Been a long time away from comics, want to get back into capeshit. Seems like Marvel went full SJW, so i'll stick to DC...

Been a long time away from comics, want to get back into capeshit. Seems like Marvel went full SJW, so i'll stick to DC. What are the best titles currently ongoing?

Deathstroke
New Super-Man
Superman
RHATO

Deathstroke is widely considered the strongest title

Other than that opinions vary

Doom Patrol is good but the schedule for release us fucked

Deathstroke? Really?

No good Batman titles?

It's hard to make someone understand without just saying read an arc but yes, really

Good, love him as a villain since Judas Contract. Will give it a go.

Super Sons

Also, why didn't he get a deluxe hardcover?

Seconding New Super-Man, it's a great book.

>strongest title

People who are reading it, like. Saying it's 'widely considered' the strongest is both far from true and genuinely clear hyperbole. There are plenty of people (as either the weekly digital sales charts posted here) OR the LCS store reports posted here and elsewhere, and/or the Diamond Sales Charts of Books Ordered reports would show. It's not even regularly among the ten best selling of the Rebirth titles NOR is it the most commonly mentioned when these threads come up, so 'widely' is not only merely far too kind (to err on the side of caution) but it's a blatant lie, user.

It would probably help if you said what kind of stuff you like. There are people who really like Batman and don't like Superman, or who really like things like Deathstroke and Suicide Squad, with no interest in the Trinity or the lesser team books.

>New Super-Man
>Superman
>Super Sons

Of the Superfamily books, these are generally considered standout, especially Jimenez's work on Superman and Super Sons, which is often called during story-times and generally to be among the strongest in comics today. Personally, I'm reading all three of these and enjoying Super Sons a lot because of the humor and dynamic and enjoying the interplay of the family dynamics in Superman. Some folks have complained that it's too much Jonathan Samuel Kent (the new Superboy, biological child of Clark and Lois) and too much family and not enough punching, beat downs, etc.

Of the Bat family books, people who like King are liking his run, but even those people admit it starts off slow and if you aren't use to his repetition and back and forth minimalism volleys of dialogue, that say it only has improved once he's gotten into a grove (by the Kite Man arc, seems to be the concession). Not reading it, so can't comment on it personally or really get into it more. Red Hood is also praised, and again due to the interplay and dynamics between Bizarro, Jason and Artemis. It's not at all, apparently, like Redhood and Arsenal or the other prior RH books, even though Lobdell wrote some of those. I've only read some of the arcs and enjoy them but a trade would have suited me, versus reading it all. Lobdell is still Lobdell in my opinion and a little of him, even improved, goes a long way. If you liked his earlier stuff, you should like the whole run.

People have really liked Green Lanterns but the writer just changed. People have also really liked Hals & Pals. Aquaman has improved, I found the first three arcs to be tedious repetitive.

This, but replace Superman with Mister Miracle

Deathstroke
New Super-Man
All of Young Animal
Mister Miracle

Metal's been alright, and Priest's Justice League is shaping up to be a very good, notable run on the title. Potentially the best run since Kelly if Priest can swing it.

Deathstroke
Same writer just took over Justice League. It might finally be good
New Super-Man
Superman
Super Sons
Red Hood and the Outlaws

Honorable Mentions:
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps and Green Lanterns are both decent. Same for the Flash

Literally all of them are worth reading. Rebirth is based AF.

15 replies in and no shitposts? Bravo Sup Forums.

Harle--

Aww man!. I was gonna, now I feel bad

Aquaman is solid, if nothing to rave about.
Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye is fantastic.
Anything to do with Hannah-Barbra characters is worth a look, especially Flintstones.
Detective Comics is really interesting, with the Batfamily and Cass's relationship with Clayface.

You mean this one?

Mother Panic was nice before they decided to change the artist.

The ballad of Kite man is based AF

99% of Marvel has nothing to do with "SJWs", but it is still mostly shit.

Really neither Marvel or DC have very much worth reading unless you're a characterfag, though if you are one DC's stuff is serviceable.

This.

I'd buy Deathstroke Rebirth deluxe hc in a heartbeat

>hurr durr sales = quality

Fuck off, Deathstroke is leagues better then the "top 10 best selling titles"

i want to say that i got into comics recently, and even when i still prefer the MCU to the DC movies, in comics i've been enjoying much more DC than marvel except for a few marvel gems like The Vision

MCU>DCEU
DC Comics>Marvel Comics
That's the general consensus, user

Deathstroke
New Super-Man (soon to be New Super-Man and the Justice League of China)
Doom Patrol
Shade, the Changing Girl (coming back in March as Shade, the Changing Woman)

I think it's pretty safe to say these are the "best" and most consistently good titles DC is putting out right now.

Other widely praised stuff would be:
Superman
Batman (this one is divisive)
RHatO
Mister Miracle

I would also recommend reading the recent Flintstones series, just ended a few months back but easily up there with the best comics of 2016/2017. The whole series is already out in 2 trades, buy them please.

add to that
DC Animation > Marvel Animation

Dumping the New Super-Man food variants cause they are awesome.

God I love Kenan's shit eating grin.

I believe this is it as far as the food variants go so far.

Shade the changing girl was good

The newfags that shit like rebirth and legacy attract.

You should check out Spider-Man and Deadpool
Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
The Vision
And Guardians of the Galaxy
Carnage also had a really good 16 issue run post Secret Wars

I just noticed that Kong is always eating on the covers of his comic, is this a running joke in the series?

spiderman is the one marvel title that never lets me down.

Sadly, the flagship title, Amazing, has been written by Slott for the past 10 fucking years or so, so it’s easily the worst Spider-title currently going, on the upside, Slott is leaving amazing soon after his “Go Down Swinging” story. Spectacular, SM/DP and Renew Your Vows though have all been pretty great

???

In almost every single cover of New Super-Man ITT shows him eating or with food.