"[majority of] Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he's president is because of an arcane...

>"[majority of] Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he's president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea"

I kind of feel like if everything happened the other way around and Trump lost, but won the popular vote that these people suddenly wouldn't care about the electoral college being "bad".

Am I wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/fortesque91/status/796614178089869314
twitter.com/77KEK77/status/796676071525666816
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of course it would. You think these people aren't hypocrites?

Kek.

The stupidest part about it all is that the electoral college already favors the democrats much more than republicans.

That's exactly why this salt is so satisfying. All throughout the election they were talking about Trump never being able to get through the "blue wall", even Soros thought Trump would win the popular vote bigly but lose the election. Now the argument flipped.

Really?
Aren't most of the low population states red, giving then 2 US senators for free?

The electoral collage, not the senate

her popular lead is a fraction of a percent, and she benefited from illegal immigrant votes

How many of those voters are illegal taco jockeys, or dead pets?

I just can't handle the fact people are actually trying to worm the "But it's unfair!" argument in anyway they can when they were harassing people when they assumed Trump and his supporters would end up doing that

Yeah and they still haven't finished counting the votes in two states he is already winning - so he could gain more votes and take the popular vote too. Another reason I don't understand these people's perspective.

The electoral college exists so that no state is under represented. Electors are chosen to represent the majority vote with faith, that it's really up to them, that they speak on behalf of the community; in a lot of cases, this can result in a liberal elector among a conservative base, because of some diversity quota. Ironically, faithless voting is illegal in majority dem states, which goes to show how untrustworthy they are of the democratic system.

This, in actuality she surely lost the popular vote as well. If I can recall correctly, hillary only won one state with photo id, and I think only about 6 of the 20something states she won had any form of voter id. Of course the big ones like california and new mexico don't have any, but the only reason they think it's okay that illegal invaders get to vote in american elections is because they know they'll vote democrat.

twitter.com/fortesque91/status/796614178089869314

No, but we would.

Maybe the rules should be updated, but they are the rules and they were known well in advance, so nobody can cry.

Please for the love of God, be bait

Each congressperson corresponds to 1 electoral vote (except for DC).
Smaller population states, which tend to go red, therefore have a higher electoral vote to population ratio than larger states, which are on average bluer.

But on average for elections, most electoral points go blue. Yes?

You're only bitching about it because it didn't work in your favor

Sage Sage

This is politically INCORRECT

Sage

Take your faggotry somewhere people care to hear it

Sage

Sage

The Trump campaign would have been directed differently if the popular vote was all that mattered anyway so their argument is complete shit.

This is also true. I didn't think about that perspective too.

Libtards only care about diversity and balanced power when it suits their needs

>twitter.com/fortesque91/status/796614178089869314

But, I actually see this as reality. Why do they act this way?

Personally, I hold myself to my beliefs. If I say something I also apply that to myself. Why do people on the left seem to not have this trait as much as those on the right?

US is NOT a democracy. It's a Representative Republic, thank goodness. You will not find the word Democracy anywhere in our founding documents, especially the Constitution, for a reason. Read what the founders thought about Democracy. Mob Rule.

>""""majority of americans""""
Count out all illegals who clearly didn't vote for Trump and that tiny gap of 200000 votes is gone. The number is literally in the margin of error and it is pretty much a tie.

That is not even counting actual frauds with voting machines and early ballots.

Wtf. "Ask someone else. I just quoted it and don't have to defend my positions"

twitter.com/77KEK77/status/796676071525666816

>be republican in california
>don't bother to vote because you know it's for nothing
>HURR THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WANTED HILLURY

Micheal Moore also knew the Rust Belt would win Trump the election.

Yes, you're wrong. Electoral college balances power between urban aND rural areas. If it was popular vote, then candidates would only campaign in the big cities

I wrote "
I kind of feel like if everything happened the other way around and Trump lost, but won the popular vote that these people suddenly wouldn't care about the electoral college being "bad". "

The other part was someone else.

see >twitter.com/fortesque91/status/796614178089869314

>"[majority of] Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he's president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea"

America doesn't operate on the majority vote.
and if they did then shit would be redone.

how many people in non-swing states stayed home.
trump might have readily won the popular vote if that was a major factor.

America put Republican majorities into congress. chiefly for the purpose of repealing Obamacare, and these fruit baskets fought that. They only say elections have consequences when they win.

Jesus. The retweets on this page...

See pic, same person in OP pic.

>I don't know, it's not my quote.

Yup.