trash. But some people got pulled into the hype for SS, thinking it was going to be amazing and believing it was regardless of what else was pushed about it, because they were being manipulated or maybe were just parts of those groups. Who knows.

You can kind of see it in the way a lot of groups pioneer the movie alongside pointing out things like how hot Harley Quinn is and how the movie doesn't stray away from beating on women.

I'm not shitting on the movie and I'm sure as fuck not saying I play for the other team, because I don't. But it doesn't take special eyes to see there were a lot of strings being pulled on that one. The movie is shit.

>a huge amount of the positive opinions coming out of places like Sup Forums were artificial.
Stopped reading right there.

I am of the firm belief that even the most pathetic supervillain are still more of a match for most people.

Quinn and Croc are leg-breakers.
They have entire squads of skilled assassins at their disposal; the point of the Skwad was presented in the movie as a force to stop shit bullets would not work on.
CB likely blew the safe. They don't need him to throw explosives at villains, as was pretty well demonstrated at the end.

What? It's right. Most opinions on Sup Forums are either hyperbolic, trolling, or sperging, instead of any genuine testament on what an user thinks about a certain form of media.

Your average special forces operative or SWAT assault unit is more than a match for most people.