Fury got the idea of a superhuman response team after the Skrull invasion in Captain Marvel

>Fury got the idea of a superhuman response team after the Skrull invasion in Captain Marvel
wow
I hope we see some Timely characters in the 90's or even a Pym mention.

This movie sounds horribly boring

It's perfect for Carol Danvers.

So do you but you don't see me complaining about it.

so even after the skrull invaded shield didn't make a proper plan for a second invasion? because the chitauri were dicking around and the only ones to show up was the national guard

there's going to be a sword and abigail brand right?

kek

they had all the hydra weapons

that was so retarded they literally had the tesseract and zola working for shield and still didn't make the fucking guns work

they probably needed cores made out of Tony's new core from Iron Man II
I'm pretty sure it was based on his dad working with the tesseract

the fuck are you talking about? zola design those weapons and they worked perfectly using energy extracted from the tesseract

Is true Kevin Feige killed SHIELD in the MCU because he doesn’t want to be involved with Marvel TV?

It will be funny if Carol ends up in a coma by the end of the movie, many are introduced to Carol Danvers by the 90s X-Men Cartoon where Rogue send her to the hospital.

>is a movie to set up their wonder woman
>literally steals the story of another character
what did marvel mean by this?

partially

SHIELD collapsing in TWS was a natural part of the story the russos & mcfeeely/makrus wanted to tell because it gave a crisis of conscious to cap that fit their political thriller vibe they were going for. they were inspired by the snowden, deep state stuff as well as the helicarriers falling on top of the triskelion in ultimates 2

feige told whedon ahead of time they were going to blow up shield in TWS and to let the tv department know. ike decided to just keep going with it because he's a stubborn faggot who wanted to get to his inhumans shilling

>>literally steals the story of another character
who?

What other character? The original Cap Marvel?

> There was an idea. To bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could

who is scared they're going to have carol as the idea for the avengers and we'll never hear the end of tumblr carolfags saying yasssss slay queen is the "creator" of the avengers

>its white fury

I'm not scared at all.

Nick fury is different guys with a eye patch

to be fair fury told stark he wasn't the only superhero and i don't think cap was already defrosted so it could make sence

nah some guy called billy

That would be pretty interesting. It would be like 007/MIB; a code name given to an agent in order to protect the identity of their loved ones.

The movies have already robbed Rick Jones of his vital role in Marvel history. And Janet van Dyne of her naming of the Avengers.

Who cares if Carol is now the creator of the Avengers, the MCU Avengers were just the Ultimates with a less rapey Hulk.

The eye patch is the real Fury, it takes different hosts.

>I hope we see some Timely characters
I mean, they said they're taking inspiration from the Kree-Skrull War but I doubt we'll see this.

I hope we get to meet Richard Parker who gets impersonated by a Skrull, leading to his reputation being ruined. That way the second MCU Spider-Man movie can adapt the plot of the annual where he tried to clear his parents' reputation. The villain can be Chameleon instead of Red Skull.

>tfw Mar-Vell was a lot more interesting, and had a lot of mythos in the cosmic Marvel universe
>tfw he doesn't get a movie because muh strong woman

>Eternal Kree

Kree are space Jews?

So can they use the original Human Torch? I think we saw him in The First Avenger?

I'm really hoping she's been in space since the 90s. Cause stuck in the (similar to but legally distinct from)Negative Zone/coma/time travel all seem lame.

yes he was on display at the stark expo

Where is MCU Rick Jones? He was great in the Hulk cartoon.

Why live?

To taunt Death, who is a roastie and inferior to Oblivion.

It will be coma user, is gonna be inspirated by the X-Men cartoon depiction of Carol.

i'm actually starting to wonder if Nega Bands will get involved since we know Mar Vell is in

But will we get a Kill Bill -style scene focusing on her trying to wiggle her toes?

Good to now you won't be there

Mar-vell was a one off character and you're retarded for not understanding that. Carol brings more to the marvel universe than he ever did.

why aren't the avengers considered part of SHIELD?

They're setting him up for prequel movies or appearances in movies set in earlier times.

Jude Law is probably going to be fun as Mar-Vell. Being a father figure to Carol instead of a lover.

carol and icest go so well together

Carol's a far more interesting character, it works better this way.

Plausible.

I’m on board with this casting.

not a fan of fake tits also i hope she made some squats cause her ass was awful

>I hope we see some Timely characters in the 90's

that would be tight

if they do this, what's going to be the intro for the Fantastic Four?

They're just people trying to make the first manned flight to Mars or some shit. Challengers of the unknown if you will.

>the MCU Avengers were just the Ultimates with a less rapey Hulk.
>Cap isn't some jignostic asshole that's proud to be a government lapdog, but extremely optimistic and friendly
>Thor isn't a swedish hippie
>Tony doesn't have a serious alcohol addiction, an evil brother or a talking tumor
>Black Widow isn't a psycho assassin thats fucking Tony
>Hawkeye isn't good Bullseye
>Giantman and Wasp aren't even Avengers and they sure as fuck aren't in a literally torturous relationship
>They don't even answer to SHIELD in the first place
This is a really stupid post.

Look, I like Mar-Vell, but the man's best story was his death. Marvel can't bring him back for comic synergy like that.

students from MIT who got the Stark grant and go off into space

They're using the 97 Phoenix lights as some alien visitors to Earth. In some sense, those aliens being seen by a bunch of people will probably be the cause for SHIELD wanting to make the Avengers.

>Fox x-men Raimi spider-manand F4ntastic four show up
I know it doesn't make sense since it's set in the 90's, shut up.

this seems like the least 'plot hole' reason they could come up with. This way they don't have to explain why F4 haven't been doing shit yet, and makes sense in the MCU proper.

Why must lie to yourself user?

James Bond is not a fucking code name fuck off with that shit

>wanting to see young Reed Richards

ugh

This, Feige told them point blank, "you can go ahead but we're killing shield in like, 2 movies"

Cap already predates her, his film is even called THE FIRST AVENGER

>I'm really hoping she's been in space since the 90s

I hope they use this to portray her as kind of lame and outdated in a soccer mom kind of way

It's fair, especially since half the things you listed happened after the Ultimates, or are the obvious exceptions to the rule. The large influence of the Ultimates on both the MCU and the main Marvel universe is impossible to deny.

Moreso cutting out SHIELD makes it more clear that the Avengers are an independent superhero team and not just a SHIELD unit with powerful agents.

so they are now allowed in the MCU?
could someone explain the difference between them and the chitauri?

Honestly it's just the fucking costumes. And even then, only half of them.

Skrulls turn into other people, Chitauri can't do that.

>Avengers Initiative was first proposed by SHIELD during 70s/80s and named by Janet (Maybe it was initially called something really dull)
>Initiative is scrapped due to Janet's supposed death and Hank Pym quitting
>Fury eventually finds the proposed initiative in the early 90s
>It is scrapped AGAIN due to Carol's supposed death/disappearance
>Iron Man appears and Fury is once again inspired to restart it

"You think you're the only superhero in the world? Mr. Stark, you've become part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet."

It's never really explicit whether or not Fury was the one to create the Avengers Initiative. Would be kinda cool if it was started during the 70s, but kept having false starts.

Plus, Janet can still be the one to technically name the team.

Mousekateer detected.

Best Story =/= Only Good Story

WEW
E
W

Why would you give a shit what some teenage fuckstick say on tumblr? Why would you let that impact your enjoyment at all?

Brie is qt. And she can actually act.

Why does she look 37 when she's 28?

No, no on-screen origin story for F4. The MCU needs to do something else, much like with Spider-Man

I hope Cap Marvel will be a Super Sayan done right in a movie.

Could they possibly use this movie to bring back Ronan and the Kree to help Carol and Fury fight the Skrull? More Lee Pace is never a bad thing desu.

Fury is a symbiote that tarns himself/herself as an eyepatch

because carol is a shit character and impossible to enjoy so i feed off the misery of her "fanbase"

Maybe we gonna see Kree Sentry robots.

>yfw we see a Skrull disguised as a Xandarian do something to set off Ronan's hatred of them

>impossible to enjoy
Now this is just sad.
You hate what her writers have done for her so much that you internalize Carol as a real person who cannot ever please you even though she is just fictional character who can be changed at will by writers.

/thread

It's another universe with different rules and stuffs. Why would it bother you at all?
So they decided to make her the inspiration of the Avengers. So what?
Are you sexist or something user?

>>tfw Mar-Vell was a lot more interesting, and had a lot of mythos in the cosmic Marvel universe
I bet you read that one story in which he died and made up that on your own, huh?
>tfw he doesn't get a movie because muh strong woman
This victimized complex is hilarious. How many Marvel films with muh strong woman is there right now? You are making it sound as if there is not and will not be any other Marvel film with a male supes.

>mouseketeers already shilling another crapfest from Disney

Só this movie will have Mar-Vell? It was said before that there’s will be no Mar-Vell.

Jude Law has reportedly been cast as Walter Lawson, the alter ego of Captain Mar-Vell.

I am actually excited, though I never read the character (except for when she was Warbird in busiek's Avengers"

Thor predates him :)

>tfw larson is a crazy sjw

We need a Monica Captain Marvel movie that goes into infinity war and nextwave spinoff

Monica Rambeau might be Carol co-pilot in the Air Force.

Monica and Carol suffer the same accident but is worse for Monica who stay uncocious.

Yeah , this movie has to be Carol, Mar-Vell/Lawson, Monica, Skrulls, Krees

Can't way for Mar-Vell to die only to hear some hamfisted speech by Carol to Fury about how Mar-Vell needs to be Avenged