>emphasis on were
>Blacks aren't kings now

Conclusion: Babar is not black.

>bait thread
>twitter filename
>short OP with a simple sentence structure
нeт

I always assumed he was Indian.

Elephants are supposed to be matriarchal. So why do they keep electing kings?

he's from seth efrica

Mufasa was a fucking lion.

babar was french.
the civilization described in the book was pre 1914 france inspired. there are other french influences as well which have been discussed and documented in length. the entire book series is nostalgia for french civilization and colonialism propaganda.

big-ass ears so definitely african

I'm looking at that picture trying to figure out why I see that elephant as black
But I do??? Why??? The clothing???
This is actually hurting my brain

WE

he dresses like the congolese dandies

WE WUZ KANGZ OF ELEPHANT REALM

мдa

> virgin indian vs chad african

He appears to be an elephant. You may require mental assistance.

He's African descent. Also married to his cousin.

So, black.

I loved Babar when I was young, has it aged well?

>got civilized successfully
Obviously not.

>>got civilized successfully
Uh? Not exactly, they kicked the ass out of the hunter/colonialist and civilised themselves.

the only input was some education from the Old Lady.

He was an African civilized by France. A true francophile

He's an elephant, thus a Republican, thus white as the driven snow.

Is that really how it works? Do you automatically become white by joining the Republicans? Cause if it is I want to join the party.

animal
color
*clapping intensifies*

>Blacks aren't kings now
King Letsie III of Lesotho would beg ti differ

that’s not a twitter filename. that’s how iPhones name files now

Maybe Babar is an asian elephant...
We WUZ...

This is so aggressively tasteless that it circles right back around into being pure aesthetic perfection.

Man, it's always weird seeing those fictional European and African countries that are still monarchies in fiction, but then I get reminded that there are still these types of countries in the real world and it is just crazy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babar's_Kingdom

>Babar's Kingdom, also known in French as Le pays des Éléphants (Elephant Land), is a fictional country supposedly in Southern Africa

ACHUUUUALY...
gezzzz, get back to reedit...

>correct some "we wuz kangz xd" retard
>you're reddit

Stop trying to fit in

Do Americans really find the idea of monarchies that strange?
not shitposting i'm genuinely curious

WE WUZ KANGZ!!!!
Get back to reedit boy, you must be at least 21 to post here...

It's ridiculous to be honest; both republic and monarchies go back into antiquity and quite frankly there's nothing inherently wrong with either system; a monarchy can be more free than a republic and vice versa.

> Correcting flase claims is reddit now

You need to kill yourself.

Looks like a picture from one of those Real Life Comic Book threads.

I am not even a Burger. I am Latino. But yeah, most people in the new world find the idea of monarchy to be something belonging to fairy tales or history books.

you must be new here girl!,
KYS

To me the idea of submitting yourself to a person for no other reason than they were born from a "royal" family is absurd. I bow to no one. And yes I realize that in modern monarchies nobody really does that anymore but it's the principle of the thing. I view monarchies as cultural artifacts.

So dictadores and generales are better burriro girl?

No, worse. Newfie.

Yes, because it's a retarded concept. Just because you use yours for tourist dollars doesn't mean it's okay to have one, britbong.

He was educated, a good father and a great leader of a country he personally helped build.
If anything the rhinos were black.

to be fair the queen of bongland is probably everyones grandma

Wasn't Babar an indian elephant?

His English VA in the last 30 years was Gordon Pinsent so if anything Babar is actually a Newfie.

African.

Again, nothing inherently wrong with a monarchy; in fact, I'd say the problems in the UK are more down to a weaker monarchy not being able to stop Parliament from violating long standing rights and freedoms then counterpart; a constitution can't stand if the democratically elected body decides to throw it out and if the US was smaller, there's no way the Bill of Rights would have lasted the early half of the 20th century.

They are kind of surreal because they seem like something that could only exist in the time of antiquity, I personally find monarchies to be as anachronistic as stone age uncontacted tribes or if somebody were to tell me that in some part of the world mastodons are still alive.

DANCE WHENE'ER WE'RE ABLE

FAB (FAB)

BACK WHEN INCOME TAX WAS ALL WE HAD

Then why are you here?

Oh, right, school's out for Christmas

This.

Imagine being an American child, watching Disney movies in the 90s, and you ask your parents who the king of America is. They tell you we don't live under kings anymore, that stuff is mostly for fairy tales, etc. Then next thing you know the death of the Princess of Wales is all over the news. It was a confusing year.

This seems like problem with burger education, not other countries though.

Those are not born in power, they often are elected like in any other country but later they use their power and influence to stay con the top

European cultural influence.

It's kind of fucked up that I grew up in Newfoundland, watched a ton of Babar, but never realised Gordon Pinsent voiced him until recently. He hides the accent pretty damn well.

Perhaps but that anecdote aside monarchies really are a strange thing to exist in the modern day.
>okay so this is our countries ruler
"a prime minister?"
>No
"A president"?
>No
"A councilman or speaker or parlimentary leader of some kind"?
>No it's a king
"Do you vote for them?
>No they're leader because their parents were
"why were their parents leaders?"
>Um because their parents were before them?
"Why"?
>Um because their...because god wants them to be?
"Who told you that?"
>...them?
I often wonder if modern monarchies would also sacrifice virgins to volcanos if they were told it would result in a bountiful harvest.

I agree that monarchies are outdated and not something defensible, but the knowledge that they still exist is something that kids do possess in Europe thanks to Nordics, UK, Spain and Benelux.