What's America's equivalent of "YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA"

What's America's equivalent of "YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA"

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/geneluenyang/status/928000965692796929
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy Menstruation

>go on twitter
>people complaining about shit like America getting cancelled because "It didn't even got a trade yet. the trade sales could've been good"
>They also compare them to books with low sales that aren't cancelled despite those having characters people actually like

pick a panel

LEAVE THANOS TO ME

A girl I used to know a lot turned into a huge SJW on twitter and was raving about HOW GOOD this comic was and now that nobody's buying it she's blaming white people and claiming she'll never buy a comic again

To my knowledge she never bought a comic before this either

So uh congrats, you sold a comic to a minority of people that don't buy other comics and doesn't appeal to the masses.

>implying they even buy comics that appeal to them

I keep rereading that first line and no matter what words I add emphasis to the language makes no sense to me.

Am I dumb?

Hit her with a blast to the chest. Statement. Understood.
But she is stable. Sort of a statement but what the fuck does that have to do with hitting her in the chest?
It came up on the scans as pure white energy. Statement. What came up on the scans. A blast to the chest did? Her being stable did... as an appearance of pure white energy?

I feel like I am missing something or I am just dumb. Either is probable.

>a long time fan
>july to dec
yeah sure.

Do people really defend America's writing? I mean even if you don't read comics, the dialogue reads so bulky and robotic.

Hey they said fan not customer.

>I keep rereading that first line and no matter what words I add emphasis to the language makes no sense to me.
the writer can't speak any language, spanish or english.

To be fair, how often does Sup Forums buy comics?
People always stress supporting the comic in storytime threads but do you really think people go out of their way to buy something they already read?

Political writing aside, I just feel the character is so boring. Super strength and flight? Yawn...

I don't know how anyone with even a shred of sanity could get past that first issue. It's such a fucking train wreck.

>Lifelong Marvel Fan
>Meaning you saw Iron Man 1 when it came out
Fuck this gay earth.

The difference being Sup Forums sometimes doesn't go into an bitchfit when a book they like gets canned

I find the idea of him criticizing a company for prioritizing profit to be infuriatingly stupid. They are a business first and foremost of course that's what they'll do. Shit DC does it too, the whole reason behind New 52 and Rebirth were to deal with low sales.

I've never seen anyone seriously defend the writing, only the virtue signaling. People like the idea of a super yas queen brown lesbian with a big, weirdly shaped butt who speaks a form of Spanglish totally unknown to real Latinos.

Don't you mean Latinxs, user?

She was asking what the villain did to the last hero, the last hero got hit with a blast, but she is stable, not seriously injured. The blast itself that harmed last hero came up as pure white energy when scanned by something or other.

Pure white is the whole visible portion of the visible spectrum of radiation. Black is the absence of color. This is so dumb.

MEANWHILE
twitter.com/geneluenyang/status/928000965692796929

>Self insert
Eww

The portal punching is the fun part of her powers. She works well on a team because she can be their transporter.

Yet another word real people don't use. That word is only ever used by digital personas in online bitchfits.

>pure white energy
the writer is retarded right?

It depends on perspective, but yes it's retarded writing.

BASED

Remember aktgeekpepe

Thank you whoever actually bought those trades
Cause it wasn't Sup Forums

Mate, that's not even the dumbest shit in America

She's clearly doing a racist thing.

It doesn't even look like she punched him. His face is not reacting to it in any way besides grimacing. It looks like she knocked him over. Is the artist retarded?

Also the book is pretty racist and pretty blatant about it. Breaks up with White GF because of Long distance even though she teleports then next arc gets it with a black chick who she also has a long distance relationship with, villains are always white, only time the enemy is black or brown or whatever is because they're being forced by white-y, saying Bruja a lot, blatant self insert, powers aren't consistent with America, one minute she's punching cosmic entities next she's getting her ass kicked in a boxing fight, clunky dialogue like I've said like Kate's whole monologue with them getting married, alt-geekpepe was pretty funny tho. I will say this I thought Gabby would have inserted Trump as supervillain bent on Destroying America

DC has specialty imprints that keep titles out when they would fall past usual cancellation numbers. Usually the type of comics that get praised by critics and win awards.

Marvel seems to openly not give a shit about anything other than the bottom line, which should be a big red flag for people who want to work their.

First page of first book to

I heard that this character isn't even human, she's a shapeshifting alien. Is that correct?

user

>do you really think people go out of their way to buy something they already read?

That's literally the only time I buy a comic. Are you saying you're dumb enough to buy a comic you didn't already pirate online?

Reminder that Gabby deleted a tweet about how she didn't trust Latinos who married white people.

I buy trades when I can, but between my long shifts and crippling depression it's hard to go to the comic store.

I'd fuck her, to be fair.

Okay. And? What's your point?

I buy my comics every Wednesday.

It's supposed to be a homage to that cover

Captain america looks like he actually hit him because of the effects in the foreground

America just looks like she missed, with a stylistic background

It sucks cuz the artist is good but the digital version of the comic compresses the inks and colors making it a weird pastel hell

That one actually looks right. There's a little poof signifying impact and his face is cartoonishly warped as if he just got punched in the mouth. The trash in the OP looks like she swung in front of his face without connecting and he fell backwards.

I like the way you said that though, didn't want to leave any doubt that you're fresh off the tumblr boat huh?

>he thinks anyone on this entire fucking board didn't already know that

Oh my god how fucking dumb could you tumblr cunts possibly be?

>Sup Forums
>reading comics

Yeah... I mean I am Latino and it's always the white latinos who didn't grow up "Latin" that argue for this weird racial purity for the race that is literally "we just hyphen the color to the word latin".

I don't get it.

>Now where's my le epic bacon XD

Woof

>le epic bacon
It's something from Gillen's Young Avengers where Loki discovers he loves cheap diner breakfast food.

Loki is a Waffle House man

Holy hell. This is some of the worst writing I've seen in a while.

piss off with your shitty meme. people literally post entire series here.

Think of a comic ongoing that isn't America
Gabby Rivera is now writing, how does it go?

Rot in hell, America. We can only hope your fat ugly cunt of a writer soon follows.

When's the next major Con? That'll probably be when we get an idea of what C.B.'s vision going forward is.

I thought of Cloak and Dagger, Moon Knight and Luke Cage. They all went straight to shit in a flaming dumpster fire that went over a cliff..

wordswordswords, seriously this could be fixed with one small word ballon saying *Sigh* alwayse the bride's best archer, never the archer-bride.' and that would of been good.

Usually those folks try to compensate for the years they weren't considered latine enough by peers. Usually they do it in the most ham-fisted way possible to the point it becomes a sad joke.

Wondercon. Maybe I would be able to pry myself away from Sergio Aragones mustache to harass some people. You want a signed copy of that letter Sup Forums sent?

I fairly often buy comics, I mean there's a comic store just a few blocks away from my house.

Gabby Rivera has issues. She looks like a white male, and acts like a typical white SJW. All while claiming to be latino, and she can't speak one sentence of Spanish correctly.

>le 56% percent face

The memes were true.

>Marvel seems to openly not give a shit about anything other than the bottom line, which should be a big red flag for people who want to work their.

That, and the writers fleeing Marvel.

She looks like a pig. She should be run through with a boar spear

Comparing this book to The Room is giving this book a compliment, because I can guaran-fucking-tee you that America and Gabby Rivera don't have an ounce of the hard work and investment that The Room and Tommy Wiseau had.
America is the Sharknado of comics. Lazy, cynical, and soulless.

I can't believe Fat Joe wrote America

Sharknado doesn't fall under so bad it's good
It only works if the work was actually intended to be good

I want to add another point to that comparison, about something bad being made in earnest vs laziness hoping for a quick buck.

I hate the trend of " oh haha isn't this silly we made it dumb on purpose." Shit like Shirtless Bear Fighter or any comic by Chip Zdarsky. I know writing is hard, but if you wanted to be funny at least try actual comedy instead of this wink-wink nod-nod crap. That goes for every time Bends/Fraction/whoever thought it was funny to have characters stand around and make fun of costumes or character's names.

I would've just written "They're so inspiring as a couple, God dammit, I wish I could find someone to love"
Or something like that.

There, less cringe, more human.

That's what they meant. Sharknado is an attempt to manufacture a cult movie, from The Asylum. The same film distributor that specializes in fast cheap knock offs of major movies to try and trick people. They've been successfully sued twice

fpbp

I read comics online but I'll buy the ones I truly wish to support unless I can't find them because I want the ones I enjoy to succeed.

I still say she looks like Moviebob.

Same, though sometimes I don't get to pick up my pull until Thursday or even Saturday.

I double pull the floppies. I got a friend to buy the trades, and bought them as well to gift out for Christmas. Just haven't gotten around to getting any for myself yet.

>go on twitter
Found your problem

The following scene in #2 where Agent Carter scolds her for punching Hitler

You should screencap those tweets

>The part where her punching Hitler let Hitler get away to continue Holocausting everyone, but this is okay because America's grandma traveled back in time and told Peggy Carter to do that so America can learn it's important to make plans.

Yeah, when you have to just say "Oh and everyone loves my character and she's the best and inspiring" then, you know, you're a trash writer.

If they decide to leave this book as canon and go with this America's characterization I really want her to appear in another non-white character's book and have them find her annoying.

>Breaks up with White GF because of Long distance even though she teleports then next arc
That's not even the best part, America's plan for them was for her girlfriend to drop her job, move to another dimension, work her ass off so America could go to college all the while they live out of America's van. When her girlfriend refused America thew a temper tantrum and tried to brow beat her into accepting. If America was a man he would be seen as an vile partner abuser and all around piece of shit

Gonna go with this.

HOLY MENSTURATION BATMAN!

THATS IT ROBIN! SHE MUST BE ATTACKING THE OBGYN CLINIC! TO THE BATMOBILE!

Patrician reference.

I buy the few books I read so stuff like Deathstroke and Gwenpool (which is ending soon anyway). I sure as shit am not actually going to pay for slop like America or Annual Event.

I imagine I'd be disappointed if I actually read it but I admit the reformed Loki intrigues me.

Is there context that helps this line be less...stupid?

If not it baffles me as to who that line appeals to. Is a period empowering? Most girls I know just find it to be an annoyance.

She's just happy to see some dude.

Sup Forums convinced me to buy the latest Darkhawk oneshot, so there’s that.

Last 2 pages of issue 10 (second page to follow)
>surrounded by army of robots we have been told are dangerous af
>exposition that translates to "Do you even understand life? WELL DO YOU??"
>Exactly 1 panel of her attacking a robot
>the rest of the two pages is someone hanging from the ceiling
>all robots magically dead

Like, just when you think a series can't get any worse

I just don't get it. It isn't even word play. I'd love to find someone who really got a kick out of that line.

I meant too remove the "go"

Just... please dear sweat 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus

Page 2. No joke. No missing pages.