Indie Comics General

Who else went through an intense phase of pure faggotry being an elitist and reading and "enjoying" indie comics?

Sure, some are genuinely good (Essex County, Chris Ware stuff, Daytripper, Pyongyang, Asterios Polyp) some are forgettable (Blankets, I Kill Giants, Local, American Born Chinese) while others are, in my opinion, trash tier (Fun Home, Maus, Scott Pilgrim).

Thoughts?

Lol, no one gives a shit about indie comics. What else is new?

Cool shitpost.

i still will read stuff published by image though.

guess i'm an elitist then.

hey how are marvel and dc doing these days?

>i still will read stuff published by image though.

I'm not entirely sure Image is all that indie anymore.

> guess i'm an elitist then.
Not necessarily a bad thing, I was once one, but I still love capeshit.

> hey how are marvel and dc doing these days?
Better than indie comics, but this isn't really a mainstream vs. indie thread.

>>I'm not entirely sure Image is all that indie anymore.
Well what is indie then? All this Fanta, D&Q hipster shit?

why the scare quotes around enjoying

Some are pretty depressing and devoid of fun, desu. For instance, no one really "enjoys" Schindler's List.

I guess? It's hard for me to consider Saga and Walking Dead indie.

>Maus
>trash

way to kill the thread

Gotta spice it up. This is a thread about indie comics, after all.

But I grew out of superheroes, OP.

>It's hard for me to consider Saga and Walking Dead indie.
so you're retarded

Welcome to Sup Forums.

>thoughts

Even your eclectic tastes are trash. You also don't really know what "indie" is.

What not post some books you liked, user?

Not him, but those titles are so mainstream right now, especially walking dead, that can only be considered indie because they are not published by a bigger company.

My first Frazzetaverse book. Love it

indie just means creator owned, it has nothing to do with popularity

Are there any good indie titles right now?

>claims to have become an indy elitist
>only lists the most plebian entry level garbage

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The Black Monday Murders

Chris Ware is really not that good. Once you get past his layouts and his uses of different styles of formats you find his stories to be pretty shallow and flat.

No, you're a moron.

>Implying it's not a blatant bait thread made by some Sup Forums retard who looked up a top 10 indie comics list

>Who else went through an intense phase of pure faggotry being an elitist and reading and "enjoying" indie comics?

Unless you were reading underground zines you're still a normie B&N recommendations faggot.

ITT anons refuse to post their favorite indie books and add to the discussion.

I only read the finest self published comixs that are only purchasable in person at invite only back alley comic conventions, there is no point in telling you what name, if any, that they have because a little bitch boi genrefag like yourself will never have the privilege of being able to purchase even a single page.

Harrow County's good.

I bought some local comix from a small con a few months back for shits and it was unbearably bad. The very first letter the the very first trite caption box wasn't capitalized, FFS.

I'll check it out, thanks user.

Be aware, while it's much better than Cullen Bunn's other work, it gets a bit iffy in recent chapters. It's best read for Crook's beautiful art.

this is as indi as I have. Local punk band made a concept album and then had a bunch of artists do every song as a comic. Not a big fan of their music but it's a neat story

Not surprised, The Sixth Gun felt a bit meh towards the end, especially the spin offs.
By the way, why do people dislike Bunn? Is it his big 2 work? All of his creator owned stuff I've read is pretty enjoyable, except for Blood Feud, but that might have been the art.

I gotta disagree on I Kill Giants. Not forgettable at all
The rest of I’m with you on, just not that one (SP was fun trash, but still trash)

I Kill Giants had a good ending, but I can't remember the main plot at all.

Bump

I ordered Asterios Polyp last week. I like capes but i'm inclined to support more smaller publishers like dark horse or fantagraphics at the time of buying. I can read capes with no remorse online desu

>anything non-capeshit is elitist
wew