It's been 4 years but

It's been 4 years but...

Has DC ever explained what was their reasoning for THIS PIECE OF SHIT?

Also,

Daily Pretty Boy Lobo hate thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PuRIJA7KyHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can only assume it was a way of poking fun of 00's pretty boy heroes. The only problem was that they played him straight

I blame letting Lobo’s first New52 appearance be written by Liefeld.

Didn't they let a SJW chick design the New 52 lobo?

Marguerite something something.

Marguerite Bennett and Ben Oliver.

DC handed over New 52 to social justice millenials. There was a screencap someone posted back when LipstickBo came around, and these two were basically slamming MainBo and saying FakeBo was the true deal, etc, etc, teleports behind you not personel kid kinda talk. They never understood Lobo was a satire, so being dumb cunts they tried to retcon the character to their magical realm.

Luckly we now have MainBo back so we can all just let LipstickBo sink back into the hole he crawled from.

Nah Bennett just wrote Forever Evil toe in. Character was designed by Rocafort.

if it was a sjw chick, wouldnt he be a fat mexican gay guy?

do you even think when using SJW as a insult or do you not understand what it means? Fuck you, you lazy flaccid prick

I actually met Bennent at the comic shop where I worked. She said she wrote him as satire at the time. Now I think she was covering her ass trying to look good but that's what she said to people. She was there talking about the Lois Lane stuff she worked on and other books. Also Dan Didio has a secret office you can only reach by a special elevator. That is where she gave him the pitch.

>do you even think when using SJW as a insult

It is an insult, my little millenial triggered budy.

> She said she wrote him as satire at the time. Now I think she was covering her ass trying to look good but that's what she said to people.

Yeah, I'm kind of in disbelief. Given she has a reputation of going batshit SJW and trying to squeeze her ideologies into everything. See Angela Queen of Hell, which got her fired from Marvel.

I think I would've kinda liked him if he was a different character entirely.
It's an odd thing for me.

>do you even think when using SJW as a insult or do you not understand what it means?

I fail to see how a term that is used to describe overly sensitive crybaby rich white people that take issue with everything for attention's sake can be anything but insult.

I'd have 0% issue with him if he was a character on his own.
I don't get comic writers. Why take a character everyone loves and replace him with blue-haired Zack Effron, this makes no sense, honestly.

I still really fucking want a "Lobo vs Lobo" comedy comic that's just Oldbo and Nubo gruesomely murdering the shit out of each other with as much ludicrous 90's biker grit and 00's flamboyant anime attacks as possible. Nubo could be great as a separate character from the old one if they played him for laughs.

> it doesn't need fixing, but we will fix it anyway!

That's also the reason we end-up with stupid retcons and edgy Batman's that call kids retards.

I'm just waiting for shemale Punisher so I can burn my comic collection.

found trigglypuff

I never read any of his shit obviously but I think he would make a good villain for real Lobo as a retarded bishie anime hero trying to take his name.

He's forgetting his big sword then.

But compared to Oldbo, NuBo looks like Shaggy-doo.

Keep in mind people tend to be dicks online, if they are the real world they tend to puss out more because they have real people who can see them. At the time she was just entering the scene like we had only a couple books by her and Angela was coming in a bit. Angela felt like a tumblr in joke back in the day and still does.

They should of had nubo being a surviving Lobo bastard

Because he fucked some anime chick?

>It's been 4 years but...

I can totally see this happening when if Lobo gets a new book.

Hardly, even Simon what his name hates Lobo.

Luckly we will get a new one if a movie comes out.

How would a Lobo live-action film even look like?

>live action fags
Bye thread.

It was just a simple question, do you want me to delete my post?

punisher war zone but in space with some outrageous shit just thrown in

youtu.be/PuRIJA7KyHE like this

Dunno, I liked his book and the design wasn't bad. He should've just been a new character or a Lobo's cousin or something.

what happened to this lobo.
the only thing i remember was he was the real one and the real one was a fake lobo and this one cut the big one's head off.

With a giant WWE muscle dude, painted white, drinking beer and riding a space bike.

What else could we ask for? A Lobo film CAN'T be bad as long as they have whatever actor literally reading a comic and acting it out.

they would try and add a love interest and an emotional rollercoaster arc guaranteed

>what happened to this lobo.

He got cancelled after a few appearances.

Fans simply don't like Pretty Boy Lobo, there are plently of capes that are already like that.

Well, he isn't cancelled, but they brought old Lobo back without explanaion and NuBo ended up stuck in a bottle, part of Braniac's collection. When Green Lantern start freeing other characters that are stuck in bottles, he picks up Nubo, he makes it a point to break the fourth wall and says "It is better for everyone if this guy is stays on the shelf.", and leaves him behind.

Meaning, we are never gonna see NuBo given he was thrown away.

Never read many LOBO books have you?

There are always love interests. He is always falling or chasing chicks. He bangs them, he loses interest.

I mean, he banged Harley Quinn in a recent issue, and it was hilarious. (Now fans are demanding they have a kid, unfortunately)

Already happened, and it was great.

The best romantic exchange in the history of comics.

And then they bang.

I gotta say, Lobo and Harley having a kid sounds interesting:

1) Given Lobo is evil and Harley is insane, the kid would be the anti-christ.

2) Would be funny as a result of both of them having unprotected sex.

Of course it would also make for an interesting story arch where Lobo is trying to kill his kid (has his powers) and Harley is killing half the world to protect it.

> Would be funny as a result of both of them having unprotected sex.

I want this just because it's about time someone get's knocked up for REAL with all the fucking everyone is doing.

Batman is the only one with kids hanging from his arms, would be funny if THE MAIN MAN suddently comes home to find one of his one night stands has a baby czarnian inside her.

Not necessarily wanting a story arc, just want a joke made around that.

Honestly I can get behind Samurai Lobo.

NuBo kills OldBo. Oldbo regens and finds his way into the Justice League, NuBo get's stuck in a shelf by Braniac of all villains.

OldBo can't die given he has the most powerfull healing factor in the DC universe, not only can he heal back from a single drop of blood or cell, but he has also been banned from dying by both God and the Devil, given that the one time he did die, he broke both Heaven and Hell. And even he his body is destroyed, he becomes a ghost and possesses other things until his body rebuilds.

I can't.

The character isn't japanese. What is it with western writers and their desire to make everything Japanese?

Kenneth Rocafort is a dude

You forget the part where he can grow clones of himself from his bodyparts too. There was that whole history arc of him having to go wipe out an army made of his clones.

> And yes, he kills the clones via nuke.

Following the script laid out by SJWs.

So you are telling me Lobo is a mary-sue, basically? I fail to see what's special about him.

How does being able to regrow limbs make him a mary sue?

Plus he's not perfect. He can be a total dumb ass sometimes.

He is overpowered but he isn't a Mary Sue.

Lobo has been defeated PLENTY of times, and pretty much all of his old issues featured him getting owned by someone, or getting beaten up, or simply getting exploded by his own hand because he simply forgets NOT to do stupid shit.

Lobo is as strong as superman and can pull some Batman level intellect shit, but at the same time this is also a character that killed himself just so he could go beat up a ghost in ghost form, forgetting that leeches would eat his corpse while he was away beating up the ghost. Or the fact he was banned from Heaven for partying too hard.

While Supes and Bats go all brooding and shit when they make a mistake, Lobo makes mistakes all the goddamn time and his answer to it is to chug down beer.

He is mary-sueism in terms of power, but he has been played right so far given the ridiculouness of his story arcs.

>that one time he tried to fix his bike, only to realize he didn't understand shit about mechanics or rocket science, prompting the bike to explode with him sitting on it.

i own every lobo publication, including guest appearances
except darlene theres no 'love interests'
you know full well what i meant, im talking raimi spiderman tier love interests, not just wanting to pipe space broads you brainlet

Well, we can only hope that if we get a live-action Lobo movie, they pick Quentin Tarantino as director.

That way we don't get romance arcs, just a bunch of close-up of women's feet here and there and a lot of nigger jokes.

You mean Simon Bisley, the most well-associated artist with Lobo? Since when does he hate the Main Man? He even pencilled the original version's return in the Harley Quinn book not long ago...

Whenever he writes or speaks something about Lobo, it always comes with "Unfortunately, Lobo became a hit." or something along does lines that implies he regrets working on Lobo.

He keeps mentioning he drew Lobo as a satire, but always implies that he is disgusted that the character took off. The old Lobo issues where litered with commentary from the guy saying he was tired of fans making him drawn Lobo.

Honestly, if he created the character and disliked it, even tho fans love it, then don't work on him, give it to someone else, not bitch about about it every chance he gets.

That's why I fell he hates the Main Man.

Huh, thanks, I didn't know that, although I've heard that the Biz tends to be a bit of a cunt to fans

> I'm just waiting for shemale Punisher so I can burn my comic collection.

Better get the gas then.

I want my live action Lobo movie already.

Why? So casuals can fucking ruin him like Harley's popularity spike?

Because I want to see an entertaining live action Lobo in space movie that might bring us new releases of the old material and maybe some more good new stuff like the Harley crossover.

Are you somehow implying Harley's popularity spike hasn't been anything but beneficial?

For the first time in a while we actually get a female character on the spotlight that isn't a banner for some feminist bs or empowered bitch behaviour, but actually funny and interesting, and you are complaining?

I take Harley over Lara Croft and whatever Michele Rodriguez clones they shit out nowadays.

Stop being a buzzkill, bringing attention to characters can be awesome, granted, that isn't gonna happen because DC CAN'T HOLLYWOOD, but Harley and Deadpool are perfect examples on how getting more attention from normies benefits everyone.

the question is, if we did get a Live Action Lobo, either in the movies or in the TV universe, who should play him, someone earlier suggested it should be a wrestler, which is probably the right way to go, thinking over the current WWE crop, I think I'd have to nominate Braun Strowman for the role, he's big, he's intimidating, and perhaps most importantly of all he has a sense of humor to back it up

I would like to see different Lobos that represented different eras of comics. Imagine a Silver Age Lobo

Braun's voice isn't right for Lobo.

I'd be fine with Dwayne Johnson or Jason Momoa, even if they are other DC characters.

Just put him in his original outfit.

>They never understood Lobo was a satire
neither did most of Lobo's fans in the first place

they just have to be tall and have timing, hell Jason Segel would be good once he's juiced up to proportions

>there will never be a "Lone Czarnian and Dawg" book

You got to admit Harley's popularity surge has only watered down her character, and as a result has left Poison Ivy in limbo

R rated gotg

That's the way they'd market it

I admit it, but now she's getting new material and I fail to see how that's bad. Before she was just Joker's sidekick, now she's doing her own thing.

In this stagnant world where we get to see Batman get the same origin story told over and over and over and over again with a different spin from every comic writer, a sidekick becoming a main character is a great change of waters.

Had to make this.

Had to add Dawg too.

Was it that Lobo could regen 100% from a single cell. Now he comes back even if his entire body is destroyed. How isn't that mary sueish? Lobo could take on Superman or even Doomsday and win, eventually, because he would just keep coming back. Heck, with that kind of power I'm surprised he never took on Darkseid.

11/10

Being Joker's sidekick was the only way Harley ever worked. She's not and never was main character material. Current Harley is a completely unrecognizable, irritating cunt.

And I won't even mention how badly poor Poison Ivy got fucked over by association with her. If I was a Batman writer, I'd just retcon the Ivy/Harley friendship out of existence. At this point, it's a poison to Pamela and the only reason for it happening in the first place was Paul Dini's wank fantasy.

Characters can't always stay the same, that's how we end up with bad retcons.

But why must Poison Ivy be dependant on Harley? Shit as this point she has enough material on her own to get her own arcs.

Heck, if I was a Batman writer, I'd take this opportunity to launch more independent Poison Ivy material. Imagine how awesome Ivy/Harley would be once each of them became main characters in their respective arcs? Now you got Ivy/Harley tackling some possibly badass enemies instead of just trying to rob Gotham's floral garden.

> Current Harley is a completely unrecognizable, irritating cunt.

She has kinda always been like that, I'm a fan and I can't stand PUDDIN' EVERYTHING.

> She has kinda always been like that, I'm a fan and I can't stand PUDDIN' EVERYTHING.

Do you like pudding, puddin'?

>Characters can't always stay the same, that's how we end up with bad retcons.

Sure they can. At the very least, you can keep characters consistent when evolving them, instead of doing what DC did with making Quinn into Harleypool, except even more randumb.

>But why must Poison Ivy be dependant on Harley? Shit as this point she has enough material on her own to get her own arcs.

Poison Ivy only really depends on Batman for her existence. Both her and Harley do. This attempt to disassociate them from their core mythos is only hurting them and in Ivy's case, almost completely killed her character. As for Harley, Ivy doesn't need her and would probably be better off if their friendship was retconned as I mentioned.

>Heck, if I was a Batman writer, I'd take this opportunity to launch more independent Poison Ivy material. Imagine how awesome Ivy/Harley would be once each of them became main characters in their respective arcs? Now you got Ivy/Harley tackling some possibly badass enemies instead of just trying to rob Gotham's floral garden.

Oh God no, why can't characters stay villainesses? Ivy is literally one of the few good Batman enemies left, why the fuck would you want to ruin her with more anti-hero shit?

>She has kinda always been like that, I'm a fan and I can't stand PUDDIN' EVERYTHING.

Then why the hell are you defending Harleypool, who is basically taking all of Harley's worst traits and cranking them up to 11?

>Poison Ivy only really depends on Batman for her existence. Both her and Harley do. This attempt to disassociate them from their core mythos is only hurting them and in Ivy's case, almost completely killed her character. As for Harley, Ivy doesn't need her and would probably be better off if their friendship was retconned as I mentioned.

Batman is getting old, I'm afraid to say. As in literally. How many Earth-2's and Prime Earth and New 52's do we really need?

> Then why the hell are you defending Harleypool, who is basically taking all of Harley's worst traits and cranking them up to 11?

She has been my favorite ever since childhood. I still have hope whatever writer is giving her her books will spazz out eventually and we will get the old Harley back doing her own thing.

No, they totally did. Comic Vine writers and wikipedia like to write that line all the time, and Simon Bisley or whomever it was that dislikes Lobo but created him can keep saying that while they cry themselves to sleep because Lobo took off with the fanbase, but get this, fans are not stupid, and fans are not entirely composed of 12 year olds or mentally impared people.

We know Lobo was a satire because a foreword from the authors labelling him exactly that was printed and reproduced in pretty much all of his releases ever since he got his own comic. It's been said on all interviews and little tidbits about Lobo. We know he is a satire. That's why we loved him.

Thing is, we are all tired of bland old capeshit superheroes with false morals and daddy-good-shoes. Fuck superman. Lobo was the first time we got a fucking space Hell Angel in comic, flipping off people, using violence for humor, fuckin chicks and doing the thing WE ALL WOULD DO IF WE HAD SUPERPOWERS.

It's not that we don't get Lobo is a satire. It's that whoever bumfuck created him is a MORON for thinking a satire can survive beyond imediate exposure. Lobo STARTED as a satire, he is NOT one, the character evolved and became his own wether people want it or not, he stopped being a satire the moment he got published past his first issue. A satire doesn't get continuation or story arcs, morons, characters evolve much like their writers change from day to day, and if a satire evolves, it stops being one.

Seriously, the pretentious know it all bs nature of content creators irritates me beyong belief. Dipshits, the only reason your content sees the light of day is because people like it and digest it. If we didn't get it, we would give it no mind, so mind your fucking fanbase.

Lobo is a reflection of the times.
In the 90's, he was everything the 90's was, thrown into a blender with some barbed wire.
After New 52, they were trying to make all their characters youthful and contemporary. Thus, Lobo changed to match.

Then DC accepted that they made some fuckups with New 52 and started working in the old stuff that everyone loved.
Near the head of the line was Lobo, naturally.

Nah, Lobo is defined by the sexualized male stereotype of the era. Bad boy biker of the 80s, pretty boy metrosexual of the 00s.

60s Lobo would be a cowboy with squinty eyes, a gritty voice, and lots of stubble.

2010s Lobo would be a silver fox dilf in an expensive suit.

Problem is that they fucked up the execution.

They should have fucking done an actual story reason for his new look. Power drain leaving him weak and scrawny and looking like a pretty boy and then do a couple of minis showing Lobo adapting to his new pretty boy form and basically getting his murder machine mojo back via a variety of adventures and maybe fighting Superman.

Fuck, Lobo being turned to a pretty boy and fighting Superman to prove he's still king of the bad-asses would have been a killer Superman arc when Lobdell was writing Superman like freaking Goku. Instead of bullshit "H'el On Earth", we should have gotten an arc with Lobo to explain the change in his appearance and reintroduce the new look for him.

The problem with Harley is that she's not even the same character anymore, and it's not something I would call character progression. She went from a sad tragedy masked behind a fun sidekick, to a fucking Loony Tune who can do no wrong. If people wanted Harleen to progress away from Joker, she should have become Dr Quinzel again. Because "Harley Quinn" shouldn't even exist when away from The Joker

I'm guessing you didn't like Batman and Harley Quinn?

Readers don't buy new things. The controversy that comes with replacing things sells books, if only for a short while

they had a mini-series about lobo's bastards trying to kill him (the universe took out their lobo frustrations on them).

Because when it came time for a movie it was likely believed a prettier lobo would sell more.

early 2010s.... sleeveless was IN

I actually haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment on it. I do like the idea of Harley sidekicking someone else, trying to go straight too

I think the point as others have said was that Lobo as he was before the reboot was largely a joke on a archetype that didn't really exist anymore. The problem was it was implemented badly.

heh, bueno...

Who the fuck LIKED Batman and Harley Quinn?

That movie was godawful on every single level.

I asked the question because most of the complaints of the movie was that Harley was overtly sexualized for the audiences.