Watch it

watch it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzcUQuImIBY
youtube.com/watch?v=UF_rKE3nIoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This scared the piss out of me as a kid.

It's pretty ghostly and threatening

What a pussy.
>captcha is "gaylord"

Idk. You wanna die alone then burn?

>What a pussy.
What can I say? I was a sheltered kid.

A Muppet Christmas Carol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other Christmas Carol rendition

This is the one with Scrooge as Scrooge right? That shit was good

post yfw "WHY YOURS EBENEZER"

I rewatched it last year, not having seen it since I was a kid

I didn't care for it, honestly.

I just did. They really sped through it. The animation was okay, though. I like how they handled Christmas Future/Pete's cigar smoke.

I haven’t seen it in years, but I was recently thinking about it, and it now feels weird that Daisy was put in the spot of Scrooge’s ex girlfriend. When I was a little kid I didn’t notice, but watching it now feels like seeing Donald and Scrooge taking turns cucking eachother.

I tried to watch it recently on tv and it was some shitty version that cut out the love song.

I own it on VHS. I used to watch it a lot but I prefer longer Christmas Carol movies that are full adaptations of the book. My first one was the one with Patrick Stewart but I'm pretty sure there are some better ones out there.

>I'm pretty sure there are some better ones

The one and only

youtube.com/watch?v=NzcUQuImIBY

The 1951 Christmas Carol (sometimes listed as "Scrooge") starring Alastair Sim is widely regarded as one of the best adaptations.

this

God, Michael Caine is great in this one.

That's because the love song was a VHS/early DVD only thing that never appeared in theaters.

This one is my mother's favorite.

I prefer the 80's George C Scott version.

It's almost become an annual tradition for us to argue between the two of them

The Twelve Hundred Ghosts supercut is fun

youtube.com/watch?v=UF_rKE3nIoI

MCC isn't even on TV this year

What's the point of Disney owning Muppet's IP if they are just gonna keep it in the vault

Why is Donald the only duck that talks the way he does?

Does he have a brain tumor?

Throat injury from back in the war.

this one is better

Still one of the best Christmas carols out there.

My top three.

3. 2. Scrooged

Huey, Dewie, Louie, and Webbie have similar accents, but are easier to understand.

>It's another "Everyone is an asshole to Fred" episode/special

>this scene...

Just watched it
WHY YOURS, EBENEZER!
THE RICHEST MAN IN THE CEMETERY!
AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

>It may be that in the eyes of heaven you are more worthless and less fit to live than MILLIONS like this poor mans child
This will always be the best version

I used to think Scrooge McDuck was created just for this cartoon and was confused when I saw him in other cartoons. Why would they have the Scrooge parody as a regular character? Even today it's a bit weird. It'd be like if Michael Caine was used as a regular muppet.

Caught it airing on tv last week, and they edited out a decent chunk to get the usual 7+ minutes of commercials into a 30min slot. Kind of pissed me off, I won't lie.

Christmas Carol is deeply ingrained in our pop culture

Itd be more like the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz popping up outside of parodies

i don't want to, it makes me cry

Scrooge McDuck was created in 1947 by Carl Barks as an antagonistic figure in a Donald Duck Christmas comic story, but he realized that Donald having a rich cantankerous uncle would be a perfect plot device for future stories and Scrooge eventually took over the duck comics entirely

I don't even know why they do this shit. Like, A Charlie Brown Christmas got some shitty shorts produced just so they could be aired with it to fill a full hour. Do something like that here, I know there's enough old classics you can play before and after Mickey's Christmas Carol. Put on the one where donald and the nephews have a snow fight that's 10/10 shit right there.

Which is, coincidentally, being storyline as we speak

*storytimed

This. Mickey's Christmas Carol and Muppet Christmas Carol were great too.

sweet

Muppet Christmas Carol is great with the Ghost of Christmas Past and Present, but Mickey's Christmas Carol trumps it with the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come.

Pete just pushing Scrooge to his grave and then laughing maniacally ass he is about to burn in hell is way better than Michael Cain just on his hands and knees begging.

The Jim Carrey one is the definitive adaptation. Prove me fucking wrong.

see

see

This is underrated as FUCK. I have no idea why it isn't well known. Outside of one odd action sequence, it's by FAR the most faithful adaptation with the most heart and soul.

decades of repressed anger

It's a little rough

Mother fuckers

>It'd be like if Michael Caine was used as a regular muppet.

I would love that, actually.