Unpopular opinions thread

I dont mind that spongebobs still running. I know that if they stopped making new episodes theyd stop rerunning the old episodes, and it mostly S1-3 episodes they rerun anyways and ignore the newer shitty episodes. Also, nick hasnt made anything good in years, loud house is the first new nicktoon ive cared about in 5 years.

Rebirth is not all that great. All it did was help solidify DC after DCYOU flopped. It has yet to produce material as good as the Nu52 best.

As much as I hate the shit seasons of SpongeBob, I like the 2015 movie and recent new episodes.

I'll be honest, I hate how the show was spammed over the years but, I don't want SpongeBob gone because it's the LAST surviving OG Nicktoon from the good old days. And outlasted all the greats. And without SB nick is shit.

And Loud House can't curry Nick by itself as good as it is. It needs help. And if Nick & CN didn't fuck up their respective line ups and had a mix or Current & Old , things would be good.

Teen Titans Go is fun to watch

Spongebob got it pretty good, it had its run the creator wanted, made a legit series finale, and then it was over. The milking part was reviving it and making more episodes, with the creator gone for the most part. The main issue with a series running long is the characters get raped and people worrying that since the writing is getting worse, its not just ruining the characters but by the time the show ends the final episodes are gonna suck. SB got his finale and the later episodes can be ignored, you got the series you were going to get before the milking.

The problem left is reputation- on one hand you get SB's older seasons getting screen time, respect, and recognition whereas if it ended when it was meant to it'd have likely died out like Rugrats and if The Splat would've been made like it has been now, that'd be where Nick airs it. But now with it running awhile its the kid show that gets simpson and family guy length hate because it went sour.

The only way this milking thing could be better is if the episodes were more enjoyable, but here if you hate the new eps you can ignore them and just enjoy the prime series and not what came after, and if you like the new ones, you have something to watch.

CN shouldn't have ended Adventure Time and Regular Show, it was clear they were winding it down in the staff anyway but now with cancellation both shows had to rush their shit and it made all the stuff they were doing either poorly executed or just bad. Adventure Time has less of an excuse than Regular Show, when CN canned them they let them stop working to think of the finale's story and everything, and even after cancellation the writers kept adding more and more shit they need to wrap up.

Regular Show was cancelled halfway into an experimental season and they weren't given time to work on their finale that was 15 episodes way, actually the opposite. CN rushed them to hell and back, after it was canned was when they scheduled the episodes that they finished, and every episode aired in 3 weeks, and 2-3 months before the series finale had finished production CN already put out a press release when it'd be airing.

To get this back on topic with the Sponge, I'm curious what their second series finale will be, if they'll try to keep it status quo to stay behind the first movie to keep it, narratively, the series finale, or if they'll retcon it as if what's after the first movie is a different thing. Maybe give Sponge his boating license, if it's the latter. If it's the former, just make it a feel good episode with Bob being buds with Squid, I'd be down for that.

I think all TTG fans need to burn in a giant chemical fire

Im just glad its still airing desu. Plus, spongebob was actually good while rugrats was objective trash. I still think spongebob would be rememberd more fondly and be more relevant had it ended at the movie then rugrats is now.

What do you hate about it so much? It doesn't encroach on the real Teen Titans animated series, and the characters and plots are zany caricatures of what they were on the original show. It's fun and has a lot of throwbacks. It's meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

>the characters and plots are zany
overly so that it hurts to watch

SpongeBob seasons 4 - 9a can actually be surprisingly funny sometimes.

even though SpongeBob season 9b and onwards looks much better visually, the writing somehow got much more bland and boring.

Clarence is a great show.

the first season of SU was the best.

Lord dominator is not attractive.

dr. pig memes aside, back at the barnyard was a really hilarious show.

>unpopular

Its annoying as fuck. I dont even like the OG titans. Plus they spam it to shit. It has the most godawful and cringey humor of any show on right now. Its probably the worst thing CN has ever aired
Your right, It is unpopular too, which makes the spamming even more baffiling

>the first season of SU was the best.
Is this even an unpopular opinion at this point?

>Clarence is a great show.
Yes, its probably the most underrated show of the kast decade. I thought id hate it but its hilarious
>the first season of SU was the best.
Yes, but i enjoyed it more when more gems arrived. Its chock full of issues now but overall i still like it
>Lord dominator is not attractive.
You had me and you lost me, are you a faggot son?
>dr. pig memes aside, back at the barnyard was a really hilarious show.
It was an absolute masterpeice. One of my favorite shows as a kid and suprisingly still holds up

>You had me and you lost me, are you a faggot son?

no, I just like attractive women.

What in gods green earth is not attractive about this?

Aside from the Opening, MiB the series was okay at best

Heat Miser >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Snow Miser

Shut your whore mouth, i grew up on that show through watching reruns on youtube in 2009

It's off-model. The real Dom lacks a chin, and that makes her look a little... melted.

>Why is this being with magma powers look a bit melted?

eh, I dunno, she just doesn't do it for me. also using overly sexualized fan art is cheating. to each their own I guess.

The post-movie SB seasons aren't bad.
Samurai Jack S5 was good until the 8th episode, no idea why everyone hates everything after episode 3.
Ren and Stimpy isn't funny.
The Wander Over Yonder intro is not bad.
XRA isn't good.
The Loud House isn't funny.

I think CN missed a big chance for "mature storytelling" by ordering the cancellation of "Morel Orel" after it began to get dark in the 3rd season.

It's ok in small doses. It would be better on [as].

The spam of the show is aids thou.

I recently watched a few "recent" episodes of Sponge Bob and thought they were alright. The old episodes were better, but they weren't as bad as I was lead to believe.

>loud house isn't funny
>unpopular
I like the show and even I agree with that. are you on /tlhg/ all day or have just assumed?

If they were episodes from seasons 9 and 10 then that's why as those are a major improvement over seasons 6-8

>SpongeBob seasons 4 - 9a can actually be surprisingly funny sometimes.
I'd really only argue for early season 4. There are some sporadic bursts of quality afterwards (like Handsome Squidward or Not Normal), but I would say the cavalcade of shit that followed pretty much defamed the entire series to an irrevocable extent.

I like SU and continue to watch it despite its faults.

Boondocks S4 wasn't that bad

The overly cartoony style of the new seasons of Spongebob throws me off

I like how Nick gave a shit about what their fans are shown in the later episodes of Spongebob. Like a Patchy and a Narrator reveal... In the same episode... and they're friends.

and also the same actor

Ed, Edd n Eddy Season 5 was the best season.

I still love Steven Universe despite constant hiatus, off-model art and dragged out plotlines.

Adventure Time Season 6 wasn’t bad

The Simpsons doesn’t need to end, I think the modern episodes are pretty good.

TV is a dying medium and you faggots need to stop caring about how much TTG gets aired.

Having more diverse characters in cartoons is not bad and nobody is trying to push an agenda.

The “classic” CN cartoons Johnny Bravo, Dexter’s Lab, Samurai Jack, Cow & Chicken, and I am Weasel weren’t good.

Most of the “classic” Nicktoons were stupid or boring as shit. The only good ones were Rocko, Arnold, SpongeBob and Zim.

>and nobody is trying to push an agenda.
I agree with the first part of that whole sentence, but there are for sure agendas being pushed by some.

>TV is a dying medium and you faggots need to stop caring about how much TTG gets aired.
No its not you fucking faggot. There ruining the channel with that shit and i want to watch CN still

But TV is a dying medium. More and more people are cutting cable in favor of streaming services only.

Most people have TV and will always have it. You just say its dying so you sound like some hip tech fag who knows everything and can feel like an elitist faggot to people who have tvs. You shit up every thread about CNs scheduling defending their awful practices. Cut the crap and fuck off already, people still like tv, and even if they didnt its no excuse to crash and burn the channel with the shittiest show of the past decade.

I don't really give a shit about CN and it's airing schedule. They haven't had any good shows in years. I also don't visit threads that talk about CNs schedules, because again, I don't care.

About saying TV is dying so I sound like some "hip tech fag who knows everything and can feel like an elitist faggot to people who have tvs.", I wasn't trying to do that at all. There are a huge number of articles covering the fact that Americans are leaving cable TV and going to streaming services (which they watch on a physical television).

John K deserves more respect because he's saying things that are very controversial with cartoons and art. He isn't a yesman and he isn't like a guy on the internet who likes cartoons, he's seen the fall and bankruptcy of cartoon companies and their tactics (even his own) and has stuff to say based on experience
-He isn't just the guy who coined the term "CalArts face"
-He's the guy who speaks about how
>Male Disney villains are more likely to be gay steriotypes
>Playing it safe will not make you memorable
>Study realism and the human anatomy in order to understand cartoon exaggeration
>The Evangelion robots look like Michael Bay Transformers

You still sound like a now it all cunt whos trying to say everyone who doesnt watch tvs opinion doesnt matter. People still watch tv. I have streaming and still like to watch tv. It will continue that way, especially since streaming isnt raking in a profit and the bubble will burst soon.

>People still watch tv.
No shit. Less people are doing so than in previous years is what I'm saying.

>I have streaming and still like to watch tv.
Good for you.

>You still sound like a now it all cunt whos trying to say everyone who doesnt watch tvs opinion doesnt matter.
You're an idiot.

>You're an idiot.
At least i dont invade schedule threads and defend CNs actions when i dont even like the shows, just so i can show off how nihilistic and edgy i am by saying tv is dead and everyone else is a backwards caveman for wanting it to have their favorite shows on it ;^)

>At least i dont invade schedule threads and defend CNs actions when i dont even like the shows, just so i can show off how nihilistic and edgy i am by saying tv is dead and everyone else is a backwards caveman for wanting it to have their favorite shows on it ;^)
Good thing I don't do any of that either. Enjoy your autism though.

I see you show up in a bunch of of threads that complain about CN and the schedule, but keep hiding behind thinely veiled lying.

You really are an idiot.

>Adventure Time Season 6 wasn’t bad
I'd go as far as to say it was one of the better seasons. It seems to be one of those things where you either love it or hate it.

Whatever, i really dont care

mother 3 was not that good

You clearly do, or else you wouldn't be going on these silly rants about how I stalk CN schedule threads.

While the DCAU was great, all the Bat-Worship was seriously verging on a dealbreaker several times. Now that I'm no longer 12 and have gotten into other heroes, Batman gets a lot of undue praise.

Symbionic Titan deserved their fate for dragging out all the important plotlines

MOS, BvS and JL were all 7/10 or above

Jean Grey's a cool character

And finally, we all know the words edgy and mary sue have been used improperly alot but they shouldn't stop existing as concepts.

Fuck off

Zim was not good and was more lolsorandom screaming and loud noises humor than people want to remember

Im the exact opposite, batmans my favorite superhero franchise and i think he needs another cartoon series soon. Cant wait for the new BATB cartoon next year, that show got me into batman and capeshit in general.

hey, I agree. I'm not saying those seasons were good overall by any means but there are some decent jokes sprinkled throughout them.

He had alot more jokes then that, and the random jokes were actually written well and perfectly timed

yeah you'd think but no

Agreed

I don't think EEnE was that good. Everyone shits themselves over it in their nostaliga wet dream, but I'm confused on what was so good about it. That and catdog. Fucking hated catdog with a passion.

>implying shit like mortus der soul stealer or sad sad tale of chickenfoot wasnt funny
Shit taste

I think Adventure Time has always been good and Finn and Jake were always the best part of it.

these are both valid opinions

Is that really unpopular? The cool fanbase was what you described. Except thinking AT is good after sugar raped the series. They all left because of autistic waifu circle jerks that all left AT to go to sugars new show.

I honestly believe all human races are shit and need to be supplemented by a genitcally supreme being like serpentor. Both political sides have unnecessary compassion for their lessers, with the left supporting ghetto filth and mudslimes, while the right supports white trash degenerates and the unborn whod only increase this disgusting species number and continue its stupidity more so. Compassion for anyone intellectually inferior is a weakness, especially for genetic aberrations like retards and other mentally deficient people. Their is no natural master race, so to atone for our soecies stupidity we must create a race of intelligent super beings with the bodys of adontis and worhship them as our superiors and the gods they are.

SpongeBob and Fairly Oddparents were never good.

Superman TAS was better than Batman TAS.

Scrappy Doo does not deserve the hate he gets.

Classic spongebob was kino you filthy casual

Adventure time has always been good

Just assumed that people liked it because it's funny but it's entirely about the waifu appeal, isn't it?

2/3's not bad. I never understood why people hate Scrappy Doo so much. It always felt like a meme that everyone was in on except for me.

>I despise how most comics start of the first few pages by reminding the reader what happened in the last issue.
>people who watch OK KO and think that it going constantly off model gives it charm are brain dead.
>cartoons will never be more than just children comedies. People who excuse mediocrity is the reason why it will never reach places.
>alan moore, neil gaiman, etc... They may have had impact on the comic medium, but I truly do believe that DC has not learned anything from them and will forever spit out the same garbage.
>digital comics need to be done like TF2
>Mike Carrey's Lucifer does a better job at being a meta comic book than Grant Morrison's works at DC

>Most of the “classic” Nicktoons were stupid or boring as shit. The only good ones were Rocko, Arnold, SpongeBob and Zim.
Zim was fucking shit and you know it. The other show with Horvitz’s acting talents is better.

Didn’t know one could have such shitty taste.

Too mean spirited, MrEnter?