Sup Forums Christmas Cheer Thread #21

Previous thread It's that time of year again. Time to share holiday comics, cartoons, comradery, traditions, and spread some cheer to your fellow anons.

As previous years share your Amazon wishlist and some random user may purchase a holiday gift for you. I'll have two of these pastebins going, one filled with the ungifted wishlist codes and another with all wishlists that have been posted this year.

To get your wishlist code open you wishlists on Amazon, then click on the name on the left side of the page it will update the URL at the top after /wishlist/. If you are using one of the international versions of Amazon please let us know when you post your list.

Amazon will automatically donate a small portion of your purchase amount to the charity of your choice if you simply type "smile.amazon.com" (or smile.amazon.co.uk) rather than using the usual "www". Doing this is just one more way to spread the love this holiday season (and the rest of the year too, if you so choose).

If you frequent the threads please don't spam your list number, if you want to keep sharing it please only post it once per thread. Just because you've posted your list doesn't mean someone will purchase you a gift. It's random how user's will choose who to buy for. But please take a look through some of the lists and see if there's anyone/thing you want to gift.

The pastebins will be updated at least once a day, if you have any questions or concerns you can email Elusive at [email protected]

Amazon changed how their lists work so please post letting us know when you buy gifts for someone.

Ungifted: pastebin.com/36vJM2pE
All: pastebin.com/rf4GDz5h

At time of post we're at 176 registered, 28 ungifted, a 84% gifted rate.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Epic_Collection
youtube.com/watch?v=QCIrs2hmgFs
youtube.com/watch?v=0jD6Rjg3F6M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BAH HUMBUG

An user requested this on the last thread, so here we go

One of my favorites and the one that has the greatest daredevil t-shirt design.

Speaking of, anyone storytimed the Humbug comic?
I remember being able to find an issue a year or two back, but never any more than that.
It was pretty neat, about Scrooge using his curse to see ghosts as not a lesson, but a gift to hunt them.

Sorry for storytime posting, bad connection

Reposting just incase he didn't see it last thread,
6LP7YNO1X51J, Merry Christmas!
Your Gift Will Be Here By Saturday

Black Manta movie when? He's my favorite male villain.

That sounds amazing, i never heard about it before

Oops, Sorry Mexianon

Damn it John! You never swerve for animals.

Me on the left.

Thank you so much, dude. I love this run.

This motherfucker right here...

Just travelled half way across the planet. Santa is a champ to pull off the whole thing.

One day I'll get this sweater. One that I can fit in.

Will we be doing a board Christmas card or what?

Cause it is a disgrace not to do it.

I can help with that, if ya want to email me about it.

>and all it's getting is colder and darker
>and darker
He's just assuming that, right?

POST FASTER YOU FUCK

I MEAN THANK YOU

The end, I love this run.

Uhh, sure.

Do go on. Im not familiar with Cards tradition.

Same here. This is an amazing Xmas issue and solid Daredevil. Thanks again for the storytime.

I'm gonna head to bed, got a long day set for tomorrow. If you want to email about this Elusive you can reach me at fleshofthedamned
at
aol
dot
com

Ahh, to be that stupidly young again.

A what now?

Good stuff, and sorry for pic posting during the story time.

Take it easy, POFG.

You take a white rectangle, and copy+paste various Sup Forums things on it (official images and Sup Forums drawings). It's a digital image that you send to the other boards. It's a great thing, and needs to be brought back.

I guess, some covers of the most loved storytimes, a few scribs by scribs, some of Manta claus tale, and other winners of the khankest, not mine. Sounds like a nice idea, and probably Sup Forums will send us bunch of baneposting and rotten scores our way back.

I LIKE IT

This sounds like a lot of fun, i'm in 100%

Haven't seen those before. Got any examples from previous years?

RIWCARA1IDA8 .de

Morning people.

I've got nothing to contribute except hope everyone is feeling super festive by now. I've been laid up in bed for the last two days coughing my guts up. The highlight has been eating bags of Haribo in a row whilst watching endless amounts of "caught on camera" ghost programs to get the spook on. I live a charmed life.

Has anybody got snow yet?

I might have saved one, but even if I did, I have no idea how I named it.

I know I contributed this image to it, and I still have it.

I'm very tempted by Kikaider and the Side Machine and, having discovered it last night, the Gavan and Saibarian set.

I think some idiot in town knocked over a telephone pole, Internet has been down for the last 2 hours.

You do realize I've got one of my emails in the OP of the thread. I'd delete this if I were you.

Had maybe half inch yesterday, now think we're up to two

Hey, man. I've always wanted to get into Kamen Rider. I have no experience with sentai other than power rangers as a kid. What would you say is a good place to start. I've read that people usually recommend W.

We had snow but it melted and now it's ten degrees celsius and cloudy and I'm kinda mad

3GFR5WISZCL7S has been gifted.

I couldn't send him a gift ticket but I'll write it here in hopes he'll see it.

Get some good DC Comics mate. Hope you'll enjoy them

You British?
Here in the North West, we had some snowfall the weekend before last (didn't last though), some below-freezing temperatures, but then the thaw came.

Which reminds me - you ever see Christmas lights hanging from a leafless leafy tree? Then a thaw comes, maybe some mist, or some rain, or at the very least the snow on the tree melts, so it's covered in a thin layer of water? And then the temperature drops below freezing again, and the water on the tree freezes? And it creates this kinda prism that helps refracting the lights? Looks pretty neat.

Norwegian from the southern part of the country, so somewhat close. We had real winter last week but now it's back to this.

I've seen that a few times, and yeah, it looks really cool. Lights in general are pretty great though imo, they really help with the winter darkness.

Shot in the dark here, hoping someone can help me out with some holiday shopping. I'm considering buying a Superman: Red Son hardcover that's on holiday sale in an online store in my country, but I can't find fucking anything online describing what the quality is like, most videos on youtube are people just describing the story, not even bothering to mention what copy they're holding or going into how the quality of it is.
It says that it's the Turtleback School & Library edition, and it's got 9780606352284 as the ISBN number. Sometimes library editions are awesome, like the Hellboy ones, but I also know that some library/school editions are just TPs rebound with a hard cover so they'll last, which I don't think sounds very good at all. If the binding and paper's the same I might as well have a TP, you know?

So, against all odds, is there anyone out there who owns this version, or has handled one, and who could tell me what the quality is like? If you're out there, Sup Forumsmrade, please help.

It's not like the Hellboy Library Editions, Let's just get this out of the way, it is exactly like you said:
A TPB Bound for the sake of protection.

Oh yeah I never thought it'd actually be like the Hellboy ones, but I hoped it might be of a middle-ground quality between the two extremes. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait until I find a nicer copy of it to buy. Thanks.

Wow, I missed several threads in a row but I hope everyone's doing well. Finally saw The Last Jedi, I definitely thought there were some issues but overall I enjoyed it and I don't really get all the hate. And this is coming from a huuuuge expanded universe fan who didn't like TFA much.

I want to storytime The Father Christmas Letters by JRR Tolkien, but I can't find a digital version. Worse comes to worst, I can just take photos of my book because it really needs to be shared. It's basically the illustrated letters Tolkien wrote his kids from Santa, and the worldbuilding and comfiness are both off the charts.

(one of my fave drawings from last year's threads)

>Has anyone got snow yet?
Yes, and we've got more than enough to share

Hang in there, Sheol! Don't eat too many of those bears or you will start shitting candy!

>Has anybody got snow yet?

We had snow a couple of days ago but according to the forecast, we'll have a snowless Christmas this year

I thought DC had a Deluxe Edition of Red Son but that would probably be hard to get since it's out of print

Good luck with that. Far as I can tell, it's been years since DC released Red Son in a hardcover format, so it's nigh-impossible to find one in good condition for a reasonable price. I've managed to buy one a few years back and even then it was only thanks to constant monitoring of ebay and ISBN search aggregators. It must've become even harder now, unless DC did a reprint since then.

> from a huuuuge expanded universe fan
Oh, I want to ask you a question. I saw this Epic Legends collection that Marvel released and I'm thinking if it's a good way to read more of the Legends comics. Should I go for it or avoid it?

W kicked off the "new" Heisei era and it was my first of the modern series. I absolutely loved it, so I'd say give it a try. If it works out for you, give the next two series, OOO and Fourze (which do a nice crossover movie featuring W), a try.

As to Showa, if you don't mind retro kinds of things, I suggest checking out Amazon and Stronger. If you like more grim and gritty stuff, check out the more recent Amazons series.

>I have no experience with sentai
Check out Zyuranger (a personal favorite) and Dairanger which is what they used footage from for MMPR. I also love Kyoryuger (another dinosaur-themed team with comedic elements and a lot of heart) and Gokaiger (a legacy series wherein the pirate-themed team gains abilities used by past teams).

What are the contents? There are a few different epic collections of the legends material

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Epic_Collection
You can check them here. They are at 18 volumes right now.

Hey Zum, I found a Hakaider figuart you might be interested in.

Yeah, as far as I can tell the regular hardcover editions are only available second-hand if you're lucky, leaving the library one was the only hardcover you can get your hands on. But I'd rather put the money towards completing my Hellboy or Absolute Sandman collection and just waiting until they reprint Red Son, rather than buying an overpriced TP.

>tfw 18 volumes released and another few solicited and still no Dark Empire
I finally ordered an old DH copy. I know Clonepatine is divisive, but it was my first SW book, so it still hold a place in my little black heart.

why don't you just get the regular TP?

I kind if want to buy the Legion of Super-Heroes Silver Age omni as a Christmas gift for myself, but I probably shouldn't spend 50€ on one book.

So I just looked up the edition on my Amazon and it says "Bibliothekseinband" which is the library binding you mentioned. Usually, library bindings refer to books with hardcovers so unless I'm not totally mistaken there should be no way that it's an actual paperback. It is NOT a regular hardback because there are some slight differences in how the exterior looks

I'm quite sure vid related is the book because it looks exactly how books with library binding look. If I'm not totally mistaken, the Mexican Kingdom Come book from one of the mexianons also has library binding

youtube.com/watch?v=QCIrs2hmgFs

I always thought library edition meant hard cover, specially with dustcuver/jacket. KC doesnt have a dustcover, because they didnt do that until this year.

I say you wait, one I love sandman, two its one of the most famous DC elseworlds, they will reprint it.

It's one of those stories that I've read a dozen times already, so it's not that I'm dying to own a copy to read it right now, I just want a nicer copy of it for the future. Same with the Hellboy library editions and Absolute Sandman. I probably won't be re-reading it any time soon, but when I inevitably do I want those nice big pages to look at.

It's pretty much the same thing I do with classic books. Most of them are in the open domain so I get them off of Project Gutenberg for free, and then I look up a real nice edition to buy when I know that I like it, rather than throwing money on a cheap paperback that I'll end up replacing. Right now I'm eyeing up a couple of different Jane Austen collections for example, it's what made me notice the Red Son copy in the same store. If I'd buy paperback versions for all the classics I read I wouldn't be able to afford to read hardly any, same with comics. I'd never have read Sandman if it wasn't for a Sup Forums storytime, for one.

Since he says it's the Deluxe Edition I figured the library version wouldn't look anything like that. I'd assume that the library edition wouldn't have that nice embossed cover for example, instead having a hardy hardback cover with the same image as the slip-cover. Especially since there's no images of the library version that isn't just a cropped view of the image from the slip-cover.

any chance you'd take a photo of your raider collection, i'd like to see your figures

>Waid Daredevil

Meh I'll pass

well, then it's my mistake. I didn't watch the entire video, sorry. makes sense too now that I think of it. Kingdom Come Deluxe also has a dust jacket with a black cover. there really are no pictures online, quite weird. I still expect for the library binding to be somewhat similar to the Deluxe. Maybe it has the contents of the TPB but in a hardcover format?

Here's an example of what the difference between TBP and library edition is. I think the Red Son LB edition really might be similar to the mexianon's Kingdom Come "hardbacks"

youtube.com/watch?v=0jD6Rjg3F6M

I haven't read the OP in a few threads. And now I can't delete it. It's a throwaway email, at least. I rarely use it for anything.

One of mine, too.

Gonna finally see The Last Jedi on Sunday.

If you can afford it you should, if you can't, wait until you can.

cont.

All the Red Son books apparently have the same number of pages. As far as the size goes TPB < LB < Deluxe, meaning the Deluxe apparently has a dust jacket while the LB is literally the TPB but in a hardcover format (without dust jacket).

Considering the Deluxe has zero additional pages, you might as well get the LB because LB editions are literally made in order to make TPBs last longer

Across which pond?

First 12 episodes of the OG. A must.

Kuuga.

I also really liked this one of yours

Thanks for the new kids. (Lower right) They came while I was out of town.

It snowed here for a day. I mean it's Louisiana so that's pretty crazy.

I found out I have to pay the rent this month. December is being a hobag money wise. At least there's plenty of free food.

Hmm, considering that the Deluxe versions on ebay and amazon costs literally 6-10 times(without shipping) as much as the LB does, I might just buy it instead of holding out hope at finding a deluxe version I could afford buying.
Or just wait for a reprint to happen. Like says, with how famous it is it's bound to get a reprint sooner rather than later, right? Hell, at this point I'd expect them to make a movie adaptation of it.

Decisions decisions. Thanks for the help anyways, guys. Now I at least know that I'm not missing some obvious site where I could have gotten a look at the book. Even the ebay listings for the library version just has the same damn image as all the stores. Would it have killed them to take a regular photo of the actual book? In these cases you really DO need to judge a book by its cover.

I drew this for the thread a few years ago so have some Christmas Molly Hayes.

>Louisiana
which city?

Baton Rogue.

you don't happen to have a quite extensive collection of amibos, do you?

I have braced very recent problems with my turd world ISP and its kikery just to bring you this massive themed storytime:

No.Not a fan.

It's quite snowy here in the Badger State.

Time for the recently released Curse Words Holiday Special, featuring Guest Artist Mike Norton!

Thank you.