So this was based off of the raimi movie? Jesus christ, what was it like?

So this was based off of the raimi movie? Jesus christ, what was it like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WIkH3V3wUiM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is the that the MTV abomination?

It was weird as fuck

yeah

>End of the line for you, jiggaboo ass nigger! Time to tie a web around your neck and hang you from these skyscrapers!
I like how it stayed faithful to Raimi’s vision.

Their Silver Sable was a top tier qt

It was pretty good.

It had a cool intro
youtu.be/WIkH3V3wUiM

Kinda interesting that it established Movie daredevil and Raimi Spiderman share a continuity.

the only thing i remember about the show.

All I remember is that Harry was blonde and I have no idea why.

Sort of. The MTV cartoon takes Spider-Man 1 as canon (Harry's mad at Spider-Man for his father's death, etc etc) but not anything else that came after.

There was also a reference to the X-Men somewhere in an episode, so you can imagine that in whatever Earth this cartoon takes place that they have the backstory of Spider-Man 1, X-Men 1, and Affleck Daredevil.

So did the Spider-Man 1 novelization.

What was the reference in that one?

Interesting.

Peter David wrote, so of course it did.

I'm not sure if it was the movie's fault or MTV's why they didn't use as much comic villains and used OCs like the one psycho girl obsessed with getting spider D.

Neil Patrick Harris voices Spidey, but since Harold & Kumar hadn't revived his career yet, he puts in all the enthusiasm of a has-been kid actor desperate for a paycheck.

And yet he gets into the Shattered Dimensions video game as 616 Spidey.

Being more famous than the other 3 voices combined helps...

It was made in between 1 and 2. Sony pushed at the time that it took place between the two and was canon but that was just typical marketing bullshit.

I was like 11 at the time and I loved it so much. I don't know why.

I know it’s off topic but I really wish Rino Romano was brought in for Spider-Man 2099.

Sony only let then use villains and characters that Raimi or Sony had no immediate interest in. That's why the black cat episode was rewritten.

I love Amazing Friends but I never understood the choice of Dan Gilvezan for 2099

Seconded.

No one ever remembers Rino as Spidey.

I liked it.

Man, I kinda miss the 00s

You and me both, man. I'm not feeling this timeline.

I did too.

Seems based more off the first movie's video game tie-in, since Spidey already knows Kraven in it.

It's been years, but Spidey beats up some bank robbers, Jack Murdock sees it, calls up Matt and says something like
>You won't believe the guy I just saw, he was like some kind of daredevil

The Holocaust episodes were really fucked up but the KKK episodes at least had some character basis to them. Best episodes were where Spidey was throwing gays onto electrical wires to reconvert them because of all the quips made

So daredevil is younger than Spider-Man?

What was the plan when he boned the ethnic?

The designs feel like Peter Chung's stuff
I wonder how good it would have looked in hand drawn animation

>based off of the raimi movie?
Could they even show this in todays political climate?

According to Peter David, apparently.

i had the same cell they used in the show.

Its pretty enjoyable, and only has 8(?) or so episodes. Definitely worth a watch.

I had a Sony Ericcson, too
My first camera phone
Lots of good memories

>It's claim to fame was Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and not Spider-Man :-(

Took place after the Raimi film and it was pretty good actually, as this was written by Bendis before he became insane. But apparently for some reason, they weren’t allowed to have Aunt May or Uncle Ben included in the show because the MTV guys said that it might affect their viewership. Something about young people watching the show or something, it was probably why J. Jonah Jameson only has a couple of cameos.

The animation was also really well done, the character models...Eh, not so much. There were some models that looked good like Silver Sable’s, MJ and Spider-Man. But then you have guys like Harry Osborn and Cindy.

It wasn't too good, but I liked it well enough. Swearing, violence, sexuality; never going to see that in a Spider-Man cartoon again.
Was Indy supposed to be asian or Indian?

It’s like his Uncle Ben always said, a real white man goes out and plunders among the brown and yellow races.
it was a different time

>Indira 'Indy' Daimonji

I'd guess Indian. I previously thought black because of the VA but I have no idea what the origin of her name is.

Oops. Looks like the last name is Japanese

Yeah, he was great.

It wasn't that bad. But damn the environments suck.