It got slaughtered at the box office.

Star Wars happened.

Boring concept

>Fox

DISNEY OWNS JOHN CENA!

Star Wars

but I saw Disaster Artist instead of Star Wars

John Cenetty ain't an icon, brother.

This movie looks cute. Is it actually good? Has anyone actually seen it?

>Star Wars
>Misjudged source material popularity
>Poor marketing
>Cheap comedy

Never heard of Ferdinand until the trailers. Still don't know what the plot is from the trailers. The humor from the trailers was lazy and half-assed.

It was a generic talking animal movie trying to compete with Star Wars. The same thing that happened with The Good Dinosaur.

It doesnt say Disney on the poster.

It's not too late. They could send some company reps out to put big Disney stickers on the posters since they do own it now.

>Trying to sell a children's movie when one of the most beloved children's franchise is playing its absurdly hyped up next installment

except Good Dinosaur is Bad.

>trailer had three butt/fart jokes
They should have had an all butt/fart joke trailer

The mere concept of a bull who doesn't want to fight takes away the one thing kids want to see a bull do. I don't think there's any way the film could have gotten around this problem.

Looked like shit

Moved it back to December 15th so they wouldn't have to compete with Star Wars. Then Star Wars moved itself to the exact same date

That and Coco was still showing

I find it quite funny how Dave managed to start a more successful Hollywood career than Cena.

Neither was Hoganetty.

How the fuck did they spend 111 million on that thing?

Dave has nostalgia at his side. Cena is too fresh. Also Dave is great with a script and can play characters. You only ever get Cena playing varying degrees of Cena. Even when he's playing a foreigner he's Cena. Batista still can't cut a promo worth a shit.

>Released alongside STAR WARS
yeah, I wonder what went wrong too... It's such a mystery.

>Dave has nostalgia at his side. Cena is too fresh.
Literally what? They both reached peak in wrestling at the same time.

Batista doesn't have any more nostalgia appeal than Cena does.

Considering I forgot this existed until now, probably shit marketing.

Maybe he means Batista left WWE so people noticed his absence and entered into possible nostalgia feelings upon seeing him resurface ("Hey, I remember that guy!"), whereas Cena never left WWE and has just remained as a medium sized fish in a near-drought pond.

I've literally never heard of this movie despite existing on both Sup Forums and leddit for years

CENA SUCKS

Well opening the same weekend as Star Wars won’t get you places.

One more run with the strap brother, he's ready.

Justification for Disney to shutter BlueSky.

It's a massively popular 80 year old story, that's not the problem.

Incidentally, Ferdinand is best known for being adapted by Disney in the 30s as a short.

Nobody watches cartoons about cows.

>massively popular
What universe do you live in?

Is that even that bad for a non-Disney animated film? What were the expectations?

Maybe "was" is better.

30 billion. Usual scamming of investors.

DELET HIS

Star Wars, duh.