Why is the 'goth' archtype so long-lasting even though this is completely gone in real life and has been replaced by...

why is the 'goth' archtype so long-lasting even though this is completely gone in real life and has been replaced by shittier versions?

People who watched cartoons with goths girls grew up to become cartoonists themselves, it's now basically an animation rule that every show must at some point have at least one goth girl

Goths still exsist, and for me personally its because ive always loved horror and things like halloween and monsters, and girls that embrace that while wearing sexy black clothes and have pale skin makes me hard.

it's because
>tfw no big titty goth gf

It's very simple both visually and personalitywise, it's a cliche akin to Jock and Nerd at this point vs actually trying to reflect the subculture.
These archetypes atleast at this point are about using stock characters, not reflecting reality.

Oh, shit didn't realize I was gone user, hot damn.

goth girls are cute

To think, if rock music hadn't been completely sidelined from the mainstream, we could be having emos in cartoons.

God I fucking hate the breakfast club, because it took this qt and conformed her to artificial standards of beauty and told her to behave like every other blase fucking pos like the other girl in the movie, and then they have her hook up with the jock archetype. Fucking stupid ass overhyped movie that'd never happen in real life despite its presentation to be about the connection between all these different strata of high schooler. Most realistic part is the twink writing the letter at the end.

How's it feel being the last of your race?

Lonely as fuck man, last real goth person I saw that wasn't me in a mirror was over 6 months ago. and she was a land whale.

This is the life you chose, you knew your kind went extinct over a decade ago but you refused to change with the tide, live with your mistakes.

Emo's are basically just whinier versions of goths, and punks are just goth-lite.

>TFW metal fag
>rap has dominated jormies and destroyed alternatives populairty and as a result goths
Fuck niggers and their “””music”””

Calm down user.
Also you missed the point of her character.
Her personality was fake, it was a giant cry for help because she was a friendless loser whose parents didn't care about her.
The entire point was her abandonning an unhealthy persona.

The issue however was I feel they didn't want to actually make Alison full on concerning basketcase. You know that kid at your school, the girl who probably definitely cuts, barely bathes or takes care of herself and does weird creepy shit. That's what Alison was supposed to be, but this was supposed to be a fun cheap teen comedy about a lovable cast of people from different walks. If she was the gross girl that looked like the cry for help she actually was, they might risk bringing the whole mood down outside of the serious moments and nobody would like Alison. So they tried their best to make her appealing but get across the idea she was a weirdo. They accidentally pulled a Dinkley, and she became the girl everyone likes because Molly was a basic princess. But Alison was weird but still a qt.
So the message falls flat because now she seems less special, nobody really cares what made her special was just an act to get anyone's attention, and she didn't need to do that anymore because she had actual friends who would care about her, so she could clean herself the fuck up.
Also bond over make up and shit.
Also get that Chad dick.

They are just the best!

Meh it was a phase for them not for me, ill keep on kicking, some of us gotta.

Dont worry user, im in my twenties and buy all my clothes fron hot topic and only dress in black with a grey and black beetlejuice like hoodie.

Emos are trash.

I respect your persistence but question your beliefs.
Like, what the fuck makes goth shit so important to you? Is painting your fingernails black while listening to really shitty music really the thing that drives you?

Punks precede goths by like 7 years and have a wildly different aesthetic. Emo fashion is more like streamlined goth than anything else.

arent goths and emos the same thing?

Not that user but its the fashion i like. Its just like how eccentrics and fashion freaks wear exotic clothing. Whats weird is that im more of a hyper childish person and alot of the pessimistic shit i believe doesnt make me depressed all the time. I guess other goths are like that too, i mean jhonen vasquez loves puppets.

fat nerds thinking they have a chance with a girl that doesn't care about her appearance or what others think of her, when in reality they long for a romantic relationship and the fat virgins are so emotionally stunted it'd be unbeliavable to think they could actually get together.

and this is where all said fat nerds end up so no surprise here.

Branching subspecies.
Before they were called Emo, they were called Suicide Goths.

What’s the difference between something being just a phase and something being sincere and legitimate but then you grow and change as a person?

There isn't one

Yeah but they're cute though.

If fuckin only

Because the first ones were modeled after actual goths, like Siouxie Sioux.
Later, as goths faded from popular culture, all anyone had to base them on was depictions of goths.

>with a girl that doesn't care about her appearance or what others think of her
I'll never get where this meme comes from, back in my old high school goth girls were the closest thing to stereotypical cartoon-tier mean girls; meanwhile all the cheerleaders were either super nice or borderline subhuman creatures they managed to stuff into a uniform.

>my high school experience is indicative of the actual social structure in high schools
suuure, what else can you tell us?

unironically love that pic tbfh, I rarely go to ht anymore, except for the denim sales that's some good shit. in this day and age, it's easier to just buy all your crap online.
I've been doing this for a long time now im also mostly nocturnal and only use nail shit when it's not a work night so i can fuck around town, beyond that, I enjoy the colors and unironically enjoy some of the music, I guess for me its just a part of who I am.
Common mistake the tldr is
Emos see the world and take it out on themselves.
Goths see the world and admit shits fucked.
That's something I've heard a couple times on here weirdly.
If its just a phase there's a finite end to it, its stops being "cool" or "popular" you stop hanging out with the same group of kids and stop giving a shit about it. Growing out of it takes time, you develop as a person over lengths, this is all strictly imo though take it as you will.

I wish skate punks were still a thing.

That's weird as fuck from my perspective the one goth girl I knew in hs, was just depressed a lot, too bad she moved to cali and got into some hardcore sex shit involving bats and anal.

Thanks, i started in highschool after being coddled and dressed by my mom for years, and the fashion sense just became synonymous with me, plus i love metal and alternative band like we came as romans, MSI, and motionless in white.
The villain and circus freaks had legitimately creepy and cool designs, the bad cgi helps with making it look grimey and unsettling.

>and got into some hardcore sex shit involving bats and anal.
You cant just say that without giving more info. Are there any videos of her online?

>tfw Rhinestone Eyes will never get a proper animation

We talking like Lemmiwinks: The Bat Edition stuff here?

I recently saw a goth girl in Idaho when i visited there. I'm normally not into goth girls but she had a southern accent that made for a beguiling combination.

>Goth girl with a heavy Southern accent
>Wears a black cowboy hat with a brim that looks like batwing's and owns a revolver with polished elk bone furniture
Fuck you for realizing how badly I want a character like this in a cartoon

Why is it beasteality disgusts me more the pedophilia?

idk, you are giant faggot if you think that. there is literally nothing wrong with consensual bestiality

Basically, she got raped for a couple years and due to low self-confidence eventually became really submissive and slutty , then got picked up by a 40 something bear looking mother fucker with a trucker hat, when she finally gets the hint shes being used for sex she dumps him hooks up with a new bf and is somewhere in cali, as for vids nah but she had a secret da account called IronHide i dont have a link sadly, apparently it was common place for her to get her ass beat so hard she cant sit, and posted pictures for some fucking reason.
That fan animation was fucking good though.
I met a chick like that in texas we where the only two motherfuckers insane enough to wear black coats in 102-degree weather.
Because fucking animals is "less human" fuck if I know man.

How can an animal consent? I can atleast understand a teenager consenting

all this other traffic is unexpected.
this will help push my ultimate master plan agenda
just keep posting lucy :^)

Where did bats involve with her sexual deviancy?
>no video of fat trucker plowing 20something goth
God damnit internet, youve failed me again

uhhg, do i have to teach this lesson every time?
i have completely lost count how many times by now.

i guess i shouldn't, as even text will trigger the (((mods)))

>uhhg, do i have to teach this lesson every time?
>i have completely lost count how many times by now.
>i guess i shouldn't, as even text will trigger the (((mods)))
Do it fag

Post your goth OCs. Here's my /hyw/ shit.

You do have goth OCs, don't you user?

No user, I'm not a 13 year old with a deviantart account

General ass beat, she literally got a text from the dude when she was hanging out with me and a friend of him holding a four-foot long paddle with holes, crazy bitch moaned. loved her though she was always a nice person, a great artist too also fucking loved anime. Last I heard she was either getting beat across the ass cheek with it or taking it anally.

>Goth oc
what fresh fucking hell?

why are goths always lolis?

Original characters who are goth, not like, characters who exist for the sole purpose of being goth. That'd be silly.

Because 90% of cartoon characters relevant to the plot are children

no....no.... as much as i would like to educate people, there are certain subjects we aren't allowed to think or talk about here :^)

im sure you could find something on /mlp/ or /trash/. i know there are pictures with a ton of text about it too.

If your going to make a big deal about it you might as well post what you were going to say anyways

>/mlp/
>knows the details of animal "consent"
have you fucked an actual horse or what?
go back to your containment board

What's more important:
>look like a goth
>act like a goth

Personally, goth persona is more important than goth image.

>YWN squirt your load into a 8yr old goths tight loli pussy

Because usually, people grow out of it?
Ah nah all my ocs I haven't drawn in years, maybe my comic representation might count but that's me soo.
Personality imo.

Yes, but of course!

What archetype is second best to goth?

Caring Tomboy or Nice Airhead, but I contend that they’re actually even with Goth.

Good taste.

Tsundere girls. I want a girl that constantly acts like a bitch while still loving me and being a freak in bed

Goth girls are a gift from god that should be treasured and worshipped

I'm ok with both...two different flavors of the same great thing!

Personally I really like the cheerleader outfit.

That's a good one too!

Goth girls are usually trailer trash and juggalos in real life. Much like redheads, it's something best appreciated in fiction save for the one-in-a-million winner.

It's so funny that the show referenced the sitcom "Married with Children" with the third outfit Lucy is wearing

>goth girl
>in dumb anime poses
what a mindless endeavor

I just want to cuddle up to Peggy Bundy Lucy while she bitches about her friends, her day, and her family before falling asleep to her joisey accented monotone.

>all this lucy posting
I'm conflicted, on one hand this stoops down to lenifags' level.
On the other she's the best character in her show.

>herpes mouth

Don't think you know what punk means.

In the UK, goth culture is absolutely not dead, though it varies on place to place how much you’ll see it. I would say that it’s more in the North and Scotland than it is down South. The town of Whitby is especially popular for them as a tourist place as that’s the home of Dracula, and then there’s the annual Download festival where basically every goth, emo, punk, skater and metalhead descends upon a field for the weekend.

Basically while rock and metal music still exists, these subcultures will never truely die.

Nah! It's just from an "nude" edit of the picture
but whoopsie-doodle...the artist missed a little bit of the blood around her mouth.

Oh that kind of bat.

Not really an OC, but I drew it anyways.

Based on a recurring nightmare I've been having.

>and she was a land whale.
lol are you SURE it wasn’t another mirror

I found out I saved a lot of weird stuff, but I'm pretty sure this isn't one of them.

>Completely gone
Just yesterday I had a couple walk into the shop I work at.
>Both dressed in full black with pale skin
>Girl didn't put too much effort in, looked kind of normal
>Guy over 6 foot, hair black, straight, way past his shoulders, black trenchcoat, black leather boots, full vampaboo
I like goths, they're entertaining.