Fucking shameless

Fucking shameless...

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/139094998
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We know, Sugar is a hack. What else is new?

kek
It's like you didn't know the "inspiration" or something

Is that what the kids are calling plagiarism nowadays? "inspiration"?

I can do this sort of comparison with pretty much any cartoon in existence, or movie or anime or whatever
Originality is fucking dead man

y'all better sage this i dont want the 100000000th "hey guys are you checking this out? look! steven universe is bad! look at this" on my board

i totally agree its shit but thats ever more the reason to move on from it

call me back when something actually important happens like when rebecca sugar gets accused of sexual misconduct or something

also if you say you like hating this show i wont mind

I'm not really seeing the resemblance: are the girl of the left's eyes supposed to literally be mirrors like Lapis'?

Of all the things you could've done, why'd you choose that? Eyes without pupils aren't some super original idea.

I...don't see the similarity.

Land of the Lustrous >>>>>> power gap >>>>> Steven Universe

I can't be fucked to explain it to children. Someone else do it.

God I hate that artstyle so fucking much
It looks so dull

>Sugar bases Lapis' character off of the giant shit I took in my toilet four years ago
what a hack

alright I'll bite, what the hell anime is this?

where's the girl on the left from anyways?

That's a pretty bad opinion m80 but you're free to it.

Didn't you hear?
Anything that is even remotely similar to something else is a shameless ripoff
I've seen people say Peridot's hair is a Bill Cipher reference
It's like this is the first time they've ever watched a piece of media

>hem hem i'm so superior because i watched some obscure anime then tried to say su was ripping it off
>no i won't explain it to you PLEBIANS
fuck off back to /sveg/

Manga looks neat
Anime looks like dull CGI shit, from all the webms I've seen randomly posted in threads like this

>directly taking an important aspect from an anime and shoving it in your show, creating exactly what it was before, is inspiration
ok

>obscure

seriously what show are you talking about stop being so fucking coy with us just...
fuck man you sure seem fun at parties

I have no fucking idea what anime that is, just explain or fuck off with this shitty bait thread

whoop de fucking doo, both Lapis and Lala-Ru have water powers. That's like saying Katara is a Lala-Ru rip off

You're talking to two different people, jackass. That guy isn't the OP. Show is now and then here and there.

>you sure seem fun at parties
>>>/reddit/

this isn't Sup Forums, you should've just put lapis next to pic related again for the newfags

>character is an emotionally damaged girl with blue hair who can control water and escaped from a brutal regime

And it's not like Rebeca Sugar likes anime or anything.

>escaped from a brutal regime
that's not lapis, that's peridot

>escaped from a brutal regime
but that part doesn't actually describe lapis, she didn't want to defect from homeworld
plus the blue color motif is pretty common with water themed characters

i hate Sup Forums

>blue color motif is pretty common with water themed characters
That's horseshit. Sugar is a thief.

>EHYEK I'M BEING RETARDED ON PURPOSE

Off yourself post haste.

quit arguing that a blue character with water powers is hackery then, baitfag

Pretty much, yeah.

Oh shit I'm late for the daily su hate thread.

Now and Then Here and There copied that from Future Boy Conan to begin with, pleb

I think it was inspired by the Rwandan genocide.

Wow the blue one is water related, real original

>Lala-Ru
I wonder if Lapis will die protecting the Earth.

>that pinky

This board is fucking dead.Even worse than Sup Forumsutism.Does any of you know the word inspiration and that nothing is completely original.It's like saying that Utena is a cheap rip off of it's inspirations or that teen titans is a shitty anime clone because of it's inspiration.fuck these cancerous "l-look I'm cool I dislike steven universe threads"

Like almost every show no matter what is inspired by some other show or tale.Perfectly originality doesn't exists in fiction

What separates plagiarism from inspiration is that with inspiration your supposed to make your own unique twist don't just copy and paste, If what is true then its plagiarism

It's a homage and homage is another word for plagirism.

Nah, if it is an anime reference and you think it is. It most likely is a reference.

So said one of the Crewniverse faggots.

It's not really obscure of an anime. It's still moderately well-known it aired on Sci-Fi AniMonday's. Too bad you were too busy watching Toonami.

reference=/=ripoff

Humanity ran out of originality sometime around the time Epic of Gilgamesh came out.

>rebecca has mentioned that Future Boy Conan was a major inspiration for SU
So you're saying they are both rip offs of the same thing rather than OP's anime girl being lapis' inspiration

It's really ashame and tragic that Steven Universe could've been like Utena. Since it is one of Sugar's biggest influence but nope.

>nothing is completely original
Why do people keep trotting out this pointless argument?
There is such a thing as plagiarism and it's distinct from homage and inspiration.

If your "reference" doesn't serve a thematic/narrative purpose, then it's not a reference, it's plagiarism.

plagiarism is the attempt to pass it off as original. From the very first episode, it's been clear the show is nothing more than a melting pot of vidya and 80s anime references. Japs are free to try and sue.

Actually it's another form of parody.

>Lapis and Jasper are Juri and Shiori
>Sugar tried to sound smart and say it is a relationship based on abuse and manipulation
Why can't she outright say "Yeah, they were influenced by these two characters from my favourite anime" instead of trying to sound like a spokesperson for some Crisis Hotline.

part of it is the influx of journalists and fans hailing the show as some sort of diversity/progressive haven, which puts Rebecca in this sort of spotlight like she's some SJW goddess, when really she just wanted to make a dumb cartoon drawing inspiration from her anime/cartoons she watched growing up.

I want to hug Sensei

Nips don't give a flying fuck enough to sue.

If anything, the Crewniverse is doing them a favour because some fans will probably watch what influenced their beloved cartoon.

Because OP is fucking retarded. Pic related had nothing in common whatsoever except that OP is a f/a/ggot

vimeo.com/139094998

They don't even have water related shit except red head and orange head almost drowning

The other option is actually putting in effort to think for and by themselves.

Is this yaoi? The hands are huge

Hopefully Ian don't develop this mentality once OK KO surge in popularity.
>some of the fighting is a commentary on the brutality some people live everyday on the cold hard streets of Detroit

You could at least watch the first episode before going back to shitposting on this anime image-sharing website.

It's a seinen.

SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

>some dingus actually compiled this into a gif
They're probably all bot accounts, maybe even run by the same person. Hell, maybe this was all some elaborate plot by the same person to make a dumb snowflake compilation.

>The most recent chapters

I don't know what to think or feel anymore. Jesus Christ.

nah, Ian's made it loud and clear what he wants out of OK KO, and he's having fun with it.

This is a pretty neat shot. I can imagine whoever drafted the SU sequence was watching this very scene from Utena while do so.

I wonder what Japs use for references.

Homages work best when they are nuanced. And aren't a distraction. Neither in your face and upfront about it.

It's like going to see a Marvel flick and then Stan Lee arrive in one of his "15 mimutes of fame" scene.

It can take one out of the experience, the immersion.

You can feel like either.

>I wonder what Japs use for references
In Mawaru Penguindrum, Princess of the Crystal Skull imitate Usagi's Sailor Moon pose.

Although, that has to do with more of Ikuni actually working on Sailor Moon and paying homage to a previous work of his.

>The younger gems complaining about how weird the older ones are.

I'm pretty sure that one is sleeping on purpose.

Well, let's see. Off the top of my head: NGE used Christian imagery; JoJo used pop music; Madoka Magica used Faust; Pokémon is based of the creator's experiences catching frogs + ommyodo; Persona uses Jungian psychology + Christianism + Gnosticism; FMA uses alchemy, obviously; and, in relation to the Houseki no Kuni posts above, Buddhist lore.

Utena is a reference to Herman Hesse's novel Demian.
>The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world. The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas.
From Demian.
>If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.
From Utena.

>References are great unless SU does it

YUP.

Dumb thinking that is.

when literally everything in a series is directly based off other stuff, it starts to be less of an homage/reference and more like a pattern of plagiarism.

Fuck I don't know if I can rewatch that anime

Was pretty fucking dark

>Sup Forums general consensus3 years ago
HOLY SHIT SU REFERENCED SANIC UTENA AND EVANGELION WHOOOOOOA
>Sup Forums general consensus today
FUCKING SU REFERENCED SANIC UTENA AND EVANGELION WHAT THE FUCK
The most entertaining part of SU for me hasn't been the show, the show's pretty mediocre. It's been watching Sup Forums's opinion do a complete 180 because it's grown tired of the show for other reasons, and now seems to despise everything it does by proxy. And yes, I know that Sup Forums isn't some stupid hivemind, but the general tone of threads has clearly shifted into a much more negative mindset than a few years ago, even regarding the exact same scenes and themes that were previously praised.

I know. so glad I got to see it on scifi though. that was awesome of them to show it.

That's poor logic. If it's intended to be an homage/inspiration meant for people to recognize, it's not plagiarism.

>drumpf tier thinking
President have nothing to do with this discussion.

>I've seen people say Peridot's hair is a Bill Cipher reference
Right company, wrong series and villainous character.

Yet you're the one who brought him up.

>supporting flump

Umm, try again sweetie.

>perpetually on haitus
>still no fucking payoff
>Sugar hyping up Stranded as her most favourite episode ever
>well end with no fucking payoff
>goes into hiatus again
Listen, there was nothing wrong with Steven Universe in the beginning of its airing because it had shown promise but eventually if you keep dangling a fucking carrot to a string and have a rabbit chase it, it'll soon realize there are other carrots in the field riped and ready to be eaten and simply run off to where the carrots are prosperous and not stick around for the same old string trick.

And (you) ARE the one who indirectly mention him in your post.

Get the fuck oughta e're.

That's not even my point man, I agree with you on that stuff. I just find it hilarious comparing things to a few years ago, because the same stuff that people used to like about the show they now hate, simply because of its association with the rest of the show. Sup Forums was sucking SU's dick hard, HARD, because of the references back 2-3 years ago, but this thread is bitching about them now. Many of the same references that were already pointed out at the time, which Sup Forums sucked the show's dick over.

I'm not bashing anybody over it, I just find the total heel turn in opinion to be hilarious.

>reminding me of this anime

fuck you and fuck your life
WHYYYYY, OH GOD, WHYYYY!?

>It's been watching Sup Forums's opinion do a complete 180 because it's grown tired of the show for other reasons, and now seems to despise everything it does by proxy.

Agreed, also what happened with Homestuck.