"Your species values precious metals. Arbitrary symbols of status. I value knowledge. And just like your metal trinkets...

>"Your species values precious metals. Arbitrary symbols of status. I value knowledge. And just like your metal trinkets, knowledge is more valuable...when it is rare."

K.
I am the only person who knows what I'm holding in my hand. How valuable is that knowledge?

DCAU Brainiac is best Brainiac. Fight me

Well, no. Strictly what we value is human activity which is sometimes comodified as 'precious metals' because they are, by their nature, difficult to accumulate and work into aesthetically pleasing forms, but I don't blame you for not really understanding the basics of monetary systems.

Also, nothing is more valuable because it's rare. Things that are rare carry high value if and only if they are also desirable. For all the concern over De Beers hoarding diamonds, for example, it turns out that the primary motivator behind diamond prices is actually just whether or not people want diamonds. Feel free to read any article re Millenials and not buying whatever.

nah, organic Coluan Brainiac >>>>> Kryptonian robot Brainiac

This. Coluan Brainiac has more potential depth than Kryptonian Brother Eye.

>organic Coluan Brainiac

How drunk was the guy who decided to make a super computer out of a liqueur?

I will add that I don't mind if he wants to download himself to a computer or something and you do shit with robot Brainiac if you must. But removing all the Colu origin and history is fucking stupid.

Coluan Brainiac with robot copies as probes is master race.

shut up fag.

It was my dick in case you were wondering

>potential depth
So if bald green guy Brainiac was a better written character, then he would be the better written character?

No one was wondering, but thanks for sharing anyway

A good writer could do more with one than the other

I believe his point was about storylines rather than characterization. There's literally nothing a robotic version can do that an organic one can't, but you get more packaged in with the organic one.

>supposedly one of the smartest beings in the universe
>thinks the value of knowledge is based on rarity
Like, he knows that bullshit, and was just talking trash, right? Knowledge is valuable based on how useful it is.

Also, most of the precious metals have practical applications, most notable gold for its high conductivity making it a vital component in computer circuitry.

GOAT voice

>confusing trivia for actual knowledge

>thinking deep into my lazy dick joke

Specialization of knowledge has value. However, since knowledge is limited by reality, it would mean that Brainiac doesn't actually get much in the way of useful knowledge per planet destroyed. The actual difference in knowledge would be entirely cultural aspects. Brainiac is genociding entire planets to collect what is essentially trivia.

>Thinking price is exclusively defined by demand.
Yeah, that's the reason aluminum and tin are still the most valuable metals on earth.

Shut the fuck up, Bilbo.

>*tips fedora*

I like Braniac being an AI...

Your right price is also defined by exclusivity

He's referring to its value to HIM. Brainiac has no interest in USING his knowledge, he's just a hoarder. He does it because having the last members of species X in his collection makes him feel superior to others.

seems it would make more sense to make coluan brainiac and kryptonian brainiac two separate characters.

Kryptonian's biggest advantage is his kryptonian origin putting him at odd with Superman.

By comparison Coluan brainiac was a random space alien that just happen to land near metropolis.

>"Your species values precious metals. Arbitrary symbols of status. I value knowledge. And just like your metal trinkets, knowledge is more valuable...when it is rare."

did the multiverse for the PC version get harder or am I just that shit. I cant win a match against bane to save my life anymore

this guy gets it

Never would of guessed that was Weyoun from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

>potential depth
If they actually explored that, I'd agree with you, but nobody does nor has.
Everybody writes him as an uncaring robot anyway, why not just go whole hog and go for it?

Why don't you combine the two? Have a Kryptonian supercomputer assimilate Vril Dox borg style and bam, best of both worlds.

I picked up on it right away.

He has such a unique voice and he did a perfect Brainiac.

Is there any innate biological reason humans are drawn to sparkling rocks and metals as decoration and art pieces?

I read once that it's probably because they resemble the shiny sparkle of water in sunlight, but other mammals wouldn't give a shit about a meticulously cut and polished bajillion karat ruby set in a gold necklace.

Animals are attracted to sparkly shiny stuff just like we are. They just don't have the cultural context to consider it anything other than momentary interest.

>knowledge is more valuable...when it is rare
>not wanting gold and silver to flow like water so that gold wiring for electronics and dentistry becomes cheap as copper, allowing for meter long gold cables immune to corrosion and for silvers reflective properties making things like film super cheap

value per unit might go down, but sudden increase in trades in industry will increase total value
aluminum rakes in more dough as a cheap metal, than it ever did as super-gold

Why hasn't Brainiac been on Jeopardy?

Says the man who blows up entire planets so the tech will be one-of-a-kind.

Why would he approve of anything that freely gives away the answers to questions?

how big is his pepe collection?

Knowledge is an arbitrary arrangement of electrons on a platter. It has no inherent value.

Wasn't he basically Eradicator dressed up as Brainiac?

He was also Herbert West in Reanimator. Love this guys performances everytime