This should not upset me as much as it does

This should not upset me as much as it does.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T7h-3tkYgSA
youtube.com/watch?v=OncoaXvav0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ok

Shouldnt upset you at all man
It’s just some weird lines

Yeah it really shouldn't, I wish there was more variety in art style but it's not like I can control the way artist draw characters.

I used to draw smiles like this back in 2nd grade. Like, everything had it. Man, woman, baby, lion, Santa, anthropomorphic toaster... everything I drew had this smile. Home for the holidays, looking back at old art that my mom kept, and it really bothers me for some reason.

Reminds me a bit of Schoolhouse Rock

It's an absolutely okay mouth shape to use. The problem is it's relied on too much as a default for smiles. Doesn't take two seconds to bespoke a smile to give character but shows gotta be made quick and animators gotta eat I suppose.

I've worked on a few projects where I've had to use that mouth and I've tried my god dam hardest not to use it. I just blame it on the art directors.

Hmph

Hello!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar?

cute

That lip style makes me irrationally angry and I don't know why.

This bugs me more. It looks like they half-assed her lipstick.

The artist's mental inventory of 'black person' includes features such as big lips, dimples and afro hair. They're trying to imply said big lips so they can get e-cred for drawing the black person, while not drawing the full actual things and get called racist for drawing the black person, even though there's an enormous middle ground between actual black people lips and 1940's Looney Tunes caricatures or 1960's Asterix/Spirou caricatures.

Name (1) flaw

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Is it okay if Nintendo does it?

He's not Papyrus

I guess it's this combined with Steven Universe/tumblr. I never saw it before SU but now it's fucking everywhere, even on non-black characters and it's such an obvious copying like cankles (legs drawn straight up and down with no ankles, like Steven and Amethyst) and bean mouths.

Well at least they colour the lips. Thats something.
Also the rest doesn't look like made out of circles so yeah

No, but if I was getting my dicc succed it wouldn't be from her anyway

I guess it helps that it's very narrow like a puckered shape, different from
Or maybe I'm just biased. Either way it doesn't bother me as much on peach

God, I love when dinky cartoonists even try to pretend they could be on the same level as CalArts students.

>b-b-but muh bean mouth

he’s a fat overrated blue thot

He's not fat, he's just big boned.

I dunno user that looks like it could be straight out of a TV cartoon

As long as it's on model

Its an example of how skill is significantly less important compared to knowing the right people and having a "qualification" from a "certifying institution"

not enough diversity

>Green eyed chara

How do you fuck up the single most notable aspect of a character?

Sure, but sketchbooks and artwork made by CalArts students =/= finalized cartoon designs. That’s rarely their call.

just 1? user, don't do this to me
it's the holidays, let me just detail everythin that's wrong with it

at least you didn't make it hard and say name 1 right thing with it

You are correct

Tumblr needs to learn what tokenism is

>being offended by a legitimate stylistic decision
Nobody in the industry draws the way they do because it's all they can do. You can break the rules as long as you know them and why.

What alternatives would you suggest

2b is pretty original. That's it.

literally all of these

Tumblr has evolved beyond tumblr nose into abusing blushes.
It’s especially bad in shippy art.

Is there a name for this gross fucking style? I've been calling it "musical animatic" for a while now.

I hate this. I hate all of this so much. Where did these stylistic choices come from? I feel like they just popped out of thin air when Tumblr was invented.

>”Musical animatic”

God, exactly. It’s so hard to find animatics/storyboards that don’t all use these stupid shitty faces and have any sense of composition or storytelling. I fucking hate this shit so much.

I gotta post this one too

This is not that bad desu.

It's the horrid lovechild of bad anime, cartoons, and 2000-era emojis, and i want it out of my existence

>I've been calling it "musical animatic" for a while now
I wouldn't be opposed to that becoming the official name

>Asriel - Bionicle

I’m retarded, where does “musical” come in? Do you mean musical like A musical?

What do you mean by this?

Basically some people take songs from certain musicals and make animatics for them. And quite a few of them use the style in like this one: youtube.com/watch?v=T7h-3tkYgSA

Not him but I've seen this fucking style in damn near every single music animatic video on YT
The worst offender is Heathers
youtube.com/watch?v=OncoaXvav0Q

I actually got called a faggot on here once because I called it a shitty tumblr art style

How many of you smile with both set of teeth visible anyway?

stuff like this makes me love Sup Forums

Notice how this artstyle (and the obvious calarts) always have the reaaally short eyebrows? Like, they might as well be giant isopods or something. They are literally dots

also of these people's torsos are the same length once you notice it

I feel like they wanted the guy in the trenchcoat to look cool, but I would absolutely want to bully him.

The weird eyebrows and Liefeld feet are what always get me

Like go ahead and draw everyone as a fat transadult Hispanic I don't give a shit, it's your drawing but at least put some effort into not making them look like they're in a hall of mirrors at a funhouse

how do I get the girl on the left to be my gf

3rd from the right is a Qt tbph

I have never seen anyone point this shitty meme out until now. Why do people do it and why is it usually furfags and weeaboos?

The eyebrows, I mean. Sorry forgot to clarify

I think those brows actually started on animal drawings for legitimate reasons then migrated over to human characters

rate my MC you guys!!

You forgot vitiligo and like 2-3 band-aids

Also what the fuck is a "vague ethnic pattern"

Its the totoro effect. Bare Bears is the most affected by Miyasaki/ 80's anime influence..

hopefully her ethnicity still remains perfectly ambiguous

also vague ethnic pattern because i dont do research on what a pattern that looks latin american but also african american and thai would look like but guys look its a half latin-american half african canadian and half thaiwanese girl look at the diversity

i like her, do her cloven hooves imply she is actually a kelpie that preys on tumblr people

forgot the freckles and stretch marks

she a cute

wow that is hilariously good. and yes it does

nevermind she not a cute

ARE WE GOING TO HAVE A PROBLEM?
YOU GOT A BONE TO PICK?

>gaster - rightfully ashamed of being here
>frisk - chinaman
>mad dummy - mad dummy

You forgot a couple.

Clarence?

First thing that came to mind

No you got it, JD is 100% for bully

>The amount of people in this thread posting about musicals
my fucking niggas. heathers is kino.

delete this.
im fucking tired of
>le calarts may may

This is legit cute. Nice job user.

now watch me whip
>le calarts may may

I like this style when given to the right people, it just goes through an unfortunate amount of abuse through young artists on tumblr trying to copy it

This

Y’all got any examples?

Honestly that pretty much sums up what happens quite commonly among young artists, beyond tumblr style trends young artists have been picking up popular styles since forever, it's just this generations 'anime phase'

ba dum tsh

Because dot eyebrows are a very Japanese thing that some geisha did as part of their make-up. A lot of anime characters have this style of eyebrows and it shows up sometimes in jfashion and alternative fashion, aka the shit tumblr eats up. You have to shave off your real eyebrows to draw them on.

Pic related, but even more speshul snowflake because they're stars.

Bean mouth has nothing on when the mouth is 75% to 90% of the entire head, this upsets me the most.

is this just a thread where we bitch about popular art styles we don't like?
Because fuck cubism.

No matter how much tumblr shit you put on her user, in the thumbnail she looks like a cute spurdo/cow hybrid girl to me

no eyebrows
o

e
y
e
b
r
o
w
s

Faggot

I want to put my dick in B4's butt while she makes that face, proud of how nice and stretchy her asshole is.

She looks like someone who is not particularly fond of Mondays.

I want to put my dick in B3's butt as she cries in pain

did someone say bean mouths?

Oh my God