Was Gamergate the first sign that Trump was going to be elected?

Was Gamergate the first sign that Trump was going to be elected?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V4akMaeZ0-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was the spark that started the fire.

I was actually thinking about this in my car today and I'd have to say yes, to an absurdly lucky degree on Trump's behalf.

Also another instance where we had to colonize reddit to affect normie opinion

Have we started the fire?

not exactly, just proof that even stupid people eventually catch on to the wool being pulled over their eyes

Are people blaming Brianna Wu yet

The fire rises

I still think it was Ghostbusters 2016 all over again, it all played out exactly the same way.

hi plebbit

Yes

Maybe.

I don't know. When did SJWs become commonly known? Did GG start it?

>being so hated that your enemies meme Donald Trump into the presidency

Everyone say thanks Zoe

It was the first symptom that was noticed from the Marxist agenda and disected throughly

>Did GG start it?
Nope, but it did give the phenomena a lot of attention.

Gamergate was one of the lowest fucking priorities

Back when you were slurping Stephen Colbert's semen, millions of Americans were bitching about immigration to which you probably said "lol, go watch fox news grandpa haha im smart" like the fucking SEAL you were

people calling video gamers sexist was such a low priority

years and years of people being fired for voting yes on Le Prop h8 or being racist, and some of you fags cheered it on and voted for obama

the moverment was a few decades in the making

ultimately, trump hit a nerve with a lot of people, including older people who don't use the internet that much

NORMAL, RESPECTABLE people who YOU demonized back in the day ultimately had to want to vote for him in order for him to win

Frog posting didn't put trump int the white house

FUck you CUNT!

The rise of "minority empowerment" that gamergate spawned in the industry combined with the simultaneous efforts of the normalfags stealing Pepe led me to lose a lot of hope these last 2 years.

Things couldn't have gone better these last 2 months in both respects.

Believe it or not this video is what started the domino effect youtube.com/watch?v=V4akMaeZ0-k

Young males watched it, and got a funny feeling deep inside that something wasn't right. So they gravitated to Mens rights videos, then they started bringing ideas they heard in those places into places like plebbit and Sup Forums, that coincided with the sjw's taking over the atheist community, shit like elvevatorgate etc kept adding fuel to the fire, then anita sakeesian happened, then donglegate etc. Gamergate was just the straw that broke the camels back.

>inb4 Mra fedora etc

weather you like it or not, they started the whole anti feminist, anti sjw movement (I'm not an mra, but I got my first red pills concerning social issues from their content)

Yes, but only in the sense that GamerGate itself was an indicator of a growing movement of feminism/white-hate, the likes of which were smacked back by disenfranchised white voters who were sick of being called racist/misogynist.

Ya, pretty much. Before It was only really used on this site.

It was an important event that sparked things, but Sup Forums's meme warfare dated back further. Think Zim Zam, Dorner.

FUCKING THANK YOU!

Pretty much. I know it swayed me. Still don't know what the fuck they were actually hoping to achieve.

>thinking GG and Sup Forums are relevant

Don't even think you Sup Forumsedditers are getting any credit for our victory

Thanks Zoe.

I'm glad people here are calling out this gamercancer faggot

>gamergate

lol is this b8 m8?
This was brewing since the 90's

I'd been seeing Tumblr SJW shit and media collusion on Sup Forums since 2011 but it wasn't much of a hot-button issue, most people, even on Sup Forums ignored it, even the DmC collusion outrage mostly blew away after a month. But when GG stuck around, and actually started growing, the concepts entered into more "mainstream" sites like Reddit and the like.

Where do you think all the Sup Forums newfags came from?

Gamers.
They targeted gamers.

It awakened a good chunk of white male millennials to lefties, so maybe.

Gamergate was the training ground for the memetic warfare of the future. It also revitalized mischievousness and was a major redpill to many Sup Forumsirgins

No but that doesn't stop him from thinking they are

We can start now

Do you hear that? Donald Trump is Ali because of you Wu.

I would argue no, but I would admit it was the first time I got the red pill and realized that videogames, and the interwebs as a whole, was no longer the purview of misanthropes, nerds, and autists. Worse we were no longer welcomed by peers who claimed to be making the way for a more diverse and better community. After years of making this community what it was, we were discarded by the wayside in the name of progress for its own sake and not for any real improvement.

In a way, GG was a microcosm for what those rust-belt states were going through.

>NORMAL, RESPECTABLE people who YOU demonized back in the day ultimately had to want to vote for him in order for him to win

If there was a more reddit post than this, I'd be surprised.

>Sup Forums newfags
guilty, I've only regularly been coming here since the action-packed concert in Paris.

Someone will look back at this era in history and wonder what the fuck they were thinking.

I honestly had no idea what gamer gate was about and am still kind of confused as to why it became such a huge deal. It was literally irrelevant to me.

I started following trump once I saw signs that said that Trump promised to make anime real.

While I'll still hold Trump to his waifu promise. I've come to appreciate the rest of his policies that I don't think I'll be disappointed if he doesn't follow through with his making anime real position. well maybe just a little.

Yep. I saw a lot of people jump from seeing gaming journalism collusion to real journalism/government collusion very quickly. It's not a crazy leap once you realize that entertainment companies are willing to bribe people for a good article, that maybe it happens on a larger, more important scale outside of vidya.

Gamergate sort of failed but ultimately the culture war escalated to a much higher plane and intersecting with lots of other culture war battlegrounds, which culminated in Trump being elected president.

Trump's affect on gaming will probably not be immediately noticeable, however the people who want to make money are waking up that the culture at large is not moving in the direction that people like Anita Sarkeesian convinced them it was.

it pursuaded some dumb redditors

But Trump wasn't going to win by video game playing faggots

Let's remember before the term 'SJW' was coined by whatever phag coined it, there were people in the late 80s and early 90s who were bitching about the ridiculous lengths the government and the media was going to to combat WAY CISM
it would be another 10-15 or 20 years before some of you even started with your ANTI-racism stage, and then a few years fater that you would get red pilled

Just because you were fucking blind to the media/elite bullshit back in 2005 doesn't mean it didn't exist

These were my sisters words when I told her today that I was glad that Clinton lost.

>GAMERGATE NOT BANNED FROM Sup Forums
sage

GG was the first sign of the mainstream media censoring opinions. It was a success for them testing out how to poison the public's opinions on people. Then, once Donald Trump started to run, you saw it again, only it wasn't the gaming journalism sector, it was the actual media. CNN. NBC. CBS. ABC. All of em. They all got their orders from their (((Overlords))) to be rediculously anti-trump and pro-Hillary.
However, whereas the gamer community bent over and took it, the American people didn't. And we won a great victory that'll be remembered for a long time, lads.

This is what happens when women try to fuck with the hobbies of men. They went for sports and other distractions. Then they went for games.

The rest, is history. If liberals want to blame someone, they should blame feminists like Sarkeesian and that Jew who spoke with the UN (and was mostly ignored).

Sup Forumsirgins, if you believe in causality, saved the West.

Don't forget how the real journalism attacked gamergate as well, trying to tear down anything that could open up to the greater problems.
Or how that Jewish thinktanks were behind many of the gamergate people

My path was Sup Forums into Sup Forums and Sup Forums for a few years into [r9k] for a month or two after a breakup and GG made me pissed at women, into Sup Forums

Right, it was rules for radicals in action. Raiding twitter was fun, and rolling through academics mentions and calling them pieces of shit was fun.

I think I rolled through like 2 5000+ post accounts during that campaign. Bitches kept banning them, and I didn't care about them getting banned cause I was user army.

Ironically, it's people like Anita Sarkeesian who stopped the culture from moving in that direction.

>newfags trying this hard to fit in

It was always burning.

oh fuck you faggot

the redditos think that clownish feminism is the worst threat to society

nothing about my post was reddit you slimy jewish cunt

im calling out some reddit tier cancer who thinks that society's problems began in 2010s when his childish hobby was being targeted, not realizing he clapped along when much bigger bullshit was going down for years already

The cuck sold Sup Forums, remember?

No, but it served as something of a boot camp for memers

Wu was at Hillary's rally last night, her tweets are pure salt.

It's reddit-tier because you're taking jokes on a anime image board so seriously.

I knew about them from men's rights abt two years earlier.. There were probably a few waves like that.

It redpilled the fuck out of a large portion of gamers.

Yeah the people who run the trump campaign probably didn't learn anything from GG which successfully beat the same people they faced during the whole election cycle albeit in an smaller scale.

First sign? No. A sign? One of many.

Definitely relevant to Sup Forums though. Much bigger scale of organization and manipulation than any of the various projects that came before.

nice digits, you're right but without gamergate bootcamp there wouldn't have been an alt right to meme trump into the presidency

Until the developers realize this though, we'll have to endure several more years of western games making brave statements by having evil "Trump" characters in them. Or maybe they'll always be shit since every studio is in the heart nu-cali and filled with those kinds of people.

Hopefully any potential tariffs don't affect Jap game prices.

>GG was the first sign of the mainstream media censoring opinions
Aussie flag

Just because you weren't paying attention doesn't mean it wasn't already really fucking obvious.
but you were to busy drinking jon stewart's cum

some of the people on here are so fucking delusional

>there were no signs until 2014

Holy fucking shit.

Meme magic aside, it was the nu-poor from the rust belt who won him the election, not anonymous shitposting. The fact that the establishment-driven narrative has completely ignored them while also sweeping them up as the boogeymen of the modern wave of identity politics that are driving every facet of political 'discourse' had a lot to do with it. Goobergump can be seen as a canary in the coal mine from that very narrow framework, but the people who actually swung this election don't give a shit about internet drama and would probably call you a coddled millenial shit if you tried to explain to them what GG is.

>Was Gamergate the first sign that Trump was going to be elected?
yes

Maybe the SJWs should have focused their energy into actual politics instead of video games were politics don't belong.

Now they have based Trump elected because they focused so much on FUCKING. VIDEO GAMES.

And don't forget how it exposed a literal inner circle of game "journalists" who collaborated on agenda-setting via email.

No, as far as I can tell it was Occupy Wallstreet.
Might go back even further.

You know, didn't Milo get his initial popularity by covering Gamergate?

This. Start a "divide and conquer" campaign blaming femshits and trannies for the rise of Donald Trump, nationalism, and white pride.

Make the left destroy each other. Whoever wins gets destroyed by right wing death squads/ Sup Forums.

Well put. Saved.

>am still kind of confused as to why it became such a huge deal
You know that famous quote? Agenda pushing SJWs got called out for what they are and they made a huge shitfit over that.

Trump did not win because of video games. this was decades in the making

most people who voted for trump could not give a shit about video games

they were bitching about political correctness before you were even born

just because some trendy faggot with some quips wasn't saying these things doesn't mean millions of normal respectable americans weren't talking about these kinds of things

Moot was right to ban gamergate, you fags really are cancer

I came from Sup Forums too. And while I was already privy to the shady shit going on in the world. I enjoyed seeing everyone come together, and come together again for this election.

It's like for one last moment rage Sup Forums came back.

gamergate was a completely meaningless event

former apathetic libtard here.

gamergate was the event that woke me up and caused me to start caring about politics. i actually completely ignored the phenomenon while it was active, but ended up reading a summary of events after it had mostly died down. the realization that all the relevant power structures in the west were aligned together and controlled the entire cultural discourse, often in direct opposition to fact and common decency, was shocking and enraging to me.

i'm pretty sure that the counter-culture efforts set in motion by gamergate eventually ended up tipping the election in favor of trump. god bless vidya autists.

I said this today to my friend.

Gamergate started all of this. You can trace the origins of everything that happened here to the 5 guys event and ZQ and her goons pulling the same shit on irc to manipulate minor organizations.

Strangely she's from wealth and often changes her name.

>gamergate

mega cringe

Gamergate has been over for years. This is harmless discussion in a historical context, and Moot's not even in charge anymore.

Actually no I don't.

maybe OP was joking, but the reality is people try to push this narrative because they don't want to admit the people they demonized back in the day were actually right

and that faggot Milo gives way too much credit to gamergate

gamergate got media attention

but so did many other controversys

Remember, some gamercancer really genuinely believes PC culture started in 2014, and not decades before that

>trying this hard

Oh boy here come the redditors still dragging the corpse of a dead hashtag with them hoping to ride the coattails of other peoples work and claim it as their own. Gamergate devolved into a fucking cringy fedora ridden sjw shitfest. You faggots didn't accomplish anything but you sure love claiming credit.

>We took down Gawker guys

No Hulk Hogan did

>We won Trump the whitehouse

No the alt-right did

Hang yourselves.

It's really not at all strange that she's just a whiny trustfund baby

meme warfare existed before gamergate

Yeah, I remember when the internals got leaked, and everyone got to see the logs. It was funny too see. DESU though, there was definitely some fuckery going on with some fags at inifinityChan trying to stir shit up too.
Shit was great, the e-celeb shit got old super fast.
It was fun though, you have to admit. Learning their tactics, learning how to piss them off. Learning how to destroy their revenue.
I mean we fucked gawker up before hulk got a hold of them. I think we got like half their advertisers to quit over that "bring back bullying tweet".

>most people who voted for trump could not give a shit about video games

Who made the memes that made everyone pay attention? Who spammed social media with every dirty deed the democrats have ever done?

Like it or not, gamergate was what would create what they label the alt-right.

she's literally white trash
you have to go back to your subreddit

Lurk a bit more then, that Gobbels quote gets reposted a shitton of times.

It's the same thing with out favorite Hungarian businessman going really heavy handed with his "progressive" agenda, really.

The fire fucking rises

Buckle in for PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP's wild ride

I can't believe we did it. What am I supposed to do with all my Awoos now?

This is the correct answer. People love to feel as if they had a hand in any accomplishment

>0.02 shekels have been deposited into your account

/thread

>Game community bent over and took it

The exact opposite happened you stupid fucking emu.

Yeah but it trained a group in it. It was something of a testing ground.

>i was born in 2007

Overly political correct gender studies types have been a thing and the brunt of many jokes since the 80s, they just weren't so loud because the Internet wasn't a thing and they hadn't grow up and infiltrated media and politics yet.

It's inevitable-- fringe left-wing movement gains power, over exerts its influence, and then causes a backlash.

Anita Sarkeesian was the #1 recruiting tool for the anti-feminist movement, because she tapped into something really primal: she wanted to censor video games, and she wanted to stop men from fapping to video games.