Black Panther predicted to open with $90 million for its opening weekend

I think it will do higher
pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-black-panther/

i think you underestimate how many lowkey racists there are that won't see this this movie

$110 million+.

I feel like the hype for this film is not as high as t should be.

Honestly, if you're going to ser this movie then you carry absolutely nothing with you
Get a cheap burner phone just if you happen to need it and don't take any morr money that what a ticket and some popcorn cost.
This movie is gonna have screenings full of black people, and you damn well know how that could end up.
So yeah, for the love of fuck leavr everything you think valuable in your house the day you go see BP.

I think people don't care about new properties

My understanding, which may be wrong, is that movies that open non-summer months have weaker opening weekends but better legs since there's no competition?

Black Panther making 90 million week one and 50 million week two seems plausible to me, and then it stays in theaters until late April earning a few million a week until the next summer movie comes along.

Unless I don't know what I'm talking about, I guess. I'm not a film business expert.

It is. My mom that doesn't even go to movies asked me when this was coming out

shit was weird

Better yet: skip the first week and a half.

all the black people are gonna see it at least twice to counteract that

Do you like in a black neighborhood? If so, black people shouldn't be this new and scary thing to you. If not, why are you expecting black people to spontaneously generate in Iowa or whatever?

Only black people and extremely brave white guys are gonna see this movie

Why are you Americans always so terrified. Just calm down

As a white dude living in a black neighborhood, I have no idea what you're talking about.

White people who live near black people aren't scared of black people, and white people in rural Oklahoma won't see any black people at the movie theater anyway.

I mean, yeah, there's Sup Forums and the like, but how many people on breitbart, Sup Forums, or r/the_donald would see a Marvel movie anyway? Maybe a few hundred thousand, but a few hundred thousand people don't really matter to a big blockbuster. It's the difference between 400 million and 395 million.

WE

I'll see it at a midweek first showing. Bad darkies don't wake up until at least noon

this movie will make close to a billion, marvel/normies fags will eat anything Disney throws at them,

well alright. this comes out my birthweek, i'll watch it opening weekend. hispanic here.

It is not that im racist, i just don't find black people physically attractive

I hope it washes the New Jedi out of my mouth.

well, its black panther... who gives a shit?

surely there was an attempt somewhere in there, right? having trouble seeing it, can someone help me out?

>hispanic here
who the fuck cares? just go watch the movie, no one gives a shit where you're from. it's the WORLD WIDE WEB INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY (woah), location means nothing anymore

Me, because I rather have new characters on screen instead of the same fucking characters we keep seeing forever. Lord knows Phase 4 will such with X-Men and FF everywhere.

I predict it'll do better than Justice league at the very least

This. Disney knows how to hype their movies up even if the movie is terrible ( which I don't think BP will be. Maybe mediocre )so it will definitely be a success

Asian dude who lives in Leafland and wishes there were more black people around. Been to the States many times, and never felt weird around black people. Watching Black Panther in a theatre in a black neighbourhood sounds like a hoot.

I don't think it will have the legs WW had in how long that stuck around, but it will do similar to it. It is the first modern black lead Superhero movie.

black panther is just lame, nothing exciting or unique about him.

WUZ

>first modern
lmao

lol
you know why
:^)

how will blm react if there's a shooting

Was the last superhero movie with a black lead Catwoman in 2004, or am I forgetting one?

Hancock in 2008

>modern
>the last one was 9 years ago in the same year of TDK and Iron Man

First modern my ass.

That wasn't really a superhero movie but some shitty deconstruction of a superhero movie.

Then you just have shit tastes.

It's gonna be so annoying to be at the theaters in the premiere

Calm down Officer. Straight outta Compton didn't produce any gang riots, and neither will this movie.

Don't worry. The crowd would be too retarded to understand a political plot.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Black Panther, Ironman, Hancock. One of those isn't like the others. Hancock was just some Will Smith movie.

Going to wait until I hear advance word on it. If it turns out to be 2 1/2 hours of a nonstop white guilt sermon, I'll skip it. No sense paying $10 to be insulted and lectured about "muh privilege". People on the internet are willing to do that for free.

I had to google it to figure out you were talking about Hancock, but that's a comedy, dude.

No no no, I'm not talking about that

Have you ever been to a theater with a black person?

Still a superhero movie

>If you don't go see the movie YOU'RE A RACIST

Well, it was that kind of marketing that got Obama elected, so it may very well work for getting people to go see Black Panther. It'll still flounder in all the Asian markets, especially China, because they absolutely HATE black people. So unlike every other Marvel movie, Black Panther won't have China to bail it out at the box office when it under performs domestically. Just tellin it like it is, sorry.

Are black people actually going to see BP? Not just the SJWs and the WE WUZ crowd?

Hopefully it backfires like Neo Ghostbusters.

>disagree with user's statement while simultaneously supporting his statement.
ironic

>Are black people actually going to see BP? Not just the SJWs and the WE WUZ crowd?

If by "black people" you mean African Americans, then yes. They will flock to it in droves. They're the ones who singlehandedly keep Madea movies in theaters every year. Nobody else goes to see those but them.

But in terms of "all other black people in the world besides the African Americans"? Not likely. Though it's disguised as African-African culture with Wakanda and everything, make no mistakes, Black Panther is going to be steeped in African American culture. Rap music, ebonics, Yakoob, the whole nine yards. Actual Africans despise African American bullshit and aren't going to want to go see a movie that glorifies their retarded "culture". Just like British people don't go to see Larry the Cable Guy movies.

Probably not, black americans are only 10% of the country population and most of them don't give a fuck about superheroes, to them is far less acceptable for an adult to talk about this kind of shit than whites

>Hopefully it backfires like Neo Ghostbusters.

And the Hillary Clinton campaign. People might actually be over the "spend money on X or you're a ____ist" ultimatum. Black Panther wont's stand a chance if that's the marketing strategy it wants to go with.

>Yakoob
>a russian dude who comes in your house and eats everything and has no manners.
???

RIP Marlel.

user probably meant "Yakub", a very stupid thing that American blacks actually believe.

AYYOOOOOOOOOO
GET DAT NIGGA
OH GAT DAYUMN
AH HA HAAAA

I have, often, with my roommate. He's cool and calm and collected
Now, I haven't been to the movies with a nigger.

KANGZ

>Have you ever been to a theater with a black person?

>DON OPEN DA DOH! DON OPEN DA DOH! AW BITCH AH TOLL YOO NAW TA OPEN DA DOH!
>ring ring ring
>AYE YO LAKEESHA! DAT YOO GURL? AHM IN DAH THEETUH! AH TOLL DA DUM WHITE BITCH NAW TA OPEN DA DOH BUH SHE OPEN DA DOH! AW YEAH GIRL DEM WHITE BITCHES BE STOOPID! SHEEEEEIT! AYE YO SHUT YO MOUF BITCH SOME PUSSY ASS CRACKA BE SHOOSHIN ME!
>AYE YO YOO A BITCH! YOO A BITCH! AH GONNA CASH YOU OUTSIDE MUGGA FUGGA! AH GONNA CASH YOO OUTSIDE! YOO GONNA BE SUCKIN MAH BIG BLACK DICK MMM HMMM! CASH YOO OUTSIDE MUGGA FUGGA! CAH YOO OUTSIDE! MUH DICK! MUH DICK!

Too many times, user. Too many times.

I just ate some tacos today which ruined my supper.

>Though it's disguised as African-African culture with Wakanda and everything, make no mistakes, Black Panther is going to be steeped in African American culture. Rap music, ebonics, Yakoob, the whole nine yards.

Who wants to be that all the characters will have retarded fake African names like the kind American blacks name their kids.

>Y'highness
>Shaniqua
>Lakeethriq
>Sh'dynasty

Shit like that. The rap music in the trailers doesn't inspire confidence that this will be on any other level than a Tyler Perry film.

>That wasn't really a superhero movie but some shitty deconstruction of a superhero movie.

And Zack Snyder wasn't even directing... what were they thinking?

I often wonder what black people are like in other countries. Are they all just as stupid, violent and lazy as the ones we have in the US? Or is it just our strain of black people who are so criminally defective?

Infinity War killed the hype for this movie.

>Reminder that China won't be a financial safety net for this film. It's going to have the lowest total box office gross of the entire MCU

But what if it doesn't?

I'm gonna go full Sup Forums on this one and say the crime statitistics on black crime in ratio to the population on other countries don't favor them well.

China, Japan, Europe. 1% of the population, 90% of the crime.

>you need to be a sjw to enjoy good movies
The current state of the alt right. Not all movies which require you to think are crafted for liberals since they're the majority of college educated folk

then the mouse has a bigger pile of cash to sit on

You're such a pussy dude, it's hilarious

>predicted

>Implying Marvel Cape Films are good films.

The state of the Left.

>Muh live action cartoon is for SMART people!

t.stab victim

Now that's not true.

Pakistanis are 80% of grooming and rape cases in the UK.

>It's going to have the lowest total box office gross of the entire MCU
>But what if it doesn't?

Yeah, it'll have to tank REALLY hard to gross less than Incredible Hulk, which only pulled in $263,427,551. But these days, where even Ant-Man can rake in $500mil+, anything less than that is going to be seen as a bomb for the MCU. And no way Black Panther pulls in more than the $300mil range.

>assuming the movie is good before it even comes out
hmmmmmmmmmm

But isn't this the most uninteresting charger in the MU? Be honest. You never gave a shit about Black Panther comics. This is Marvel scraping the barrel to make another movie.

>set in a xenophobic African country that shuns all outsiders
>soundtrack is entirely composed of American hip hop

>And no way Black Panther pulls in more than the $300mil range.

When the movie flops, Marvel Studios and the media will just blame it on "racist white people not going to see the movie". Look at Last Jedi's massive failure, they're blaming that on "sexist alt-righters not going to see the movie". And when the 2016 Ghostbusters flopped, they blamed it on "sexist manchildren not going to see the movie".

They already have a media spin strategy in place if/when Black Panther underperforms. And judging by the acceptance of Last Jedi's failure to be "because of sexists", I'm sure the tactic will work.

>implying they won't all be late

This. Racists will be BTFO once again.

No one gave a shit about Iron man before his movie either.

If black people were smart enough to figure out how to torrent, movies like Black Panther and Madea's Boo 2 wouldn't get made because there'd be no profitable market for them.

Fox deal and Infinity War trailer took away the movie's steam.

>that poster

I wish we could be better friends with China. They seem to have their shit together when it comes to dealing with black people.

How long until your transition?
You obviously need someone with testicles to protect you

>Look at Last Jedi's massive failure,
It's the fifth biggest opening of all time, how is it financially a failure?

>AYE YO YOO A BITCH! YOO A BITCH! AH GONNA CASH YOU OUTSIDE MUGGA FUGGA! AH GONNA CASH YOO OUTSIDE! YOO GONNA BE SUCKIN MAH BIG BLACK DICK MMM HMMM! CASH YOO OUTSIDE MUGGA FUGGA! CAH YOO OUTSIDE! MUH DICK! MUH DICK!

The reaction to be expected from a nigger.

>the chinese BP poster tries to hide as much of his black skin as possible

Shut the FUCK up before I fuck both of your wives.

>>the chinese BP poster tries to hide as much of his black skin as possible

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Oh man. NOBODY likes black people. NOBODY.

I'd guess it will do somewhere between what Doctor Strange and what Thor: Ragnarok did, I'm going to guess in the $675 to 800 Million range. One thing to keep in mind is that the character was given a lot of good scenes in Civil War, and that established who Black Panther is for people.

I'm fairly certain that the movie will not be a remake of "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka." Ignore the rap music in the trailer, listen to the characters talking. Everyone sounds like they're highly educated with incredible diction... they're going to sound more British than the Asgardians. I think you'll have a lot of African Americans go the first week, but I doubt it will be what many of them will be expecting. The MCU isn't like Marvel Comics... you're going to have a superhero who happens to be black, not a black guy who is defined by being a black guy and does superhero stuff while talking about being a black guy.

If you thought it was funny that Thor:Ragnarok outperformed Justice League, just wait until Black Panther does it. Heads will explode.

What do the Chinese have against fucking Wookies?

>A film adapted from an American made IP is using American music in its soundrack
Really activates your almonds doesn't it

And what are the chances that the film will include browbeatings about slavery and jim crow and civil rights and turn into a lecture about white privilege?

I'd say pretty good considering a lot of what Boseman has been saying in interviews lately, particularly about his choice of accent and the meaning behind it.

>lowkey racists
I like that.
Yeah
This

Because I feel like I am one

Seriously I'm not going to pretend T'Challa is an interesting character out of white guilt.
He is stoic, that is his character and that type of character is fucking dull!
And what about the antagonist?
Is he at least interesting? No.
It is literally that ProZD critique of Marvel Villains
>He is just like the hero, but he is a bad guy

You could have him and his culture be white and I still wouldn't care because he is so god damn milk-toast.
Thing is that if he was white they'd give him endearing character flaws because you can do that to white characters and not be called a racist.

I think the better question is, if a movie has an anti-white subplot and consists of broad generalizations of white people and constant criticisms of the existence of white people, is it wrong for white people not to want to pay money to support the film?

I mean, I've seen Amistad and Roots and Glory, do I REALLY need to pay $12 to go see 12 Years a Slave and get the same lecture about slavery and how bad white people are all over again?