People will defend this

People will defend this

nope. no one will
next thread

No one does. You have literally never seen anyone defend this.

>People
Name 5

user. . . . user. . . user. . . . and then there were those two Anons. .
MAN they made me angry with their (insert nonsense here)

Why does she get away with it? If someone wrote Iceman saying what the holy anal bleeding everyone would get upset.

>Gabby samefags on Sup Forums
No surprise there

the book is cancelled. No one "got away with it"
But good luck with your quest to find something to be angry about.

Considering no one is buying this apparently, no one cares anyway.
If I knew I was getting cancelled, I'd go crazy with the script too.

/thread

I never said that you lying fuck.

its in the archive

Cancelled for a reason, they pushed the agenda a bit too hard.

cancelled for many very good reasons. . . .. the 'agenda' is the least of them

>"and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids! And that fucking dog!"
g.rivera

You seem pretty mad about people criticizing this book

Well, I am a ticking time bomb of fury

Oh god, the art.
Also, once it's over, hope we can do a thread seeing the whole issues and learn why the comic sucks.

>Why does she get away with it?
Because she's the trifecta of non-male, non-white, and non-straight.

Can you honestly imagine anyone at Alonso-era Marvel telling Gabby Rivers she "couldn't" do anything or that she was "wrong"?

Like, why was any of this a surprise.

>I knew it was getting canceled.
It got canceled because of new management at the top, and because the cancellation should be shuffled along with a lot of other stuff.

In a sane world the book would have been canceled after the first arc, if not after the first issue. Instead Marvel allowed this title to do damage for an entire year.

Imagine any other company basically putting out a serialized product that screamed "WE HATE YOU FANS! HEY ALL GUYS WHO BUY MARVEL COMICS? YEAH WE HATE YOU! YOU'RE RACIST AND SEXIST AND BIGOTED YEAH!" They did this for a whole fucking year, and the "stories" in book were complete nonsensical wankery besides, but they had to be celebrated in the press as if they were rare genius.

The problem wasn't even so much that the sales were bad. It's that the book is/was a consistent reminder of how much the Marvel management actively hated the existing audience and wanted to insult them constantly. I'm sure some kind of survey could be done that proves upwards of 15k readers of other Marvel titles stopped reading Marvel altogether in 2017 because of the existence of "America", at least in part. It would be cited in the top five reasons for many readers leaving.

>implying

Uh sweetie America sells 250 million copies a week, even reprints sorry #masculinitysofragile that you're unable to appreciate #strongwomyn

why?
Honestly this book doesnt need a post mortem. it needs to be deleted and forgotten. It sucks for two reasons, writer and artist.

An ellipsis is only three periods.

I added a few extra because OP

I'm more amazing they mentioned the word ''binary'' without going all ''the gender binary is a lie'' and shit.

I liked one user's male version of Holy Menstruation being Great Gushing Ejaculations.

most of the book had solid art

You think so?
I thought a lot of it was horrible.
Maybe my hatred for the writing carried over, I dunno.

The author and her friends probably speak like this. It is not bad writing: it is presuming the major audience want this.
The "vocal minority" meme finally explains something factually.

Is there a greater hell than hanging out with Gabby Rivera and her friends/hangers on while they talk about social justice and misuse gratuitous Spanish?

>Jizzing Jupiter, Jimmy!

Not him
People are just tired of beating a dead horse instead of actually reading good comics

Always amazes me how the story reads like an actual 10 year old wrote it

It's like reading Tintin in America, written by an actual American as a critique of Mexican politics.

She doesn't have eyeballs. Nice dubs.

>If I knew I was getting cancelled
This was in the first issue.
I mean, we all knew it would get canceled eventually when it came out, but I can't say that for Rivera.

Can America Chavez be salvaged?

I want her nose to be edited longer

The agenda is what took priority over writing in Gabby’s mind. Hence, the agenda is at the top of the charts for reasons why the book was cancelled.

I’m getting really tired of you agenda deniers.

Um no, Axe Cop was way better

You think she has an agenda
I just think she is a useless retard

I'm happy to say BOTH are correct reasons.

>holy menstruation is offensive and gross

>christianity is based on blood sacrifice and symbolically eating flesh of the prophet that's worshipped but people don't have a problem with it.
>conquistadors freak the fuck out at actual blood sacrifice even though that's what their christ did

it's just a joke. grow the fuck up, user

>Getting a cheeky feel in while carrying the damsel in distress

We're a comic book club that are fans of The Room for a reason

Summa Cum Buckets!

Altgeekpepe

No. No one has defended this. Even the dumbasses I know who unironically like this comic skirt around that line of dialogue whenever I bring it up.

With sufficient exposure to Ewing, yes.
He'll find a way to spin her into the most Home Depot lesbian who ever slurped an oyster and make it fun to read.
Maybe a parody of Rivera's cunty abomination. All you need to do is make her be wrong. She gets counted out by her gf for being a cunt. She acts like one of the boys and gets raised eyebrows because most male heroes don't actually act like that. Or maybe she tries to be woke a f, but it backfires hard because she is not surrounded by teens. Maybe shit-talk dudes around married women and mothers with sons. Sue would have a few choice words, I bet.
Just really belly-flopping with her shit until she learns to shut her face and act like a normal human being while surrounded by them. Or maybe she gets called out by Moon Girl for appropriating Earth culture, Latinos in particular. She isn't from here. She should not act as though she knows better about what humans should act like. Everyone else at least grew up human and on Earth. She is a fucking alien immigrant and her self-righteous attitude does not make her popular. And then the little shit adjusts her glasses and gets back to her laptop.

Anyway, bitch gets told, learns and becomes a real person.

>Issue 9 sold under 10,000 copies
>People will strawman #masculinitysofragile and #strongwomyn to defend this

Monica deserves better than to star in this. She was the Captain Marvel I grew up with actually.

Easily, Gabby Rivera didn't actually add anything to America as a character.

Just move her out of college which removes all those "supporting characters" and have her be a regular superhero with non transient supporting characters.

of all the things that people get pissed off about in this comic, this is the least worthy of anger. it's a joke.

this joke is the least of the bad writing. get over this joke.

Happy it got cancelled. Makes room for a book that might be worth reading.

Do you always get "mad" and "happy" mixed up like that? You must have had a messed up home life.

>it's a joke.
Jokes are supposed to be funny.

8.3k copies for #9. They can keep publishing with numbers like that if they want, but they'll soon find themselves covered in mouse shit.

For every really good joke, there are dozens of bad ones. Odds are, yours is one of them.

This book is pretty shit, but just to play devil's advocate, people use "balls" as a swear, this isn't that much of a stretch

"What the holy balls are you doing here?"

No one says that. Google that phrase, I just did. No one really says that. At all. Ever.

Well, it's a rather uncomfortable and potentially messy process that people don't like to talk about.
Genitals as such are used in expressions. Sex is used. So is defecation. They are strong, unambiguous symbols. Menstruation is a dubious blessing at best and not really a symbol for anything.
So it's really more in a category with passing kidney stones or copious ear wax. Not much of a symbol for anything. The fixation on it is a feminist thing because it ties into their political leanings. That's like MRAs getting cocky about having random erections at work and insisting to talk about that. It's a thing what happens and nobody is too keen on talking about it.
Now, if she were to use something clever with a relatable nature that sounds like lingo from a culture of only women, that would work. She has no male point of reference for her expressions, so things female anatomy does which make for apt pictures would be ideal.
Like when it's cold she might call that "perky" weather.
Any way you turn this, it's not funny, smart or very appropriate.
If anything she would likely have more euphemisms for a thing that influences the behaviour of her entire culture as a common inconvenience.
Stoners don't glorify the munchies, much as Swedes don't celebrate snowfall or Thais monsoon rains. It's a common inconvenience that has little mystery when everyone shares the experience.
You talk about these things flippantly and dismissively, if at all. Because they all just had the same problem.

>their
clearly a girl

I'm so glad this madness finally came to an end.

people do say "holy balls" though

but they also say "holy tits"

Note how that's not "holy nocturnal emission"?
Because that's just yuck.
Also you need a good, strong word with one syllable to make the exclamation roll off the tongue.
That makes menstruation with four really bad and awkward.
Which is funny when you are parodying a campy Batman show, but for an earnestly uttered phrase it just adds unintentional hilarity instead of style.