So, is Marvel comics in its death years?

So, is Marvel comics in its death years?

I mean, we've had Marvel been low, but this shit seems really bad of late. Bendis left, Alonso fired, C.B. is entering with controversy, a shit load of books are canceled, there doesn't seem any promise for big stuff on the horizon, and just now, Ben Morse, one of the editors, has left Marvel to become a teacher.

Their big thing to win people back is another Infinity Ge-sorry, Stone hunt, with a return of Jean Grey? Some story called Damnation with all supernatural heroes fighting Mephisto? I really don't see anything saving Marvel now. They're in an outright freefall.

I ain't talking about movies. I'm talking comics.

>one of the editors
>editors
>Marvel

Fuck off nu-faggots!

Ever since 1938 every god damn comic company has had peaks and lows. Two ears ago DC was on its deathbed. Five years ago Marvel was Finished! Ten years ago DC was dying and couldn't compete.

It's a flavor of the fucking month medium that is just as ADD as the majority of its fans are. No Marvel isn't dead. The comics will fucking outlive your dumb ass and rebound in time beating the shit out of DC once again. So please, fuck off and lurk moar you ignorant dumbshit

He’s also right

Yoshida's gonna save Marvel

>C.B. is entering with controversy
This basically amounted to nothing and didn't affect the company at all.

A bigger issue that you didn't mention was how all the talented writers with name value left under Alonso, but it doesn't really fit your narrative, I guess.

Bendis leaving is one of the best things to ever happen to Marvel, the majority of the problems marvel faces today can be directly linked back to him.

CB just canceled all of the books that were selling like shit and no one wanted.

Slott is FINALLY leaving amazing spider-man after 10 fucking years

I dare say things are finally starting to look up.

>He’s also right wing
Fixed.

>talented

That may be, but Marvel wasn't owned by a bigger company that could cut off unprofitable branches before.

>Marvel will pander to weeaboos now
>DC will get all the cape fans
Welcome, Polack scum.

Well, yeah, I didn't want to bring up every example cause those talent leaving was around 2 years ago, but yeah.

>Brubaker
>Hickman
>Fraction
Don't like the dude but people shit awards at him and his stuff reviews well
>Remender
see comment about Fraction

No.

What’s the difference between the right and left wings? I’m not from Sup Forums so I’ve never bothered to actually figure out what makes them so different

Marvel is literally just getting back up right now thanks to based Cebulsky

>Bringing back origional characters
>Signing exlusive deal for Cates
>cancelling unnessecary books
>CB is known for getting artists which are badly needed
>New Runaways author on her first book does the best Runaways series since BVK

Looking good

They'll pander to Westaboos

You think Disney honestly gives a shit about comics? Movies and toys. Comics exists to carry out copyright ownership and to churn out potential movie/show plot lines.

Disney still sees value in the Marvel IP, even if only for the movies. It also means that if the comics are falling flat, they can be supported by the rest of the company while they get back on their feet.

Whats more likely to be the "failstate" of Marvel is that the suits upstairs come down and bash heads together and tell them to cut the shit and put their crap in order. Reorganise, turf out a few of the more useless individuals and put the others on notice. Probably create something along the lines of a house style, everything nice and easy to get into and read.

>Bendis left,
This is a good thing
>Alonso fired,
This is also a good thing, are you going to bitch when Breevort gets the boot too?
>C.B. is entering with controversy,
Only wankers call that Controversy,
>a shit load of books are canceled,
Happens all the time, the books that were cancelled sucked anyway
>there doesn't seem any promise for big stuff on the horizon
that you know of
>Ben Morse, one of the editors, has left Marvel to become a teacher.
Im truly puzzled why you would think this is anything at all.

This. The mouse will keep Marvel in a holding pattern rather than let the comics outright die just to keep the IP rights.

>Bendis left

Bendis was pushed. Probably by his own sad belief that at 50 he's got what it takes to make it in Hollywood, when he clearly never had that at 25.

Either that or his doctor told him to take it easy. The guy's basically 90% lard.

what the fuck is this shit

He was 90% lard
I’ve seen some pics that look like Rivera was beating him to the buffet

Are you pretending marvel wasn't in bankruptcy and had to sell it's movie rights?

In 96
Oh look only 21 years ago

The only people upset with C.B. are SJWs. As we well know, SJWs never buy comics anyway. As long as C.B. steers Marvel away from Alonso’s shitfire, there might be hope yet for redemption.

Right wingers are conservative. They believe in tradition and strong family values. There are only 2 genders. Men are men, and women are women. They tend to vote Republican.

Left wingers are liberal. They believe in alternative lifestyles. Traditions are antiquated and harmful. Religion is bad. There are as many genders as you can think of, because gender exists on a spectrum. Leftists tend to vote Democrat.

Sounds like the only thing that separates them in the opinion on genders, beyond that they seem pretty identical to me.

Either way, his political opinions don’t really effect my opinion of the user in question.

Disney didn't buy them because it was a favor user.

I'm relatively sure the entire roof of a Crown Vic isn't gonna cave in from one person landing on it.

Disney bought them as an IP farm, what’s your point

This. It looks like what's going on right now is the mouse saying "Enough is enough, cut this bullshit out."

Disney probably spends more on toilet paper at Disneyworld in a day than they spend on Marvel Comics in a year, but the I.P. from it is growing them golden apples... they don't give a damn if it is shit, because a single Thor: Ragnarok makes them enough money to keep the comics division going for 50 years.

Sure, they'd prefer it to be turning a profit... that's why as soon as they brought in CB you saw the vast majority of the shit books get cancelled and most of the characters are going back to their classic versions. I suspect Disney is going to keep a tight reign until Marvel Comics starts being profitable again... then they'll leave it alone. They learned that lesson a long time ago. It's funny that Marvel and DC have the exact opposite problems/successes at the moment - Marvel's movies are good, but their comics are shit. DC's movies are shit, but their comics are good.

the moment comics stop being about pushing far left propaganda and demonizing white men Marvel will recover again

>things that aren't happening

>a shit load of books are canceled

Every one of the books that were cancelled were selling abysmally. Like, below 15k per month, and honestly should've been cancelled months ago.

If anything, everything you just mentioned is a strong indicator that Marvel is actually beginning to get its shit together. They honestly should've done all of this at the same time they announced Marvel Legacy, because news like this actually helps convince me that they mean it when they say they wanna get better.

unless they pull of something big soon I would believe so.

or marvel will just completely transition over to movies and just release comics to go with them.

ala civil war 2 and this new infinity event

>New Runaways author on her first book does the best Runaways series since BVK
Is it actually good? I saw Anka on art and instantly walked away

Are you a fan of the Runaways? Then it's well worth reading and supporting, yes. If it's your first Runaways book though then I doubt it'll do anything for you. The whole book's appeal is kinda contingent on you already being familiar with and invested in all of the characters.

I read them as they were coming out at the time and liked them, but haven't re-read them since because I assumed I'd probably dislike it now since I'm much older. I'll try to track them down and go through it over a weekend

Tom Brevoort also fucked over Starlin. He denied him a Thanos ongoing that would come out around Infinity War. Brevoort then gave the ongoing to someone else and it had a very similar plot to a Thanos story Jim Starlin was doing for a graphic story. Brevoort then denied he ripped off the story.

>Starlin says "I'm never working for Marvel again"
The fuck else is new? This is like the 5th time he's said this over the years. Hell, the last time he stormed out of Marvel in a huff was because Brevoort said that Thanos: The End wasn't canon since none of the "The End" comics were canon. Starlin does this once or twice a decade.

You know, this reminds me of that story about why Marvel didn't hire Darwyn Cooke ever again.

The story goes that Darwyn Cooke pitched a Marvel kids line that would involve him, J Bone, and others doing work on it. I can't remember if they planned to do new stuff or adapt older stories. Anyway Cooke didn't hear back and then months later Marvel announces either the Marvel Age line which eventually became the Marvel Adventures line. Cooke got pissed off and then confronted Alonso at a bar during Wizard World LA in 2004 and threw a beer in his face.

Starlin’s drama doesn’t make Breevort any less of a cunt

>Bendis left
This is a good thing for Marvel. Sucks for DC, though.
>Alonso fired
This is even better.
>C.B. is entering with controversy
Only dumb faggots whining about cultural appropriation care. They don't even read, let alone buy, comics, so fuck 'em.
>a shit load of books are canceled
Shit books with bad sales that should have gotten the axe long ago, or should have never been greenlit to begin with.

The rest is just minor shit that won't have much of an impact in the long run. Losing Bendis, sacking Alonso, getting Slott off of ASM, getting an EiC that actually cares about company viability instead of using it to virtue signal or push an ideological agenda, that's what really matters. Weebman's got a lot of work ahead of him to dig Marvel out of the rut they've been in these past years, but I'd still say things are finally looking up for them again.

People outside of Sup Forums (not just Sup Forums like comics/cartoons in general) might see that reaction as over the top too. "It's kids books who cares" as if it isn't major theft of an idea.

Im upset over the double identity because it was a shitty thing for him to do no matter what ethnicity it was.
I'm willing to look the other way if he fixs marvel though.

Congratulations on making a bait thread that is bad even by Sup Forums standards, OP.

You shouldn't be here if that pisses you off.

I'm dead serious. Either that's bullshit or you don't belong here.

I bet you're not a fan of Mark Twain either.

Yes. Especially when their stockholders are bitching about the far left agenda every week. In meetings. In email. It's driving Disney execs nuts. They can't fix ESPN but they can fire the main jerks ruining Marvel and try to fix that.

>Marvel nearly goes bankrupt in the 90's
>durrr iz mahvel dyin